Inbred Lannisters (1):
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome (1):
Inbred Lannisters
Titus (1):
Fuscosco

not voting (5):
Titus, Hell Knight, Bittersweet, Schiavetto, Gamma Emerald

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to choose a group. the group phase ends may 28th at 12:20 central US time; in (expired on 2019-05-28 12:20:00)

mod notes
  • inbred lannisters (volxen, auro + nancy drew 39) replaces michael scott
  • prodding bittersweet & schiavetto
  • : use the [ heal ] [ / heal ] tag
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Sun May 26, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

Inbred Lannisters
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Inbred Lannisters »

Nancy joins us :D . She's catching up right now.
In post 221, The Renais Twins wrote:it's not a dishonest read on your slot because you don't like what her read on you is
I don't "like" or "dislike" people's reads on me; it's an objectively dishonest read. One major contributor towards the scumread was "omg you want to send all 4 to the party today wow you're mafia trying to inject yourself hurr", which I pointed out was false, which was responded with "I don't care what you say, you're Mafia lamist lol".

The primary symptom of a (poorly executed ;) ) dishonest read is a lack of re-evaluation on new info. Another minor symptom is throwing out buzzwords without substantiation. Mary exhibits both in her read of me, in an objective level. Ergo the diagnosis of 'dishonesty' is accurate.

What do you think about Titus' proposal? We have 2 days so we should consolidate on what we want to achieve first, so we have time remaining to follow through.

-Joffrey Baratheon (Jimothy)
We are not questioning your logic, we are denying its existence.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:21 am

Post by schadd_ »

duppin replaces gamma emerald !
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

The Renais Twins
The Renais Twins
Townie
The Renais Twins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:28 am

Post by The Renais Twins »

i think calling this game so far mafia is insulting to the game of mafia
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Skygazer »

nancy i think ur scum now respond pls
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
The Renais Twins
The Renais Twins
Townie
The Renais Twins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:44 am

i think that everyone should sheep my house party and then we lynch a 0 poster
The Renais Twins
The Renais Twins
Townie
The Renais Twins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:45 am

VOTE: Schiavetto

their posts are probably the most independently scummy of all the absent slots
Inbred Lannisters
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:51 am

In post 230, The Renais Twins wrote:i think that everyone should sheep my house party and then we lynch a 0 poster
Sure.

HEAL: TRT, PenguinPower, Mary Saotome
VOTE: Schiavetto

-Joffrey
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Kirari Momobami »

The biggest gamble of all... is letting Ephraim have his way. Sometimes he falls into traps... We should never forget what happened before Fort Rigwald.

Nonetheless I'm actually fine with this send of house pets, and today I think I am warming up to the House Pet policy. Even though I don't think even with lynching schiavetto we will have all three scum as pets or dead, this will still probably give us the best conditions for day 2.

VOTE: schiavetto

HEAL: PP, TRT, Mary
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Kirari Momobami »

From here, if schiavetto flips red, tomorrow we lynch one and add another pet, if schiavetto flips green we just lynch and add no pets, etc. etc. until scum are forced to kill among the pets.
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Titus »

In post 220, Michael Scott wrote:It's perfectly reasonable for someone who doesn't think it's the correct play to ask you why it is the correct play.
The odds of having four town in the party from purely random selection is around 33%. (11C4 / 14C4)
The fact that townreads are easier to form through the days, along with the fact that some slots are well readable would increase these chances.
I don't get the auto-loss condition you're talking about - perhaps I'm dumb, could you please explain how auto-loss would work when you create two pools?

Meh I felt like I went over this before.

The whole point people want a pure party is to negate the scumkilling townies. Over time, who is townie can change though.

If the pools are even, then whichever pool scum kill in, they run the risk of getting an unkillable pool.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Fuscosco »

pls remove the twins
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Titus »

For the record, TRT's strategy seems the least stupid out of the options.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Fuscosco
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Fuscosco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Fuscosco »

enh
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Titus »

Enh?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 179, The Renais Twins wrote:I either townread you or am willing to give you a free townread because you called me town.
Awwww adorable. Fine fine.
In post 195, Michael Scott wrote:This is disingenuous.

You said it's fine if you want to send a townread in but wanting to send all 4 today is scummy, and claimed that I said that. I rebutted that I *never* said I want to send 4 townreads today, and I actually only planned to send 1-2.

And your response here is a blanket "I don't care what you say, obvious scum Lamist LOL", not a re-evaluation. It's funny you accuse Yumeko of using buzzwords.

Does my content feel different from my posts in Excalibur, which you and I were in?

VOTE: Mary Saotome
The thing I find scummy is you trying to send yourself and the way you’re setting yourself up. My ‘blanket statement’ calling you scum is because I feel like I’ve made it very clear why I was scumreading you before, clearly I wasn’t. If the goal, was to do the 4 ‘this is town’ strat and kill everyone else. Like I think you were trying to do and put yourself in that 4. I feel that’s a very scummy thing to do and I scumread you for it.
I assume this is Auro speaking? I’m not basing a read on you via meta from one game when people from that game said you can post the exact same as scum. So this is fully based on the content you’re posting right now.
In post 211, Kirari Momobami wrote:170 from Mary presents two problems. First, I believe there is the chance she attributed things I said to things Yumeko said in her mind. Or at least, Yumeko has the thing about gambling in her sig, but I don't think she really said she wanted the lynch to be a gamble.
Do you have a reading problem president? Allow me to be nice and clear it up for you. I was talking about gambles because it’s the main theme of our show. I believe HK was a safe and easy lynch to push at the time (and it still somewhat is) do you disagree? So I was pushing our friend to gamble a little~
In post 211, Kirari Momobami wrote:If town, I think Mary's head is not in the game. But this is the type of issue I think I see from scum more often. Moreover, I feel somewhat like Mary is approaching Yumeko from a different perspective than she is approaching me
What makes you think I’m lost in the clouds~ I’m viewing every slot the same way believe it or not (well besides RC)
In post 211, Kirari Momobami wrote:The second part is that the strategy regarding heals feels like rubbish but that's not as big of a problem for me at present as the first bit.
Why is my plan bad? Simply dismissing me is quite rude you know.
In post 212, Michael Scott wrote:My major concern with Mary is her dishonest read on my slot, which I've talked about earlier and her empty doubling down when I called her out.
None of this happened~ I don’t even believe you’re fully trying to read my slot more so as paint a giant target. But go on I’ll show examples soon.
My life is mine! I won't hand it over to anyone!
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 213, Michael Scott wrote:@Mary: So let me get this straight. Fus is inactive/prodges, and you immediately jump on him after a wagon starts forming against him. But when a wagon starts forming against HK for basically the exact same reason, you suddenly step in to call the wagon "bad" in post 162 and try to divert attention elsewhere.
Hmmmm you’re partly correct but let me shed some light on the situation for you. I voted Fus because he was actively here and not doing much. It wasn’t even a scumread to me. It was more me wanting him to A) Interact with me or B) do something of value. The HK wagon was reaching 5 votes and people wanted to lynch him. Unless someone else wants to say the vote on HK was pressure to? No? I didn’t think so. So no, the reasons weren’t the same.
In post 213, Michael Scott wrote:You haven't even made a strong case for town!HK, you simply argued that HK would be bad a bad lynch because it would not be an "informative" lynch. But at the time that you voted for Fus in post 96, he only had a total of 4 posts (21, 92, 94, and 95) and you were clearly down to lynch him.
Now this is just wrong. I did not want to lynch Fus and I was not townreading HK. The posts HK made weren’t towny, but they weren’t bad enough to warrant the number of votes his wagon got. That clear it up for ya?
In post 213, Michael Scott wrote:At the time that you voted for Fus he would have been no more of an "informative" lynch than HK would have been. So you being in favor of a Fus lynch but against a HK lynch doesn't even make sense, considering they were both initially wagoned for the same reason. The difference being that Fus has since posted a lot after initially being inactive/prodging, whereas Baezu still has yet to post much in this game AND she is actively posting elsewhere on site.
Good thing I didn’t want to lynch fus then. You also summed it up pretty well on why I voted fus in the first place. I will say once again posting else where on site is NAI.
In post 213, Michael Scott wrote:Arguing against a wagon/lynch purely on the grounds that it is "uninformative" is a bad argument, because scum do in fact lurk. No, it's not only scum that lurk or even commit the Ellitell (post a lot more in other ongoing games compared to the current game at hand), but I think even you would agree that these are not good reasons to actually townread someone. But if you are going to make this kind of argument you should at least be consistent about it, which you weren't since you thought Fus would be a good lynch.
Strange do you see somewhere in my iso where I said I’d lynch Fus? Or that he’d be a good lynch? I sure don’t. If you can point it out to me that’d be lovely. Scum do lurk you’re correct. But this isn’t a normal vanilla game. This is a game where the correct play with the party can outright win us the game and as you can see I’ve made it very clear I want a good information/maybe scum lynch day 1 and healing no one. So I don’t see why you’re questioning me on that. I feel I’ve been pretty consistent!

Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 222, The Renais Twins wrote:if you all think that mary is scum then fine, let's treat this like the 'dog house' strategy and put the three of us in the dog house and then just lynch one of the lurkers

this is the opposite of a setup where deepwolf hunting is a priority, just kill an unreadable slot and go on from there.
This isn't even a good plan unless the lurker slot flips scum. We're basically throwing a ML and giving scum a free NK.
In post 226, Inbred Lannisters wrote:"omg you want to send all 4 to the party today wow you're mafia trying to inject yourself hurr", which I pointed out was false, which was responded with "I don't care what you say, you're Mafia lamist lol".
Wow are we reading dif games because we're certainly remembering things differently
In post 233, Kirari Momobami wrote:The biggest gamble of all... is letting Ephraim have his way. Sometimes he falls into traps... We should never forget what happened before Fort Rigwald.

Nonetheless I'm actually fine with this send of house pets, and today I think I am warming up to the House Pet policy. Even though I don't think even with lynching schiavetto we will have all three scum as pets or dead, this will still probably give us the best conditions for day 2.

VOTE: schiavetto

HEAL: PP, TRT, Mary
I would love to hear why you think this is even close to helpful cause I'm not seeing it.
The Renais Twins
The Renais Twins
Townie
The Renais Twins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:49 am

just go with it bby
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Titus »

TRT, convince me to care about this game. Why aren't you following the right path?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by duppin »

Hi everyone. I'll try to catch up as soon as I can
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Hi everyone. Last night, we hadn’t yet replaced MS.

This is our avatar.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Inbred Lannisters
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 1:17 pm

I haven’t read much of the game yet and am still not exactly clear how party differs exactly from coalition. Auro offered to do the triple hydra prior to game start and when on my very brief skim, I could tell that MS was flaming obvtown, I asked if the offer was still open.

~Tyrion Lannister
Inbred Lannisters
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Inbred Lannisters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 1:21 pm

during each day, you may vote for some amount of players to be added to the Party. if a mafia goon that isn't in the Party tries to kill someone that is in the Party (or vice versa), they will be publicly outed as a mafia goon come morning.
Okay, so different. I will try to do a catch up later.

~T
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by duppin »

Certainly not the most active game, but I don't mind. There seem to be quite a few meta reads being thrown around which I can't really comment on, I think I have only played with RC and Titus before.

Anyway I guess I'll just share my thoughts. I apologize for the formatting.

I kind of agree with Titus regarding the party mechanic. Obviously it would be better to fill up the party with town, but given how the game has progressed so far I'm starting to doubt we are going to reach a consensus.

I will elaborate if I need to, but I think Michael Scott/Inbred Lannisters is very town.

I'm leaning town Fuscosco but my reasoning is honestly very weak. His content in itself is fine but I don't really find it alignment indicative, it's more so the way he spam posts multiple posts in a row. It just feels genuine as in he keeps coming up with something else to add, which I'm not even sure is necessarily towny but I'm getting towny vibes from it nonetheless.
I also find Sky slightly town, I mainly liked her earlier posts.
I also want to townread Kirari. I wasn't really a fan of her first posts, but I thought # was a good post.

When I initially read through the thread I thought Yumeko was suspicious, but reading through her ISO I can't quite explain why. I think it mainly has to do with # where she defended herself, she seemed to imply both of the players voting on her were/could be suspicious for doing so. I'm also not sure why TRT's vote would be opportunistic. To be completely fair she did ask TRT to explain, but I still got the impression she was more interested in discrediting the votes. meh

I did not like Mary Saotomes response to Michael Scott, but I think my read might have been influenced by how you said it rather than what you said so I will give it another look later.

Not fond of HK. It was actually mainly his opening post I disliked.
#: Only wanting obv town in the party sounds reasonable enough, but the rest of his post just feels awkward. He is implying a scum would only get in the party if we do not add obv town, in which case it wouldn't really matter that scum could kill everyone at the party.
The last part of his post bothers me a bit too, seems to be questioning the heals and votes yet never follows up on this again. Overall it just felt like he posted just to be heard. I don't think his later posts are necessarily scummy but they are certainly not giving me town vibes either. I think his scumread on Michael Scott is really weak.

I don't really know what to make of TRT or Titus yet. I'm getting the impression they aren't that interested in the game.

I have absolutely no read on the inactive players (Bittersweet, Schiavetto)

I'd really like if PenguinPower could do something more than one liners

Return to “Completed Open Games”