MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

The Jester wrote:Dahill1, what would be the point of hammering you before others post?

What if someone wants to say, "I don't think dahill1 is the assassin."?

Speed lynches are bad, I don't know of a set-up that likes them, personally I don't believe I've ever been in one. This set-up is not an exception.

We also have WIFOM, so this game is slightly different then the last.

More reasons, less paranoia, don't think you should stress about those things, it's not in your position to.
What would be the purpose for the town to keep dahill alive until others post? Seriously.

Whether people want to say if they think dahill is the assassin is pretty much irrelevant . Once someone's come along as far as dahill (-1), they're not much good to the town. They're either the assassin, or a just a player who the assassin now suspects isn't the king... and all the WIFOM in the world is unlikely to change that.

IMO, we might as well find out what dahill is and go from there.

unvote, vote: dahill1
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:26 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Korlash wrote:
Undersea creature wrote: What would be the purpose for the town to keep dahill alive until others post? Seriously.

Whether people want to say if they think dahill is the assassin is pretty much irrelevant . Once someone's come along as far as dahill (-1), they're not much good to the town. They're either the assassin, or a just a player who the assassin now suspects isn't the king... and all the WIFOM in the world is unlikely to change that.

IMO, we might as well find out what dahill is and go from there.
this was an argument of mine last game. Personally I'm not all that sure of Dahill being the assassin, not sure why but his last couple of posts have tweeked me a little. I could be wrong but it wont be hard to lynch him whenever.

So, while there is still a chance hes the assassin, lynching him just because is irrelevant.

The argument: "The assassin now knows you are not the king" is the dumbest reason to lynch someone. If the assassin already knows he isnt the king, then how does killing him help? we lose him as a player who can help out the king.

So, if youw ant him lynched, please use the ecusse "because he may be the assassin" and not "becuase the assassin knows he isnt the king" becuase those are two totally different reasons to lynch someone.

Personally I would rather have dahill trying to figure out the assassin then the jester. And as they are both equal in my eyes, that makes one of them more worthy of a vote.
To keep the king's ID concealed, it's been established that contentful posts are bad. This can make it pretty difficult for the town as a whole to find scum. Observing scummy behavior might be easy for an individual player, but calling that behavior out to the town isn't, as it has the potential to give away the king's identity.

While there's essentially a common thread, in that the town knows who the king is, everyone is kind of playing in a vaccuum of sorts... forced to go after others without really saying why, and hoping that others see what you see. Because of this, an individual player's biggest contribution to the cause is to help keep the king's identity concealed.

Once someone's been run up the flagpole as far as dahill, there's no point in bringing them back down IMO. There's a decent chance that they may be the assassin, but if not, the assassin knows who they aren't. Since it's suspicious behavior that got them run up the pole in the first place, it's worth taking the look.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:46 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Holy wrote:
MadCrawdad wrote:Once someone's been run up the flagpole as far as dahill, there's no point in bringing them back down IMO. There's a decent chance that they may be the assassin, but if not, the assassin knows who they aren't. Since it's suspicious behavior that got them run up the pole in the first place, it's worth taking the look.
If what's in your mind is truly for that slight chance of dahill may be the assassin, there's no need to explain your vote like this, and explain further of why we should ride it with you. It's not like we will call you and ask for reasons when you cast your votes... (We might just bandwagon you for it, hmm...). With your belief for dahill's
(suspicious behavior)
chance being the assassin, maybe sometime I'll just hammer him without warning when I've seen the same light that you've seen though...

But if you want to hang dahill because of the argument "he's been exposed too far", deep in your mind you're suspecting him as guard which been exposed "obviously not king" for the assassin, isn't it?
If dahill's hanged and turned as guard, what's the difference with the suspicion of dahill as useless guard now? He won't be that useless, he can still vote. That's the difference.

Right..?
if you feel strongly that someone is not the assassin then you shouldn't vote for them
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

PokerFace wrote:In the large AITP2, Yosarian2 states some good opinions about letting everyone check in before we speed lynch.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32#1007232
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 78#1007278
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 57#1007357

And I will also be going on a vacation later this week. Check my sig.
This actually seems to be decent argument AGAINST the practice of speed-lynching, which currently has Voodo on the hotseat.

Also, agree with earlier comment about not posting lists... lists are bad any way you look at it.

vote: farside

On a couple of occasions she looks to be trying to set up the next day's lynch in advance. How can you claim speed-lynching is bad, and at the same time try to set up tomorrow's lynch?
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:51 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

dahill1 wrote:rivalling bandwagons=bad
either MCD isn't looking hard enough or the assassin
Because I can't see what you see on Voodo? When did it become the overall plan for everyone to jump on and lynch the first person called out each day?
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

PokerFace wrote:Only way MCD could know and say dahill wasn't the king out loud was if he knew the assassin was not on his wagon. And the only way he could know the assassin wasn't on the wagon was if he was the assassin.
As long as the assassin wasn't the one to put the dahill at -1, he could still be on the wagon... Either way, stupid post on my part as it brought lots of attention my way and ended up sounding really anti-town.
PokerFace wrote: GG everyone. Oman is cool for AITP1 mini, Rishi is cool for the good flavor and modding, MCD is cool for giving us a good challenge. And everyone else is cool for being who they are.
GG. Wish I would have lasted a little longer or at least known that Poker was king when lynched :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”