Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 4, Votecount 9 wrote:3 eldarad (Tiger Twins, Yosarian2, hasdgfas)
1 Mizzy (eldarad)
1 Yosarian2 (Y)

3 Unvote (Andycyca, Mizzy, Skruffs)

8 alive; 5 to lynch.
Deadline progress wrote:3/5 - Skruffs, Tiger Twins, Yosarian2

23 hours and 4 minutes until the block ends.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Posty!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Post by Y »

I don't know about you, Yos, but I didn't see a NK for the last two nights, so I think the one so strongly in favor of a lynch, no matter what, is probably the scum, worried about the two nights he didn't kill and the no kill that will obviously follow.

What happened, Yos, you fail to kill during the night, so try so hard to kill during the day?
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Andycyca »

Pre-amalysis post
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Y wrote:I don't know about you, Yos, but I didn't see a NK for the last two nights, so I think the one so strongly in favor of a lynch, no matter what, is probably the scum, worried about the two nights he didn't kill and the no kill that will obviously follow.
You're completly missing the point, Y; I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not.

If we lynch every day, and the scum miss 1 more nightkill, then we have 4 chances to find the 3 scum. If we fail to lynch, then we can lose that chance. 4 chances to find the scum>3 chances to find the scum; it just inproves the town's odds.

Or, to put it another way, if we lynch correctly today and then the scum fail to kill, then tommorow we won't be in lynch or lose anymore. How is that not a good thing?

And who said anything about "wanting to lynch no matter what"? I want to lynch Eldred. He's pretty clearly scum at this point. Even in your very last post, you basically said that he was probably scum. When is it ever a good idea to no-lynch rather then lynch someone who's probably scum?

What, exactally, do we gain from a no-lynch today? And if you really think a no-lynch is the right move, then why are you voting for me instead of a no-lynch?

Honestly, I can't think of any explination for your sudden "Vote Yos because he dosn't want to no-lynch!' irrationality, except for thinking that you must be scum with Eldred, and you're suddenly worried because you're suddenly in trouble now that I've figured out who the scum are. If there's a chance the scum might miss more nightkills this game, then lynching today is CLEARLY a better option then no-lynching today, and I really have trouble believing that a pro-town Y wouldn't understand that. If you have a better explination for your actions, I'd like to hear it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, Guardian said he was going on vacation "in 3 or 4 days", and he said it 3 days ago. Without him, we won't reliably be able to keep the deadline going.

Can we PLEASE lynch the scum now, instead of letting the clock run out again?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:11 am

Post by eldarad »

/post
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Skruffs »

Oooh.
Yos just shot WAY up there....
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Skruffs wrote:Oooh.
For what, exactly?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Ether »

You feel rougher than you did a few minutes ago. Looking down, you realize that you are now wearing jeans. This would be fairly normal in some places, but Caret tends to be bigger on sweatpants. (Pantslessness comes into fashion every decade or so, but not right now.)
None
of you are wearing sweatpants anymore...except Andycyca.

He's the last target. He looks around, desperate to catch a glimpse of the thief so he can protect his pants. And he knows
you're
all eagerly watching for his pants to get switched. Finally, he leaps forward at a tree, seemingly at random. There's a quick scuffle, and then the elusive thief escapes back into the tree with his loot.

Andycyca takes a look at the rest of you and shouts, "Wait!

"Please give my friends their sweatpants back. I'll go home and give you some of mine. They're much nicer anyway. Just wait here."

TheSweatpantsNinja shrugs and jumps down again. The sack of sweatpants is still in the tree, where none of you can reach it. You're not as confident as Andycyca is that he'll be giving those back, but you can only hope.

TheSweatpantsNinja replaces Andycyca.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote:Oooh.
...um, care to clarify?
Tiger Twins
Tiger Twins
Townie
Tiger Twins
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Tiger Twins »

1/5

~Guardian
Friendly, Furry, and Ferocious!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

/post
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Mizzy »

I see nothing wrong with Yos' post, Skruffs...mind actually pointing out what makes you feel that way? I could have missed something, but somehow, I doubt it.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

So we're in a post or deadline situation? Consider this filler post, I'm only about halfway through the game. Skruffs and eldarad don't look good (ooh, foreshadowing!)
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 pm

[quote="yos"Yeah, a NL wouldn't be disastors today. I do think, though, that someone or something has probably prevented the scum from killing a couple of times (I don't know if it's items or a role or something); and so I would rather lynch in the hopes that at some point another kill will be prevented and then we'll get an extra lynch. [/quote]

First of all, I agree with yosarian2 (dammit!) here.

Early game, I didn't like skruffs tunnel vision of zindaras, and it seemed like a fairly weak argument. I also didn't like eldarad's coasting.

Then we get to the items, and, I mean, eldarad's behavior is exactly what I'd expect scum to do when given an item.

"Well, shit, I have a one-shot investigation, that's not doing me much good. Even if I claim it now, the town might not believe me. So I'll just keep quiet. Oh, wait, skruffs had an item? And they all believe him? I guess I investigated. . . rotten snitch. That won't tell them anything if they lynch me."

Hasdfgas' lurking seems out of character, so I guess he'd be my second choice, but I don't see any reason not to
vote eldarad.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Post by Y »

Yos, I don't want a no-lynch, but to be sure we make the right one. At this point, a no-lynch is better than a mislynch.

My logic is this: scum-lynch>no-lynch>mislynch. Since making a mistake could mean game over, I prefer to be sure before I actually get a lynch. I never said I'm pro-no-lynch, but that it's not such a horrible outcome as you make it seem, if the alternative is to lynch at all costs.

While I do agree that eldarad's play is scummy, I'm starting to see a pattern here: Every day we choose a player who's been playing horribly and did some stupid mistakes, we lynch him, he comes up town.

I'd also like you to explain where did you get the number of chances we got. I can't seem to follow your logic on that.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:44 am

Post by eldarad »

TSPN wrote:Early game, I didn't like skruffs tunnel vision of zindaras, and it seemed like a fairly weak argument. I also didn't like eldarad's coasting.
How was I coasting in the early game? Or do you think all the flak I got on Day 2 about the Capri lynch was unfounded?
TSPN wrote:Then we get to the items, and, I mean, eldarad's behavior is exactly what I'd expect scum to do when given an item.

"Well, shit, I have a one-shot investigation, that's not doing me much good. Even if I claim it now, the town might not believe me. So I'll just keep quiet. Oh, wait, skruffs had an item? And they all believe him? I guess I investigated. . . rotten snitch. That won't tell them anything if they lynch me."
There's a disconnect in your thought process there - I either made up the result, or I actually used the item. I can't do both/neither.
Plus, you seem to have missed the point that it wasn't a one-shot cop. Unless you know that the scum are werewolves, in which case I'll defer to your judgement.
Yosarian wrote:I do find it interesting that you've been mostly attacking me for quite a while now, and yet now you turn back and vote mizzy instead, right after Skruffs says he "thinks she's scum".
1. Consensus lynches are the only lynches we can get during the deadline phase
2. I think Mizzy and Yos are scumbuddies. In the absence of any additional information I will contribute to either or both lynches to the extent that they look possible. I also think it's really important that the artifical restriction created by Yos' "list" is broken down ASAP.
So if that means moving my vote across to you, Yos, then I have no problem with that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Y wrote:Yos, I don't want a no-lynch, but to be sure we make the right one. At this point, a no-lynch is better than a mislynch.

My logic is this: scum-lynch>no-lynch>mislynch. Since making a mistake could mean game over, I prefer to be sure before I actually get a lynch. I never said I'm pro-no-lynch, but that it's not such a horrible outcome as you make it seem, if the alternative is to lynch at all costs.
Ok...but how would waiting another day help us be any more sure then we are right now? I mean, if the scum kill, the scum will probably just kill off one of the confirmed, so that dosn't help us eliminate anyone.

Y wrote: While I do agree that eldarad's play is scummy, I'm starting to see a pattern here: Every day we choose a player who's been playing horribly and did some stupid mistakes, we lynch him, he comes up town.
(shrug) Well, you know, the town is not always going to be right. We still have to try, though. And in Eldred's case, I don't think that "pro-town person who's made a few mistakes" is really a likely explination here, do you?
I'd also like you to explain where did you get the number of chances we got. I can't seem to follow your logic on that.
Ok...assume for the momement there are 3 scum left. If the town lynches every day and the scum kill every night, then we basically have to hit scum 3 times out of 3 to win; we have 3 lynches left to find 3 scum. (Lynch scum, scum kills, tommorow 2 scum out of 6; lynch scum, scum kills, next day 1 scum out of 4). However, if we lynch (hopefully scum) and the scum miss a kill, then tommorow it's they'll be 7 people left (if we hit scum, it'd be 2 scum out of 7; then we lynch again, making it 5 people left when the scum kill, and get one more lynch making it 3 people left), so we'd then have 4 lynches left instead of 3; basically, we get an "extra lynch" that way. So if we lynch every day, and the scum miss a kill somewhere along the line, then we get 4 lynches left, instead of just 3.

On the other hand, if we no-lynch and the scum miss a kill, then it dosn't help us the way it would if we lynch and the scum miss a kill; instead we'd just be in the same situation we are in today.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

eldarad wrote: I also think it's really important that the artifical restriction created by Yos' "list" is broken down ASAP.
Of course want to break down my "list", because you know I'm right, and you know that if the town listens to me you're probably going to lose.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Y »

Yosarian2 wrote:Ok...but how would waiting another day help us be any more sure then we are right now? I mean, if the scum kill, the scum will probably just kill off one of the confirmed, so that dosn't help us eliminate anyone.
I'll say it again: I'm not saying a no-lynch is the best option, but that not lynching wrong is crucial. If we end up in an unwanted situation, I'd prefer it to be a no-lynch than a mislynch, so delaying a vote here seems to me a better option that voting too soon.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:03 pm

eldarad wrote: There's a disconnect in your thought process there - I either made up the result, or I actually used the item. I can't do both/neither.
Plus, you seem to have missed the point that it wasn't a one-shot cop. Unless you know that the scum are werewolves, in which case I'll defer to your judgement.
Maybe you did use it on RS. But if you did, why didn't you say something? Hell, you could have used it on someone else and just don't want to give us the information. I just don't see a pro-town reason not to claim that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eldred wrote:There's a disconnect in your thought process there - I either made up the result, or I actually used the item. I can't do both/neither.
Well, how about "you may have used it, or you may have made it up, but you certanly didn't act like a pro-town person who had a one-shot investigative item would act"? I don't know if you used it or not, but even if you're telling the truth here, that would mean you did NOT act in a pro-town way here.
...really? You really don't know if the scum are warewolves? Let's take a look at Ether's first flavor post, third post in the game, ok?

Ether wrote:Disclaimer: a player's appearance in cutscenes is not affected by its in-game role and/or alignment. Don't try it.

You have a horrible, scary night. If you get any sleep at all, it involves nightmares of being torn apart by werewolves, with only a fancy Ellipsese graphing calculator to defend yourself. Finally, you get out of the house, into the safety of the majority.

You see someone else--Rotten Snitch--tap a large man he probably doesn't know very well on the shoulder and whisper, "Watch my back."

In a very loud voice which you are
sure
will draw werewolves, that idiot, the man replies, "Huh?"

"From the werewolves!"

"Oh. Um. Okay."

Appalled by the ignorance, Skruffs jumps in at this point. "You know, the werewolves! They killed the mayor!"

Rotten Snitch stares at him. "Wait, they killed the mayor?!"

Skruffs shrugs. "Missing. But there was that girl who was running around shouting about werewolves earlier. She's also not here. Maybe they killed
her.
"

"No, the shipments of Seizure Party 6 just came in."

"Oh." Skruffs considers this for a few minutes. "So...nobody's actually dead."

"Strappado is dead."

Rotten Snitch glares at the laughing NPC who's supposed to be protecting him. "Look, maybe she was kind of feral, and maybe she did sleep on my doorstep a few times, but she meant well. She left me a squirrel once. And she had a steady day job as an insurance agent--it'd be stupid to sell everyone insurance and
then
kill them."

"I'm out of here," the NPC says. In fact, it turns out that very few people are interested in saving Caret. And there are others like JDodge who would have helped, but got wrapped up in the Seizure Party surplus instead. Soon, there are only eleven of you crazies left standing in your little lynchcrowd.

But you know it's up to you.

Strappado (Gaoler) is dead. It is now Day 1; with 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Game goes to deadline on Wednesday, at March 18, 3:00 am GMT.

(EDIT: deadline moved up.)
Many, many of the mod's flavor posts discuss warewolves. Your item has a warewolf flavor. Meanwhile, I don't see any mod flavor that mentions anything about mafia; I don't see any mention of anyone being shot or anything like that. Could you explain why you were in so much doubt about the scum being warewolves that you thought your night investigation to find out if someone was a warewolf wasn't even worth mentioning?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”