Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Xtoxm »

yeah, after the generally poor reception of the prequels i can see why they did it - seems a bit extreme though. its like they couldnt think of any new ideas, so they were like "we KNOW this story is good, lets use it again!"
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 148, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 145, Xtoxm wrote:how dare we have fun whilst playing a game right? fuck us.
it's page 6 of a star wars themed game, theres going to be some star wars discussion.
lighten up
Despite my best efforts to be clear, you misunderstand me. I have no issue with Star Wars discussion. I have issue with him holding it over everyone's head like a carrot on a stick.

Also, DEB, this discussion IS game-related. It's not a waste of time. In addition to hopefully helping you become a better player (and maybe helping me become more tolerant as well), it should be producing content off which we both can be read.
Here we go again. Why do you just assume I’m a bad player? Is it just because I don’t conform to the way you think Mafia should be played? There’s more than one way to skin a cat.
I’m not going to withhold the read information I get from these lists, I just have to wait for EVERYONE to participate before I let y’all in on the analyzing. Otherwise that would just taint the results.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 150, Xtoxm wrote:yeah, after the generally poor reception of the prequels i can see why they did it - seems a bit extreme though. its like they couldnt think of any new ideas, so they were like "we KNOW this story is good, lets use it again!"
I mean we might not like it, but we can’t argue that it did exactly what they wanted it to.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:37 am

Post by Xtoxm »

i'll claim this now.
i'm informed town.
it's fairly cryptic, but its basically in the future, there is fire and ice.
we (being me and worm) think it's a reference to this setup https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Fire_and_Ice possibly in relation to the episode 2 multiball game. so there it folks, maybe someone can get use out of it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 152, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 150, Xtoxm wrote:yeah, after the generally poor reception of the prequels i can see why they did it - seems a bit extreme though. its like they couldnt think of any new ideas, so they were like "we KNOW this story is good, lets use it again!"
I mean we might not like it, but we can’t argue that it did exactly what they wanted it to.
true, it was a huge commercial success.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 am

Post by Xtoxm »

^claiming that mainly so worm/others are free to discuss it now in the other game
but if anyone thinks it's relevant to this game, i'm interested in your ideas
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 153, Xtoxm wrote:i'll claim this now.
i'm informed town.
we (being me and worm) think it's a reference to this setup https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Fire_and_Ice possibly in relation to the episode 2 multiball game. so there it folks, maybe someone can get use out of it.
Lol is this secretly a Game of Thrones themed game masquerading as a Star Wars themed game?
I read the setup, so you think there are two sets of scum teams in the other game? I’m not 100% clear on the whole multiball thing. There can’t be two sets of scum in this one though since it’s not multiball right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 151, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Here we go again. Why do you just assume I’m a bad player? Is it just because I don’t conform to the way you think Mafia should be played? There’s more than one way to skin a cat.
Sure, there are definitely a lot of different ways to play. But not all of them are equally effective.

Because you're a new player, you're not necessarily bad. But you are necessarily inexperienced, and part of gaining experience is learning which playstyles are effective and which are not. In my experience, the way you're playing has not proven to be effective.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 156, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
i'm informed town.
Lol is this secretly a Game of Thrones themed game masquerading as a Star Wars themed game?
I read the setup, so you think there are two sets of scum teams in the other game? I’m not 100% clear on the whole multiball thing. There can’t be two sets of scum in this one though since it’s not multiball right?
that's correct.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 am

i'm informed town.
Could be a hint about the third game as well. Though, I hope that one isn't also multiball.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

that's also a possibility, though i'm hoping that as well
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:49 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 157, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 151, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Here we go again. Why do you just assume I’m a bad player? Is it just because I don’t conform to the way you think Mafia should be played? There’s more than one way to skin a cat.
Sure, there are definitely a lot of different ways to play. But not all of them are equally effective.

Because you're a new player, you're not necessarily bad. But you are necessarily inexperienced, and part of gaining experience is learning which playstyles are effective and which are not. In my experience, the way you're playing has not proven to be effective.
I mean, I have an 80% win rate soooo...
The one loss I have was when I was VT, the worst role in all of Mafia. I phoned that game in hard.
I might be relatively new to the site but I’m not new to Mafia at all.
What works for me isn’t necessarily going to work for others.
Through all this (I feel like the dust is settling on our argument) you still won’t just give me a list/your feelings on the franchise.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:49 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 159, Something_Smart wrote:
i'm informed town.
Could be a hint about the third game as well. Though, I hope that one isn't also multiball.
Idk, BTE was multiball right? That was a blast!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 am

There hasn't been a multiball Boon game in a while. BTE = BoonyToonz Extravaganza which was singleball, and also you weren't in it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 am

The only multiball Boon game I've played in was Boon Island (BTVI)... and it was a shitshow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 am

By the way DEB, and I don't want to get into this much, but if you don't like VT you're gonna have a hard time on this site. Role madness games are somewhat rare and they're often less strategic and less balanced. If you only play them you'll never learn to scumhunt.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 163, Something_Smart wrote:There hasn't been a multiball Boon game in a while. BTE = BoonyToonz Extravaganza which was singleball, and also you weren't in it.
Oh lol, I guess I was confusing it with a different boon game that I was in.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:02 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 165, Something_Smart wrote:By the way DEB, and I don't want to get into this much, but if you don't like VT you're gonna have a hard time on this site. Role madness games are somewhat rare and they're often less strategic and less balanced. If you only play them you'll never learn to scumhunt.
It's been fine so far, I'm just not doing normal games ever really. I had one bad game, which I actually had half figured out but no one would go along with me. The only thing I'm having a hard time with on this site is running into players that just won't let me be me. I've had multiple people (which you are now a part of) scrutinizing the way I play this game. It's not cool imo. I'm perfectly happy with the way I play this game and my abilities to do so.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:04 am

Well, with that attitude you're never going to improve.

But I'll stay out of your business, if you firmly insist this is the best you can possibly be.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:05 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

Side note, I find this extremely relative to me and this game:
Spoiler:
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Xtoxm »

theme games tilt heavily toward role madness these days, so its pretty easy to have a high chance of avoiding vanilla roles if you pick and choose games carefully tbh
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 168, Something_Smart wrote:Well, with that attitude you're never going to improve.

But I'll stay out of your business, if you firmly insist this is the best you can possibly be.
You can't improve on perfection.
I'll politely ask again:
Can you pretty please give me an ordered list of your favorite Star Wars movies, or at least give me your thoughts on them as X and O have?
It's not a big ask.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 170, Xtoxm wrote:theme games tilt heavily toward role madness these days, so its pretty easy to have a high chance of avoiding vanilla roles if you pick and choose games carefully tbh
I love madness and chaos.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:15 am

Sure.

Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
Attack of the Clones
The Force Awakens

I haven't seen many of them in years, though.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:19 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 173, Something_Smart wrote:Sure.

Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
Attack of the Clones
The Force Awakens

I haven't seen many of them in years, though.
Thank you very much! Wasn't that hard, was it?
That's a really interesting list, something (_Smart?) the likes of which I've never seen.
I'm guessing you just haven't seen Solo?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”