EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by EspressoPatronum »

@PB what are the next steps if Chemist flips town?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Klick »

Also, thank you EP, much appreciated. I disagree that a lot of stuff in Mena's case is alignment-indicative (particularly the parts where Gamma gets heated about non-game stuff), but based on that response I can tell that you're not solely sheeping Menalque and you've put a fair amount of your own thought into the read, which is what I was looking for.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1569, Pink Ball wrote:So just to follow your logic: you call a 1v1 a TvT, you THINK I call a 1v1 a TvT and my argument is not original because you called a TvT first? LOL
I would have said it better if I could but the words just would not come to me, so that was the closest words to how I was feeling. Plus it pushes your buttons which is my current MO here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:15 pm

In post 1576, Klick wrote:Also, thank you EP, much appreciated. I disagree that a lot of stuff in Mena's case is alignment-indicative (particularly the parts where Gamma gets heated about non-game stuff), but based on that response I can tell that you're not solely sheeping Menalque and you've put a fair amount of your own thought into the read, which is what I was looking for.
Happy to oblige.

My conviction on Gamma isn't as strong as it was maybe a day or two ago, but I'm not sure if it's because of evidence (ie. lack of evidence against him +/ better evidence against others) or his activity. If it's the latter, I don't think it's worth getting off the wagon.

I may swap to Chemist if I see a convincing reason that Gamma v Mena won't continue into D3.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:15 pm

In post 1577, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1569, Pink Ball wrote:So just to follow your logic: you call a 1v1 a TvT, you THINK I call a 1v1 a TvT and my argument is not original because you called a TvT first? LOL
I would have said it better if I could but the words just would not come to me, so that was the closest words to how I was feeling. Plus it pushes your buttons which is my current MO here
"iT wAs a ReAcTiOn TeSt"
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Menalque »

I don’t wanna compromise on gamma for today. I don’t really think chem/ofhrz helps towards a solve at this point, but I think gamma does.

I don’t love that RP has changed his vote off and gone to “reread the game” based on what I thought was some not particularly deep interaction with klick, where klick wasn’t even particularly eating his game solve ability. I still think he’s p town but if gamma flips scum then that pings me.

Although if gamma flips town then I guess I’d be looking at the RP ISO anyway
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1579, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 1577, Gamma Emerald wrote:
"iT wAs a ReAcTiOn TeSt"
Yes that's what I said, but it's not like it's one instance, I'm basically trying to make trouble and see if anyone puts their foot in their mouth or something
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1580, Menalque wrote:I don’t wanna compromise on gamma for today. I don’t really think chem/ofhrz helps towards a solve at this point, but I think gamma does.
Consider these two hypotheticals:

1. Both Chemist and ofhrz are scum. Wouldn't lynching one of them almost certainly help towards a 'solve'?
2. You and Gamma are town. How many times out of 10 do you think this town decides not to lynch you before endgame?

I think it's less important to vote for someone whose hypothetical flip will most optimally position town to 'solve' the game, and more important to vote scum.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1575, EspressoPatronum wrote:@PB what are the next steps if Chemist flips town?
ofrhz lol
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

hi busy but real quick snap reads

{chemist, dp}
{klick, creature, PB}
{rest}
{gamma, RP}
{ofhrz}

did not like RP’s post about hammer

be back in an hour or so, leave questions and I’ll get back to you

oh yeah sections unordered too
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1584, Chemist1422 wrote:hi busy but real quick snap reads

{chemist, dp}
{klick, creature, PB}
{rest}
{gamma, RP}
{ofhrz}

I want another read list after you've read everything
<Embrace The Void>

Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1585, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1584, Chemist1422 wrote:hi busy but real quick snap reads

{chemist, dp}
{klick, creature, PB}
{rest}
{gamma, RP}
{ofhrz}

I want another read list after you've read everything
no promises on timeliness but I’ll try to get it done tomorrow morning
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That's fine
<Embrace The Void>

RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 am

Post by RedPanda »

In post 1580, Menalque wrote:I don’t love that RP has changed his vote off and gone to “reread the game” based on what I thought was some not particularly deep interaction with klick, where klick wasn’t even particularly eating his game solve ability. I still think he’s p town but if gamma flips scum then that pings me.

I have to reread. I've been playing the game not knowing about daytalk.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:53 am

Post by RedPanda »

klick is 100% town.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:54 am

Post by RedPanda »

And the game should be easier now. Let's all go search for carefully constructed posts that seem like it's been approved by other scumbags.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:01 am

Post by Menalque »

Oh, I missed that that was the reason, makes more sense now
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:09 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1582, Klick wrote:
In post 1580, Menalque wrote:I don’t wanna compromise on gamma for today. I don’t really think chem/ofhrz helps towards a solve at this point, but I think gamma does.
Consider these two hypotheticals:

1. Both Chemist and ofhrz are scum. Wouldn't lynching one of them almost certainly help towards a 'solve'?
2. You and Gamma are town. How many times out of 10 do you think this town decides not to lynch you before endgame?

I think it's less important to vote for someone whose hypothetical flip will most optimally position town to 'solve' the game, and more important to vote scum.
1. Yes, if they’re both scum then lynching one prob does help somewhat. The prob is that I don’t think it helps guide us through and I’m not seeing them both as scum, so I don’t think lynching one today at least is likely to lead to lynching the other tomorrow. I’m not sure where everyone else is on the slots though and right now i cba to go back through and search.

2. Like 7-8 probs? I think this town seems p competent and I don’t think competent town lynches me before endgame.

But the key point is that I think gamma is v likely scum. I think that lynching him and a red flip means that you’ll start taking my creature scum read seriously, and from there I think we prob win after lynching creature post-gamma. If we lynch him and there’s a green flip then I’ve prob been going the wrong way and we go somewhere else (like chem & ofhrz).

Also idk why you’re putting solve in quotes?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:11 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1551, RedPanda wrote:what is that possiible in games with night?
In post 1588, RedPanda wrote:
In post 1580, Menalque wrote:I don’t love that RP has changed his vote off and gone to “reread the game” based on what I thought was some not particularly deep interaction with klick, where klick wasn’t even particularly eating his game solve ability. I still think he’s p town but if gamma flips scum then that pings me.

I have to reread. I've been playing the game not knowing about daytalk.
I’m not sure I buy this. Daytalk has been common for ages, and fake “there’s daytalk?” Townslips are practically a tradition.

This shakes my TR of Red Panda, I’ll need to re-evaluate him as I finish my D2 catchup this morning
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:16 am

Post by RedPanda »

I don't think I need to fake a townslip to be townread and also fwiw I think my gameplay is better than relying on shit like that.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:41 am

Post by RedPanda »

Cinnamon and Ep are not scum/scum.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1594, RedPanda wrote:I don't think I need to fake a townslip to be townread and also fwiw I think my gameplay is better than relying on shit like that.
That's...fair. Sorry. I forgot for a second who you were. You are indeed better than that.

That said, I also don't think a double-fake is beyond your experience and ability, even if it is rather more far-fetched. I've done that kind of thing myself, where you do something blatant, then use experience as a shield, so.......it's NAI, I suppose. I'll still be reviewing my earlier Townread, but I won't hold this against you. Fair?

Also, fwiw, I'm sitting down right now to go through D2. I've got about an hour uncontested, that should get me through ~half of D2.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:14 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1595, RedPanda wrote:Cinnamon and Ep are not scum/scum.
Explain this? They're both on my list.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:23 am

Post by RedPanda »

I'm only on page 12 but the timing of this interaction seems like they aren't on daytalk.
In post 222, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 219, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 218, EspressoPatronum wrote:Can you share why/how you got to your scumread of me? As it stands, it looks like it's either a bandwagon read or an OMGUS.
Honestly? You're right. Sorry. I signed up for too many games and I've always been more miserable in games outside of Newbie queue. I hate being in the dark about reads. Your posting has actually been p towny and I OMGUS'd out of annoyance.
Thanks for the honesty. If you find the time over the next few days, can you drop a quick post on people who feel the most scummy? We can @ you with specifics from there.

UNVOTE:

Got my sights set on URAP and Cinnamon now. Hoping to see more content from them tomorrow.
In post 223, Cinnamon wrote:
In post 218, EspressoPatronum wrote:Can you share why/how you got to your scumread of me? As it stands, it looks like it's either a bandwagon read or an OMGUS.
Honestly? You're right. Sorry. I signed up for too many games and I've always been more miserable in games outside of Newbie queue. I hate being in the dark about reads. Your posting has actually been p towny and I OMGUS'd out of annoyance.
Thanks for the honesty. If you find the time over the next few days, can you drop a quick post on people who feel the most scummy? We can @ you with specifics from there.

UNVOTE:

Got my sights set on URAP and Cinnamon now. Hoping to see more content from them tomorrow.
I'm not really sure what more content you want to see right now. It's kind of weird that you say that when I've posted my reads and you haven't interacted with them at all.
In post 224, Cinnamon wrote:This is the sort of 'I'm pushing on you for lurking' without actually asking about the things that I've said that make me feel a bit uneasy about you since this type of push would be easy to do as scum.

UNVOTE:

In post 223, Cinnamon wrote:

UNVOTE:

I'm not really sure what more content you want to see right now. It's kind of weird that you say that when I've posted my reads and you haven't interacted with them at all.
In post 224, Cinnamon wrote:This is the sort of 'I'm pushing on you for lurking' without actually asking about the things that I've said that make me feel a bit uneasy about you since this type of push would be easy to do as scum.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:25 am

Post by RedPanda »

wtf it didn't copy the next page quotes. but I think you can look at it yourself.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”