[CHALLENGE] July Challenge

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Job Application
12 players

9 town
- 7 townies and 2 applicants
3 mafia
- 2 goons and 1 applicant

Selection Phase
- Mafia have 24 hours to choose who will be their applicant

Application Phase
- 3 private topics will be made with 3 unique players in each private topic (excluding applicants). All 3 applicants will have their own private topic. 1 private topic will be all town. 2 private topics will have 1 goon in each
- Each applicant will be given 72 hours access to a different private topic. Their access and viewing privileges will be revoked after 72 hours. They will then get 72 hours to access a different private topic until each applicant has had 72 hours access to each private topic. Other applicants who enter a private topic after an applicant has been there will be able to see those posts

Selection Phase
- Everyone will vote for the applicant that will get a 1-shot private topic sensor ability (they choose a player and then will be given a result if that player's private topic contains mafia)
- This selection phase lasts 48 hours

Day Phase
- After the selection phase, the 1-shot private topic sensor ability will be used automatically on applicant's choice
- Normal voting will commence
- Once a player has been voted, the other individuals originally in that private topic will also leave the game
- Can vote for the applicants
- Mafia win if 2 of their members escape
- Town wins if they lynch two mafia

If someone could do the EV on this, I would appreciate it
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 107, mith wrote:
Take Two

4 Mafia
9 Townies

Each Day, the Town votes to lynch two players. Town win on any day by lynching a pair of Mafia. Otherwise, alignments are not immediately [edit]or ever[/edit] revealed. Instead, at Night, the Mafia chooses two players to kill, with the restriction that exactly 1 of the 4 lynched/killed players is Mafia.

After Day 3, there is no Night. Instead, if the Town has failed to lynch even a single Mafia out of the six players chosen, scum win immediately.
Otherwise, the game resets to Day 1 and all players are again alive.
If after the second Day 3 town has not won by lynching a pair of Mafia, scum win.

With completely random choices both days, EV is 40.63%. However, about 70% of games will get to the second cycle, and town will do a bit better than random in these games by taking into account the information from the first cycle. For example, the probability of a first cycle Day 1 win is 1/13, but on the second cycle Day 1 town knows that 2 of the last 5 players were Mafia and one of those pairs is already ruled out so they can win 1/9 by picking another pair from that group. I suspect the true EV is pretty close to 50%, maybe eventually I'll work out all the details.

(This is an open/vanilla version of a Tragedy Looper or Majora's Mask game which has been bouncing around in my head for a while.)
This sounds like a fun game!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Oversoul »

Should the runner up then just win? To be fair if I voted Mith’s Would have been 1 or 2. I don’t think Cinnamon’s would be that much fun as either alignment

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”