LSG Queue - Summer 2019 Update

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by zoraster »

i have just finished setting up a great deal of the Survivor: RPG stuff on proboards and I cannot tell you how excited I am for the other forums to be widely available. Many thanks to Kison, Haschel and the listmods for getting this done.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:41 am

Post by zoraster »

wait until you see my gorgeous logo. it's something to behold.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:40 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 13, MaryJoLisa wrote:Wow. I have no idea what this OP was about. :(

I think LSG means "large social gametype." I found that in the text. What is that?
Are we moving forums?
What is a survivor game?
What is a listmod? Is that like The Worst who I think manages the replacement list?
There was a forum disaster? OMG, what happened?

Is mafiascum.net switching hosts and forum software?

Edited to add: Oh wow. I picked this post up out of context in the list of active topics. This is from a whole sub-forum I've never explored before.

So one subforum is leaving mafiascum.net?
Large Social Games such as survivor were traditionally run off site for two main reasons: first, most were anonymous, and it's a pain to keep anonymity on MS (people accidentally post on the wrong account, mods know who people are regardless of new alts, etc.). Second, these forums required a ton of hands-on activity from the game mods that MS wasn't really set up to provide. An average survivor game might have 30-40 subforums, a visual theme element, etc.

This announcement is about finding a way to bring those games into our ecosystem while still giving mods and players the ability to achieve the two things above.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”