He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by CaptainMeme »

Nominate
Telephone Pictionary
for Best Mish Mash Game. A hell of a lot of fun to do and to look back at afterwards :)
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:42 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Honestly, Best New Player should have far more nominations than it does, so I'm going to add all the ones I think are missing (at least from an LSG standpoint - I don't think all of these players are new to MishMash as a whole, but all of them played their first LSG this year).

Nominate
Chemist1422
and
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
. Neither of them have done particularly well in LSGs yet, but both have been great additions to the Mish Mash community as a whole (especially on the Discord side of things), and I think it's only a matter of time before they each find their breakout games.

Nominate
2func2punction
, specifically for his play as Air Bud in Disney, being one of the most likeable and sociable complete newbies in LSG history, and being one vote away from the finale in a game with 30 players - pretty damn impressive for a first game!

Nominate
Ircher
and
formerfish
for being new players who weren't afraid to go in strong and make big moves in Allocate/Execute and Spitfly respectively. Both of them left huge marks on those games. Also nominate
CreativeMod1
for being a huge force in basically every game he played, from himself in A/E to Starlight in Equestria to (probably my favourite) Zack&Cody in Disney World Domination.

Finally, nominate
Reundo
for his performances as Victini in Legendary, Soarin in Equestria, and Pua in Disney. He clearly put his all into all of these games, and was one hell of a competitor in each and every one of them - not only that, but was incredible to work with and work against, and just a joy to generally be around and play alongside.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:43 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

oh, and Fourth
Awoo
for being an incredible player both to play alongside and to watch, and second
The Worst
for his phenomenal performance as Tapu Lele.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:16 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Best Overall Mish Mash Player:

Third Malkon
- it's been fantastic to work with him on the Character Poll and on Hybrid, as well as being one of the best spectators in numerous games (Legendary and Disney spring to mind) and an experience to play with in A/E, Spitfly, and especially Equestria. That's not even mentioning the work he put into Survivormeet.

Second KittyMo
- Easiest nom of my life. Was amazing to work with throughout Spitfly, and (despite the medevac) was a great player to play alongside in Killing School Semester, but the player side is a very small part of what she's done this year. From helping run the Nonary Games to Identity to Survivormeet, and from firsthand experience of the work she's put into the edgic for TRTWIUAA, she's been a force to behold in terms of the behind the scenes of Mish Mash this year.

Nominate Haschel Cedricson and Tanis Nikana
for the work both put into Survivormeet, and respectively Equestria/Nonary Games. Survivormeet was the definitely highlight of my year and it wouldn't have happened without the work all the crew (Haschel, Tanis, Malkon, KittyMo, Cephrir, and anyone else I've forgotten (sorry about that)) put into making it the incredible experience it was. On top of that, both of them took the lead on running online games that were very fun to take part in and easily in contention for LSG of the year.

Going to do one last one, specifically for their gameplay rather than running anything -
IProbablySuck
is the standout (non-newbie) player of the year for me. I think people who skim over his game history will see Celebi, sorta nod and say 'I think I see why he could deserve a nom from that', but I think a lot of people miss what a fun and excellent person he is to play with even when he doesn't make it that deep - premerged characters like Chiaki and Oren, who were an absolute pleasure to play alongside and deserved to go much further than they should have done. He's a brilliant player, and from my point of view at least really came into his element this year.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:33 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Best Social Game (sorry for the spam, last post I promise! I haven't played enough in General Mish Mash to have a good perspective on that):

The standout game for me this year, by far, was
SurvivorMeet: Willamette Valley
. The effort that went into setting the event up, the fantastic array of challenges that could be performed in person, the amazing, friendly atmosphere and in general just how fun the entire experience was, both playing the game and watching it, all contribute towards it blowing every other LSG I've ever played out of the water.

If this is supposed to be specifically online LSGs, I don't think there was any game that stands out to me in the same way that KSS stood out from the rest last year - every game this year was solid and great to play, but none were quite at that level of 'absolutely demolishing everything else' so it's a much harder choice to make. I think the overall best in my mind was
Survivor: Legendary
- an absolute blast to play, a cast full of interesting characters, and a fantastic mechanic in the Trainers that I think worked very well and should be used in future games. However, it's a close thing, and there's no game this year that I'd go 'Really?' if it won - a testament to a great year throughout for LSGs on this site!

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”