July Title Event: Title Troll

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

July Title Event: Title Troll

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Post by mastina »

This is the title event thread for July.
To make a normal nomination using the usual standard title nomination metrics, go here.
To discuss events, go here.

Title Troll:

AKA, "Post ITT to receive a title"

For the duration of this month, players may post in this thread and ask to receive a title.
In contrast to the April Entitlement event, instead of the scummer themselves asking for a specific title, I, mastina, the title fairy, will bestow upon the user a title.

Scummers are not allowed to request a specific title; if you ask for something specific, I will just not give you a title at all.
Scummers are not allowed to request
not
having something as their title; if you ask to be titled but specify "just don't give me X", I will just not give you a title at all.
Unless I specifically request the help (I may run into situations where I lack inspiration), scummers are not allowed to suggest titles for other scummers.

For the duration of this event, scummers that have requested titles may have their title changed by me multiple times, if on a whim I decide on a different title being a better event title for them.

Scummers are not allowed to request a different title, however, once they have received an event title from me. The only options a scummer has are "opt in" or "opt out" (having their event title removed); once they opt out, they can't opt back in.

Scummers who already have a title may or may not receive a new title, depending on my whims. I might give them an event title based off of an alternative title suggestion (e.g. Aristophanes-->Mr. Brightside, Aristophanes-->Mr. Blue Sky, Chickadee-->Pew Pew); I might just leave them with their current title because they already have one; I might give them an entirely new title. So if you already have a title, you may end up sorely disappointed.

In short:
What differentiates this event from Entitlement?

In Entitlement, YOU got to chose YOUR title. During Title Troll, it's ME choosing your title. Your ONLY feedback is whether you decide to drop the title early or not; you get no say in what title I come up for you whatsoever. If you don't like what I come up with, you can ask for it to be removed, but I'm not going to then allow you to get a different one.

I may change titles I've already given, but IF I do so, it'll be on my own whims, NOT because of scummers complaining/giving feedback.

In short, this event is far more dictatorial; I hold absolute power over all the titles given out.

Until:
What happens after the event has finished?

From the week after this event ends, August 1st - August 7th, there will be a review period.
During this review period, if enough people vote to keep a title and the person still approves of the title, then it will stay. (About five votes will be needed to stay.)

You may only vote to keep 1/6th of the total scummer titles generated from this event. (If 6 scummers, you get one vote; 12 scummers, two votes; 24, four votes, etc.)
You
may
cross-vote

If a scummer has more than one event title,
voting for more than one of them will
not
count as one of your votes
. (I.e., if for Aristophanes there were the titles "Mr. Brightside", "Mr. Blue Skies", and "Bust so hard", voting for all three would count as
one
vote, not three.)
That is to say, how many votes you possess are per scummer, not per title. (The scummer will keep whichever gets the most votes, unless more than one title crosses the threshold, in which case they get to choose which of the ones with the necessary votes to keep. So if Aristophanes got seven on Mr. Blue Skies and only 3-4 on the others, he'd be offered Mr. Blue Skies; if he got 6 on Mr. Bright Side and Mr. Blue Skies but only 3 on Bust so Hard, he'd get to choose between Mr. Brightside and Mr. Blue Skies; if all three got 6 votes, he'd get a choice between all three. And, of course, regardless of all this, he could at any time opt out and not receive an event title.)
Otherwise, voting remains the same as in Entitlement.

Titles not receiving sufficient support will, on August 8th, be removed.

Event End: (expired on 2019-08-01 03:07:43)

Event Titles:

Krazy
- Kat
Zaphkael
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Gamma Emerald
- Undiscovered
Firebringer
- Roar
(From "Trail Blazer")

RedFlavor
- You Better Know
SleepyKrew
- Did His Job
(From "Snark Attack")

---
Creature
- Of Habit
(From "Transparent")

Errantparabola
- Jacket of All Trades
(From "Composed. (COTM winner.))

singletonking
- Plays Mafia
Ankamius
- Taking Back the Town
Ankamius
- Stop Killing Yourself
Cheetory6
- Colorful
McMenno
- Aren't we all
---
Annadog40
- All Work and Roleplay
(From "Waiting in the Sky")

Pine
- Chopped Down
(From "In Your Head")

Skygazer
- Let's Get To Know...
Maruchan
- passportent
TheWayItEnds
- Someone Dies
Irrelephant11
- In the room
(From "COTM 2018 Winner")

---
Ircher
- What A Grand Idea
Inferno390
- Host of Hosts
vonflare
- d00t
(From "doot")

Chemist1422
- Stable Reaction
Oversoul
- I tried to say
nomnomnom
- Title Title Title
---
PenguinPower
- Pongwin
xzzzy
- xwvut
(From "comical third option")

RadiantCowbells
- Beat It
(From "Smooth Criminal")

RadiantCowbells
- People tried
(From "Smooth Criminal")

the worst
- That's me?
(From "Snuggly Duckling (Rising Star)")

Raskolnikov
- Thanks
BulletNLynchproof
- Mods/Reviews Games
(From "Micro Madness")

---
animorpherv1
- No longer mostly noise
(From "Honey Trap")

Elbirn
- Content Aficionado
BuJaber
- Not Even My Final Form
Nancy Drew 39
- Passionate
Gorkington
- Better than Cheetory6
Pink Ball
- Better than pinturicchio
Pink Ball
- pint-sized powerhouse
---
Niko
- Still Discovering Myself
Severa
- Better than RadiantCowbells
Bitmap
- Old, not Outdated
TemporalLich
- Lavos
Vengaboys
- Up And Down
Katyusha
- Red Death
---
Tsuchinoko
- Venomous and Dangerous
Jingle
- Ring a Bell?
xofelf
- Generally an Angel
(From "Miss Mash")

Bins
- Not Trash
RCEnigma
- Not the Cowbell
Blake Belladona
- Taking Back the Town
---
Mumble
- Hardly Heard
MaryJoLisa
- That's Not My Name
momo
- Most Mislynchable
INAUFTA
- INATFTA
Keychain
- Creates Words
Vijarada
- Grumpy
---
Something_Smart
- Somewhat_Balanced
Plotinus
- Wise Words
Bambi Jay
- Confusion and Chaos
Yume
- Can I Be Here?
Nimueh
- Siren Song
Fire Assassin
- Lava Plume
---
MewThree
- Better than Mewtwo
itlepip
- It'll click
- Numbers
T-Bone
- Spites the haters
T-Bone
- disappointed
T-Bone
- Has a steak in the site
T-Bone
- A Cut Above
Iconeum
- Spy
Jesus Louisus
- Soulreader
---
chennisden
- not to be taken seriously
Fluminator
- Peace-loving Police Officer
(From "Best LSG/MishMash Player (Mashtermind)")

CheekyTeeky
- Sneeky
Korina
- Recruiter
Aronis
- Just here fore the Pagetop!
mastina
- Mason
---
Alisea
- Is A Username Pun
Prince of Renais
- Restoration King
mallowgeno
- Not late to the party
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1, Krazy wrote:/in
For the time being until I can think of something better--and don't get me wrong, I do think I need to think of something better--I'm just going to take a Kop-out and give you back the April title event of
Kat
, because it was a title which when you know the story behind it is something somewhat appropriate.

Yes, you're no longer wearing the avatar of that crazy cat which is your most well-known avatar, but I really enjoyed it when you explained why you held that avatar and why you thought it was an appropriate avatar to hold so I don't think it's actually the worst title in the world. It's not the best title in the world and I do think I can do better, but it's one which can kick the even off at the very least.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:55 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3, Zaphkael wrote:Sure /in
When I think of you, the first thing which comes to my mind is how incredible a writer you are. You also have a knack for setup design even if you haven't run a game in years, but the thing which sticks out the most is how
beautifully
you write. Unfortunately, I have to admit, I don't really know much about you beyond that. I do remember your prior account, but I know you had your reasons for moving on from it.

The best title I can come up with is
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
, but it's not one that I'm happy with and in this case I'd welcome opening the door to the public for a better title for you.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:31 am

Post by mastina »

So I tried searching for something which I vaguely seem to recall having read from you at some point about the origin of your username (I vaguely remembered it being something about predicting the title of a pokemon game), which I seem to recall you describing in a normal game, but I spent half an hour searching through every normal game you've played and I can't find it so maybe I was mistaken there.

Since I couldn't confirm that story/couldn't reread the details of it, I can't make a title off of it even though that was my first inclination. I can't really think of a title which would be, 100%, unique to you describing your traits as a mafia player, but what I can do is make a title relating to it. I believe I've told you this before, that I think you're a usually underestimated town player who kind-of goes unseen in spite of doing a fair amount of good; rarely if ever one of the power-town players, but usually still contributing positively to the town.

This is another one which I'm opening up for better possibilities, but lacking them for now, I'm going with
Undiscovered
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:41 am

Post by mastina »

In post 6, Firebringer wrote:sure lets see what u can do to troll me mastina
To be honest your current title's perfect for you in my opinion. Anything I would give would be inferior to it. But since you did ask, I'll go with
Roar
because it's a Growlithe move and still vaguely fits. (But really, your current title is leagues better.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 7, RedFlavor wrote:/in
So I read on your GTKAS that your name comes from the song by Red Velvet. I considered taking a lyric from that song to be your title, but while I got an English translation of the lyrics, none of them seemed to be something I could put a spin on being even remotely related to mafia. However, I did read that The Red Summer EP had as its very next track,
You Better Know
, which I felt like has at least a vague mafiaesque feeling to it.

This is another one I'd be happy to get more ideas for since I don't really know you well enough to do you proper justice. :(
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 am

Post by mastina »

In post 8, SleepyKrew wrote:/in
Personally I like your current title more than your other titles, but hey, let's give it to you anyway; return to form,
Did His Job
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #34 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:01 am

Post by mastina »

In post 9, Creature wrote:/in
Well since we talked about this title in the thread, let's try out
Of Habit
for you.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:04 am

Post by mastina »

Honestly I think your current title's better than anything I could give you. (I guess I
could
default to the original title suggestion(s) for you, but they evolved within one page to be Composed for good reasoning.)

For the time being, I'll re-give your event title,
Jacket of All Trades
, even though I know it's one you wouldn't want to keep.

Because it's one I know you wouldn't want to keep, though, I'll open this one up to suggestions for one which you very well just might.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:12 am

Post by mastina »

In post 37, RedFlavor wrote:Can I give ideas?
Per thread rules,
In post 0, mastina wrote:Scummers are not allowed to request a specific title; if you ask for something specific, I will just not give you a title at all.
Scummers are not allowed to request
not
having something as their title; if you ask to be titled but specify "just don't give me X", I will just not give you a title at all.
Unless I specifically request the help (I may run into situations where I lack inspiration), scummers are not allowed to suggest titles for other scummers.
Scummers are not allowed to request a different title, however, once they have received an event title from me. The only options a scummer has are "opt in" or "opt out" (having their event title removed); once they opt out, they can't opt back in.
You're the one person who for this event and for yourself cannot. :(

If you want to get your own title, btw, I'll be rerunning Entitlement next April and you can request a title of your own design then!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #39 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:19 am

Post by mastina »

To be honest, most of what I know about you is that you review/backup mod/mod a lot of games, that those duties are mostly done on BNL even if you're beginning to transition to using this account fully, but that singletonking is the account which mostly plays mafia. So this is another one which I'll be opening up to suggestions but for now,
Plays Mafia
it is.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #41 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:26 am

Post by mastina »

In post 12, Ankamius wrote:/in
This is slightly cheating since it's a title based around your Blake Belladonna account, but the immediate thought which comes to mind is
Taking Back the Town
This is a title which is in part a reference to her last line in one of the seasons (at least my
memory
of her last line in one of the seasons, "No. We're going to take it back."), but I feel it's actually a title which works for you on two levels:
-You love to replace into scummy slots (or if in them from the beginning, to try and be deliberately scummy), so that you can have the valuable information of knowing that they are town, and to then turn it around. You can turn a slot which was seen as a likely lynch into an automatic nightkill in no time flat. So it could be said that you're taking back the sentiment of a slot being town which was previously lost.

-You are literally one of the best town players on site and whose presence pretty much demands a nightkill lest scum fuck themselves over and doom themselves to a loss. You may not always have the best reads, but you don't
need
to have the best reads; your gamestate reads are threatening enough where you can take back the town from the scum, turning a scum-favored gamestate into a town-favored one.

So I think it fits/works.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #43 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:27 am

Post by mastina »

In post 40, Errantparabola wrote:i'd like to go back to my old title please, sorry
Sorry I couldn't do you justice. :cry:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #46 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:38 am

Post by mastina »

In post 13, Cheetory6 wrote:/in
There's no way I'll be able to do a title for you justice since you're literally one of the best people on site period and in spite of me knowing that I know I don't know enough about you to give a title with any real depth to it.

The best I can come up with on my own (this is another case of being open to suggestions) is
Colorful
;
-It references your Paint Mafia series of games
-From this dictionary definition, "full of interest; lively and exciting" which I feel applies to Cheetory. You're someone who's full of interest (SUPP winner and all that), and whose presence brightens up the site. (Which also fits the first definition.)

The main reason that this one's open to suggestions is that I know the term can have negative connotations to it and those negative connotations while not the intended meaning are enough where I'm dissatisfied with it as a title.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #47 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:41 am

Post by mastina »

In post 14, McMenno wrote:give me a title
There's only one title which I can bestow upon you. :P

Aren't we all
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #48 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 15, Annadog40 wrote:sure /in
Also can I in someone else?
You can't /in someone else; this is purely a voluntary thing.

But as for you, for the time being unless I think of something better, you can go back to
All Work and Roleplay
for now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #49 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 16, Pine wrote:Come at me, Mastina. Do your worst.
Well since you specified me doing my worst...how's
Chopped Down
sound? You always could use to be knocked down a couple of pegs... :P

(Seriously tho, your current title's perfect so anything I can give you would explicitly be a joke.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #50 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 18, Skygazer wrote:/in !!
In honor of your new position and your new contributions to it,
Let's Get To Know...
seems like the most obvious choice. (I admit this one won't age well most likely, but given Skygazer just got her position, for a month this seems like it'd be a neat form of advertising of sorts.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #51 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 19, RadiantCowbells wrote:this seems fun
It would be if I were actually competent at this but the more I'm trying the harder it's becoming for me to do it right. :cry:

On that note:
In post 20, Maruchan wrote:/in so hard
There was a title nominated for you which I believe never got discussed at all,
passportent
, so let's try that out.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #55 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:12 am

Post by mastina »

In post 35, SleepyKrew wrote:wtf I already alternate between the two
I missed this post earlier. But I did give that disclaimer; people with titles already might not receive anything different because their current titles are already good.

Also, that's half the joke. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #56 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:13 am

Post by mastina »

In post 52, RadiantCowbells wrote:pls count that as an /in from me :c
I'll get to you in a bit, then.

I need to take a break; I've been trying to title people for over two hours now and I'm running low on already-stressed creative juices.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #86 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:57 am

Post by mastina »

Man you deserve so much better than this, but the pun's too much of an opportunity to pass up on in reference to mafia games;
Someone Dies
. Because that's the way it ends in almost any given game; someone, beit town or scum, dies. :P

(Since you deserve better tho, opening this one up to the community.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #87 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:00 am

Post by mastina »

In post 22, Irrelephant11 wrote:I mean sure let's see how this goes
I know it's repeating the April title event, but...pun...too hard to resist...
In the room
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #88 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:02 am

Post by mastina »

In post 23, Ircher wrote:/in
I realize you're not the only one who runs these games.

But when I think of these games.

I think of them as they are modded by you.

So:
What A Grand Idea
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #89 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:05 am

Post by mastina »

I actually thought that your moderator society thread was a brilliant idea, so in honor of that:
Host of Hosts
because another word for moderator is 'host'.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #91 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 25, vonflare wrote:fine ill in
I'm really not sure what I can give you beyond returning to the April title of
d00t
, so that it is!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #93 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:10 am

Post by mastina »

When I think of you as a player, I think of someone who is usually fairly calm, given the sort of situations you usually find yourself in. You're fairly new to mafiascum, and yet you handle theme game shenanigans really well, not to mention mafiascum antics; when you're pressured, you stay on path and don't cave in, so the best I can think of is,
Stable Reaction
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #94 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 28, Oversoul wrote:/in
I'm not quite sure if I ever told you this, Oversoul, but for the longest time, whenever I heard your name, all I could think of was a particular Red Hot Chili Peppers song because I could've
sworn
that song actually contains as a lyric, your username.

It doesn't (it's 'of her soul', not 'oversoul'), but the mental link is SO STRONG in my head that I just
can't
pass up on the opportunity for
I tried to say
as a title.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #95 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:20 am

Post by mastina »

In post 31, nomnomnom wrote:/in
I like roulette
Okay.

You
had
to know it was coming.

Title Title Title
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #96 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 am

Post by mastina »

You know.
I know it's a copout because it was done in the previous event.

But I actually kinda really like
Pongwin
as a title for you. Yes, avatar/username pun, but it just seems so appropriate for you; you are a penguin and you are made of win. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #97 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:29 am

Post by mastina »

In post 45, xyzzy wrote:/in
(you'll have to come up with something
really
good for me to not return to "comical third option" at the end of the month, but I can't resist seeing what you come up with.)
Ehh...best I can come up with is
xwvut
off of the idea that your username goes xyz and then loops backwards into zy and thus the logical chain would continue...

Opening this one up to the community for a better joke.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #99 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:37 am

Post by mastina »

In post 52, RadiantCowbells wrote:pls count that as an /in from me :c
Sure.
I actually think that you're currently better known for your towngame than your scumgame, so let's reverse your title. How's
Beat It
sound, to represent how threatening you can be?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #100 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 58, Alisae wrote:I like this event but I will be keeping my current title since its special to me.
If you had asked for a different one all I'd have done was rainbowtext your current one. :P
In post 60, the worst wrote:/in
I want to give you a Whoesque title referencing how people use 'the worst x' or 'x is the worst' and references you, but I can't figure out how to make that pun work properly. :?

Best I can come up with is
That's me?
, though I'm open to better suggestions.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #103 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:49 am

Post by mastina »

I'm going to go with the title of
Thanks
, in reference to how when you requested a title for the April title event, after having received it, you edited your post to be that word. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #104 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 63, BNL wrote:/in
I can do this on multiple accounts if I want to right?
Much as that'll create extra work for me and can potentially be problematic if the title I gave the first time references an alt which then wants a title...you can indeed do it on multiple accounts!

Still only get one vote, mind you, and people voting for titles on different accounts DO need to use two votes (a vote to keep your title and a vote to keep singletonking's titles are two separate votes rather than one combined vote), but it's allowed all the same!

Anyway, to continue the theme of your other account's event title...

Mods/Reviews Games
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #105 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:59 am

Post by mastina »

In post 64, animorpherv1 wrote:/in, let's see what you can do.
Best I can think up is, in reference to your growth,
No longer mostly noise
, to pay homage to your original title but demonstrating how since then you have grown and matured to be a different person.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #106 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 65, Elbirn wrote:/in
I did it I finally get a title and all I have to do is cheat
How's
Content Aficionado
sound?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #108 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 66, BuJaber wrote:/in
The effort you're putting into an event titled "Title Troll" is astounding.
In reference to how your other account is NERFED BuJaber...

Not Even My Final Form
Which is also a pop culture stock anime reference. (I considered something like "Not Even At Full Power", but it didn't quite flow the same.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #110 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 68, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:/in

Do me. :P
Honestly I know it's not much of a title, but literally I don't think any other title is better suited for you than just
Passionate

It is literally what I think of when I think of you, in a single word. Other players can be passionate so I know that passion isn't a unique trait to you, but you're like the living avatar of passion; you constantly, neverendingly, ooze pure passion in your play and even outside of mafia play with your approach to everything.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #111 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 80, Gorkington wrote:someone mentioned alts?
/in
I can't pass up on the opportunity.
Better than Cheetory6

Because I'm pretty sure that was a running joke at some point. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #112 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 81, Pink Ball wrote:/IN TO BE ROASTED MY GODDESS MASTINA
Honestly the best title I can think of is in reference to how much of a surprise it was to me to learn that you were pint, since there was just a sudden level of
competence
that blindsided me.

So.

Better than pinturicchio
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #113 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 82, Niko wrote:/in
I like the title of
Still Discovering Myself
for you, because it references not only the number of accounts you have, but also to how you're growing as a player that I consider quite skilled.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #115 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 83, Severa wrote:HA?
I'll /in for this as well.
I have to do it because of referencing how you play differently (and sometimes better?) on that account, so:
Better than RadiantCowbells
it is!
(I SWEAR NOT EVERY ALT WILL BE "Better than (main)" OKAY.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #120 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 84, Bitmap wrote:/in
Been on the site for awhile but recently came back. I wanna snag a nice title.
How's, in honor of this while also being a username pun (referencing the file format),
Old, not Outdated
sound?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #122 (isolation #44) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by mastina »

Okay so I gotta admit: I got nuthin'. Not anything I can think of which would be good for you, so I'll open this up to the community but for now, will go with
Lavos
to fit your name/avatar/signature theme.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #125 (isolation #45) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 116, Vengaboys wrote:
In post 115, mastina wrote:(I SWEAR NOT EVERY ALT WILL BE "Better than (main)" OKAY.)
Let's test that! /in
Up And Down
is the first name to pop to mind for you!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #127 (isolation #46) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 119, Katyusha wrote:*cough* /in
How's, in honor of how you're an incredibly competent scumhunter,
Red Death
sound?

If terrible, community feel free to let me know.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #130 (isolation #47) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In reference to how you're a hydra, and you're a snake:
Venomous and Dangerous
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #131 (isolation #48) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 126, Jingle wrote:As insulting as possible, if you please ;)
I don't do requests, remember?

I will however make it as almost cringeworthy as is possible with a simple
Ring a Bell?
title.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #177 (isolation #49) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 161, vonflare wrote:
In post 91, mastina wrote:
In post 25, vonflare wrote:fine ill in
I'm really not sure what I can give you beyond returning to the April title of
d00t
, so that it is!
Hi can I reject this
In post 162, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 40, Errantparabola wrote:i'd like to go back to my old title please, sorry
Same here.
Back to your old titles it is!
In post 112, mastina wrote:
In post 81, Pink Ball wrote:/IN TO BE ROASTED MY GODDESS MASTINA
Honestly the best title I can think of is in reference to how much of a surprise it was to me to learn that you were pint, since there was just a sudden level of
competence
that blindsided me.

So.

Better than pinturicchio
We have our first title fairy whimsical change, folks!

I decided that I missed out on a perfectly good pun:
pint-sized powerhouse
!

I realize I have a shitload of /ins to do, so I'll be doing them as I can! (Sorry for falling behind; been busy.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #206 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:30 am

Post by mastina »

In post 202, Firebringer wrote:Is the event over?
No, I've been on V/LA.

I've been thinking of titles while V/LA, it's just that accessing the title fairy panel is something that's difficult to do when most of your posts are phoneposting. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #208 (isolation #51) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:59 am

Post by mastina »

In post 133, xofelf wrote:I do love my title, but I am curious what you'd give me mastina, /in.
I have a fairly high opinion of you to say the least. I agree that your title's pretty darn perfect, but I'm going to give you the event title of
Generally an Angel
. <3
(General referencing the full name of the Mish Mash forum.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #209 (isolation #52) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 135, Bins wrote:/in
It's not much of a title, but I like
Not Trash
for you.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #210 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 136, RCEnigma wrote:/in
I realize it's largely a username reference, but something which I tend to see fairly frequently when you and RadiantCowbells play the same game is confusion over 'Which RC?', and this is something that tends to happen a fair amount. I realize he's also not the only scummer who your username abbreviations can be confused for, but I still think it appropriate to go for
Not the Cowbell
for you.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #211 (isolation #54) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 137, Blake Belladonna wrote:
In post 104, mastina wrote:Much as that'll create extra work for me and can potentially be problematic if the title I gave the first time references an alt which then wants a title...you can indeed do it on multiple accounts!
That's my cue!
/in
I'm gonna cheat.
You? You get
Taking back the Town
Ankamius, the previous holder of that title?
Ank gets a new one! Ankamius's new title is
Stop Killing Yourself

That title isn't quite as good in my opinion, but is based around the same general theme.
1: Ankamius is, quite often, ridiculously obviously town, even when she intends to scum it up. She attracts early nightkills, often, even when not intending to, so it could be read as, "Ankamius, stop killing yourself by being so town!"
2: As per the previous title, Ankamius is
ridiculously
good at reading gamestates and seeing just exactly how the town is imploding in on themselves. So the title can be read as, "Town, stop killing yourselves!"
3: Ank can on occasion have some self-depreciation from time to time and this title pays some homage to that as a message that, "Ank, stop being so hard on yourself." <3
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #213 (isolation #55) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 140, Mumble wrote:I would like to in.
I realize it's a bit of a username pun, but I also think it fits your playstyle. You're getting
Hardly Heard
, because when you play, you tend to typically blend in. You typically have a lower post count in your games, and while they are based in fairly sound reasoning, they aren't often commented on--as if nobody heard you. Almost as if you mumbled when speaking it. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #214 (isolation #56) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by mastina »

To reference how your name isn't actually your username even though apparently you do use your real name on many websites,
That's Not My Name
. (Okay, I admit. It's mostly because of the song reference. :P)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #215 (isolation #57) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 145, momo wrote:/in
Well it's in your signature and it was your April title event, so sure. Let's give you
Most Mislynchable
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #216 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 148, INAUFTA wrote:I heard Mastina needed more alts to in.
(And I don't want a new title on my main)
Well then. I debated
I Need A Title
INAT
, or
INATFTA
; I'm going with that third one for now but might change it to one of the other two later.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #217 (isolation #59) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 152, Keychain wrote:/in please :]
So this might seem a little bit unusual, but it's the best I can come up with;
Creates Words
I know that, at least in 2017 if no other year, you participated in NaNoWriMo (and maybe you've done it more than that), and also that you have that whole degree in linguistics thing going for you. It seems to kinda click for me from what little I know about you (although I admit I don't actually know that much). Also it's a bit of a subtle reference to a webcomic I like. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #218 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 154, Vijarada wrote:/in
I realize it's not much of a title, but when you asked for an April title, you selected 'no'. Your current avatar is of an old man. Your current signature looks like it's spoken with a bit of a disgruntled tone. Altogether, what this tells me is that there's a certain vibe to be had that you're trying to give off, and that vibe:
Grumpy
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #219 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by mastina »

This one's fairly easy for me;
Somewhat_Balanced
(the only thing which I can think of which would make it better is if I could keep the S alliteration going on, but oh well).

Obviously, beyond the whole "is a NRG member" bit, I feel like it is an apt description of you as a player. You have a fairly 'balanced' style, where you have a balance between content and fluff, and a balance between longer posts and shorter posts, and a balance between highish activity and lowish activity, and also a balance between how you play as town and how you play as scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #220 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 163, Plotinus wrote:/in
I had the perfect title for you in mind earlier, one which would've paid homage to both your role as a newbie moderator and yet also the wise sage who gives out counsel to users and whose words are always worth listening to, one referencing not only your role in said newbie moderation but also the types of posts you make in the speakeasy where you are always a voice of reason providing objective, logical reasoning in everything you post.

Unfortunately, I've since forgotten what that title was.

For now, until such a time as I can remember what it was, I'll give you
Wise Words
, even though that feels so inadequate and doesn't feel like it hit the mark of my original idea.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #221 (isolation #63) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 172, Bambi Jay wrote:/Nani
(Nani backwards is Inan, which has In in it. I am the smarts)
I feel like it needs to be done:
Confusion and Chaos
, referencing how you
do
occasionally get confused with Elsa Jay. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #222 (isolation #64) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 173, Yume wrote:Winter is coming.
/in
I'm going to go with the title of
Can I Be Here?
. It references Faraday's "should I be here?", because Yume has a
ton
of alt/hydra accounts and also references how many games Yume tries to play--and how she doesn't always get to play in all of them. (I realize, however, that's a touchy subject--please do not discuss this as we want to keep things relatively positive here, thankyouverymuch.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #223 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 174, Nimueh wrote:/in
Honestly? I really really really REALLY liked your April title event title, so you get
Siren Song
again!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #224 (isolation #66) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm pretty sure that I'm identifying the pokemon of your avatar wrong, but I went with the Cyndaquil evolution line and decided on
Lava Plume
as being the title most apt to use.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #225 (isolation #67) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 176, MewThree wrote:/in
You know I literally read literally every post you have on site to try and come up with anything else but I literally found nothing I could use here. :P So you get the lazy title here;
Better than Mewtwo
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #226 (isolation #68) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 197, itlepip wrote:/in
I realize it's a username pun. But it's too hard to resist
It'll click
, especially since it fits with what I remember of you as a player, how you approached things and how to read you; in both cases, your reads would click into place and reads on you would click into place given sufficient time.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #227 (isolation #69) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by mastina »

I believe your nickname in games is
Numbers
, yes? So that's your title now!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #230 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 228, T-Bone wrote:/in to spite the haters
Okay.
I can't resist.
I
know
I shouldn't do this.
That I should give you a real title.
That I shouldn't set this example.
And so on and so forth; there's dozens of reasons why this is a bad title to give.

But fuckit, I want to give it.
Spites the haters
it is!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #231 (isolation #71) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by mastina »

Also, changing RadiantCowbells's title to
People tried
, because why not.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #241 (isolation #72) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:39 am

Post by mastina »

In post 232, Keychain wrote:What's the webcomic?
A discontinued one, sadly, called Keychain of Creation; it basically started off as essentially "Order of the Stick, but for Exalted instead of D&D".

Anyway, will get to titles in a bit, but first gotta make an announcement:
Hey guys, letting you know now that I'll be
V/LA
from circa August 7th - August 15thish.

And by V/LA, I mean literally on vacation, limited-access-at-best, literally-zero-access at worst. I might have complete and total radio silence during that time.

I'll be traveling with my family to what I believe is a family reunion. (I honestly don't care to know the details because truth be told it's a pain in the ass and I'd honestly rather just not go but I don't have any choice in the matter, so.) If it is a reunion, would be either Burns (maternal grandfather surname) or Tuttle (maternal grandmother maiden surname I believe) reunion I believe.

Butyeah--will be traveling straight there (not sure where exactly; I seem to have caught reference to it maybe being somewhere near the boarder of Nebraska and Kansas?), then straight back. Driving entire time, days straight. If we get to stop in a place with an outlet and wifi I can use my laptop; if all I have is my phone charger I'll be phoneposting; if I can't even charge my phone...welp, silence it is.

Since the end of the event is at that timeframe, that's relevant to here because I won't be able to approve--or remove--any titles during that time; if you want me to remove your event title, you need to do so by August 6th or so, or else it'll happen like a week and a half later.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #254 (isolation #73) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:57 am

Post by mastina »

In post 245, MaryJoLisa wrote:I think Chennisden should have the title "He who uses the large font."
I have a title in mind for chennisden and since he has /inned, I should get around to it today!
In post 247, T-Bone wrote:
In post 230, mastina wrote:
Okay.
I can't resist.
I
know
I shouldn't do this.
That I should give you a real title.
That I shouldn't set this example.
And so on and so forth; there's dozens of reasons why this is a bad title to give.

But fuckit, I want to give it.
Spites the haters
it is!
Yeah, you should have put more effort in, I'm disappointed.
THAT'S PERFECT!
disappointed
for T-Bone it is!

(I'm sorry. If you don't get too tired/annoyed/frustrated with me giving you a troll title enough where it causes you to out, I promise that sometime soon I'll actually give you a real one, but for the time being thought it'd be okay to have a little fun.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #255 (isolation #74) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:01 am

Post by mastina »

In post 234, Iconeum wrote:/in
While I wasn't quite fond of the pun in Spyconeum (shock! mastina, not fond of a pun!), I did like the general idea behind your entitlement title. I'm going to set it as just
Spy
, which is occasionally the name of a (usually mafia) role that has fulfilled like half a dozen functions before (every usage of the role 'spy' functioned differently; some have it as an alternative name for something like a tracker, some have it as a special theme game mechanic, etc. But the point is, it's an occasionally-featured role name which thus fits loosely into our title progression structure).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #256 (isolation #75) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:10 am

Post by mastina »

So I've taken a look at your posting style; from what I can tell, it's a little bit on the minimalistic side in terms of reasoning; you do give reasons in your games but sparsely so and usually don't go into much depth; it could be said that you rely a fair bit on gut. And what would the ultimate form of a gutread be? A soulread! A read that you don't need reasons for, you just have a natural knack for always knowing what their alignment is. And thus, you are now a
Soulreader

(Okay I admit this was mostly for the pun.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #257 (isolation #76) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:14 am

Post by mastina »

In post 237, chennisden wrote:hmm
/in
There is only one title that I thought appropriate for you;
not to be taken seriously

This is largely a reference to how your RC title nomination was a joke which was taken seriously, but also a bit of a reference to the "size=500" thing you have going on; it's not to be taken too seriously. It can maybe also apply to specific situations like when you were posting in xyzzy's game; as someone who wasn't a player and who trolled around a bit, for quite a while (though I admit some of your later posts did look serious), you looked like your posts weren't meant to be serious.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #259 (isolation #77) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:33 am

Post by mastina »

In post 240, Fluminator wrote:/in
mainly just curious what mastina will come up with when I think we only ever played 1 game together years ago.
Played, sure, but you were also in a game I modded! And actually, it was two games. Inorganic Chemistry and Steven Universe. (You replaced out of both. :P)

The modded game has the best reference tho;
Peace-loving Police Officer
would be a nod to your absolutely ridiculous fakeclaim from said game. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #260 (isolation #78) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:39 am

Post by mastina »

I kinda want to continue the trend in your username. There's the cheekiness of it and then teeky invokes for me imagery along the same lines of someone who is...well,
Sneeky

It's not the best I can come up with tho, so I'm opening this one up for suggestions.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #261 (isolation #79) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:40 am

Post by mastina »

In post 252, Korina wrote:I'm late, but /in
Oh this one's ridiculously easy:
Recruiter
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #265 (isolation #80) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 264, Aronis wrote:oh i'll take one
I'm going to give you
Just here fore the Pagetop!
for a few reasons. One, you're basically the scummer who invented the trend of players trying to steal pagetops from the mod--I literally can't think of a player who deliberately tried to do that prior to you. Two, it's an apt descriptor of a lot of what your posting style was in games when you played more often; you were fairly light in content and were there just to have fun...and one of your ways of having fun was to try and grab as many pagetops as you possibly could.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #266 (isolation #81) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In honor of my birthday overlapping with this event, I am going to /in for it myself.

And since I am the title fairy, that means I get to decide my own title.

I'm going with the title of
Mason
for multiple reasons.

1: Masons have an association with architecture. Believe it or not, this has relevance to me in real life. I have a college degree in CAD software. While this manifests as a specialization in Mechanical Engineering (basically, part design), CAD software (for instance, AutoCAD) is also used to make architectural drawings and I received some basic training in that field and theoretically am capable of doing that job. (In theory.)

2: As mentioned, masons have an association with architecture. What is part of any given building you'd construct as an architect? A Wall, of course.

3: Masons are a common role on the site; titling myself as Mason would fit along the same lines of 'Goon', 'JOAT', 'Survivor', and the likes.

4: I am the most prominent user of (and basically invented) the Mason Gambit, where I fakeclaim mason(izer) as a neighbor(izer). Even in games where I don't do it in spite of being part of a neighborhood, I will at least reference it in large part to this fact/history. More than that, masons are my favorite role of all time and I tend to get great mileage out of both masonries and pseudo-masonries.

5: In spite of how notoriously paranoid people are of 'scumastina could do that' and of "this could be scumastina" and the like, despite how few things are out of my scumrange...I am still fairly good at obvtowning as town in most occasions. In many situations where by all rights I should be mislynched I can end up power-towning and even if I do get mislynched it's often with good scum effort and many people having stated how stupid the lynch was because of how obviously town I was--as if I were town enough to be a mason.

It works on multiple layers as a title for me, so giving it to myself as a birthday gift. (Hey, I'm the title fairy; what kind of title fairy would I be if I didn't have at least
one
instance of ABUSE OF POWER? :P)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #285 (isolation #82) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 275, Alisea wrote:/in
Y'know.
All I see
Is A Username Pun
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #286 (isolation #83) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 283, chennisden wrote:
Restoration King
For lack of better ideas right now? Yep!
Restoration King
it is.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #287 (isolation #84) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by mastina »

So I promised a serious title for you and it's about time that I deliver. I wanted to pay homage to how you've been a listmod for so long and have contributed a great deal for that volunteer position, where you have helped out where needed, and so on and so forth. I realize that it might not be the most noteworthy thing about you, but I genuinely feel like the service you've given to the site is quite noteworthy and worthy of recognition.

On that note, I have to apologize because literally the only way I could think of to put this thought into a title is with a pun, since you deserve better, but until such a time as I can think of a better title (and this one's open to the community to think of something better),
Has a steak in the site

Sorry for the wait for what's ultimately a let-down of a title, but I did try. (I just suck. :P)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #288 (isolation #85) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by mastina »

Btw, for my title, come times for voting, my title will require double the votes (10) to keep; if someone anti-noms it, it'll require 11 to keep; if two people antinom it, it'll require 12 to keep; three people antinom it, 13 to keep, etc.

The reason's obvious enough; while I like the title enough to wear it for a few weeks, it's too much of an abuse of power. It's fine for a bit of fun, but unless there's
overwhelming
community support for the title, I'm just not comfortable keeping it even if I like it. So in all likelihood, will be dropping it once the event is over.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #341 (isolation #86) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 294, mallowgeno wrote:/is it too late for this? :/
At the time you /inned, no, it was not!
So as a result, you're the last person to get a title! (Not the last title given, but last PERSON.)
It's not much of a title, but to mark it:
Not late to the party
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #342 (isolation #87) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 295, Raskolnikov wrote:but what great event lies in store later down the line? :o
It's a secret. :cool:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #343 (isolation #88) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 300, Gamma Emerald wrote:
A Cut Above
?
This is just way too good of one to pass up on, so yes. T-Bone gets
A Cut Above
as his final title for the event.

And with that, titles wrap up for the event.

Stay tuned for the follow-through.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #344 (isolation #89) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by mastina »

First off, I would like to apologize for being a week late in ending the event. Lots of shit been going on. Been busy, been sick, been in a mentally poor state (really really mentally bad state), combined to be incredibly busy. However, while it is a failure on my part to be this late, ending the event right now is the perfect timing, actually.
In post 308, singletonking wrote:I never got a real title :(
Second off, to everyone who didn't get a better title: I also owe you an apology. I did try, but often I couldn't come up with anything more.

Third order of business:
In post 307, Oversoul wrote:Ty for the title event, but I would like to go back to my old one :)
In post 309, the worst wrote:Oh I'd like to go back as well, please. No rush or anything. Thanks for organising all this.
In post 312, nomnomnom wrote:I would like my title to be reverted as well now that this is over :P
These should be set to what they were before.

If they weren't...well, you'll have to wait for a week for me to fix them since I'm going on vacation. :P But, I'll fix them as soon as I can.

And now...
In post 304, Plotinus wrote:Does the voting phase happen in this thread or somewhere else?
In here.

The window to ask for titles has been closed!

You may now start voting.
Spoiler: List of Scummers/Titles Votable
Krazy
- Kat
Zaphkael
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Gamma Emerald
- Undiscovered
Firebringer
- Roar
(From "Trail Blazer")

RedFlavor
- You Better Know
SleepyKrew
- Did His Job
(From "Snark Attack")

Creature
- Of Habit
(From "Transparent")

singletonking
- Plays Mafia
Ankamius
- Taking Back the Town
Ankamius
- Stop Killing Yourself
Cheetory6
- Colorful
McMenno
- Aren't we all
Pine
- Chopped Down
(From "In Your Head")

Skygazer
- Let's Get To Know...
Maruchan
- passportent
TheWayItEnds
- Someone Dies
Irrelephant11
- In the room
(From "COTM 2018 Winner")

Ircher
- What A Grand Idea
Inferno390
- Host of Hosts
Chemist1422
- Stable Reaction
PenguinPower
- Pongwin
xzzzy
- xwvut
(From "comical third option")

RadiantCowbells
- Beat It
(From "Smooth Criminal")

RadiantCowbells
- People tried
(From "Smooth Criminal")

Raskolnikov
- Thanks
BulletNLynchproof
- Mods/Reviews Games
(From "Micro Madness")

animorpherv1
- No longer mostly noise
(From "Honey Trap")

Elbirn
- Content Aficionado
BuJaber
- Not Even My Final Form
Nancy Drew 39
- Passionate
Gorkington
- Better than Cheetory6
Pink Ball
- Better than pinturicchio
Pink Ball
- pint-sized powerhouse
Niko
- Still Discovering Myself
Severa
- Better than RadiantCowbells
Bitmap
- Old, not Outdated
TemporalLich
- Lavos
Vengaboys
- Up And Down
Katyusha
- Red Death
Tsuchinoko
- Venomous and Dangerous
Jingle
- Ring a Bell?
xofelf
- Generally an Angel
(From "Miss Mash")

Bins
- Not Trash
RCEnigma
- Not the Cowbell
Blake Belladona
- Taking Back the Town
Mumble
- Hardly Heard
MaryJoLisa
- That's Not My Name
momo
- Most Mislynchable
INAUFTA
- INATFTA
Keychain
- Creates Words
Vijarada
- Grumpy
Something_Smart
- Somewhat_Balanced
Plotinus
- Wise Words
Bambi Jay
- Confusion and Chaos
Yume
- Can I Be Here?
Nimueh
- Siren Song
Fire Assassin
- Lava Plume
MewThree
- Better than Mewtwo
itlepip
- It'll click
- Numbers
T-Bone
- Spites the haters
T-Bone
- disappointed
T-Bone
- Has a steak in the site
T-Bone
- A Cut Above
Iconeum
- Spy
Jesus Louisus
- Soulreader
chennisden
- not to be taken seriously
Fluminator
- Peace-loving Police Officer
(From "Best LSG/MishMash Player (Mashtermind)")

CheekyTeeky
- Sneeky
Korina
- Recruiter
Aronis
- Just here fore the Pagetop!
mastina
- Mason
Alisea
- Is A Username Pun
Prince of Renais
- Restoration King
mallowgeno
- Not late to the party
Each scummer gets
votes.
If I missed a request for a title to be removed/to not be considered, let me know.

You have
7 days
to vote:
(expired on 2019-08-15 04:16:12).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #394 (isolation #90) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 386, Firebringer wrote:mastina, what is delaying this change back?
I've been really swamped with life. Been meaning to get if nothing else the requested reversions done but have by the time I had the free time been too exhausted to function properly (tired to the point where I wouldn't trust myself to carry out the task without error, basically).

Apologies for the delay in that.

Those who I saw asking for titles reverted should have it done and I should have the time to compile the votes to see which ones stay.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #396 (isolation #91) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 380, Ircher wrote:mastina will (probably) still accept it.
I'll accept all votes prior to this post for a combination of two reasons:
1: In spite of this event allowing for double the number of votes, we had half the number of voters as we did the previous event; I want every vote to count.
I also feel responsible for this, because the lack of votes is in part my fault; I didn't advertise it was voting in the title or my signature, and I started voting before leaving on vacation rather than the day of. Not to mention there was some trouble with the sticky of the topic; it unstickied before it was meant to, and I did not catch this for some time.

2: Because I am basically a month late in ending the event, I figure that allowing as many titles to go through as is possible is the best way I have of making an apology for dropping the ball on the event.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #397 (isolation #92) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by mastina »

Creature - Of Habit : 9 (Korina, Jingle, Errantparabola, Firebringer, Plotinus, popsofctown, Pine, Bitmap, Nancy Drew 39)
T-Bone - A Cut Above : 6 (Alisae, Korina, Ircher, Gamma Emerald, Pink Ball, Pine)
Something_Smart - Somewhat_Balanced : 6 (Alisae, TemporalLich, Jingle, Plotinus, Pink Ball, Inferno390)
Aronis - Just here for the Pagetop! : 5 (Alisae, TemporalLich, Ircher, Gamma Emerald, Jingle)
Korina - Recruiter : 5 (TemporalLich, Ircher, Gamma Emerald, singletonking, Inferno390)
1234567889 - Numbers : 4 (Korina, McMenno, singletonking, Pink Ball)
Ircher - What A Grand Idea : 4 (TemporalLich, McMenno, singletonking, Inferno390)
Bins - Not Trash : 4 (Alisae, TemporalLich, Jingle, Inferno390)
Jingle - Ring a Bell? : 4 (Korina, Plotinus, Pine, Inferno390)
Prince of Renais - Restoration King : 3 (TemporalLich, Ircher, Jingle)
RadiantCowbells - People Tried : 3 (TemporalLich, Gamma Emerald, Pink Ball)
Skygazer - Let's Get To Know... : 3 (Korina, Ircher, Inferno390)
BuJaber - Not Even My Final Form : 3 (TemporalLich, Korina, Inferno390)
PenguinPower - Pongwin : 3 (Jingle, Pine, Inferno390)
Bitmap - Old, not Outdated : 2 (Alisae, TemporalLich)
RCEnigma - Not the Cowbell : 2 (Korina, Jingle)
Bambi Jay - Confusion and Chaos : 2 (TemporalLich, McMenno)
Irrelephant11 - In the room : 2 (Korina, Plotinus)
McMenno - Aren't we all : 2 (Plotinus, Vijarada)
Chemist1422 - Stable Reaction : 2 (TemporalLich, Inferno390)
momo - Most Mislynchable : 2 (Gamma Emerald, Inferno390)
Gorkington - Better than Cheetory6 : 1 (TemporalLich)
Nimueh - Siren Song : 1 (TemporalLich)
Inferno390 - Host of Hosts : 1 (Korina)
Mumble - Hardly Heard : 1 (Korina)
Zaphkael - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle : 1 (Ircher)
Ankamius - Stop Killing Yourself : 1 (Gamma Emerald)
Cheetory6 - Colorful : 1 (Gamma Emerald)
mallowgeno - Not late to the party : 1 (Gamma Emerald)
Jesus Louisus - Soulreader : 1 (Gamma Emerald)
Ankamius - Taking Back the Town : 1 (Jingle)
RadiantCowbells - Beat It : 1 (Jingle)
Elbirn - Content Aficionado : 1 (Jingle)
Yume - Can I Be Here? : 1 (Errantparabola)
Plotinus - Wise Words : 1 (McMenno)
INAUFTA - INATFTA : 1 (singletonking)
CheekyTeeky - Sneeky : 1 (Pink Ball)
Gamma Emerald - Undiscovered : 1 (Pine)
Pink Ball - pint-sized powerhouse : 1 (Pine)
Katyusha - Red Death : 1 (Inferno390)
Severa - Better than RadiantCowbells : 1 (Inferno390)

I'm going to lock this topic now. I don't have the time for the writeup of which titles I'll be keeping and which ones I'll be reverting and why, so that'll have to wait for about 14ish hours (when I get home from work tomorrow). But suffice to say: votes are locked; I can't really justify keeping titles which didn't get at least three votes so the writeup will cover those with 3+ and why I'll keep some and not others.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #398 (isolation #93) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:51 am

Post by mastina »

Assuming the title holders are okay with their titles staying...
Approved Event Titles
:

Creature
- Of Habit
The people have spoken, and overwhelmingly they want this. This title was already in consideration in the title fairy thread, so if Creature wants this, it's absolutely his.

T-Bone
- A Cut Above
This title is just so overwhelmingly good and appropriate. This would've hands-down gotten approval through the normal title fairy process. It's just a stellar title all-around, so if T-Bone agrees, it's his.

Something_Smart
- Somewhat_Balanced
Personally, I wasn't sure if this was a quality title--but I'm going to trust the community on this one. It was a reasonably decent title, I just wasn't quite sure if it was good enough to stay. But, plenty of people voted for it so presumably the community believes it is, so if Something_Smart shares that stance, it's his.

Aronis
- Just here for the Pagetop!
I said it in the writeup when I gave it for part of the event; I think it is highly appropriate for him and nods to a memorable contribution from him to site culture.

Korina
- Recruiter
When I gave this title, I was aware that it was probably an appropriate title for Korina to have, and the community gave it enough votes that they apparently agreed.

- Numbers
Numbers is the nigh-universal nickname given to this account, and there is an established existing trend of giving titles to users who are nigh-universally referred to by a specific name. (TSQ's Shea springs to mind.) I realize that those users having a title referring to their specific name carries a greater significance than this one does, but I feel like it's a strong enough association to stick around as a title. It received enough votes where while not overwhelmingly in support, there's enough where I feel it's worth keeping.

Ircher
- What A Grand Idea
Another title which, while not receiving overwhelming support, still received a rather notable following. I feel like while it might not be THE most unique attribute specific to Ircher, it is still strongly appropriate and associated with him.

Bins
- Not Trash
I was a little worried that this was a little bit of a weak title, but I still like it. It's got enough of a following that I'll risk keeping it, assuming Bins wants it.

Jingle
- Ring a Bell?
I know it's a bit of a username pun, but it's something which just feels SO appropriate for Jingle. I've known Jingle for a long time and interacted with him a ton, and this title is something I feel just is ridiculously well-suited to him. I was not alone in thinking this, so if he wants to keep it, it's his. (That having been said, I should point out that there's other options available beyond this title.)

Skygazer
- Let's Get To Know...
This one, I am not so much approving, so much as going to ask Skygazer what her opinion on it is. I'm iffy on it, really really iffy on it, but if SHE thinks that it's a good title to keep, then sure, she can keep it. I trust her to have an objective, fair opinion on the subject in spite of it being a title for her. Plus, it being a title for her, she'd get the final say anyway.

PenguinPower
- Pongwin
This one I am equally as iffy on. I'm really really REALLY not sure it's actually a good title (I almost just outright rejected it), so I want to ask PenguinPower his thoughts on the subject.

RadiantCowbells
- People Tried
I'm kinda assuming that RC's gonna want his old title back instead of this one, but if he wants this one, sure, he can have it instead. It's a fairly appropriate title suiting his personality.

Not Approved
:

Prince of Renais
- Restoration King
Honestly, I gave this title just because it was the title given during the April title event and I couldn't think of anything better to give. I realize some people gave support to it, but I legitimately don't understand it. If there's some sort of actual good reason for it to make it a good title, nobody's explained it to me, so feel free to fix that issue, and if you do a good enough job to rally the community (and me) to it, then we can revisit.

BuJaber
- Not Even My Final Form
Honestly while it wasn't the worst title ever, it wasn't really a good one in my opinion. It was
okay
, but I don't think it was actually one which was worth keeping, and by the community's reaction (where it got some votes but not many), it seems they agree.

Every other title not listed

Regardless of how good the titles might've been, they just didn't get the necessary support.

If you feel like a title that didn't get approved should've been approved...well then, feel free to nominate it in the main thread!

NEXT TITLE EVENT: Title Council -
starting October 1st
!

(expired on 2019-10-01 16:42:22)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #399 (isolation #94) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:30 am

Post by mastina »

All event titles which haven't been approved (and the ones which were approved that the users rejected) should be removed now.
Let me know if any title is not as it should be (I know there's one or two I almost missed switching back to what they should be, so it's possible one slipped through the cracks).

Topic will be destickied after 24 hours or so.

Return to “Player Titles”