Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

It is I! The great Mary. I know you have all been waiting for my entrance none to fear I'm finally here to help you sheep along the way.
In post 5, Skygazer wrote:i think we should ignore the party mechanic and treat this like a good ol mountainous game
You thought this opening was 'scummy?' as you put it Sky? HA!I've seen much worse in my mafia days. But perhaps you should've waited for a few more people to post before commenting on it. If you were wanting reactions like I assume you were going for that's a bit bland don't ya think.

If we talk about who should go into what party so early it's just annoying noise. So! I say we just ignore it for now and focus on something more interesting like early reads~

I think Sky is town with Schiavetto being scummy~
My life is mine! I won't hand it over to anyone!
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

Is it because I'm the better list mod? I bet that's why. Don't worry PP you can always be in my shadow~
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

Listen if I invited you to the party you would've just made a fool of yourself. I think I did you a favor
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Wed May 22, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

What about putting no one into the party for day 1 and we try to play day 1 normally and go about it after we get a flip? That way we have much more information to work with
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Wed May 22, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

Good one!
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Wed May 22, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

I don't plan on reading you regardless if people follow my plan or not.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Thu May 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

VOTE: Fuscosco
So am I!
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #7) » Fri May 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

HK is such a boring lynch you losers. It gives us barely any information. Their posts aren't even that bad!
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Sat May 25, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 163, Michael Scott wrote:Heavy disagreement that HK is a bad lynch because 'no information' - at least one of their heads has been active elsewhere on site; and their only existing posts have no content of importance. Disliking Mary because of both her Fusco vote and also attempt to divert from Hell Knight. I think they deserve a prod by now, though.
Because active on site elsewhere is no reason to scumread a slot. In fact, it's quite stupid. Not that I expect anything less from all of you. People can have many reasons for not wanting to post in a game. Trying to paint it right away as it's scum not posting is really bad. Yes, the HK lynch was bad before. It got to 5 votes on 3 posts that weren't even bad at all. It also wouldn't have given information compared to other slots.
HEAL: no one
This is still the best plan until we get a flip. We can easily catch mafia using this alone, but we need something to work with first. I don't think sending people in is the correct play. The fact I need to remind you people of this.
In post 164, Yumeko Jabami wrote:Wow you're lame! Why do you have to be such a debbie downer! It's supposed to be a party! Just go with the flow! Just kill him already!
I didn't know you were one for safe lynches Yumeko. What happened to going for gambles? Meh, guess you were just hot air.
In post 169, Hell Knight wrote:Leaning RC town, leaning volxen/auro scum
I like these reads!
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #9) » Sat May 25, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

4 town exactly is auto win yes, but if that's really the strat people are going for the fact you're trying to do that on day 1 is laughable to me! If you wanted to put maybe one townread in? Okay sure I would understand that logic, but all 4? No no. That's just scummy and bad.
VOTE: Michael Scott
If this flips scum like I assume it will I'm pretty sure the other people in his list are town. It reads to me like this guy just wants to sneak his way into the 'auto win' strat. As mafia
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #10) » Sat May 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 172, Michael Scott wrote:Were these posts from the same head? (Please sign)
Talk to me about your concerns about my slot, and explain how RC's town, please?
Same @Mary for liking said reads.
I don't feel like going into detail on the RC one. I feel like I've said why you're scummy already.
In post 172, Michael Scott wrote:My goal is to build townreads and convince town on my townreads. Their lack of activity is a good reason to lynch them in absence of any scumreads of merit.
Wrong wrong and more wrong~ This is basic mafia 101 thinking. Considering you're not a new player that makes me question you. Lack of activity is good to do 1 of 2 things 1: Wait for them to post content 2: Replace them. Just because they have 3 posts doesn't mean they wouldn't come back. Plus it's almost never a good idea to lynch them so early. Along with the fact it's an easy lynch for mafia. You just say 'he's a lurker' and bam!
In post 172, Michael Scott wrote:This post not only shows your opportunism, but also your lack of attention. I've literally stated I want to send 1-2 consensus townreads a day, and am willing to send in a subset of my townreads. Furthermore, my "list" contained 2 people apart from myself.
Ahahaha you're cute! No no, I'm reading along fine. I don't really care if you want 'these town reads in' or how many people you want in. The stances you're taking are very obvious to me as a mafia trying to get in good and play in a LAMIST style.
In post 172, Michael Scott wrote:No, a probable town mislynch today will not help you "easily catch mafia"
I was talking about the party mech. Not a mislynch makes it easier to catch mafia. Good job trying to put words in mouth you're not good at this.
In post 172, Michael Scott wrote:it's dumb play to ignore the mechanic even if just for today. You're acting like everyone's unreadable - why can't dayplay be what we need to work with?
Did I say everyone is unreadable? No.
Why is it dumb to ignore it for today? We can only send people in we can't just take people out. So if we're wrong and want to relook we cant. We should be careful with this house vote so I say wait a dayphase.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #11) » Sat May 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 173, Yumeko Jabami wrote:Mary Saotome is looking scummier and scummier with every post - would lynch
I can use buzz words that have no meaning to call someone scum too Yumeko! Why don't you start explaining. It's ironic that when you finally make a read it's the one time you don't wall post~
In post 175, The Renais Twins wrote:HEAL: TRT
HEAL: Mary Saotome

i'm pocketing u btw.
Awww are you trying to win my favor?
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #12) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 179, The Renais Twins wrote:I either townread you or am willing to give you a free townread because you called me town.
Awwww adorable. Fine fine.
In post 195, Michael Scott wrote:This is disingenuous.

You said it's fine if you want to send a townread in but wanting to send all 4 today is scummy, and claimed that I said that. I rebutted that I *never* said I want to send 4 townreads today, and I actually only planned to send 1-2.

And your response here is a blanket "I don't care what you say, obvious scum Lamist LOL", not a re-evaluation. It's funny you accuse Yumeko of using buzzwords.

Does my content feel different from my posts in Excalibur, which you and I were in?

VOTE: Mary Saotome
The thing I find scummy is you trying to send yourself and the way you’re setting yourself up. My ‘blanket statement’ calling you scum is because I feel like I’ve made it very clear why I was scumreading you before, clearly I wasn’t. If the goal, was to do the 4 ‘this is town’ strat and kill everyone else. Like I think you were trying to do and put yourself in that 4. I feel that’s a very scummy thing to do and I scumread you for it.
I assume this is Auro speaking? I’m not basing a read on you via meta from one game when people from that game said you can post the exact same as scum. So this is fully based on the content you’re posting right now.
In post 211, Kirari Momobami wrote:170 from Mary presents two problems. First, I believe there is the chance she attributed things I said to things Yumeko said in her mind. Or at least, Yumeko has the thing about gambling in her sig, but I don't think she really said she wanted the lynch to be a gamble.
Do you have a reading problem president? Allow me to be nice and clear it up for you. I was talking about gambles because it’s the main theme of our show. I believe HK was a safe and easy lynch to push at the time (and it still somewhat is) do you disagree? So I was pushing our friend to gamble a little~
In post 211, Kirari Momobami wrote:If town, I think Mary's head is not in the game. But this is the type of issue I think I see from scum more often. Moreover, I feel somewhat like Mary is approaching Yumeko from a different perspective than she is approaching me
What makes you think I’m lost in the clouds~ I’m viewing every slot the same way believe it or not (well besides RC)
In post 211, Kirari Momobami wrote:The second part is that the strategy regarding heals feels like rubbish but that's not as big of a problem for me at present as the first bit.
Why is my plan bad? Simply dismissing me is quite rude you know.
In post 212, Michael Scott wrote:My major concern with Mary is her dishonest read on my slot, which I've talked about earlier and her empty doubling down when I called her out.
None of this happened~ I don’t even believe you’re fully trying to read my slot more so as paint a giant target. But go on I’ll show examples soon.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #13) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 213, Michael Scott wrote:@Mary: So let me get this straight. Fus is inactive/prodges, and you immediately jump on him after a wagon starts forming against him. But when a wagon starts forming against HK for basically the exact same reason, you suddenly step in to call the wagon "bad" in post 162 and try to divert attention elsewhere.
Hmmmm you’re partly correct but let me shed some light on the situation for you. I voted Fus because he was actively here and not doing much. It wasn’t even a scumread to me. It was more me wanting him to A) Interact with me or B) do something of value. The HK wagon was reaching 5 votes and people wanted to lynch him. Unless someone else wants to say the vote on HK was pressure to? No? I didn’t think so. So no, the reasons weren’t the same.
In post 213, Michael Scott wrote:You haven't even made a strong case for town!HK, you simply argued that HK would be bad a bad lynch because it would not be an "informative" lynch. But at the time that you voted for Fus in post 96, he only had a total of 4 posts (21, 92, 94, and 95) and you were clearly down to lynch him.
Now this is just wrong. I did not want to lynch Fus and I was not townreading HK. The posts HK made weren’t towny, but they weren’t bad enough to warrant the number of votes his wagon got. That clear it up for ya?
In post 213, Michael Scott wrote:At the time that you voted for Fus he would have been no more of an "informative" lynch than HK would have been. So you being in favor of a Fus lynch but against a HK lynch doesn't even make sense, considering they were both initially wagoned for the same reason. The difference being that Fus has since posted a lot after initially being inactive/prodging, whereas Baezu still has yet to post much in this game AND she is actively posting elsewhere on site.
Good thing I didn’t want to lynch fus then. You also summed it up pretty well on why I voted fus in the first place. I will say once again posting else where on site is NAI.
In post 213, Michael Scott wrote:Arguing against a wagon/lynch purely on the grounds that it is "uninformative" is a bad argument, because scum do in fact lurk. No, it's not only scum that lurk or even commit the Ellitell (post a lot more in other ongoing games compared to the current game at hand), but I think even you would agree that these are not good reasons to actually townread someone. But if you are going to make this kind of argument you should at least be consistent about it, which you weren't since you thought Fus would be a good lynch.
Strange do you see somewhere in my iso where I said I’d lynch Fus? Or that he’d be a good lynch? I sure don’t. If you can point it out to me that’d be lovely. Scum do lurk you’re correct. But this isn’t a normal vanilla game. This is a game where the correct play with the party can outright win us the game and as you can see I’ve made it very clear I want a good information/maybe scum lynch day 1 and healing no one. So I don’t see why you’re questioning me on that. I feel I’ve been pretty consistent!

Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #14) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 222, The Renais Twins wrote:if you all think that mary is scum then fine, let's treat this like the 'dog house' strategy and put the three of us in the dog house and then just lynch one of the lurkers

this is the opposite of a setup where deepwolf hunting is a priority, just kill an unreadable slot and go on from there.
This isn't even a good plan unless the lurker slot flips scum. We're basically throwing a ML and giving scum a free NK.
In post 226, Inbred Lannisters wrote:"omg you want to send all 4 to the party today wow you're mafia trying to inject yourself hurr", which I pointed out was false, which was responded with "I don't care what you say, you're Mafia lamist lol".
Wow are we reading dif games because we're certainly remembering things differently
In post 233, Kirari Momobami wrote:The biggest gamble of all... is letting Ephraim have his way. Sometimes he falls into traps... We should never forget what happened before Fort Rigwald.

Nonetheless I'm actually fine with this send of house pets, and today I think I am warming up to the House Pet policy. Even though I don't think even with lynching schiavetto we will have all three scum as pets or dead, this will still probably give us the best conditions for day 2.

VOTE: schiavetto

HEAL: PP, TRT, Mary
I would love to hear why you think this is even close to helpful cause I'm not seeing it.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #15) » Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

I know we only have a day but I'll be around tomorrow
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #16) » Tue May 28, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 447, Titus wrote:
In post 446, Mary Saotome wrote:I know we only have a day but I'll be around tomorrow
Well you damn well better respond to my theory because if you don't tomorrow, I'm charging Thursday.

I won't be here tomorrow.
What one friend?
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #17) » Tue May 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

Random party kinda throws the whole idea out the window and ruins the chance to see who wanted who in the party because we all did 'random' It's kinda the same thing with doing 'no one' but worse.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #18) » Tue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 456, Titus wrote:Like how the fuck could you not know that
Oi oi oi I haven't read much I'm busy! My hug pal certainly is grumpy eh.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #19) » Wed May 29, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Mary Saotome »

VOTE: Yumeko

Return to “Completed Open Games”