Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4026 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4021, Dunnstral wrote:How can you know that there won't be another kill tonight, taking it to 5 people alive?
I don't.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4027 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 414, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 356, skitter30 wrote:? i don't really see much townie in vork's push there .... ?
Vorkuta's push was bad, but I don't see scum motivation there?
In post 416, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 356, skitter30 wrote:??? why is this a scummy entrance ....?
if anything i can see the post about timezones to be a scummy entrance of this kind but why is *this* post scummy?
I quoted this one because I was making the comparison to the greeting tell, but I should have quoted the second one as well, yes.
In post 418, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 363, skitter30 wrote:so the fact that you're townreading things i find scummy is beginning to concern me
flipping on reads is a town tell, yea? especially abruptly and in the absence of an obvious catalyst
In post 421, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 387, skitter30 wrote:never played with him, idk his meta
good tone, some of his posts just feel really townie, don't think scum decide to lolwagon someone they'd just declared a scumread; they're usually more conscientious about this sort of thing
that's part of my town read on vorkuta, ya =P
This string doesnt clear skitter. But I think it does help? Its shallow discussion across several players. But, look at the last post. While urap tries to make it about Vork, its actually about teacher when read in context. urap is defending vork hard. The question is whether he knows much about vork's play.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4028 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by pisskop »

Whether youre a paranoid shaking jesus or not, consider that fmpov he's already used cinnslot to progress the gamestate. Here, he isnt using vork in the same way.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4029 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by pisskop »

This looks like unabashed WKing to me. Town or scum, vork was WKed
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4030 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 644, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 465, Detective Pikachu wrote:I dislike nom's early iso but the vork+ stuff makes me think she's more null than null-scum, the vork unvote revote would almost make me lean town if I didn't dislike the bujaber vote from earlier
the bujaber vote was good and more people should be voting there!

why are they town?
He's now using vork explicitly as a means to push buj.

The question is if townvork would recognize he is being pocketed, and who else should have seen it.

This is the first time DP and urap have directly interacted, afaik. Missing the more important half of the game means I wont catch this shit.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4031 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by pisskop »

The other question is if urap hard defends buddies. And he is defending. he isnt attacking people who sr them.

he questions why, but then uses parallels from vorks iso to try to push townvork/scum[buj].

^^^^
that
seeing myself type it, is slimely af
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4032 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by pisskop »

VOTE: vork
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4033 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by pisskop »

Hot Take:

- urap defends vork like its a White Flag game because vork get murderated before lylo due to his playstyle
- urap and vork are teamed with another, less sociable or more lurky player.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4034 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 646, u r a person 2 wrote:I think it reads kinda tmi actually. the tone is too confident and i don't like the talking about pl'ing later

i mean, if you really think it out, and buj is presenting as if he has, it's bad play for town to pl the miller claim right before lylo consistently. Ideally, town wants there to be some chance that they won't do that so that scum will consider night killing the miller if it's real. So I'd expect a player like buj to assert a town read and then wait until the day before lylo or whatever to push a PL if scum hasn't killed there.
I
want to
say that this implies an attempt to sway a player, not theatre.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4035 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 653, u r a person 2 wrote:This whole line of questioning seems bad. What are you trying to gain from this?

Assuming (because I'm not the one who is going to do the meta fact checking lol), that vorkuta linked a game where town fake claimed miller in his links for games where scum had fake claimed miller

Is that alignment-indicative? if so, why? Because I don't really think it is
again. Ditto to above post
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4036 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 4033, pisskop wrote:- urap defends vork like its a White Flag game because vork get murderated before lylo due to his playstyle
I feel this is a reach.

And I know it's a reach because I could think of other reasons why urap would be defending a scum partner really hard.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4037 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by pisskop »

Such as?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4038 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Urap flipped goon.

Defending a partner could mean they're a scum PR.

That feels like a logical approach. That's also that approach that made me guess urap was a bus mostly and that scums were ready to bus him. And that's why I have doubts about Skitter.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4039 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 660, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 564, nomnomnom wrote:I guess I'll give Vork this point, it's that people only followed Vork's case when Skitter appeared in the thread and made that case despite me presenting the exact same arguments. THAT is strange.
If Vorkuta is town, would you say that makes skitter town?

Like, is it some combination of scum and town following town skitter? or do you think the same thing happens in a world with scum!skitter?
A prod at skitter, but not really an association.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4040 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 4038, nomnomnom wrote:Urap flipped goon.

Defending a partner could mean they're a scum PR.

That feels like a logical approach. That's also that approach that made me guess urap was a bus mostly and that scums were ready to bus him. And that's why I have doubts about Skitter.
fair enough. Im glad I didnt assume you were upset I called vork's playstyle loose.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4041 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 664, u r a person 2 wrote:saladman reads are pretty townie overall i think
This is about the first time salad is mentioned at all . . .

and I want to add that atp in the game I more or less agree based on my previous read.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4042 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I feel like the lack of interaction with DP/Urap is much more worthy to look at, honestly. Scums often betray themselves when they avoid talking to each other, or about each other.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4043 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 663, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 606, Saladman27 wrote:Cinn was townlean because of the whole vorkuta reaching fiasco
cinn is town because vorkuta made a reachy scum case against them?
:igmeou:

You see this? This is where I would have known for sure that vork was a bud. He just crossed that line.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4044 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by pisskop »

Spoiler: skitter and urap over 12 minutes
In post 664, u r a person 2 wrote:saladman reads are pretty townie overall i think
In post 665, skitter30 wrote:ok, why are they townie?
In post 667, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 634, skitter30 wrote:i think i had townvibes earlier on salad, i kinda lost them
i just went in the opposite direction, so... why? =P
In post 668, skitter30 wrote:i mean that's why i'm asking why you like his reads ... to me they read kinda banal and like the reasons were nonsensical/didn't actually explain the read
In post 669, skitter30 wrote:urap do u think i should be townreading u here?
In post 670, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 651, skitter30 wrote:i can see buj sincerely believing that policying the miller claim day before lylo is optimal

(i just saw him park on someone he was townreading because they claimed scum so)
I guess. That whole post pings me tho. Like, the idea of rushing a post in the middle of the meeting to make sure your town read gets out there a week or whatever before eod? I see a scum motivation for that, but not really a town one outside of exuberance for playing the game~

I could see scum wanting to make sure they were out ahead of them becoming a consensus town read for credit tho

do you think I'm way off base here?
In post 671, u r a person 2 wrote:
you're asking about saladman, ya?
In post 672, skitter30 wrote:i don't really have a strong read on him rn
don't really see the scumread that you're pushing really atm; none of it has been really compelling to me

i guess if i had to articulate a read i'd say ~nulltown but it's not strong

pedit yeah
In post 673, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 666, Nero Cain wrote:
His first set of reads or his second? or both?
oh I see what you guys are asking

I'm talking about the reads he gave in 605-610. He's laying it all out there on request, in fairly short order. Some of them, like the read on nom I think show a townie thought process and solving. There's no immediately identifiable scum agenda outside of trying to get himself town read.
In post 674, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 668, skitter30 wrote:i mean that's why i'm asking why you like his reads ... to me they read kinda banal and like the reasons were nonsensical/didn't actually explain the read
yes, I agree that a bunch of them were like that. Should I expect dramatically more from town!saladman?
In post 676, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 669, skitter30 wrote:urap do u think i should be townreading u here?
of course not :cool:
In post 678, skitter30 wrote:no idea, never played with him before

the reasons he gave kinda sounded like he made them up on the spot tho
like he didn't have conviction behind most of his reads and when pressured, his reads defaulted to 'well i guess other people were townreading them so i will too' etc
In post 681, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 678, skitter30 wrote:no idea, never played with him before

the reasons he gave kinda sounded like he made them up on the spot tho
like he didn't have conviction behind most of his reads and when pressured, his reads defaulted to 'well i guess other people were townreading them so i will too' etc
I agree that he did that. I'll take another look tonight or tomorrow. I just wanted to catch up here rq but today was busy and tomorrow is going to be too
In post 683, skitter30 wrote:ok, let me know what u think when u get a chance :)

I have a small issue talking so in depth here, because when people realize Im not stupid and can put in the work they always expect me to do it :\
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4045 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by pisskop »

Lets start basic:

They begin their convos with half-committments [there's a grammatical word for this thing], like 'I guess' and 'I mean'.
'ok', and the like. 'should I tr you'. Soft ball questions, banal agreements that confirm that something strictly happened.
And they both part ways. but they made special time here.

Id be interested in knowing who Skit is pushing here, because their talk is ultimately inconsequential and about a lurker.

Yea, this looks like it was made to cross-talk without a PT. not going to lie. but not committed to a skit sr yet.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4046 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by pisskop »

The signals are all there. Skit opens vague and softs a question, they talk across several wavelengths, and then they clearly state they are leaving their computer.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4047 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by pisskop »

Shit. Skit you need to get in here and tell me a story.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4048 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 886, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 417, skitter30 wrote:i mean idk if i inherently see scum motivation (ie why go out to kill the miller claim? idk) but like ... he was pushing the miler claim from the angle that it's scum fake-claiming and it just seems so improbable here that i'm having trouble seeing why he'd even think that
I just grabbed the first related quote I found but this whole argument I found suspect. Skitter have disagreed plenty on reads, and I sometimes think she is a bit stubborn holding onto her reads, so I don't think this is necessarily out of her town range

but it doesn't make sense to me to argue that vorkuta should have considered that cinn could have been town fake claiming

while also saying that it's implausible that cinn would fake claim as scum

there's at least one other thing that I remember pinging me
I mean, there's also this. This is an extension of their earlier convo, and I'm not sure if its needed for ScumTheatre
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4049 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 4042, nomnomnom wrote:I feel like the lack of interaction with DP/Urap is much more worthy to look at, honestly. Scums often betray themselves when they avoid talking to each other, or about each other.
In post 1136, u r a person 2 wrote:this is a townie post
Well. They do have a few. One about hydraing together even.

A scum DP is possible.

Dunn, by comparison, is much less mentioned. But Id expect scum to have some interactions rather than a conspicuous lack.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”