Anonymous games vs Non-Anonymous games

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 13, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Survivor: Magic Kingdom was literally a life-changing event for me.

It's a very different experience but it is one that everybody should consider experiencing.
See I feel the opposite about that. I really hated being as exposed as I was. I'm fine if people do them, but I'm not likely to sign up for another one after the last couple non-anons I've played. It's...emotionally taxing.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 34, McMenno wrote:are anons not emotionally taxing for you???

The difference is in anons I can go be emotional on my own time and not have that catch me off guard. Like on a computer you can take a moment to step away.

In non anon there's no character buffer to hide behind. You get caught on voice/camera whatever and like the emotions come whether you want them or not.

I suppose that's why I said it's a personal preference, some people deal better with their raw emotions on the spot, others deal better when they are able to take time to cope with their emotions and make more rational decisions after.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”