Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vote Count!
With 14 alive, it will take 8 to lynch.

3 windkirby (JamesThePhox, Nightson, The Jester)
3 JDodge* (Greasy Spot, windkirby, Claus)
2 Greasy Spot (skitzer, Gorrad)
2 JamesThePhox (dcorbe, Xdaamno)
1 Kison (armlx)
1 Xdaamno (Kison)
1 GhostWriter (GhostWriter)
1 armlx (JDodge*)

Deadline on Friday the 13th, at 11:59 PM EST.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by JDodge »

armlx wrote:However, my vote is mildly serious at this point.

Vote UA

Self voting in the random voting stage

A) prevents the creation of the small tidbits I described. Such a cop out.
B) is a dumb waste. If you are pro-town, why would you vote for a confirmed townie?
This is a piss-poor vote.
armlx wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:HAHA...Don't get your panties in a bunch just yet.
You pikmins
are way too uptight. No wonder mod called you stupid.
Why would you refer to us as you pikmins GS? Slip up?
He started that god-awful "it was a slip" thing. He soon thereafter (after getting a few people onboard of it) drops it in favour of this:
armlx wrote:After some consideration while I'm not marathoning and/or studying, and looking back at CotI and Muffin there, Zombie's behavior definitely lines up with newbie scum, not just newbie.

Unvote, Vote Zombie
This is patently and horrifically false.
armlx wrote:To summarize, Muffin was new, did the same "Don't want to vote, ok wagon time" and turned up scum.
This vote was then justified by "someone else who was new did the same thing in another game and turned up scum"
armlx wrote:I've come to realize since yesterday GS is just going to be dumb every game. Just trying to work out which kinds of dumb are scummy for him
This is a convenient way to distance himself from the now-failing slip line of logic.
armlx wrote:I'm putting Jdodge on being Dodge on the unexplained multivotes for now, though, you know, real cases help too.
Why not the same adamancy then as there is now?

Note that WindKirby
did
find this odd then and now, and this combined with other posts make him incredibly likely town. The wagon on him is terrible.
armlx wrote:While this is right, its ironic you would be the one to say it. xd's play has been.... lacking to say the least this game, though if my IRC experience is worth anything its a town tell from him.
Using irrelevant, unprovable and in general poor meta evidence to affirm the towniness of another player who is lurking almost non-stop in this game. Note that said person was voting him.
armlx wrote:I support GS's stance here. The wagon is pretty BS'y IMO.
Welcome to the other side of the tracks.
armlx wrote:I'm with Dodge here. This is definitely town GS to me, based on Adel's mountainous open.
You figured out which kinds of dumb are which?
armlx wrote:Much rather see a JtP lynch though.
He was your prime suspect yesterday. Why is he now only a secondary suspect?
armlx wrote:I've definitely come around to Jdodge/JtP's point of view on this. The blatant opportunism is astounding.
Please look in a mirror at some point in the near future.
armlx wrote:K, that doesn't really help but ok. Unless there's some enemy that can blow people up I see no reason Gorrad isn't confirmed town.
Armlx, meet Volatile Dweevil.
armlx wrote:A quick search for explode, bomb, and blow shows nothing.
I find it slightly odd that you did not search for bombrock, considering Gorrad said he had the vig because
he
had a bombrock.
armlx wrote:I don't usually trust scum's pre-death posts as much of anything.
This is a horrifically bad post. There is so much info that can be gained in those posts.
armlx wrote:There are many people who have not given their position on a Kison lynch yet. Those who haven't should now/soon.
Why is this imperative?

This is the best I can do on Saturday at 2:30 AM.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by armlx »

This is a piss-poor vote.
I made it a habit to yell at self voters. See R-1000 mafia and Chaotic Diablo.
He started that god-awful "it was a slip" thing. He soon thereafter (after getting a few people onboard of it) drops it in favour of this:
I did. As I have said, I found his responses adequate for the scenario and moved along.
This is patently and horrifically false.
Explain please. I explained with a valid logic, as pretty much all scum hunting is based on "People do X as scum, he did X".
This is a convenient way to distance himself from the now-failing slip line of logic.
If you care to view it that way, ok. I legitimately learned about GS's play style in between the not-slip and then however.
He was your prime suspect yesterday. Why is he now only a secondary suspect?
You said it yourself. He was really scummy all of early/mid yesterday, but redeemed himself at the end and was fine D1.
Armlx, meet Volatile Dweevil.
I'm lazy and did not research heavily. Multiple people told me said thing did not exist. Said role also seems mildly suicidal.
I find it slightly odd that you did not search for bombrock, considering Gorrad said he had the vig because he had a bombrock.
Bomb is a fragment of bombrock that would show up on search. Checked the Gamefaq's site thing.
You figured out which kinds of dumb are which?
I figured out that kind of dumb = town/null.
Using irrelevant, unprovable and in general poor meta evidence to affirm the towniness of another player who is lurking almost non-stop in this game. Note that said person was voting him.
I thought and still do think I have a sick read on him.
Why not the same adamancy then as there is now?
You promised a case before I even said anything this time. I said I wanted a case back then as well.
Why is this imperative?
I suspect Kison to be scum. I want all and any opinions on him now to see what people said after he is presumably lynched.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Kison wrote:As irritating as it may be that JDodge is not giving his case, this is kind of what he did during Day Two in his previous role.
Claus wrote:I'm starting also to suspect WindKirby and Kison less, based on a quick re-read of them both.
Claus wrote:- My second choice would be kison - if only because he was at Jdodge's, GS' AND Gorrad's wagon by the end of day 2.
What changed here?

armlx, you've mentioned many times you dislike Pyrodwarf. What in particular bothers you?

Unvote
because I like JtP's post 586. WindKirby, how scummy am I?

Vote : xdaamno
. Lurking Master Mofo. Also, ignored my request of his other supposed JamesThePhox scummy vibes(May 22nd). Also has maintained JtP suspicion into today yet unvoted him yesterday after his weird JDodge + Kison vote. Not paying attention or simply placing votes he doesn't feel strongly about.

Not sure about JDodge/Pyrodwarf. I find Pyrodwarf's reaction to Zombie's lynch to be the scummiest part of his play. JDodge 2.0 is acting as dumb as JDodge 1.0. He needs to post his case, but it seems clear he lacks one. Wouldn't mind lynching him but I would prefer Xdaamno.
I understand you're most likely just trying to spur me into action, but I don't have a problem with that.
Nightson wrote:I'm not sure JDodge being annoying equates to him being scum. This annoying "Why should I tell you my case" thing doesn't seem scummy to me.
Smells of JDodge-Nightson scum pairing, though I don't like pointing this kind of tell out; it just seems
too obvious

For the last while I've only been pointing the odd thing out and not actually forming an argument, so I'll attempt to do that tonight.

Until then, I'm still too lazy to do anything more.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Claus »

Okay. Time to post again.
dcorbe wrote:
Claus wrote: I didn't know this guy was playing. wow.
You haven't seen my name in all the vote counts? I'm sort of lurking because I'm satisfied with my reasons for a JTP vote. I'm paying attention, though and I'll have more to contribute tomorrow. I'll also gladly answer any questions asked directly of me as I feel I have armed myself with sufficient information to back up my predecessor's opinions.
Wow.

You know, that was an off hand comical comment. Interesting that you found yourself needing to defend against that. Hmmm.
Kison wrote:As irritating as it may be that JDodge is not giving his case, this is kind of what he did during Day Two in his previous role.
1- Jdodge2 != Jdodge1
2- I saw the cases on Jdodge1's votes, I don't see the case on Jdodge2's vote.
3- Jdodge2 == Pyrodwarf - which was moderately scummy.

Jdodge2-scum would benefit greatly by looking exactly like his cardflipped predecessor. Many people are doing exactly this (count the number of "but Jdodge1 acted exactly like this!" comments). This is one reason I wouldn't let a killed player replace back into a game, btw.

Mind you, Jdodge2 is not on the top list of scummy people for me. My vote was mostly to call his bluff. I would have him lynched, but I would have other people lynched before him (you and JTP).
kison wrote:What changed here?
I had a townish read of you on D1. However, your actions D2 (voting both competing wagons) outscums the townish read.

Jodge's case:

Not bad, but not good enough to make me more suspicious of Armlx than my other suspects.

=====

Okay, here is the thing: I'm leaving wednesday (in some 48 hours for a trip), and I will probably have NO net access until friday night, and very limited access on the following weekend.

Here is my current Lynch priority:

- JtP
- Kison (reasons in this post)
(not a lot of distance between these two)
- Jdodge_2 (Don't like the "promised case, but didn't present it" + pyrodwarf was slightly scummy)

Unvote. Vote JtP

I'll switch my vote to anyone in my lynch list if enough people seem willing to vote them. I'll try hard to log in before the deadline and add my vote to any other lynch, in order to avoid no-lynch - but I won't promise I'll be able to login.

I'm still around for ~2 days, so ask away!
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Kison »

Jdodge2-scum would benefit greatly by looking exactly like his cardflipped predecessor. Many people are doing exactly this (count the number of "but Jdodge1 acted exactly like this!" comments). This is one reason I wouldn't let a killed player replace back into a game, btw.
Yes, but then you must wonder why you'd choose to accept the same scummy behavior the first time around and not the second time around. That's all I'm saying.
Claus wrote:I saw the cases on Jdodge1's votes, I don't see the case on Jdodge2's vote.
If I recall correctly he refused to explain his vote on Gorrad, at least, beyond there being some sort of meta read that he had.
Claus wrote:I had a townish read of you on D1. However, your actions D2 (voting both competing wagons) outscums the townish read.
Yes, but the reread you had came during Day Three. Are you telling me you skipped Day Two? What part of my D1 play made you think I was less likely to be scum? Because, last time I recall you commenting on my Day One play you had actually placed a vote on me, so I find this to be a mildly interesting change of heart that you're having here.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by Claus »

Kison wrote: Yes, but then you must wonder why you'd choose to accept the same scummy behavior the first time around and not the second time around. That's all I'm saying.

(...)

If I recall correctly he refused to explain his vote on Gorrad, at least, beyond there being some sort of meta read that he had.
Yep, but then I agreed with his vote on Gorrad, and was voting Gorrad myself, for my own reasons. I find a player who is voting without reasons for the same player that I am less scummy than a player that is voting without reasons for a player I don't have a scum read on.
Kison wrote: What part of my D1 play made you think I was less likely to be scum?
Honestly, I'm not sure anymore. I find it funny that you're suspecting me for having found you town-looking somewhere early D3, while at the same time not commenting/responding on the main reason I find you scummy.

If it makes you feel better, I'll drop completely the whole "had a small pro-town kison read" thing and just push for your lynch :-D
Kison wrote:Because, last time I recall you commenting on my Day One play you had actually placed a vote on me,
Good you cited this. Why don't you go link the post - and quote the whole thing? I'll refresh your partial memory:
Claus - at 2:59 wrote:This is where I don't like your sole push for GS. Between L-1 and the hammer, GW, Gorrad and Flameaxe all posted. Any of them could have unvoted, but by not doing it, they were just as responsible for the hammer as GS was. You have explained GW and Gorrad. Why is your vote not on Flameaxe then, if you think hammering was such a big deal?

Vote: Kison
Claus - at 3:01 wrote:Forget about flameaxe, I'm a stupid pikmin.

unvote: Kison
So I vote for you because you explained your positions on GW and Gorrad, but not Flameaxe, who was also in the wagon. Then I realized that flameaxe was dead, and removed the vote and the accusation.

Of course it helps you more if you make it look like I found you scummy for your D1 behavior during the whole D2, and changed my mind on D3, doesn't it? Your attempt at misrepresenting me is noted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by Kison »

Claus wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure anymore.
???????
Claus wrote:I find it funny that you're suspecting me for having found you town-looking somewhere early D3,
No, I find it mildly interesting, just like I said, and possibly scummy pending the answer.
Claus wrote:while at the same time not commenting/responding on the main reason I find you scummy.
Your concern is where my votes were during Day Two. If you have paid attention to my posts you will see that I addressed this in an earlier post(647). Why do you find it interesting that I have not done so again? Is it because saying that suits your need to cast a shadow of suspicion on me?
Claus wrote:If it makes you feel better, I'll drop completely the whole "had a small pro-town kison read" thing and just push for your lynch :-D
Your call, bad santa! :twisted:
Claus wrote:So I vote for you because you explained your positions on GW and Gorrad, but not Flameaxe, who was also in the wagon. Then I realized that flameaxe was dead, and removed the vote and the accusation.

Of course it helps you more if you make it look like I found you scummy for your D1 behavior during the whole D2, and changed my mind on D3, doesn't it? Your attempt at misrepresenting me is noted.
Sweet zombie jesus. This is not misrepresentation. The last time I recall you commenting on my day one play you
did
vote me, whether or not you removed it immediately after. This gives the impression that you didn't really have much positive to say about it and felt that whatever you saw outweighed anything you _might_ have found positive about my play, because if you found my D1 play to be pro-town
as you now claim
then I'd have expected to see you comment on it as you weighed your decision to place the initial vote on me. But you didn't comment on it, so I am asking what it is that you now claim to see so that I can see why you left this out when you placed your vote, but you now conveniently can't recall what it was, so now I'm more than just mildly interested. Do me a favor and figure out the why when you have time.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:18 am

Post by windkirby »

I'm glad the case was posted, but I'm still not sure on its authenticity. Considering my vote...

Also, since people seemed to have been asking me what my opinion was on Kison, I will readily admit that I wasn't suspecting him enough early game. I think how this happened is that I had just completed a game where both of us were town, and a reason we won was because the first scum gave a slip. This is why I felt that the going after the slip was completely appropriate, and when people started ganging up on him for it, I think I somehow became rather defensive of him, while putting suspicion on the backburner. After clearing my head and doing a reread, I still found little that I thought was extremely scummy, but Day 2 Kison doesn't sit too well with me. He seemed, at times, rather ingenuine, as if he was merely looking to make it look as if he were looking. What he does is always start suspecting a new person and voting them, which to me just seems a little... off. I don't know. To cap it off, he's hardly my top suspect, but I wouldn't be completely against his lynch if it came to it.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by JDodge »

It's important to note that my case against armlx is mainly that he starts things like the whole "GS slip" fiasco and then takes the opposite position later when he realizes that it's not advantageous to remain on that side.
This in and of itself is the main reason why I think Greasy Spot is town.

Basically, armlx seems to be always on the "winning side" of these debates, despite
starting
on the "losing side" until it was decided that wouldn't be good for him.
stream

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Gorrad »

That...is a surprisingly good point. Let me look into it a bit, see if I agree.

Y'see? Was that so hard?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by armlx »

It's important to note that my case against armlx is mainly that he starts things like the whole "GS slip" fiasco and then takes the opposite position later when he realizes that it's not advantageous to remain on that side.
Thats actually 100% true about that case. I pressed GS to see if he would implode. He didn't, I moved along as it was no longer good play to attack him for that.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:28 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vote Count!
With 14 alive, it will take 8 to lynch.

Deadline on Friday the 13th, at 11:59 PM EST.

3 windkirby (JamesThePhox, Nightson, The Jester)
3 JamesThePhox (dcorbe, Xdaamno, Claus)
2 JDodge* (Greasy Spot, windkirby)
2 Greasy Spot (skitzer, Gorrad)
1 Kison (armlx)
1 Xdaamno (Kison)
1 GhostWriter (GhostWriter)
1 armlx (JDodge*)
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by JDodge »

Gorrad wrote:That...is a surprisingly good point. Let me look into it a bit, see if I agree.

Y'see? Was that so hard?
No, but you kind of ruined my pressuring to see how armlx would react.
stream

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

just posting to remind everyone I on vacation on don't have acces. I amstealing someones wi-fi to post this. Will be able to post on friday.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by Claus »

Like I posted on some other threads, I can't get my laptop wifi to work at the conference yet, but I do have access from a shared computer at my hotel, for limited time.

Which means, don't expect me to drop by and chat until friday, but I'm able to change my vote around this time tomorrow and friday.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

If you do not have the necessary amount of votes required to lynch somebody at deadline, no lynch will occur and the game will go directly to Night Phase.

Deadline in 51 hours

Tic Toc Tic Toc

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Frikkin' deadline.
Unvote, Vote: Windkirby
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by armlx »

Unvote Vote WK

What he said.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Claus »

Hey! Got my wifi working :-)

Are you guys sure you don't prefer to deadline-lynch JtP?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm pretty sure.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by windkirby »

I fail to understand why I'm so much scummier than JtP. Not that I'm trying to spread the blame around, but at least I've given my logic for every vote I've cast, whereas JtP's sudden and completely unexplained at the time vote for JDodge. (I believe there was later some sort of vague explanation akin to "bad vibes".)

Gorrad, I skimmed through your posts and you never seemed to care for my lynch previously. You in fact even defended (or at least agreed with) me twice during day two. Why have you decided you'd like your name on my lynch?

armlx, the only reason you said you found me scummy was for going after the slip, yet I do believe I have explained quite thoroughly why I found it viably suspicious. Do you actually still find it contrived?

I now have three votes left before I am lynched. Shall I claim?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by armlx »

armlx, the only reason you said you found me scummy was for going after the slip, yet I do believe I have explained quite thoroughly why I found it viably suspicious. Do you actually still find it contrived?
Yes.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by The Jester »

Gah, was trying to re-read before the deadline.

I think now might be a good time to claim though.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by armlx »

I think now might be a good time to claim though.
Probably considering deadline.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”