Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2290 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Vengaboys »

We (we use 'we' but mean 'I;' little known fact, the Vengaboys have been a singular entity since 2006) haven't had much of a chance to catch up yet (what can we say, we like to party...).

However, we have some reads that are astoundingly similar to our predecessor's reads. For instance, we're townreading the following players:
Golden RASpberry
Inbred Lannisters
RedPanda

You could say that we're townreading these players so hard that we want them in our room (our party room?).

It seems that duppin is already partying (good for you! We like to party too!) but our read there is slightly less strong than the above three.

A case has been presented against Edgar Allen Foe! It's a very good case. We went ahead and modified a little song of ours to present our first vote (granted, it's the same vote that our predecessor Skygazer made, but we like the dramatic effect of the song!)

A Song for Edgar Allen Foe
Boom boom boom boom!
I want to vote for you!
Let's vote Edgar together,
from now until forever!

Thank you for listening to our song!

VOTE: Edgar Allen Foe
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2291 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Vengaboys »

We're going to start off by isoing the best bird in this game! That's right, we're talking about...

PenguinPower!

This penguin isn't a normal penguin; he's spending a significant amount of his energy trying to get invited to a party!

Spoiler: This Penguin likes to party a bit toooo much...
In post 7, PenguinPower wrote:But...I've never been invited to a party before...

:(
In post 10, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 8, schadd_ wrote:penguin do u wanna come to my birthday party later
yes pls thx.
In post 26, PenguinPower wrote:No...it's because you didn't invite me to the party.

:(
Now these posts could be considered early-game shitposts, but it doesn't stop there...
In post 27, PenguinPower wrote:schadd at least invited me to a party.
In post 83, PenguinPower wrote:heh.

I HAVEN'T BEEN INVITED TO A PARTY BEFORE LISTEN TO ME WHY DON'T YOU!
In post 357, PenguinPower wrote:I think I like the "house pet" strat, but I am against anything that requires me wearing a bowtie.
In post 369, PenguinPower wrote:HEAL: PenguinPower, Skygazer, Raya36, Hell Knight

If I have to wear a bowtie, I'm rocking the cane, monocle, and tophat as well.

My first party...I'm so excited.
Here he is pushing what we believe to be a suboptimal strategy (the housepets strategy). Considering Hell Knight was town, my slot is town, and GoldenRASpberry's slot is probably town, this would've done nothing other than allow obvious town slots get night killed. While the four slots in question were seen as scummy slots at the time, we believe it's very likely that scum were pushing this party. In hindsight it would've effectively done nothing, allowing powerful town-slots to get nightkilled and if PP is scum, allowing him to sneak in.
In post 659, PenguinPower wrote:I'm not sheeping anything where I don't get invited to the party. I already bought my top hat and cane.
Here he is refusing to vote for any party that doesn't contain him in it! We think this is very scummy behavior and probably +scum equity for PP

Next up, we're going to look at the amount of fluff-posts he has and compare that to other games he's in. We feel like he's fluffposting a lot more here than his townself, but we just want to go and verify that at some point today. Additionally, we remember him complaining quite a bit about fluffposting in another game we've seen him in, so we want to go check that out. Stay tuned!!
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2293 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

Sorry ):
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2294 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

After reading PP's iso again and crosschecking it with other games he's played in, we don't think there's that much different in terms of surface level stuff. That being said we feel like he's quite a bit more fluffy here and we still think that his attempts to push himself into a party with two people we know are town (HK/ourself) and one slot we think is town (GRASS) makes me think he's been pushing an agenda. We're going to do a littttttle bit more digging around there but we think that he's below null at the moment in terms of our reads. So, for the people we have reads on so far:

{GRASS, Lannisters, RedPanda}
{duppin}
______
{PenguinPower}
{Eddie Allen}
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2295 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

A question for the new best bird in this game (GRASS);

Do you two have a solid read on PP yet? Do you think we're overthinking things?
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2296 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 93, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Fuscosco

I'm good lynching this.
Eh
In post 122, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 100, Fuscosco wrote:Actually, I TR PP preemptively.
:shifty:

Weird progression
In post 143, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: HK
Lynch bait
In post 437, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Yumeko Jabami
Potential lynch bait?
In post 952, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 929, Hell Knight wrote:If nance thinks he’s obvscum and we think he’s scum, let’s vote here
Why does Nancy's view strengthen yours?
In post 929, Hell Knight wrote:I think he was buddying us when he proposed us for the party
I literally copy/pasted Kirari's suggestion...

Like...wut?
In post 929, Hell Knight wrote:And I fell for it
Fake fake fake fake.

VOTE: Hell Knight
More lynch bait, I don't really like these one-liners tonally
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2297 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2218, PenguinPower wrote:HEAL: Golden RAS

Pocketing successful.

I have to say the addition of RAS to duck makes me uberparanoid I’m not going to be able to correctly read the slot but...oh well.
The paranoia here feels like a weird shade/kind of agenda-y
We feel like tw has town-told a ton before the replace-in and is continuing to town-tell after RAS joined
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2298 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

To sum up PP, he looks very similar to his town-meta on the surface level but there's almost no gamesolving until maybe halfway through and that consists of just him pushing lynch bait/reacting to scum reads on him/asking questions that I find emptier than his usual questions (additionally his questioning here feels more like pushy whereas his town meta questions feel like he's genuinely trying to sort stuff out)

Idk, I feel like I could definitely be wrong here but I feel like PP has high scum equity especially when you consider how hard he pushed for himself to be in the party.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2299 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

I should probably move on to another iso!!
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2300 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

Who knew I could be a more productive player on a gimmick alt? Wow!
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2302 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2301, Golden RASpberry wrote:He's positioning himself the way he does unconsciously as town including before my replace in.
Can you expand on this?
I think a lot of the stuff you're concerned about is a little confbiasy?
Possibly. I get that way sometimes which is why I asked you.
I think biting down on lynchbait isn't inherently scum indicative. I voted anime person too before RAS townread her.
I mean I voted anime person and even hammered Baezu. But I feel like lynch-baity wagons can still be scum driven. I mean, just look at where PP decided to hop on the wagons:
Hell Knight (4): Yumeko Jabami, Fuscosco, Kirari Momobami, PenguinPower
Yumeko Jabami (5): Skygazer, Uncle Bob, RedPanda, PenguinPower, Titus
Hell Knight (7): Yumeko Jabami, duppin, Edgar Allan Foe, Inbred Lannisters, PenguinPower, Kirari Momobami, Titus
I don't really like those votes at all in terms of wagonomics. It feels more like shifting with the strongest wagons rather than just accidentally SRing lynchbait.
Hell Knight/Baezu-head infamously has ~dat wolfy tone~ so given PP has been busy irl I think she's a natural scumread via tone.
Fair point.
Do you think there's anything that shows like a scum agenda/mindset in his approach to the game? Or are you kinda just not seeing strong town motivation?
Define "shows an agenda?" Like I think him pushing for the house-cats/pushing for himself to be in the party could very well be agenda-y, I feel like him wagon-hopping in the way he did could also be a sign of an agenda to score an easy mislynch or something. That sounds kinda conf-biasy after typing it out. I'm not really seeing any strong town motivation from him anywhere though. Have you or RAS seen any?

Personally I'm just not super-sold on bob/Titus, at least not as much as I am on EAF. How confident are you two on your 3/3 solve?
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2311 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2305, PenguinPower wrote:Who are you?

Like I feel like you know me but you should also account for the fact that I’m vla in your “second half” assessment.
I know you vaguely ig? Not too many games played together? How long have you been on VLA? I think a lot of what I said applies to D1 stuff but I'm struggling to remember how long you've been on VLA
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2314 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2310, Golden RASpberry wrote:
Spoiler: votes atm
In post 2226, schadd_ wrote:

Vote count 2b.0

party vote
PARTY MEMBERS (5):
duppin, Edgar Allan Foe, Fuscosco, Inbred Lannisters, Golden RASpberry

Golden RASpberry (7):
Inbred Lannisters, Skygazer, Golden RASpberry, RedPanda, CheekyTeeky, PenguinPower, Fuscosco

nobody (1):
Titus

not voting (4):
Edgar Allan Foe, duppin, Yumeko Jabami, Uncle Bob

the group phase finishes with Golden RASberry added to the party.

Edgar Allan Foe (4):
Golden RASpberry, CheekyTeeky, Fuscosco, Skygazer
PenguinPower (2):
RedPanda, Yumeko Jabami

not voting (6):
Edgar Allan Foe, Titus, PenguinPower, Uncle Bob, Inbred Lannisters, duppin

with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. day 2 ends june 13th at 22:40 central US time; in (expired on 2019-06-20 22:40:00)

mod notes
  • replacing uncle bob
  • duppin is vla till thursday
[/area]
In post 2243, Inbred Lannisters wrote:VOTE: Edgar Allan Foe

Edgar is at L-2.

- Cersei Lannister (Volxen)
In post 2260, Fuscosco wrote:I want titus today.

VOTE: titus

Its well and you youre in the party, but its unlikely for us to die tonight. And if we do its wifom under the bridge brought about by us not being in consensus.

unofficial;

Edgar Allan Foe (4): Golden RASpberry, CheekyTeeky, Skygazer, Inbred Lannisters
PenguinPower (2): RedPanda, Yumeko Jabami
Titus (1): Fuscosco

not voting (5): Edgar Allan Foe, Titus, PenguinPower, Uncle Bob, duppin
We replaced skygazer :P
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2319 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2187, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:I mean shit man, minus the fact that I know it's wrong by nature of my role PM that's a pretty convincing case? Fuck, I'd vote me if I wasn't me, based on that case. I accept my lynch, unfortunate as it is. Seems my attempt sot change my playstyle to be less hyperactive just resulted in my stuff turning to shit. Apologies. At the very least let's replace me with Golden within the party, because there's ~0.0001% odds it flips scum.

Let me use the maximum amount of time available to put down plans for what happens when their solve ISN'T accurate and we have to re-calibrate.

And then I'll root? Rot? From the dead PT.
We just saw this!! Wow, this is a very obvious appeal to emotion. At least you got to enjoy a small bit of time partying.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2323 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2320, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2311, Vengaboys wrote:
In post 2305, PenguinPower wrote:Who are you?

Like I feel like you know me but you should also account for the fact that I’m vla in your “second half” assessment.
I know you vaguely ig? Not too many games played together? How long have you been on VLA? I think a lot of what I said applies to D1 stuff but I'm struggling to remember how long you've been on VLA
Well if you’re including D1 then you don’t know me.
Fair enough, we can't say we have a solid grasp on your meta.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2325 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

VENGABOYS

PAGETOP
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2328 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

To be fair one of the reasons we're unsure on Titus is that we don't know how to read them, like, at all.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2362 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2330, Golden RASpberry wrote:Her "not impressed with the hydra repping in and being partied" is like ridiculous. Firstly there is explicitly not town motivation in being annoyed at that. Secondly, I was basically omw to getting healed before RAS got involved. Thirdly she's spectacularly ignoring everything else that happens itt.

I've seen Titus before. Vca is her strong point but she doesn't katsuki shitpost her way through the game until she can vca. She plays a game, and she's playing a wolfgame here.
Good point. Still wouldn't be surprised if she flipped town but I'll probably vote her especially if Edgar flips wolf.
In post 2332, Golden RASpberry wrote:We have a lot of clearly town players too :U
Has my slot been townblocked yet? :o
In post 2357, RedPanda wrote:I did not want to write this before hearing from yumeko and duppin but since EAF is at L-1, I have no choice.

This is being rushed too much and you guys are missing something obvious.

EAF flipping scum is autowin for town so EAF being suicidal fucks over his partners too. Scum would do everything to protect the scumslot in the party and the only person defending EAF is me.
I mean, scum lethargy is definitely a thing. Edgar definitely tried to get out of it with some Appeal to Emotion but it didn't really work so if he's a wolf it's not really surprising for him to peace out like this in my onion, especially if he's trying not to spew.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2363 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

I'm very much at the point where I just want this to be flipped tonight. I feel like the game is in danger of stagnating which is why I'm trying to poke around a tiny bit in the meantime.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2365 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2360, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2356, CheekyTeeky wrote:PP what's your read on Titus?
Town.
Can you give like a one or two or, if you're feeling adventurous, even a three-liner reason why?
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2366 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2364, CheekyTeeky wrote:My onion is that you're pocketing Venga. Who did you replace?
I replaced the user known as "Skygazer," who has a very good taste in music apparently :D
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2369 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2368, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2365, Vengaboys wrote:
In post 2360, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2356, CheekyTeeky wrote:PP what's your read on Titus?
Town.
Can you give like a one or two or, if you're feeling adventurous, even a three-liner reason why?
Nope.
That's a single line, I'm counting it!
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2374 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2372, CheekyTeeky wrote:Some more onions would be nice

Not our style, but this is what Google came up with...
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2380 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

I don't really think my slot is in danger of being lynched considering the combined ability of GRASS to correctly read my predecessor. I also very much did not try to push today to PenguinPower, I was just taking a peek because I'm not entirely satisfied with the 3/3 solve and my predecessor seemed to think there was something there to take a look at.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2385 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

Here's a bit of a throwback from a few years before our time!
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2391 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

After review I think PP is more likely town than scum but I can't remember how I arrived at that conclusion...
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2396 (isolation #27) » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

Yes it's not like duck being killed would confscum one of three people :c
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2530 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Vengaboys »

I think notes' focus on very lynchable slots is more likely to come from scum than town.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2547 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 2531, Titus wrote:
In post 2530, Vengaboys wrote:I think notes' focus on very lynchable slots is more likely to come from scum than town.
Project much? This is the first post u made and it's about lynching the second most lynchable slot.
that is not the first post i made??
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2548 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

What about post 353 suggests scum partners to you?
wrap it we can not lynch titus now because scum never distance from each other
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2550 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

Sorry if that was flippant I've been an asshole lately. I just don't see that as an association that clears you, really. It's the kind of distancing scum love to do.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2553 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

EAF altslipped in this thread :c they're Cabd
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2556 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

In post 1681, Cabd wrote:
In post 1677, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1666, CheekyTeeky wrote:Caymans sounds nice!
Need to find a way to get there now!
You can try to use your newfound time to go back and elaborate on the reads detail you owed me.
In post 1683, Edgar Allan Foe wrote:
In post 1681, Cabd wrote:
In post 1677, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1666, CheekyTeeky wrote:Caymans sounds nice!
Need to find a way to get there now!
You can try to use your newfound time to go back and elaborate on the reads detail you owed me.
God fucking damn it I've been so good about it.

Mine.
Vengaboys
Vengaboys
Townie
Vengaboys
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2562 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Vengaboys »

Titus no offense but are you drunk posting right now :c
Vengaboys
Vengaboys