Roll To Dodge - I'm Bad At Titles [8*/12]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Felissan »

Ask Hope for information about the local civilization.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Korina »

I will resolve all actions when I get up. I've gotten enough actions to the point I'm willing to resolve them.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Korina »

Actually, fuck it. I'm gonna resolve now.

I'll start with the ultimate RPS, because holy hell was that absolutely hysterical.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Korina »

Ultimate RPS - Rules PM
Korina wrote:
The game is now afoot, only because I'm assuming both of you agreed to go for it. Just because I kept getting wildly conflicting things when I tried to find all of the possible moves for ultimate RPS, we're gonna do it my way instead:

- Both of you will send me one thing. I really don't care what it is. Just send me something.
- I will send to you whatever the other player submitted to me.
- After that, you will have 36hrs to submit your argument on why your choice is better than the others, and why I should pick it.
- Once I have decided the winner, I will post everything sent to me, (including my verdict), in the thread.
- The winner will be given 10 gems and 1,000,000,000 bread, and the loser gets nothing but depression and sadness.

However, do be warned: If somehow both of you send me the same exact thing, neither of you will win and the wager will be lost.

Good luck! You have 24hrs to submit your choice!

Ultimate RPS - James selection
James Brafin wrote:Tiny John Cena, Chuck Norris, and Dwane Johnson dressed in Kevlar piloting a fireproofed Sith Lord Constantine wielding a ion cannon and a +43 Adamantine Shield of Spontaneous Banana Generation, riding a unicorn wearing clogs and farting glitter rainbows.

Ultimate RPS - James Argument
Spoiler:
James Brafin wrote:Because frankly, A) my choice is way cooler, B) I am completely protected from the scissors by the shield and can vaporize them with my sword, C) my unicorn can just destroy the scissors with magic, and D) I have John Cena, Dwayne Johnson, and Chuck Norris to use the scissors against my foes, so they only add to my arsenal.

Plus, roundhouse kicks and pro wrestling.

Ultimate RPS - tw selection
the worst wrote:Scissors.

Ultimate RPS - tw argument
Spoiler:
the worst wrote:Do you need an argument? The decision is simple. But let me lay out for you why I have won this exchange on all levels.

1: I was stronger via social play, and advancement of the gamestate.

By publicly declaring my decision to play scissors, I forged a unique gamestate against someone I have never played with before. What decisions did he have?--to counter my proposed submission, thereby winning if I did take the perceived 'easy route'? Or to counter my counter to his counter, thereby risking walking into a trap if I actually did simply submit the answer I had declared that I would submit? I believe that my opponent has made the latter decision to counter by counter, and has therefore been outplayed by the trap which I elegantly designed.

2: Scissors objectively defeat James' submission.

This is true on all fronts. Under the guise of pathetic, conventional scissors I have discreetly hidden
the mighty

2773 modified kevlar scissors!!

Consider this:
2a) it can slice through kevlar like butter; tiny john cena, chuck norris and dwayne johnson stand no chance even with their pathetic kevlar defences. now you may say "hold on, dwayne johnson is the rock, therefore doesn't he beat scissors?" but absolutely not. i refer you to point two:
2b) refer to this section of the presented video. These scissors are virtually unbreakable, and slice through kevlar like butter. But I wouldn't expect you to take my word for it, so let's consult science.

The compressive strength of stone masonry walls is upwards of 1.00MPa.
On the contrary, the compressive strength of kevlar is upwards of 7.3MPa.
Allowing for the fact that this is mini Dwayne Johnson (i.e. scarcely the Rock; more like the Pebble) I would argue that his compressive strength is markedly lower; but that is beside the point.

The compressive strength of kevlar is over 7 times as high as the compressive strength of Dwayne Johnson, the Rock. therefore there is no reason why he would be able to defeat scissors which were created to defeat kevlar. arguing the contrary is akin to saying a goblin could best a dragon-slayer, because the goblin is not a dragon. foolishness!

Obviously, my path of destruction is not inhibited by fireproofness, nor is it inhibited by the Sith Lord Constantine. My mighty scissors would also not be phased by a measly ion cannon. Unicorns and bananas are nothing that would stand in the way of my scissors' rampage. So I will be sidelining those for the moment to address the final, more pressing concern: the +43 Adamantine Shield itself.

I would still argue that my scissors are the obvious victor here; they could simply move around the shield (whilst kevlar is light, an adamantine substance would clearly be very heavy and therefore difficult to pivot). Presumably after the defeat of my living opponents, I could just use their ion cannon against the admantine shield, presumably stopping its banana production capabilities. But this would not be necessary, I do not think.

Please note that the ability to outright destroy this shield is realistically not a factor in my decimation of Mr. Brafin; when his foot soldiers and weaponry lay slain, it shall be a mere banana-covered ornament for my scissors' trophy room.

3: The efficiency of my submission is greatly superior

From a mathematical standpoint:
My scissors can destroy James' entire armada (save for ARGUABLY the shield, but I argue that this does not matter). For the 12 items in James' submission, a pair of scissors can obliterate 11-12 of them. This is a destruction index of 1:11 which is outright incredible (91.67%-100.00% of James' submission is defeated).

On the contrary, in James' submission there is not a single item nor a combination of items capable of defeating my scissors. Therefore he has a destruction index of 12:0 (0.00% of my submission is defeated).

4: James' submission is technically invalid

- Both of you will send me
one thing
. I really don't care what it is. Just send me something.
Quoted for your reference: he has submitted 12 things.

5: I had no idea what i was doing and still won

No elaboration needed.
I didn't realise this wasn't RPS until I saw your PM, and then figured it was still just regular RPS but with a final judgement call from you.
From my perspective, the way I have approached this game was impeccably elegant, and yet I firmly argue that from both a social and a strategic perspective, I am the clear winner.

Ultimate RPS - Final Verdict
I formally declare
~the worst~
as the winner!

Reasoning:

Spoiler:
I mean, honestly, while I appreciate both of the arguments, honestly, when I saw TW's argument, I just couldn't stop laughing. It was just so absurd, that it'd be a sin to say that James won. If you're actually willing to put
that
much effort into a nonsensical argument, I will 100% give you the win.

And while both arguments do exactly what I've asked, TW just manages to do it so much better than James did. And that's why I gave it to TW.

Area because it looks better
@Winner: I will add the items to your character sheet later.
@Loser: I will remove the items from your character sheet later, however, you will have "Depression and Sadness" added to your items later.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by the worst »

well played James.. :lol:
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Korina »

System Message
NSMA the Human Tinker has been moved to the Inactive Player list. He will have 7 days to post an action before his character will retire, causing him to lose everything on that character, and forcing him to make a new character to continue playing.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Korina »

Combat
Nix (Sushi) will go first, followed by Ircher.

Nix (Sushi)'s avaible actions are:
Punch, Punch Harder, Grapple, Meditate, Defend, Surrender.
Ircher's available actions are:
Punch, Tome, Torch, Flashlight, Defend, Surrender.

Ircher's current HP is:
Nix's current HP is:

Combat History
Turn 1:

- Nix used Punch Harder, dealing 2 damage to Ircher, and 1 damage to themselves!
- Ircher used Torch, dealing 4 burn damage to Nix! Burn status was also inflicted for 1 turn!

Spoiler: Rolls

Rolls committed in Mod PT for simplicity. I will provide temp Mod PT access if requested by Ircher or Nix.
No idea why the photo is blurry either.

Turn 2:

- Nix takes 2 burn damage, but is no longer burned!

Nix
Punching will deal 1d4 damage.
Punching Harder will deal 1d8 damage, but will also inflict half of the damage to yourself.
Grappling will cause Ircher to roll with disadvantage for their next turn.1 2
Meditating will automatically cause you to deal double damage and take half damage on your next turn.2 3
Defending will reduce all incoming damage by half.
Surrendering will end the duel, and you will automatically lose.

Ircher
Tome will deal 1d6 damage and may inflict a random status effect.
Torch will set Nix on fire, dealing 1d4 damage, and inflicting half for 1d4 turns as burn damage.
Flashlight will blind Nix, causing them to roll with disadvantage for their next turn.1 2
Defending will reduce all incoming damage by half.
Surrendering will end the duel, and you will automatically lose.

footnotes
1 Rolling with disadvantage will cause you to roll two dice, and take the lowest value of the two. So, if you roll with disadvantage, and you get a one and a six, you'll take the one instead of the six.
2 Ability useable twice per battle.
3 Self-inflicted damage from punching harder is doubled, and ignores damage reduction.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Korina »

Felissan
Action:
Ask Hope about local civilization

Roll:

Original Roll String: 1d8
1 8-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by Korina »

Felissan
Result:
You successfully ask Hope about the local civilization. He angrily glares at you for a moment before finally telling you, "What? Just because I'm the closest thing you got to a mentor, you expect me to answer every single question you got? But fine since you asked nicely, the closest civilization you got is on the outskirts of the forest, about two-hundred or so paces west. It's a small, rural village, composed of about twenty people, most, if not all are merchants. It's a good starting place to try to figure out how to stop the Termination Process, or to just find local quests, if you want money to go buy things. Really, if you want to get better gear, find something better to do than watch the duck and orc tell an anthropomorphic, yellow dragon-dog hybrid that's literally god why their choice is objectively better than the other or watch the oni and human fight each other in a horribly balanced system, THAT THE GOD DOG SHOULD REALLY REBALANCE LATER, or do really anything outside of this forest, that village is where you should go. The village name as well is Fate Village, because most, if not all adventures end up there at some point, seemingly as if Fate pulled them there. At least, that's what I've heard, but the leader there is named Fate, and I really think he's egotistical, and just named it that to inflate his own ego."

Quests
New Quest: Find Fate Village.
Last edited by Korina on Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by Korina »

And yes, I do admit, the combat system is horribly balanced. It's on my list of things to-do.
Also included on my list of things to-do:
- Make an EXP system
- Make a storyline
- Make proper character sheets
- Update everything.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think I can think of anything else to do here.

Head to the surface
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:15 am

Post by James Brafin »

GAH NOO
GG, TW. Well done. That is one heck of an argument.
Go looking for food since there is none to have here.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:59 am

Post by Ircher »

tome
Links: User Page | GTKAS | Ratings
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 6/9]
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:05 am

Post by Felissan »

That settles it! Time to head to the village and start saving the world and fighting evil!

Hahahahaha! Did you really believe me?

Give a random villager recurring dreams of a duck granting wishes in the forest.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Oof, maybe not the best move on my part. Good thing it's just a friendly duel.

Action:
Meditate
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by Korina »

I'm gonna resolve when I get another action.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by the worst »

Where's my looting :c
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Also, that ultimate RPS was hilarious
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Look into Diogenes, a famous Greek philosopher, who was purported to have brought a plucked chicken to Plato's speech, where Plato defined a man as any "featherless, bipedal creature." In reply to Plato saying that, Diogenes held up the chicken and proclaimed "Behold! A man!"
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Korina »

I will resolve in a little bit. Sorry for delays.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:05 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

I look around and try to get my bearings.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Korina »

I will actually resolve in a little bit. Apologies for the delay, but I've just been busy.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Sushi Martyr »

In post 246, Korina wrote:I will actually resolve in a little bit. Apologies for the delay, but I've just been busy.
No worries, life happens. :D I shall wait with bated breath to see how my fight turned out (and don't worry about combat being unbalanced; if you're making it up on the fly, it makes sense there'd be some kinks in the system, and the element of randomness could still lead to surprising outcomes on occasion).
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Korina »

Hey guys, I'm putting this on hold for a few days. I've felt like shit, and I've been told it's a stomach bug. I will update actions as soon as I'm feeling better.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Ego
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”