League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

https://tft.mobalytics.gg/ for tft players this is a really informative site that tells you a lot and also gives you ideas for decentish team comps to try out
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4220, PJ. wrote:Hey look, mastina came up with the exact comp that was the best thing on pbe before nerfs.
Yes and I did it on my own without looking anything up, thankyouverymuch.

Kinda annoyed that so many other people play it to be honest; it makes it harder for me to do it if everyone else is trying for the same thing. :P
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

mastina try out other comps
if you keep on repeating the samething you'll get bored of it, plus auto chess is about adapating to the pieces you get offered.

I've tried a lot of Knight Rangers and I've been having fun
I've also had fun everytime I went Glacial
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

also mastina other people play it because they're seeing more WW, Nidalees, and Ahris before you do
I almost never see Ahris so I never get to go that comp anymore.
GTKAS
| here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

I had a team that seemed soooo strong lose by landslide to glacial in a finals.

Glacial seems like it has to be the strongest endgame team.

It stuns all your units, and now your units don't move. What is the counter to that? Karthus ult? no Karthus can't ult while he's stunned. Kayle ult? no Kayle can't ult while she's stunned. Kindred ult (which counter a lot of my best endgame teams), nope kindred can't ult while she's stunned.

The game doesn't have tenacity or cleanse effects. Mechanically if Rapid Fire Cannon Ashe shoots a unit and rolls "yes" on her glacial proc, there are no mechanics in the entire game that can make your unit not get stunned, unless Kayle ult blocks which I doubt because it doesn't work that way in Summoner's Rift and Kayle ult doesn't block lifesteal.

I'm gonna try to consider transitioning to glacial more often when it looks like I'm going to top4.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Psyche »

i keep feeling weird qiyana cravings and then i play her and they're gone
reminds me of when i was learning zilean i spose
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That's definitely how zil feels for sure.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

Am fully convinced she's OP now that I understand better what can be done with her ult. The mix of top-tier utility and damage she has right now seems sure to make up for her lack of sustain in capable hands. Much like old ryze, the core of her kit is super reliable even if the overall package requires situational decision-making and mechanics. People are gonna get better and better with her and then she'll be gutted.
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

The problem is her playing phase is sub-par and she's even more snowball reliant than other assassins. They basically need to stand next to a wall for this to work.

Also her base damage sucks.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 am

Post by Psyche »

Yah she def has her downsides. Wonder if she really more snowball reliant, though! In my mind her ult and so on make her more useful when behind than other assassins might be? I'm not sure, she's so beyond me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4229, popsofctown wrote:I had a team that seemed soooo strong lose by landslide to glacial in a finals.
IF you can get them going, Glacial 6 with any accompanying synergies (e.g. Guardian, Ranger, Demon, Knight, Elementalist) is literally hands-down the strongest comp in the game bar none.

The problem is, that's one big huge gigantic 'if'.
You need to get Anivia, a 5-cost unit that's ultra-rare; you need to frequently roll Lissandras, Braums, Ashes, and Volibears and while getting a T2 Ashe isn't too hard (and maybe, MAYBE T2 Lissandras/Braums/Volibears/Sejuanis), getting T3s is basically impossible yet you need at least one T3 glacial for the comp to work.

If you can get it going, it's ridiculously broken...but you'll never be able to get it going in time 95% of the time and you'll just...DIE. (Same thing applies for Noble 6 btw; 6 nobles is brokenly powerful...but it relies on getting Kayle and rolling lots of noble units to get T2s. T2s on Lucian, Fiora, Garen, and Vayne are easy and you might even get T3s for them, but the remaining two are quite a bit harder to get T2 on.)

Is something I wanna do for fun tho.
(I've played around with max-Shapeshifters and max-Brawlers; max-Glacial's one I want to try out.)

Honestly I think that any team with heavy CC on units that don't die, is pretty damn strong. (For an example, I hardcore lost to a team with a triple-spear of shojin-Pyke, whose ult stuns your entire team...and this was POST NERF ON PYKE but even post-nerf his stun is OP when given triple shojin.)
In post 4229, popsofctown wrote:The game doesn't have tenacity or cleanse effects.
I legit do think that's what the game needs most of all.

Assassin comps are hard-countered by Phantom Dancer as an item because it shuts down their ability to instakill units. (Well, there are other counters to an assassin comp...among them being the glacial comp. But Phantom Dancer is a fairly reliable, easy to obtain counter.)

I legit think that for all the comps that stun, they need a counter in the form of an item doing exactly that, giving immunity to stuns.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4232, Psyche wrote:Am fully convinced she's OP now that I understand better what can be done with her ult. The mix of top-tier utility and damage she has right now seems sure to make up for her lack of sustain in capable hands. Much like old ryze, the core of her kit is super reliable even if the overall package requires situational decision-making and mechanics. People are gonna get better and better with her and then she'll be gutted.
Yeah my prediction is that her ult gets hard-nerfed.

The rest of her mechanics seem pretty similar to most other assassins, e.g. Akali. Maybe she's a bit stronger in some ways, maybe she's a bit weaker in other ways, maybe she's slightly different, maybe she's overpowered even without her ult, but those abilities aren't going to need radical changes to be balanced. They might require fine tweaking, but they're as a concept just fine.

Qiyana's ult though is busted. It can be used on most areas of the map. Yes, it can't be used inside a base; yes, it's hard to use in a lane (hard, not impossible, as if someone gets knocked/goes on their own too close to the map wall...she can ult on said wall), but on like 80% of the map she can use it to delete whoever's hit...and she can hit basically anyone with it.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 am

Post by Alisae »

I don't even know (or care) about what she does
GTKAS
| here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 4235, mastina wrote:
In post 4229, popsofctown wrote:The game doesn't have tenacity or cleanse effects.
I legit do think that's what the game needs most of all.

Assassin comps are hard-countered by Phantom Dancer as an item because it shuts down their ability to instakill units. (Well, there are other counters to an assassin comp...among them being the glacial comp. But Phantom Dancer is a fairly reliable, easy to obtain counter.)

I legit think that for all the comps that stun, they need a counter in the form of an item doing exactly that, giving immunity to stuns.
Sometimes you can't get an item you want no matter what. So I think I'd like to see unit-based counters more since those are generally pretty accessible.

Like I was watching disguised_toast stream and he had a highly carry based team then someone randomly tossed a blitzcrank into their team that wasn't there before and killed his stacked draven and slaughtered him

It's annoying to want to counter something using an item and to just never roll the right item. It's doubly annoying when that item is just generically good anyway and you just want it anyway and you don't get it but I think that is narrowly just rapid fire cannon versus yordles, it feels mega bad when you're like, it is bad on it's own not to be able to find recurve bows, but i'm fighting this niche comp and now it's double-bad.

I'd like it if they reworded kindred ult to "dodge all attacks and spells while the units are at X hp or less" cause that feels like it needs more counterplay too.

If they decide to go with item based counterplay I think they would need to let us break apart items into their components at some point
"Well, I..."
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:00 am

Post by PJ. »

Blitz crank only works once though.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah. Was more about the concept than a strong assertion that Blitzcrank is currently keeping a super health rock paper scissors lizard spock dynamic metagame going.

If the opposing adc has rapid firecannon in their 3 item stack and you give blitz a bit of attack speed then you would always pull the adc on the second hook? But the adc might have already contributed too much by then so I dunno
"Well, I..."
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:13 am

Post by inte »

hit diamond bois

time to quit this awful game
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Alisae »

today I got gold in tft ranked!
GTKAS
| here.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Psyche »

since i hit gold i haven't cared much about ranked and i thought that'd make me quit but instead it's even nicer playing wo that sense of insecurity
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

I am gold also and the "climb" has slowed if it's even a climb.

One thing I find really fascinating about being in gold and somewhat stable is how there is incentives to do different strategies that are aiming for different placements. I had a game where I didn't get tons of items and got cut off from the units that would work really well for an endgame comp. BUT I went 4 knights + phantoms resulting in a comp that kept winning in midgame and lost by narrow margins. I made 3rd. There are so many times where if I forced an endgame comp with the same RNG I think I would make way worse than 3rd and not losing a bunch of LP can be important.

When there was no ranked it was fun to just aim for first over and over because it's fun to stomp but it's more nuanced than that now.
"Well, I..."
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by PJ. »

Tft is like 83% luck.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

I play magic I'm impervious to it.
"Well, I..."
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

They actually made tft less variance last night too.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4245, PJ. wrote:Tft is like 83% luck.
Yup, just about. There's skill involved in figuring out how to work with the cards you're dealt, but what cards you're dealt are random, and if you are in the late game, had a great comp, but need a unit to keep you in the win, and no such unit spawns (think: noble 5, or any unit you have 8/9 for T3 that refuses to spawn the ninth no matter how many times you reroll), you can be fucked over by having no fallback.

I've actually been finding, then, that in the current meta, until late game, having a scattershot approach where you've got like five different 2/3 synergies yet no 4/6 ones is of the best counters to bad luck. If your comp is improved by almost any unit, it's less important what you roll. And late game, you can switch out the units/synergies less effective IF you have the units to complete the synergy you are committing to.

BTW, in general, I'm also finding that there's only a few good items. Warmogs is the only Giant's belt item worth building, unless you are up against units which heal (in which case, you need red buff to counter said healing). That, or you're at Glacial 1/3/5, have a spatula, lack the glacial unit, and have a unit who'd benefit from being glacial.
The only time you use capes for anything besides the dragon's tooth is when you need healing (bf sword), or are running a Veigar carry comp(recurved).
The chain vest is mostly worthless unless needing situational items, e.g. needing a final knight. Thornmail for some damage reflection is nice, but really the main reason to put thornmail on is for the 40 armor.
Tears are only good for spears of shojin, making a demon, or doubling up on tears to make that 20mp after spellcast item. Statikk Shiv is an item of desperation most of the time, tho thematically I admit that I waste them on Vayne because her passive being every third shot matching Statikk Shiv's triggering every third shot appeals to me.

Spatulas are mostly only for Force of Nature.
And so on and so forth.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm glad you are wrong about everything including agreeing with me cause last patch they literally made the variance lower by decreasing death speed.

Return to “The Arcade”