Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 200, Fuscosco wrote:OFF

VOTE: titus
Fusco why oof? I wanna know your take on this.
Talk to me about how Mary has towncred?
What's your read on me/Yumeko/Kirari?

-Jimothy
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

Titus is a noplay here.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

Titus has the time to play, she chooses not to. Hell knight at least gave a read or two.
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Fuscosco »

Titus' one true flaw is to fail to achieve legendary status; she lacks that mystique. she continues to need to prove herself; no?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 204, Fuscosco wrote:Titus' one true flaw is to fail to achieve legendary status; she lacks that mystique. she continues to need to prove herself; no?
Lol Haha I am a motherfucking legend. Just not on d1.

My strategy and VCA are the shit.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Kirari Momobami »

@mod prod status on schiavetto and replacement status on bittersweet?
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 176, The Renais Twins wrote:HEAL: TRT, Mary Saotome, PP
This heal (two hard-to-read players, one objectively scummy) is bad and scummy.
Also note that a single vote on a heal gives it a chance at being selected in this setup; we need to collectively co-operate and agree to either vote the majority heal, or not at all to ensure the consensus goes through.
In post 198, Michael Scott wrote:Titus, I think sending half the people on D1 is a bad idea, given that if we have 4 town in the Party it's auto (as long as we lynch outside it).
Titus, why don't you have a response to this? What are the benefits of this school of thought as opposed to sequestering away consensus townreads and not lynching from the party? Who do you want to lynch, and what are your reads?

Pedit: Kirari, let's talk reads?

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 169, Hell Knight wrote:Leaning RC town, leaning volxen/auro scum
Why are you scumreading us, Baezu?

- Date Mike
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:10 pm

You have permission to speak, Jimothy.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 209, Kirari Momobami wrote:You have permission to speak, Jimothy.
I've spoken my part. Do you agree with me on: Townreading Fusco, Scumreading Maria, Scumreading TRT's heal, General strategy?
What's your read on me?

-Jimothy
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:35 pm

Come now, Jimothy. We are playing with Mary Saotome. Let's keep imposters out of this discussion.

170 from Mary presents two problems. First, I believe there is the chance she attributed things I said to things Yumeko said in her mind. Or at least, Yumeko has the thing about gambling in her sig, but I don't think she really said she wanted the lynch to be a gamble. I've been trying to reread the iso of both players to get a better sense of what exactly is going on in Mary's mind, but that was a very distinctive type of red flag for me. If town, I think Mary's head is not in the game. But this is the type of issue I think I see from scum more often. Moreover, I feel somewhat like Mary is approaching Yumeko from a different perspective than she is approaching me, which is probably due to existing meta between the two players but makes me feel like there could also be a strategic point between their interactions that does not reflect an uninformed status toward the entire list. The second part is that the strategy regarding heals feels like rubbish but that's not as big of a problem for me at present as the first bit.

Simply put, I agree that Mary Saotome feels a bit off to me. That does not make her the best scumread, but it does mean she's relatively low in my pool compared to where I'd like her to be for meme reasons.

In terms of how this relates to strategy, I have been thinking about that. Either Mary is scum or risks becoming mislynchbait. In which case, perhaps we should instead of sending the active people, which was my inclination before and still actually my current preference (since I think that is the most amusing strategy), another option would be to make those sent to the party the House Pets. In this scenario, we would send three--exactly three--to the house party, and these would be the town's 3 collective lowest reads outside the day's decided lynch. Thus when there is a kill within the main pool of players, this would ensure that we know that there is a scum outside of the lowest three that we could focus on first.

But I am not at present so confident in my sense that 'Mary is off' that I would say I really want to go with that plan and make her a house pet. But that is something that crossed my mind. One of the infinite possibilities in how we could approach this setup. One of the ways in which we could choose to weigh the odds.

Fusco is no longer a bit scumread for me but I still am bothered that his activity picked up so much after a minor push.

As for TRT... have you said what needs to be said there? I'm looking through your iso and not totally sure I know what you mean about that slot. If it's just 176... I'd like to hear a bit more about what you think of the slot other than that one heal.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I need to read up more Kakegurui plot. :P

My major concern with Mary is her dishonest read on my slot, which I've talked about earlier and her empty doubling down when I called her out. Do you think that comes from a town perspective?

Being active is a pre-requisite of sorts in my proposed approach - to be widely townread, you need to be active for that anyway.

I don't think Fusc's erratic activity is a concern to be honest in context of this gamestate, but his posts themselves are quite towny (I've discussed this further earlier), I think you should be townreading him too.

In regards to TRT, I personally will not be stating reads on that slot, as a result of prior experiences. I will point out instances of scummy/towny behavior, but my partner will deal with the read overall.

And how about your read on me?

-Jimothy
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 92, Fuscosco wrote:poke
In post 93, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Fuscosco

I'm good lynching this.
In post 94, Fuscosco wrote:poooke
In post 95, Fuscosco wrote:Im good scumreading that
In post 96, Mary Saotome wrote:VOTE: Fuscosco
So am I!
In post 162, Mary Saotome wrote:HK is such a boring lynch you losers. It gives us barely any information. Their posts aren't even that bad!
In post 170, Mary Saotome wrote:
In post 163, Michael Scott wrote:Heavy disagreement that HK is a bad lynch because 'no information' - at least one of their heads has been active elsewhere on site; and their only existing posts have no content of importance. Disliking Mary because of both her Fusco vote and also attempt to divert from Hell Knight. I think they deserve a prod by now, though.
Because active on site elsewhere is no reason to scumread a slot. In fact, it's quite stupid. Not that I expect anything less from all of you. People can have many reasons for not wanting to post in a game. Trying to paint it right away as it's scum not posting is really bad. Yes, the HK lynch was bad before. It got to 5 votes on 3 posts that weren't even bad at all. It also wouldn't have given information compared to other slots.
HEAL: no one
This is still the best plan until we get a flip. We can easily catch mafia using this alone, but we need something to work with first. I don't think sending people in is the correct play. The fact I need to remind you people of this.
In post 164, Yumeko Jabami wrote:Wow you're lame! Why do you have to be such a debbie downer! It's supposed to be a party! Just go with the flow! Just kill him already!
I didn't know you were one for safe lynches Yumeko. What happened to going for gambles? Meh, guess you were just hot air.
I like these reads!
In post 171, Mary Saotome wrote:4 town exactly is auto win yes, but if that's really the strat people are going for the fact you're trying to do that on day 1 is laughable to me! If you wanted to put maybe one townread in? Okay sure I would understand that logic, but all 4? No no. That's just scummy and bad.
VOTE: Michael Scott
If this flips scum like I assume it will I'm pretty sure the other people in his list are town. It reads to me like this guy just wants to sneak his way into the 'auto win' strat. As mafia
@Mary: So let me get this straight. Fus is inactive/prodges, and you immediately jump on him after a wagon starts forming against him. But when a wagon starts forming against HK
for basically the exact same reason
, you suddenly step in to call the wagon "bad" in post and try to divert attention elsewhere. You haven't even made a strong case for town!HK, you simply argued that HK would be bad a bad lynch because it would not be an "informative" lynch. But at the time that you voted for Fus in post , he only had a total of 4 posts (, , , and ) and you were clearly down to lynch him. At the time that you voted for Fus he would have been no more of an "informative" lynch than HK would have been. So you being in favor of a Fus lynch but against a HK lynch doesn't even make sense, considering they were both initially wagoned for the same reason. The difference being that Fus has since posted a lot after initially being inactive/prodging, whereas Baezu still has yet to post much in this game
AND
she is actively posting elsewhere on site.

Arguing against a wagon/lynch purely on the grounds that it is "uninformative" is a bad argument, because scum do in fact lurk. No, it's not only scum that lurk or even commit the Ellitell (post a lot more in other ongoing games compared to the current game at hand), but I think even you would agree that these are not good reasons to actually townread someone. But if you are going to make this kind of argument you should at least be consistent about it, which you weren't since you thought Fus would be a good lynch.

Also, we never said we wanted to 100% lynch HK because of their lurking. I think I was pretty clear that I wanted to get Baezu's attention because she hasn't been posting much in this game (i.e., my vote for her was a pressure vote), and as Auro/Jimothy has pointed out, she has definitely been actively posting elsewhere on site despite not posting much in this game:
In post 158, Michael Scott wrote:VOTE: HK

Come out and join the party Baezu.

- Date Mike
In post 163, Michael Scott wrote:[Baezu Wagon]
Heavy disagreement that HK is a bad lynch because 'no information' - at least one of their heads has been active elsewhere on site; and their only existing posts have no content of importance. Disliking Mary because of both her Fusco vote and also attempt to divert from Hell Knight. I think they deserve a prod by now, though.
Your assertion that we are trying to push an "easy lurker lynch" is entirely disingenuous.

- Date Mike
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 10:26 pm

I think Date Mike reads like town but you Jimothy seem like someone it'd be pretty easy to scumread as town, and it's your head specifically that Mary seems to be scumreading. I'd like to hear Mary's perspective on Date Mike.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I'm calling her specific reasoning for the scumread on me empty and dishonest. Being easy to scumread makes my accusation stronger. What concerns do you hold? Why do I seem like an easy-to-scumread type?

-Jimothy
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Titus »

In post 207, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 176, The Renais Twins wrote:HEAL: TRT, Mary Saotome, PP
This heal (two hard-to-read players, one objectively scummy) is bad and scummy.
Also note that a single vote on a heal gives it a chance at being selected in this setup; we need to collectively co-operate and agree to either vote the majority heal, or not at all to ensure the consensus goes through.
In post 198, Michael Scott wrote:Titus, I think sending half the people on D1 is a bad idea, given that if we have 4 town in the Party it's auto (as long as we lynch outside it).
Titus, why don't you have a response to this? What are the benefits of this school of thought as opposed to sequestering away consensus townreads and not lynching from the party? Who do you want to lynch, and what are your reads?

Pedit: Kirari, let's talk reads?

-Jimothy
I do. I'm just tired of being ignored while I mention the correct play here.

The odds of having four town in the party aren't high. I'd rather win by winning. By creating two pools, scum must worry about the auto loss condition in two groups. By making the pools random, scum have a remote chance of auto loss anyway.

As for reads, filtering wrong from scum takes time. So I'm slow rolling this. I also want a VC to compare strategy arguments to votes.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Hell Knight
Hell Knight
Townie
Hell Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Hell Knight »

In post 208, Michael Scott wrote:
Why are you scumreading us, Baezu?

- Date Mike
I’m not scum reading you- I’m leaning scum

The way you were playing in the beginning, coating your reads in the guise of the “office” character seemed a bit suspect. I know, it’s the schtick if that avatar, but it can also be a way to hide as scum.
Hell Knight
Hell Knight
Townie
Hell Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Hell Knight »

^baezu
Hell Knight
Hell Knight
Townie
Hell Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 3:41 am

Post by Hell Knight »

Fwiw, you’ve been much more town since
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 5:34 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 217, Hell Knight wrote:The way you were playing in the beginning, coating your reads in the guise of the “office” character seemed a bit suspect. I know, it’s the schtick if that avatar, but it can also be a way to hide as scum.
I mean lol, are you really scumreading shitposting? :P Most Michael Scott games have a healthy dose of The Office shitposting at beginning if you care to check. Which reads seemed '
coated under a guise
'? Can you point to specific posts, because I feel like that isn't a natural conclusion to arrive to?

And if I've been much more town since, why would I still be at 'lean scum'? I'm confused.
Titus wrote:I do. I'm just tired of being ignored while I mention the correct play here.

The odds of having four town in the party aren't high. I'd rather win by winning. By creating two pools, scum must worry about the auto loss condition in two groups. By making the pools random, scum have a remote chance of auto loss anyway.
It's perfectly reasonable for someone who doesn't think it's the correct play to ask you why it is the correct play.
The odds of having four town in the party from
purely random selection
is around 33%. (11C4 / 14C4)
The fact that townreads are easier to form through the days, along with the fact that some slots are well readable would increase these chances.
I don't get the auto-loss condition you're talking about - perhaps I'm dumb, could you please explain how auto-loss would work when you create two pools?

-Jimothy
The Renais Twins
The Renais Twins
Townie
The Renais Twins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 5:50 am

Post by The Renais Twins »

it's not a dishonest read on your slot because you don't like what her read on you is
The Renais Twins
The Renais Twins
Townie
The Renais Twins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 am

Post by The Renais Twins »

if you all think that mary is scum then fine, let's treat this like the 'dog house' strategy and put the three of us in the dog house and then just lynch one of the lurkers

this is the opposite of a setup where deepwolf hunting is a priority, just kill an unreadable slot and go on from there.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 am

Post by schadd_ »

;