micro 871: mystery box of silver 4 (G O)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue May 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by apthet »

Hi everyone!
VOTE: Porkens
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue May 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Post by apthet »

VOTE: Parachutes
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Wed May 22, 2019 4:37 am

Post by apthet »

I mainly just didn't want to vote Porkens anymore.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Wed May 22, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 25, Parachutes wrote:@apthet are you town reading porkens, or was there another reason why you no longer wanted your vote there?
Compared to everyone else, I thought Porkens is a bit more likely to be town because of his brazenly empty posts, but I haven't checked his meta or anything.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Thu May 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by apthet »

Most of this playerlist is largely unrecognizable to me, which makes it a little harder to separate who said what in my head. But hopefully that goes away with time.
In post 37, CheekyTeeky wrote:Maybe.
Very minor thing I'm reading into: I think this post comes from a place of discomfort.
In post 62, Chito and Nuko wrote:This extended RVS joke sits uncomfortably with me.
Nice catch! Looking at it, I agree.
In post 68, LuckyOtter wrote:
In post 60, CheekyTeeky wrote:Do I get raisons?
Just looks like you're trying too hard to look like town. Your last question/comment to Gemini is really not accomplishing anything.
I'm curious, was there a reason you decided not to mention this alongside your naked vote?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Thu May 23, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 94, CheekyTeeky wrote:You're surface level scum hunting.
Could you explain this?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #6) » Fri May 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by apthet »

Happy one year anniversary, LuckyOtter!
In post 103, CheekyTeeky wrote:You see me say maybe I'm town and you take it literally. Like what do I achieve as scum there? It's more likely I'm attempting to troll the troll which is NAI.
That's not quite my idea. I think it's a more psychological thing. Deflecting by way of a joke. Like I said, it's minor. (I also think that your responses seem town here.)

My interpretation of tris's repeating of Porkens being mafia is that in my opinion, scum tends to minimize their sphere of interaction. They want to stick with the people they're comfortable talking about and they don't have paranoia motivating them to branch out. And having an early game single focus I think fits in that model. I mean of course it could just be trolling like you say (in the sense that every action can be interpreted two ways) but I think it's enough to warrant pointing it out.
In post 107, Chito and Nuko wrote:Tris making critical thinking here

Tris may be town
Is this a meta thing?
In post 109, LuckyOtter wrote:Because in my mind it was fairly obvious given the preceding posts. I'm curious, is there a reason for this question?
Yeah. The last game I played, I made a naked vote and someone asked me why, and I went into my reasons, and then they started scumreading me for not giving the reasons immediately. I think that logic is terrible but I thought I'd ask you the question and see how you answered it anyway. Now that I did, I don't think it really helped me at all.

I also went back and looked at Gemini's posts because I thought that townreading LuckyOtter and tris and disagreeing with a townread on Porkens on her part was a particularly disagreeable opinion. I thought this post was pretty bad:
In post 67, GeminiTwin12 wrote:True enough, you have a point.

Avoid attention from what? I'm not joining a wagon just to join one. Someone has to be giving me scummy vibes for me to.
I could also see it coming from a more "reactive" kind of town player but we'll see.
VOTE: GeminiTwin
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #7) » Fri May 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by apthet »

Why is everyone saying things like that? It's 6 pages in. It's basically always gonna be reaching.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 137, LuckyOtter wrote:You say that Gemini's post was "pretty bad," (why?) but then immediately hedge this by saying it could be a reactive town. Then you pretty well admit you're reaching in 129. This doesn't sit well--shows a lack of conviction.
I don't like this at all. I'm engaging with Gemini to further explore the read. I'm at the starting line right now. I feel like I'm nowhere near having a conviction.
In post 143, tris wrote:
In post 126, apthet wrote: I also went back and looked at Gemini's posts because I thought that townreading LuckyOtter and tris and disagreeing with a townread on Porkens on her part was a particularly disagreeable opinion.
What's disagreeable about that?
I just mean that I don't share those reads.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #9) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 158, Chito and Nuko wrote:the hedging was scummy
In post 158, Chito and Nuko wrote:while I easily see scum making such a post, I can also see it coming from town
In post 158, Chito and Nuko wrote:To be fair, I did see Gemini's post as textbook scummy, while having seen many town with such an attitude leaves me unsure on my Gemini read
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #10) » Mon May 27, 2019 6:47 am

Post by apthet »

In post 172, LuckyOtter wrote:@apthet: but why did you think Gemini's was "pretty bad"? And,
are
you actually engaging with Gemini to explore the read? I don't see any engagement. I see:

a. "This post is pretty bad: [quote's post]"
b. "It could also come from town, tho"
c. Votes Gemini
d. No further questions for or interaction with Gemini.
Haven't had time / any good thoughts to say yet. Basically checking in to answer questions. Pretty busy until Wednesday.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #11) » Mon May 27, 2019 6:48 am

Post by apthet »

In post 178, GeminiTwin12 wrote:@apthet since you disagree, What about porkens postings so far makes you believe they could be town, I'm not feeling anything from them yet.
Check out my ISO -- the point about his early reads is basically the only thing.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #12) » Wed May 29, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by apthet »

Hello, I'm here (like I said earlier, life's been all over the place).
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #13) » Wed May 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 256, CheekyTeeky wrote:You seem to be bleeding town for a newer player. But 13 is not really newish. Do you think the people pushing you are scummy?
For some reason, this is what made me think that Cheeky was town. I think that maybe the reason it clicked for me is that I don't often see scum thinking outside the scope of the game? But I don't actually know why I think this. Would appreciate other perspectives.
In post 272, GeminiTwin12 wrote:Just a vanilla townie, it'll show when I'm hammered.

I'd obviously look into the people that were on my wagon. Good luck town, you're probably going to need it.
...tentatively a town post?
In post 274, nomnomnom wrote:Still no reads? Just saying people pushing you are scum?

Christ.
I don't know... do you see scum doing stuff like this often?
In post 279, CheekyTeeky wrote:UNVOTE:
I'm curious what your thought process is here.
Also,
UNVOTE:
In post 301, nomnomnom wrote:You probably should avoid asinine questions like these and actually follow your words
nomnomnom is insanely combative. Is this normal?
In post 324, Porkens wrote:
In post 302, CheekyTeeky wrote:Follow my words? I'm pretty sure your line of questioning has been rubbish from your entrance. Porkens seems to be the only one responding to you which is...interesting.

Here it is. I f7654ing knew it.

VOTE: cheekyteeky
I have no idea what this is about but it seems like a very very town post.
Anyway, intermission to prevent length from getting out of hand.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #14) » Wed May 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 343, Parachutes wrote:@gemini what's your impression of this interaction between nom and CT? Is it more likely svs, svt, or tvt? or am I a fool for thinking it is alignment-indicative? With reasons for your intuition, if you can.
Not that my name is Gemini, but my interpretation of this is that you think it's svs?
In post 360, GeminiTwin12 wrote:Overconfidence usually tends towards town traits
It's not really relevant, but I disagree completely.
In post 421, Parachutes wrote:these seem to me like the most ai posts in his iso, and they look townie to me? Why are we running up apthet?
Her! :)
In post 433, nomnomnom wrote:In general this is a pretty self-centered player, mostly posting whenever someone talks to her.
*fans self arrogantly*
In post 445, LuckyOtter wrote:I don't find C very likely. I don't think scum abandons a nice wagon like that (Gemini was looking like an easy lynch) to try to pull a townie back in the game.
Personally, I think you're overestimating the initiative of some (most, even) scumteams. I think trying to get information out of the pace of early wagons isn't necessarily useful. I might go as far as to say that I don't like this post wholesale, but it's really hard to sort someone who is as information heavy as you and really easy just to place you as "obvious town" as most people's instincts would dictate. But yeah, I think this is analysis that is gone about in a weird way and isn't really something I can place much weight in. I guess at the end of the day it is... significantly more likely that you're town I think.

I could definitely see Gemini + Parachutes + Cheeky all being town. So I guess at the end of the day we're kind of roughly at the same conclusion. Although I feel like I'm far less certain.
In post 462, CheekyTeeky wrote:Gemini - Nom started the ap wagon by suggesting it. I believe that was to draw votes away from nom more than any other player.
Did you join knowing this, or is this a conclusion you came to now?
In post 463, CheekyTeeky wrote:Actually I remember seeing something that makes nom likely town.
VOTE: Porkens
Town post.

Great, so it seems like the replacement comes in with a bloodlust for me so I think I'm going to take another break from the game. See you in... 24 hours maybe. Or maybe I'll be dead by then!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #15) » Fri May 31, 2019 10:38 am

Post by apthet »

In post 530, Parachutes wrote:
In post 525, apthet wrote:Her!
Apologies. I corrected that error in a later post about you

-urap
<3

As for Otter's question about where my null and scumreads are in light of my townreads:

With the current information that I'm working with... I don't know. I'll make a real post at some point in the near future maybe. If I had any solid scumreads I'd be focusing there. I might get enough comfortable townreads at some point where the remaining pool is really narrow. Like I'm a lot more comfortable with Cheeky as well. mastina seems town and that's ridiculously annoying. I think the people I don't have reasons to townread are both hydras and maybe Otter, who I'm more ??? on.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #16) » Fri May 31, 2019 10:41 am

Post by apthet »

If I had to pick someone to vote I would pick Chito and Nuko but I need to reread their posts.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #17) » Fri May 31, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 682, mastina wrote:Case and point for why apthet's scum.

I can think of no less than three reasons why this is a scum post.
:cool: I like to live on the edge, I guess.
In post 686, schadd_ wrote:does it count as bastard if i edit your post so that youre saying nice things abt yourself
Could you also edit her posts so that she's saying nice things about me, too?
In post 694, GeminiTwin12 wrote: What pinged you,- assuming since you're willing to vote them - enough about them to pick them?
It's not even that, it's mainly that I have concrete reasons to think that Otter and Parachutes could be town. I'll go more into detail, like I said, at some point.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #18) » Fri May 31, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by apthet »

See 670.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #19) » Fri May 31, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by apthet »

Both
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by apthet »

nomnomnom
Cheeky
mastina
Porkens
LuckyOtter
Gemini
Parachutes
Chito and Nuko

Look, I've put Gemini in the position that most makes it look like we're partners. You're welcome for the freebie. Just throw me to the dogs already.

It feels like C&N has been worse this page but I'm not sure if I can even psychologically be objective in that regard especially since I don't have anything concrete other than "oh he's just weakly taking shots at me."

LuckyOtter has been townier, I like the 705 leading up to 708 as a town train of thought.

Realistically I could very well be wrong somewhere in my "seems very confidently town" group, which is Cheeky, nom, Porkens, and mastina (also the group that a lot of people seem to agree mostly on). Porkens is the bottom because I think he has the best chance of that.

Parachutes asking for a townbloc actually seems pretty towny in a way I can't ignore. I don't know. Porkens and Nuko? Nothing seems right.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by apthet »

Can someone point me to Nuko's towniest post?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by apthet »

Okay.

So I said "LuckyOtter, Parachutes, and C&N are at the bottom of my list", right?
Then Gemini said "why would you vote C&N specifically out of those three?"
And I explained "because I have seen towny posts from LuckyOtter and Parachutes."
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:00 am

Post by apthet »

In post 719, GeminiTwin12 wrote:Apthet you do realize that if you are town, you'd know damn well that we aren't partners and regardless of you wanting out, you're feeding into the claims that we are, which is - to be frank here, fucked up and now I'm irritated because it'll still be those who'll actually use this as further "proof"
It was meant to be a joke so chalk it up to my incompetence instead of me being a horrible person please.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:47 pm

Post by apthet »

sorry for being shit, everyone
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:28 am

Post by apthet »

If you lynch me, at least give me a decent crack at solving before you do it. Sorry again.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:23 am

Post by apthet »

If im going to get fuxking crucified for wvery single post i make then im done. Kill me.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:26 am

Post by apthet »

Gemini nuko maybe
final guess
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:58 am

Post by apthet »

Congrats nomnomnom, and sorry I got so upset. Mastina made this game pretty hard to read for me.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 am

Post by apthet »

Sure.
sometimes i want to rest

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”