Game of Thrones

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4576 (isolation #0) » Tue May 07, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Krazy »

I read the leaked spoilers. I can't believe Varys turns into Supergirl and 1v1s Drogon, but now I'm really looking forward to that scene.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4605 (isolation #1) » Sun May 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

I hit 9 "what" remarks before I stopped saying it and just felt sick
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4606 (isolation #2) » Sun May 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Post by Krazy »

all other things aside, Qyburn's death is the best thing in this entire series
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4609 (isolation #3) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Post by Krazy »

Varys's failed assassination attempt in season 1 is what leads drogo to supporting an invasion back in season 1.... while he was also secretly supporting viserys... Some of his choices are also ??? Throughout the series
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4620 (isolation #4) » Mon May 13, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Krazy »

I mean there were wildfire explosions throughout the city... was the implication there that Cersei was planning to destroy the city anyway but wanted Dany's army inside while it was happening?

There are just random explosions of green all throughout the smoldering city. Arguably, Dany simply called Cersei's bluff, and the city was dead before the fight even started.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4622 (isolation #5) » Mon May 13, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Krazy »

Where's that from?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4624 (isolation #6) » Mon May 13, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Krazy »

Oh yeah I mean Dany chose to take the city. I'm just saying there's no way she could have taken the city and kept the people alive. The city was going up one way or the other, Dany just did it without also losing her army in the process. But yes, the only way to keep the city alive was to not take it, which didn't jive with her character arc.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4627 (isolation #7) » Mon May 13, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Krazy »

Did anyone NOT get the biblical reference?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4639 (isolation #8) » Mon May 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by Krazy »

That's a pretty fair critique. I thought when they were describing this season I thought they said each episode was going to be 90 minutes. Instead most episodes are about 70 minutes. The 10 minutes of filler/talk at the end of episodes pads out the length so that the actual amount of screen time makes this season feel like approximately 8 episodes rather than 10 episodes, when compared to previous seasons.

The bigger issue is that the plot here is so lopsided. The excitement throughout so much of Game of Thrones as a series was seeing the interesting developments on both sides of a struggle. In this season, there's just... not a lot of interesting conflict for Cersei's side. So almost all of the conflict is framed as a competition for screen time on the Dany side.

Ultimately this season way more than any other season is totally dependent on the previous seasons for the momentum and force of the conflict. Which can sometimes happen, but wasn't how things felt in 2, for example, with Stannis being such a driving force.

Still though, I don't see how a narrative where Dany becomes a benevolent monarch was at all possible when all of her experiments in governance in the East were all such complete failures.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4642 (isolation #9) » Mon May 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4640, Auro wrote:Ruling in the east involved destroying and replacing existing systems like slavery which is difficult, especially when a "practical" solution like transitioning would go against her ideals.

She wouldn't face the same problems in Westeros.
What ideals? Her ideals have always been "if people don't do what I say set them on fire"
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4651 (isolation #10) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 4650, Zulfy wrote:
In post 4639, Krazy wrote:Still though, I don't see how a narrative where Dany becomes a benevolent monarch was at all possible when all of her experiments in governance in the East were all such complete failures.
Her governance in Dragon's Bay was so successful that the slavers had to attack the city to stop people from seeing the successes of abolitionism.

In the end it was "Oh shit she's too sympathetic, let's make her kick the dog real hard and that'll be the end of that."
yeah I'm talking about after she leaves. in the books at least its clear that it reverts back to slavery basically 20 minutes after she leaves
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4665 (isolation #11) » Sun May 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Krazy »

Wow who would have thought Edmure Tully would end up being King?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4677 (isolation #12) » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 4676, AniX wrote:It wasn't even a bad episode. It just...had a lot of handwave stuff where they just want you to go with it.
This episode had "we really want this ending to be at least kinda unexpected and we don't want to make it seem like the series isn't over so all the massive conflicts that would definitely emerge from this we're gonna kinda ignore so that the show seems like bran's rule won't be 30 seconds long"
vote conspiracy

Return to “General Discussion”