Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

Kirari why did you pick a deliberately scummy avatar; are you winning too many games on your main? Too boring?

LuckyOtter's positioning with respect to RF indeed looks like a plausible SvS.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:08 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1685, popsofctown wrote:It wasn't forgetting, it was a false reconstructed memory. The reported occurrence was "placing an unvote on creature with the reasoning that he's town in a different game". The analogue to that would be when you tell a 5 year old every other week that they went to Disneyland when they were 4, usually they'll eventually generate some false memories to match what you tell them. That doesn't happen to townies all the time because it's a rare occurrence in adults and 5 year olds aren't playing mafia.

Yes, as town he would be equally likely to forget when Creature flipped and therefore how useful the lie is... but like that's not what's on trial.

You and DeasVail (and so did RedFlavor but it's a cranial ego self-defense mechanism I'd positive I'd talk myself out of it being a real tell too) keep splitting apart the action "unvoting Creature while considering the fact he's town in a different game" into its component part so that either alignment can forget the order of the opponents. It has to be considered one indivisible action that did or didn't happen.

I am probably wasting threadspace with this because the player I wanted dead is dead and I had extra votes but I really don't get how people don't get it.
Pops, I don’t know if I agree entirely but I get what you’re saying and obviously you were right and I was wrong. Regardless, I can (naturally) totally understand why someone would have a similar reaction to the wagon to what I did.

The main reason for the Montosh placement in my rough reads breakdown is I remember liking them early in the game but they’ve made less of an impression recently (I think it’s common for scum to start strong and fizzle) but I liked them early game for a reason obviously and that might still be valid. When I have time I’ll go through Montosh more specifically paying attention to Red/Creature interactions but I’m more likely to favour Otter-scum here. I completely agree with Kirari re: the Red vote.

Also keen to hear from Vork why they are conftown.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Kirari Momobami »

I created this account for a game where Yumeko and Mary were playing so we'd have an animu meme trifecta

then I just found it kinda fun to play this character so I decided to keep going
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

Hi folks. Recovering from 4th holiday. Hoping to post something of substance tonight
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Vote Count 3.1Not Voting(5)Montosh,LuckyOtter,Kublai Khan,ofrhz,DeasVail,

Montosh(2)Nero Cain,rosterfoster,

LuckyOtter(2)Kirari Momobami,popsofctown,

ofrhz(2)nomnomnom,Jesus Louisus,

BodhiSmith13
DeasVail(2)Alchemist21,Vorkuta,

Jesus Louisus(0)

Vorkuta(0)

rosterfoster(0)

Saudade
Lil Uzi Vert
popsofctown(0)

EvilDeanius
Eyes without a face(0)

Alchemist21(0)

HeWhoSwims
nomnomnom(0)

Nero Cain(0)

Kublai Khan(0)

Kirari Momobami(0)

No Lynch(0)

With 13 alive it is 7 to lynch.

Day 3 will end in (expired on 2019-07-11 13:10:00) or when a lynch has been achieved.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Montosh »

VOTE: ofrhz

Just sheeping townreads, though not to the point where I'm voting with them since they're voting for me. Well one of them is. Nero I'm not so sure about but he's probably just irritating me. Probably not actually scum though.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

what an excellent catchup
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Montosh »

I'm confused that wasn't a catchup?
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why vote when you aren't caught up?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Also, bettlejuice much? 2 minutues is a fast time to respond to my criticism

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like you've been sitting here for the last 2 hours and you haven't been giving your thoughts on the tail end of yesterday/today?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

can we kill this guy yet?

LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 1639, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1565, Kirari Momobami wrote:DeasVail -- between the DV/LO 1v1 I think I'd do LO first since I liked DV's reads early game, but that feeling has waned a bit. I don't like 708 as much as I did on day 1 since he paired me with creature which is the kind of "let's put my scum townread with a town in case I flip so it's not obvious" thing you see from scum a lot, also so much of the iso is irt LO I'm kinda... hmm
oh by the way for what it's worth the reason I paired you with Creature was because you had both claimed/soft-claimed stuff and my plan was to wait for further info before considering either of you as scum.

--

As for where I'm at from a quick glance through,

Town: Pops, Kublai, roster, Alch
Less Town: Nero Cain, Kirari, ofrhz
Less Scum: Montosh, nomnom, Jesus
Scum: Vorkuta, Otter

My first thought is that I kinda townread the twilight posting from Kirari and ofrhz?
In the case of Kirari, the vote on Red after he was obviously hammered is pretty weird from scum and seems more jokey than anything else.
And with ofrhz, my expectation is that she would realise her buddy was hammered and avoid doing some weird waffly pseudo-defense.
Buttt I'm going to think these through more when I'm not about to sleep because my usual approach to townreading people has not really held up so far here.

I do generally disagree with the blanket wagon clearing also. I think that the way that someone votes a person (and the situation) can be pretty town-indicative, but the Creature wagon in particular is not something I believe scum would have necessarily avoided. In particular my Vorkuta concern is that they were cheerleading that wagon without actually contributing to it.

I'll be giving this more thought tomorrow morning.
Why is Jesus so low on your list? Red threw around some useless votes this game including on Creature but seemed pretty intent on getting Jesus lynched.
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

Is the skitter thing the only reason people are wanting to clear Montosh? I can see scum faking that.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

kirari is arguing that doesn't come from scum. I really don't know what others are doing. This game is a prodge fest now.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

tinfoil: montosh is the last team scum and Kirari is the SK that's trying to keep him alive so we hunt team scum and not the sk

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and
In post 1671, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 134, Montosh wrote:Yeah you've got it wrong. I do legit scumread Creature. To be fair, I always scumread Creature a bit.
Hedging on Creature
makes some sense to me

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Why would an SK claim on day 1.... oh wait I see how that works
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 854, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vote Count 1.9
Kop
Niko(5)Kirari Momobami,Eyes without a face,ofrhz,Nero Cain,Kublai Khan,

Vorkuta(4)Montosh,pisskop,Niko,RedFlavor,

Creature(3)Vorkuta,Jesus Louisus,Alchemist21,

HeWhoSwims(2)LuckyOtter,rosterfoster,

Jesus Louisus(1)Lil Uzi Vert,

Not Voting(1)DeasVail,

Nero Cain(1)HeWhoSwims,

RedFlavor(1)Creature,

Saudade
Lil Uzi Vert(0)

EvilDeanius
Eyes without a face(0)

rosterfoster(0)

pisskop(0)

Montosh(0)

LuckyOtter(0)

ofrhz(0)

Alchemist21(0)

BodhiSmith13
DeasVail(0)

Kublai Khan(0)

Kirari Momobami(0)

No Lynch(0)

With 18 alive it is 10 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-06-26 13:21:00)
As the Niko wagon is growing here, Red is voting Vork, which makes me pretty confident they are not scum together. I'd also bet that there's already scum on the Niko wagon at this point and Red is trying to sit elsewhere. This actually makes me think he's not scum with Montosh.

I'm looking at either Kirari or ofrhz. Kublai is still kinda null for me and Nero is solid town.
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

If Red and Montosh are scum together, why wouldn't Red just jump on the Niko wagon there?
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 1174, Kirari Momobami wrote:
In post 194, Creature wrote:VOTE: Vorkuta
In post 606, Creature wrote:VOTE: HWS
In post 713, Creature wrote:VOTE: RedFlavor
Creature pretty much always does some low-grade bussing/distancing day 1 as scum right?

These all feel pretty low-impact to me, even if the HWS vote got some traction

@nomnom what do you think of vork and red?
Really the only thing that looks like it might not be Kirari. This doesn't really put Red in that much danger but it's drawing unnecessary attention to a slot that is not going to benefit from having attention drawn to it.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Kirari Momobami »

In post 1719, LuckyOtter wrote:If Red and Montosh are scum together, why wouldn't Red just jump on the Niko wagon there?
why would he?
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1719, LuckyOtter wrote:If Red and Montosh are scum together, why wouldn't Red just jump on the Niko wagon there?
Your question is backwards. If scum!Montosh part of the 5 votes then it's more likely that Nikomislynch is at risk of not truly occurring because a high number of mistaken townies is needed. Since scum!Montosh actually wasn't part of the five votes it is more likely that RedFlavor could keep his hands clean of the mislynch whilst the mislynch still occurs.

Fun tinfoil hat thought: the it's 3 scum + a traitor and they scum are informed that a traitor is in the game, so nobody in the scumteam wanted to vote Niko because they interpreted the scumclaim entrance to the game as a traitor claim.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't actually think Not Known 15 works as the mod for that though from what I know of him so far would just leave the scumteam in the dark on it.
"Well, I..."
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 1721, Kirari Momobami wrote:
why would he?
Keep pressure away from Creature

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”