The Newbie 2d3 stats thread (upd. 2019-05-28, 87g)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #0) » Mon May 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 89, nomnomnom wrote:I'd say daytalk is absolutely necessary for noobscum. Not giving them the daytalk makes them feel ultra stressed on top of rolling scum in one of their first games which is ultra stressful to begin with. I think it's a terrible idea removing it.
Back in my day we didn't have daytalk and we did just fine...

... Kids these days...
In post 86, PenguinPower wrote:What a strange turn of phrase to use. Feel free to contribute your ideas or convince me why it's not needed. The feedback I have received re: daychat has been positive, and chats like this could be why.
Daytalk is definitely not required for a smooth and enjoyable game experience. Need to be careful not to confuse between being 'desirable' and 'needed'
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (isolation #1) » Tue May 28, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 99, Ircher wrote:But hasn't daytalk reduced the number of scum newbie replacements? I remember that being a thing back when Mina did the daytalk trial in the Newbie Queue.

Sure, maybe it is not 100% needed, but it is so desirable that to exclude it would truly be a huge shame.
I took a quick look at the data on this setup vs the data from a matrix newbie setup I found from 2014. Replacement rates look to be a bit lower across the board. I'm not sure if single point movement in replacements is statistically significant. (There are going to be fluctuations and then there's the question of what caused them.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #2) » Tue May 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 101, mastina wrote:
In post 98, Zachrulez wrote:Daytalk is definitely not required for a smooth and enjoyable game experience. Need to be careful not to confuse between being 'desirable' and 'needed'
Sure--it's not
required

But it makes it happen
more often
and
more consistently

You
can
have a smooth/enjoyable game experience without daytalk.

You're
more likely
to have a smooth/enjoyable game experience with daytalk.
My experience was pretty even both ways honestly.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”