iOS vs Android

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 0, Allomancer wrote:I am also concerned about the security flaws of Android.
Have an anti-malware app on your phone. Lookout is a popular one. After that, understand the permissions that each app requests from your phone before you install it. Does that flashlight app really need access to your SMS history? Common sense for security on a typical Windows computer would also apply to an Android phone. I assert that there aren't "security flaws" on Android so much as you have significantly more control over what you do on your device than you've had on iOS, and that can make it easier for things to go wrong if you don't take basic precautions.

I would also second not letting the Facebook apps anywhere near your device.

As soon as you get your phone, enable password lock and encryption. If you get Lookout, then there are some additional security features, including taking a photo of whomever attempts to unlock your device after a certain number of unsuccessful password entries.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 16, Ircher wrote:I'm not sure why tbh; iOS just feel a lot higher quality than Android.
Apple puts a considerable amount of money into user interface and making it feel sleek, polished, and faster. This is much easier when their software can be used only on their hardware. There's a blog explaining some examples using macOS here, but the principles will be similar for iOS.

Return to “General Discussion”