Micro 880: A Normal Game - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

CJF if you are so sure in town lich and town me for some reason

Go and scum case kop for me. Put the same effort you did into defending lich lol
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

I think TemporalLich is sometimes confused about what his own reads are.

I don't think that's particularly scummy, especially for a player who isn't concentrating on the game continuously. It's easy to forget the state of a game you haven't been actively concentrating on. (In a way, I think it's more likely to happen as town than scum, especially with daytalk, because the scum PT makes a convenient notes PT to make sure you don't forget what your fabricated reads are.) I've had to ISO myself something like 3-5 times this game in order to remind myself about bits of the gamestate that I'd forgotten.

PEDIT: As a side note, it's hard to play the game when anything you say leads to what feels like 7 or 8 rebuttal posts. I don't think you're intentionally doing that to hurt town, but I think it does hurt town – it's part of the reason the Geriatric Ruleset is popular – and as a consequence, I suspect that much of the playerlist is going to skip the past several pages.

PEDIT:
OkaPoka wrote:I really have no idea where your getting this idea that temporal lich pushes people for content thing though. It's out of left field.

We can literally see how temporal acts in a stagnate gamestate
In post 141, TemporalLich wrote:someone should put dunn in the tent
In post 143, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 142, Firebringer wrote:why r u so confident in dunn being scum?
I've got no other SR's and the game is stagnating.
He's transparent in that his scumread is his vote.

And he sticks with it, wanting to get intent to hammer which I can only presume he wants a roleclaim from dunn asap? I mean thats content in one way.
BUT

content can be better derived by pushing another wagon no? And he doesn't start another wagon, no he waits for dunn wagon to DIE before doing other stuff. Tell me how a content motivated player waits for others to break stagnation makes sense.
a) Pushing the wagon you're on for a while to see if anyone joins you makes sense, giving up on pushing it (and looking elsewhere) if nobody is following you also makes sense; b) the thing you're complaining about here is exactly what you've been doing, only you did it to a much greater extent (for long enough for a wagon to build on you, die, and rebuild again, that's the main reason most people were scumreading you). Besides, I think TemporalLich was being honest about having no scumreads other than Dunnstral as of #; it's hard to get scumreads that early (and the posts he scumread you for came later, other than # which he probably hadn't read until #).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I agree its hard to have other scumreads, but its hard to have scumreads at all that early.

You can probably meta me and see my older games, I used to post huge mega walls but those are hard on the eyes so not anymore. Spamposting is basically my way of emphasizing myself to break it up and make my points more powerful.

I'm glad you have ditched the idea that temporal lich plays to create content though.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 pm

In post 850, OkaPoka wrote:CJF if you are so sure in town lich and town me for some reason

Go and scum case kop for me. Put the same effort you did into defending lich lol
My case on Kop is written out in #. Kop's only made one post since, #, which doesn't seem to contribute anything to the game (and looks rather like lurking whilst trying to make it look like you aren't lurking; it also doesn't actually answer the question it quotes). If he can put into the effort to write a fairly long post that doesn't go anywhere, why not put in the effort to attempt to read somewhere off the wagon? So that's more of an extension of my original read.

If Kop posts more then there will be more posts to react to and get a read from.
scum
town
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

What is your solve right now?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:21 pm

Really I've lost track of most of the slots because you've been trying to make the game all about TemporalLich (and thus indirectly making it all about you). I'd like to evaluate more widely, but the heavy focus on one thing has effectively given town slots a reason and scum slots an excuse not to interact with anyone else, making town and scum behaviour more similar. (Dunnstral, for example, has been acting in a way I'd consider scummy in most gamestates but maybe not in this one; he's been posting only self-justification and information in the last 250 posts or so, but I can see that happening as town when the gamestate is overwhelming you.)

I'm not at the point in the game where I can attempt a full solve; there's too much missing information. (Really, it's hard to get anywhere in terms of full solves until you have a scumflip.)

For what its worth, though, I think that if you're scum, Sleepless Assassin is the most likely partner (# is possibly a scumslip, I vaguely remember having seen that exact slip before but can't remember where; the scumread on TemporalLich in # also seems a bit like an echo of you, although it's hard to be certain that that's the actual cause). Either way, he's probably unlikely to ever finish catching up at this point given the apparent work restrictions and the speed of the thread, and I haven't seen much to think he's scum other than associatives.
scum
town
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Can someone summarize the last 15 pages? I'll read it but I want a general idea of what I missed first
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Kop »

In post 765, skitter30 wrote:
In post 760, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 752, skitter30 wrote:
In post 704, OkaPoka wrote:he fking admits the contradiction when i literally lay out the cards in front of him

he doesnt back down until he has to
again, i'm saying that i think that the way he backed down was townie
you really think that scum have any other choice but to back down there? i mean reread the interaction and look at where he chooses to backdown, its when i PEAK BABY I PEAK

he had outs earlier, takes me to explicitly lay it all out in one post for him
why didn't scum!him take the earlier outs then
Maybe he didn't either see those outs or just felt that he was committed and pulling out wasn't a option to him at that time?
In post 792, skitter30 wrote:i really don't care if you think it's anti-town of me

i'm not voting someone i don't think is scum rn
at best i'd compromise lynch there but i'd *vastly* prefer a different lynch and voting tl won't make that happen

like sure, if a compromise deadline lynch happens there then yeah, we might deprive ourselves of wagon analysis .... but why should i play towards that scenario rn given that i don't think deadline is for a while anyways
Skitter, I don't know why, but I've got a paranoia about you. When I replaced in and read some of the thread, I had a (not a big but) town read on you, but over the past readings since replacing in, I am getting a paranoia that this could be a play. I just feel that your speaking when spoken too, and not moving from your stance. It feels like since you've cemented yourself as the highest poster in the thread, and not many people are scum reading you, you've set your stance and not really moved from it, and not willing to take any other stance, even when people are trying to talk to you about your stances.

You've mentioned 2/3 possibilities of who could be scum, but I'm only seeing these as words since I don't see you pushing those avenues but rather sit on your vote on Oka and not move unless it's a vanity wagon, which at this stage it looks like it could be.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:33 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 841, OkaPoka wrote:voting lich : )
I didn't scumread lich and still don'tSleepless Assassin is a question mark for me, noting that they may be unlikely partners with Kop if the predeccesor was truly overwhelmed

As for Kop himself, I don't remember much about him as a player but I remember low posting being pretty typical. I think there's a fair chance he's scum just based on other slots being town.

"No info lynch" is a bad argument, next to "they're low hanging fruit so it's scummy to push them" - which I remember both were used so far.

The above is interesting, you are saying that you've read the thread multiple times? Are you moving towards a skitter vote?

The other question mark for me is Firebringer, no clue what alignment he is or how to divine said info at this time. OHe moved off Skitter after I moved on, and now Kop is posturing around Skitter
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:41 am

Post by Kop »

In post 802, skitter30 wrote:
In post 801, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 797, skitter30 wrote:
In post 793, OkaPoka wrote:skitter if im doing a compromise deadline lynch im lynching you
a) that's p dumb of you given that you think tl is scum
b) in this gamestate i *highly* doubt you can make that happen
c) on the off-chance you do, i'm going to make sure that everyone understands that you're next
dunn is voting you
firebringer has voted you
sleepless has expressed dislike on your slot

i get you to l1 and there is no viable counterwagon you die,

please work with me and vote temporal lich

you've sat on me this entire day and run me up to l1 twice
you're asking me to vote someone i don't think is scum (and it's not just before deadline) so ... no
Well at this stage, it doesn't look like the Oka wagon is going to be the final wagon, there's got to be a compromise. You have 2/3 other possibilities, why not pursue them, I haven't seen your cases against them.

I mean I dislike your final point in a previous post where if Oka managed to get you flipped you'd make it clear that Oka would be next. If Oka was to vote you, you are making a trade it's either you or me, if it's me, I'm getting them to put you out next. Your attempting to make it out that if there was a wagon on you, your making it a trade and asking people to make a stance, which you know for a fact they are going to take a opposite because your town read by almost half the player list, and only 2 people have actually voted for you and 2 have expressed voting you, and 1 of those is if your a vanity wagon. If you made a trade, Oka would be first choice over you. So you can only make that point based on that.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:42 am

Post by Kop »

VOTE: Skitter
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:07 am

Post by Kop »

Skitter as pretty much sat on Oka for nearly 700 posts, as two other possibilities of who could be scum, but I don't recall Skitter engaging with them.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:11 am

Post by Kop »

In post 805, skitter30 wrote:
In post 803, OkaPoka wrote:skitter what's your solve
you + one of dunn/kop, off chance of cfj

tl, oversoul, fire, and sa are all p townie

if i'm wrong on one of the townreads it's oversoul
In post 804, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 763, skitter30 wrote:
In post 724, OkaPoka wrote:and he swaps votes from me to firebringer in between here so we can probs assume our positions of scumminess are swapped
eh the readslist hting is actually a legimate point
what happened to this?
i mean it's weird but i'm not sure it's scummy
Oh, she did engage a little bit with them, but that was questioning me on what I said.

And the other one was on CFJ but Skitter was being paranoid that she was being buddied up too.

I don't see anything in terms of engagement with Dunn.

Don't think that tells me those engagements were trying to sort those slots out tbh.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:13 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 855, callforjudgement wrote:but I can see that happening as town when the gamestate is overwhelming you.
The only thing that overwhelms me are the warm, fuzzy feelings I get when some of the cast here makes a post. Boy, I love that everyone is so unique. By the way, why would the gamestate be overwhelming instead of underwhelming? It feels like a lot of people have been content to vote park for days on end
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 857, Kop wrote:Skitter, I don't know why, but I've got a paranoia about you. When I replaced in and read some of the thread, I had a (not a big but) town read on you, but over the past readings since replacing in, I am getting a paranoia that this could be a play. I just feel that your speaking when spoken too, and not moving from your stance. It feels like since you've cemented yourself as the highest poster in the thread, and not many people are scum reading you, you've set your stance and not really moved from it, and not willing to take any other stance, even when people are trying to talk to you about your stances.
A) i dont think this is entirely accurate, that i'm not willing to take any other stance - i just dont see any reason to

B) if i'm scum i dont take the mislynch offered to me on a silver platter because .... ? Unless you wanf to argue i'm partners with lich this is a p dumb thing for me to do

C) i said that i'm kinda low effort rn cuz i'm burnt out
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 857, Kop wrote:You've mentioned 2/3 possibilities of who could be scum, but I'm only seeing these as words since I don't see you pushing those avenues but rather sit on your vote on Oka and not move unless it's a vanity wagon, which at this stage it looks like it could be.
It wasnt a vanity wagon till like ... just now, so its at best inaccurate to characterize my vote this way

Dunn has done nothing this game and isnt engaging, not sure what you expect me to do there

And now i'm working on you, yay
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

Dunn, i need you to explain what you dont like about my oka push
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:35 am

Post by Dunnstral »

What mislynch on a silver platter?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 859, Kop wrote:Well at this stage, it doesn't look like the Oka wagon is going to be the final wagon, there's got to be a compromise. You have 2/3 other possibilities, why not pursue them, I haven't seen your cases against them.

I mean I dislike your final point in a previous post where if Oka managed to get you flipped you'd make it clear that Oka would be next. If Oka was to vote you, you are making a trade it's either you or me, if it's me, I'm getting them to put you out next. Your attempting to make it out that if there was a wagon on you, your making it a trade and asking people to make a stance, which you know for a fact they are going to take a opposite because your town read by almost half the player list, and only 2 people have actually voted for you and 2 have expressed voting you, and 1 of those is if your a vanity wagon. If you made a trade, Oka would be first choice over you. So you can only make that point based on that.
A) none of this scummy
B) again, until like last night, oka was viable, so complaining that i'm sitting on a useless wagon is kinda silly given that it's a p recent development
C) i understand neither your final paragraph, nor why you're voting me
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 867, Dunnstral wrote:What mislynch on a silver platter?
Oka just tried to get me to vote lich about four times last night

Now cab you answer my question
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 810, OkaPoka wrote:because dunn/kop is not a compelling argument since that means they let town run me up to l1 twice and didnt hammer or even give intent when all eyes were on me and it was reasonable to for a hammer
In post 834, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 828, skitter30 wrote:eh i could see that narrative

still feel like scum would have figured out how to hammer you given that you've been at l-1 for like half a week if you're town here tho
hammering is hard tho

can you think of how a dunn/kop scum could get a hammer on me reasonably without drawing huge red flags?
@oka can you explain how these make sense together

In the first you're arguing against dunn/kop being scum becuase they didnt take the oppurtunity to hammer you

In the second yoh're saying that i shouldnt think it would have been easy for them to hammer you, so your wagon is not scum-indicative
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 576, skitter30 wrote:I think oka's wagon stalling at l-1 for like forever is scum indicative for him
Did not like this stuff
skitter30 wrote:Oka just tried to get me to vote lich about four times last night
That's 1 guy, it takes 5 votes to lynch
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

Now put into words why 'you dont like this stuff'

And maybe look at the most recent vc - i wpuld be the l-1 vote on him, so what are you going on about there

Got work bye
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 872, skitter30 wrote:Now put into words why 'you dont like this stuff'
It is pushing your agenda by saying things that aren't really true

Not sure why people pointed at Kop/me as if we were the only 2 who could have hammered Oka either.... What was everybody else doing?

VC think ok, I forgot Fire moved there. You were already on Oka though which had similar support. More importantly, I don't buy into the "why wouldn't I lynch him" argument to try to clear yourself
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Kop »

In post 864, skitter30 wrote:
In post 857, Kop wrote:Skitter, I don't know why, but I've got a paranoia about you. When I replaced in and read some of the thread, I had a (not a big but) town read on you, but over the past readings since replacing in, I am getting a paranoia that this could be a play. I just feel that your speaking when spoken too, and not moving from your stance. It feels like since you've cemented yourself as the highest poster in the thread, and not many people are scum reading you, you've set your stance and not really moved from it, and not willing to take any other stance, even when people are trying to talk to you about your stances.
A) i dont think this is entirely accurate, that i'm not willing to take any other stance - i just dont see any reason to

B) if i'm scum i dont take the mislynch offered to me on a silver platter because .... ? Unless you wanf to argue i'm partners with lich this is a p dumb thing for me to do

C) i said that i'm kinda low effort rn cuz i'm burnt out
What mislynch was offered to you?
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”