Monster of the Week 1-Shot

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2019 12:40 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 74, Irrelephant11 wrote:Mrs. Elephant is in the ER. This game delayed until further notice.
Oh, hope all turns out well.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Mrs. Elephant is home and recovering. Updates will resume sometime this week!

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts <3
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Whoops... update coming Monday!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 72, brassherald wrote:Alec walks up and says
"Hello, we are looking into it, clearly the superior choice is us four rather than the police. Could you help us?"

Investigate a mystery roll
Original Roll String: 2d6+2 (STATIC)
2 6-Sided Dice: (6, 5)+2 = 13
In post 73, brassherald wrote:What happened?
Where did it go?

And I believe I get one that is outside of all the questions, so, my question there would be Where can we go to get clues which may not be immediately obvious?
Your read of the "Investigate a Mystery" isn't quite right; you only get that extra question if you have "Advanced" the Move, which is something you can do when leveling up. Since you haven't done that yet, you'll get just the two questions. For future reference, you can always ask just one question at a time, if you expect one answer to affect what you'll ask next. But in this case I'm gonna roll with it and answer both.

what happened? Where did it go?When Figgy gets back from helping a customer, Diego steps forward.

"Hello, we are looking into it, clearly the superior choice is us four rather than the police. Could you help us?" Diego asks.

Figgy laughs and picks up a couple clean glasses to dry them with a towel. "Sure, I mean I know what it's like to be curious about what's going on in this town. And I know what you mean about the cops - you should see them here after hours the one cop whose name I can never remember always does shots to start and..." Figgy trails off while glancing down the bar at someone. "Oh right um, anyway, what exactly were you trying to find out?"

"Well for starters," Diego says while leaning over the bar, "What happened, exactly?"

She sighs. "Honestly? I don't know what to think happened. But I've heard a lot. Some of this year's cast - they're doing
Godspell
, I think? like to come bowling together on Wednesday nights and I overheard them talking yesterday." Figgy sets down the glass and towel she's holding and moves some of her hair away from the many earrings in her left ear. She looks each of you in the eye.
"You guys know I'm just passing on what I've heard, right? You won't judge me for how weird this sounds?"

You all look at each other and nod.

"Well apparently his mute wife thinks he's dead." Figgy's face becomes very serious, and she lowers her voice. "Mrs. Wagner said - er, wrote, I guess, that she heard some bizarre sounds the night it happened. Some hissing, something like a squishy sound or something... And she just feels in her bones that he's gone. She didn't see anything specific, though, I don't think, and she can't really re-create what she heard very well, for obvious reasons. But I dunno that's just what the cast was talking about who knows if it's true or exaggerated. I hope he's still alive."

Diego nods slowly, then asks, "We actually heard there was maybe an animal involved? Like a snake or something? Is that weird?"

Figgy chuckles, then starts mixing a drink that includes rum and orange juice. "Wouldn't be the first time I heard that idea being floated around though who knows maybe it's not weird speculation there's gotta be a reason we're all fucking naturally terrified of snakes am I right? like they're clearly terrible and dangerous. Got that idea from the hissing, right? Well nobody saw any animal or snake tracks or anything in the area around the theater, or at least that's what I'd tell you if I ever listened to the drunk cops talk which I totally don't." Figgy winks, and takes a sip from the glass in her hand.
"Can I get you guys something to drink, by the way?"

What do you do?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Aaaaand we're back! Hopefully you're all still interested in this little RPG.

I'm thinking I want to change the expectations for this game a bit: I'm going to post an update three times a week: M/W/F. Whoever posts in between can "move" all the characters, if they're together, or just do something specific to your character. You can always cover for each other, or choose to do nothing for a couple updates. But if nobody posts between two of my updates... well let's just say you usually don't want that to happen ;) :P

Hopefully this can keep the story moving and also relieve some of the pressure of each of you having to post every time!

I also notice brass seems to have siteflaked but I'll give him a week or so to notice this is back on before I look for a rep.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”