Micro 880: A Normal Game - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Oka
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Oversoul »

Oka is scum. I have divined it.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 13, callforjudgement wrote:I knew someone was going to call me on that and was wondering who. That said, I don't think it's possible to deduce much from this; I just wanted to have something to talk about.
:?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 21, callforjudgement wrote:Well, I see #6 as rather scummier than #4. (Joking around is part of Firebringer's personality, indeed. IIRC, joking about being scum statistically happens more often when the person making the joke is scum, but it's so early in the game that there's not much else to joke about, so #4 doesn't indicate much.)
Is this true?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 94, callforjudgement wrote:VOTE: Firebringer

This is not a strong read at all, but I believe in always having a vote out.
Um.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 305, skitter30 wrote:also grats on being the first person to actually recognize the difference between my singleball and multiball range lol

@temporal why am i town?
What is the difference?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Skitter, have you noticed people getting more suspicious of you since that scummy banner went live?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Oversoul »

CFJ’s play is almost too analytical for me. Hmm. I do appreciate his forthright nature though.

Town reads on Skitter, Firebringer
Town lean on Dunstral and CFJ
Scum lean on Sleepless and Sassy. Not sure if this is because of their awol nature though
Scum read on Oka
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Gut. :nerd:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I'm just kidding, Firebringer. :lol: See below -
In post 114, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 113, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 110, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 109, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 17, Dunnstral wrote:Hey guys, glad to be a member of the town once again
This also being isn't a good sign.
Can you explain how it isn't a good sign?
... because it seems artificial and forced?
How is it artificial and forced?

Explain your whole thought process
In post 173, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 167, TemporalLich wrote:VOTE: OkaPoka
I also felt
Maybe, but a scumread is still a scumread
Why did you switch your vote?
These two posts in particular seemingly expressed genuine attempts to discern thought process/alignment.

In addition, I thought had a lot of holes and "I don't knows" that scum would not openly admit since it could look potentially opportunistic.

In post 231, skitter30 wrote:
In post 208, Sleepless Assassin wrote:I see from post 123 now you're going with the resistance thing. How much resistance can really be expected if Dunn as scum only has one buddy, maybe two but most likely not? Especially if his buddy wasn't around. Ugh, I type that out and see callforjudgement beat me to that point. I'll leave in in my post anyway and my questions in the above paragraph still stand. Im also curious what you think of the timing of firebringers (why did my phone auto correct to fire fingers?) vote on you and whether you'd consider that to be resistance.
i don't know, i'm just kinda speaking from experience - i've not often seen scum get run up this fast in a micro
i don't know necessarily what their buddy may be doing, i'm just kinda saying holistically after playing a lot of micros i can't think of any offhand where scum got l-1'd that fast

if scum is getting wagoned there's two votes that wont' be on that player
but if town is getting wagoned in a lol-rvs kind of way, there's two scum who would be happy to join the wagon. idk if dunn's town or if there were two scum on him but i think that in that kind of wagon scum are happy to place votes so there won't be resistance

like i guess i'm not really looking at this from the poe of: if he's scum there would have been resistance so what's his buddy doing
but more like: in general in a micro i think it's p easy for town to get run up, esp in a lol-rvs wagon, since scum have little incentive to not vote, so the fast wagon kinda looks like this scenario to me

i hope that explained my thought process

and yeah i thought fire's vote offwagon was some of that potential resistance if it actually is a wagon on scum
This post from Skitter looks really townie. I don't think scum would acknowledge how quickly the wagon ballooned and essentially deflate it. I disagree with the overall logic of the post because it assumes that scum would never vote for their partners. Unless Oka and Skitter are scum
together
, I do not think Skitter would make this post.

Additionally, her active scumhunting is lightyears beyond anyone else.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I generally find it suspicious when people do not post often, or if they do post, it is with very little information. It is for that reason that old players like Chamber, Cogito Ergo Sum, and Empking were always so hard for me to read. They never posted and when they did it was hard to understand their thought process because they were so opaque.

Sleepless began the game much the same way. He did pick it up for two posts (one in which where he shares my idea re: Skitter and the Oka wagon), but those posts don't feel totally genuine to me. That being said, I do agree with his point about Skitter and Oka.

In general I find it suspicious when a player's activity changes, one way or another. If they go from posting a lot to posting a little, it seems like it could be scum who think they have secured the trust of the town. If they lurk and then DANGER appears causing them to become active, it could be scum doing some self-preservation.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 421, OkaPoka wrote:okay i guess im just going to avoid sorting you until later if i make it to that stage
What is making you avoid sorting him until later?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 435, Firebringer wrote:oka wagon is trash
Why?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 424, OkaPoka wrote:because i don't know if analyzing is within scumrange and old games are really bad ways to meta people so ill just scumhunt the old fashion way which is vca/wagons -> reading motivations
Hmm. I actually like this post. That’s unfortunate for my read on you. :?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Oversoul »

It means I am less sure.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:03 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 457, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 456, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 451, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 450, OkaPoka wrote:does dunn's original post not suffice
I mean I can actually take it to heart so it sorta works, but more explanation would be nice before I consider voting SnS (though it's pretty much moot now).
then what does this mean
I would have needed more explanation to vote SnS, but it doesn't matter anyway.
Why doesn’t it matter?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Oversoul »

Why aren't you more aggressively pushing Temporal?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Oversoul »

What? :?

Is he not your strongest scum read?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 478, skitter30 wrote:
In post 404, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Oka
Had u read the game before posting?
I had skimmed the game
In post 481, skitter30 wrote:
In post 413, Oversoul wrote:CFJ’s play is almost too analytical for me. Hmm. I do appreciate his forthright nature though.

Town reads on Skitter, Firebringer
Town lean on Dunstral and CFJ
Scum lean on Sleepless and Sassy. Not sure if this is because of their awol nature though
Scum read on Oka
Why is fire town?
I think sa is town too
I think you, fire, and CFJ have been the ones most actively trying to figure things out in the game. In general, I think scum are more likely to post less frequently, lurk, give undeveloped thoughts, etc. I did not see that much from either of you three. That is my general impression.

For FB, it is similar to my reasoning to town read you. FB was a part of the Dunnstral wagon and he also noticed how fast that wagon got to L-1. He acknowledged it and unvoted in . I found that post in particular to be fairly townie because if scum, why not just let his vote sit there and coast, or better yet, get a lolhammer. Additionally, he changed his vote to you - a person he suspected in , , and . All of those interactions combined present a scumhunting thought process that I view as townie. It is possible that FB and Dunn are partners and that is why FB backed off the wagon, but it is ay too early in the game for me to even attempt to say that with any degree of certainty. Plus, I find his refusal to join the Oka wagon to be townie. I think scumFirebringer could very easily tack on a vote to Oka and just enjoy generally being town read. Again, it is possible that Firebringer is scum with Oka and thus does not want that wagon to go through, but like that too is still too early to determine.

What is your opinion of Kop? I don't love because that seems like an easy post to make if scum. That said, I do think that shows original thinking that so far has not been leveraged against Oka (leading wagon). Maybe I have a different idea of how scum would handle an Oka!town wagon.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 485, callforjudgement wrote:I'm pretty sure that most scum would, if replacing in, look for excuses to push a hypothetically town OkaPoka to claim or lynch. (A minority of scum would instead decide to hard-defend him; I don't much see the point in this scum strategy, but I've seen it tried often enough to be aware it exists.)
I agree with that analysis. My other thought on the Oka wagon is that it has had a mostly hard time gaining traction, which points to it more likely being on scum.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 519, OkaPoka wrote:Did sweet n sassy ask to play mafia or did you ask her to play @sleepless
Why would this matter, Oka? :?
In post 520, OkaPoka wrote:Is there a role modifier that only lets you check people on lynch wagon?
There is a role called sensor. It is very OP though.
In post 531, skitter30 wrote:i think you actually believe the things you're pushing (even tho i disagree with them)
and, in contrast to jazz mafia, i actually feel like you're trying to solve the game and i can see how your thoughts have been developing
Why don’t you particularly like your townread on FB? Do you disagree with my assessment of FB town?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 544, callforjudgement wrote:Actually, the main thing I'm surprised at is that skitter hasn't complained abut my recent activity. I've been having problems finding things to say about this game because it feels like not much is happening; there have been lots of posts but I haven't seen much alignment-indicative in them, and not much that warrants really pointing it out. So I haven't been posting as much as I'd like, and I feel like skitter would have picked up on that?
So there was something that was potentially alignment indicative. ;) You did not feel like Kop's posts pointed one way or another towards his alignment, even after Sassy lurked to her replacement?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 557, skitter30 wrote:@cfj should i be worried that i'm starting to feel like ur buddying me?
What did you expect CFJ to say to this if he was scum buddying you? :?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think CFJ’s analysis is good re: your potential moves after replacing into this game. I think it’s more likely that replaced scum would try to avoid any drastic moves like hammering.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 569, callforjudgement wrote:I don't believe in trying to keep things hidden as town (unless you're really widely townread, or have a mechanical certainty of being able to prove you're town, and want to keep things hidden in order to get reads). If you're being open with everyone, it's surprisingly hard to survive as scum without giving away your partners. So I like to do this as town precisely because it's hard to imitate as scum.
+++town points for CFJ

For clarification, I think Day 1 is a little too early to try and discern activity levels, especially given the extent of replacements in this game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 642, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 618, skitter30 wrote:
In post 587, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Skitter30

I don't like their push
Uh huh

Do tell
I voted you on a whim, without thinking about it too hard
I actually hate this. It's cheeky, but not the sort of cheeky that I really attribute to town. But that might be because Dunn has been missing the last couple of days. Going through and rereading the TemporalLich and Oka feud
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Dunnstral

I think Oka is town after reading his interactions with Temp. The thought processes and frustration feel genuine enough that I am no longer comfortable to vote Oka off the island. Fellow
Americans
lend me your strength for this
vanity
wagon!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

I don’t want to vote Oka anymore because he legitimately was investigating you and probing your motivations/reasoning and it didn’t look like something he just fabricated
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Oversoul »

:? It fizzled because he made townie posts?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

Prod received, need to read
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

Hm. Deadline is soon. That's not good
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 798, TemporalLich wrote:firebringer and dunn are my compromise lynches... skitter is not to be voted
Hmmm.

I think I am no longer comfortable with a Temporal lynch and strongly urge everyone to vote Dunn. Posting this out of reference of my catchup because deadline is [allcaps]soon[/allcaps].
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 689, callforjudgement wrote:Both of Oka's reasons for scumreading Temp are utterly bizarre.
I am curious why you think they are utterly bizarre? The one about the reads not lining up seems pretty reasonable.
In post 735, Firebringer wrote:I am kind leaning on Temp or Skitter as one scum and Dunnstral being the other.

Where the hell are u dunny boi?
You should vote Dunn with me!
In post 758, skitter30 wrote:
In post 712, OkaPoka wrote:skitter if ur town please reread my iso and lich's iso
i just reread lich's

it's a town iso
Explain what makes it an unwavering town iso?
In post 763, skitter30 wrote:
In post 724, OkaPoka wrote:and he swaps votes from me to firebringer in between here so we can probs assume our positions of scumminess are swapped
eh the readslist hting is actually a legimate point
This sounds like you *really* want Temp to be town rather than think his posting is town.
In post 807, skitter30 wrote:basically the same minus you

oversoul probably loses the townread / goes down a tier
Well that's rude. Why?
In post 828, skitter30 wrote:eh i could see that narrative

still feel like scum would have figured out how to hammer you given that you've been at l-1 for like half a week if you're town here tho
This is probably the strongest argument for Oka-scum to be fair.

CFJ stronger town lean for

In post 922, skitter30 wrote:
and
2. hammering is hard and they couldn't have done it without causing red flags if scum

like basically in 1 you're saying they had the oppurtunity to hammer you but chose not to, and this points to town!them
and in 2 you're saying that they could not have hammered you in a not-suspicious fashion

like these don't make sense as a coherent thought process

it can't have been both easy adn hard to hammer you; apparently which it was is dependant on what you're trying to argue at the time

if anything i'd argue that this implies that *your* thoughts are mercurial

. It felt like active lurking to me and removed the townlean on me. It is odd to me that you are immediately zoned in on this vote I put onto you rather than really try to parse any of the other wagons/options. Your reaction makes me feel better about my shot in the dark actually. :lol:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1002, Dunnstral wrote:Post 642 isn't in reference to you though?

Deadline lynch is a copout answer and we weren't that close to deadline when you actually voted me, and you never had any actual reasons to vote for me
In post 1001, Oversoul wrote:It is odd to me that you are immediately zoned in on this vote I put onto you rather than really try to parse any of the other wagons/options.
I didn't immediately do anything though, you sat on your vote for so long that you got prodded
462 doesn't need to be about me to think you're scummy for it.

We have been getting 48 hour additions to the deadline like every day for the last 5 days. And yes, I did. I may not have attached them to the vote itself, but I made reference to the reason.

Hmm, maybe that was the product of having to catchup and confirmation bias. Looking through your iso it does appear that I was wrong about that comment.
In post 1003, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1001, Oversoul wrote:and removed the townlean on me
What does this mean?
It was a fail because I am tired, but I meant it to say "removed the townlean for me" as in when I read it I moved you down from being a townlean.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (isolation #34) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Oversoul »

VOTE: Kop

I will be here by deadline. I find it odd that many people arouses suspicions of Dunn but did not even raise a finger to try to pressure him.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Oversoul »

Skitter + temp
CFJ + Firebringer
Okapoka + me

I think this game just PoE’d itself to victory
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Oversoul »

Lmao no. Complete opposite. People I feel solidly town about. Admittedly Skitter + temp is most recently role reasons but they’ve been crumbing real hard
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1035, Kop wrote:
In post 1032, Oversoul wrote:Lmao no. Complete opposite. People I feel solidly town about. Admittedly Skitter + temp is most recently role reasons but they’ve been crumbing real hard
And now you've kinda put markers on there backs because scum are now going to be digging into those posts to see what they have possibly been crumbing.
Erm no. Not how that works lol
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Oversoul »

Fruit vendor is not specifically town. Same with neighborizer
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Oversoul »

Oh that’s spicy but we have like 7 hours to deadline so either please vote dunn with me or claim
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

All of the above.

The post where he voted Skitter is scummy. He’s just parked his vote there without any real scumhunting in my opinion.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

I’m here
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1135, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1133, callforjudgement wrote:Neither of those are viable wagons.
You guys can vote what I want or no lynch, I'm not compromising
Yeah this isn’t town with 2 hours until deadline.

VOTE: Dunnstral

For the record, I find the Temp flash wagon to be very bad but I do not have time to really read it. I thought he was a mason with Skitter. I will not be around for deadline unfortunately

Pedit: finally someone sees the light
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1825 (isolation #43) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:56 am

Post by Oversoul »

Has anything changed since I was last here. I had to replace out because of a family emergency
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (isolation #44) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:20 am

Post by Oversoul »

Wow this is shit
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Oversoul »

Pretty much all of my townreads from day 1 are alive right now. Lmao wow am I bad at this game
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1827, skitter30 wrote:I think your slot might be scum with oka, discuss
I’m not scum, I didnt think Oka was scum before I left
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Oversoul »

I don’t really remember when i first came into the game. I do remember that the type of reaction he had to that absurd pressure of being L-1 for days looked really town to me the more I watched him
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:53 am

Post by Oversoul »

Yeah I really can’t remember Skitter :( I’m sorry
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:54 am

Post by Oversoul »

I’ll reread today and tomorrow to see if it hogs my memory
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1838, Firebringer wrote:wow oversaul is back?
Can’t get rid of me that easily
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (isolation #51) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Oversoul »

Wait so Kop said he used mailman to CFJ the night CFJ died?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (isolation #52) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Oversoul »

I did not receive mail last night
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (isolation #53) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Oversoul »

Hmm. Need to reread Day1 specifically I think
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (isolation #54) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1865, skitter30 wrote:ok my conclusion after rereading day1 is that kop is prob scum
I have thoughts but no energy. I will post tomorrow morning with said thoughts but looks like they won’t be controversial :hitoshrug:
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1879 (isolation #55) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Ok. After rereading Day 1 slowly, I think this is my breakdown of the game and that Kop is definitely scum. I think FB might be the buddy.

---

Skitter is confirmed town due to her hammertest. If she is scum and didn't hammer for whatever reason, we have already lost so this might all be for nothing anyway.

Based off what we know, I think the setup is TA + 2-shot Friendly Neighbor vs 1-shot Roleblocker + Goon. I think Kop is lying about his mailman ability entirely since it has now been 2 nights where we have not seen him confirm himself. I think the roleblocker is 1-shot because that matches up with the Friendly Neighbor being limited shot. Additionally, the EV math on 2 confirmed townies (Friendly Neighbor/IC and TA) against 2 scum in a 9 person setup is still only ~33% (scroll down to according to the 9p setups with 2 innocents). I am treateing Traffic Analyst as a confirmed innocent for the purpose of this argument. In my limited experience designing setups, I think including a full roleblocker skews the EV too hard into scum's favor. Even with a 1-shot roleblocker, I still think that the EV is scumsided.

When we get to the claim itself, Oka had been at the precipice of death for days. He made it out by not claiming (at which point meant he is a VT). I think Kop realized that he would need to claim something in order to weather that storm once the pressure moved onto him. By the time he started crumbing both Oka and myself had just moved onto his wagon and the wagon swelled to L-2. I also find it odd how he said that he accepted his lynch because that was the consensus everyone wants, but then when asked to self-hammer he said he wouldn't.

Then we get to the matter of CFJ dying the first night. Kop conveniently claims that he visited CFJ the same night CFJ dies. I think Kop claiming to visit CFJ was to protect himself against a tracker potentially existing in the setup, that way his "role" could be confirmed and it would not immediately out him as scum for lying. Remember the EV thing I said earlier? About the setup still being scumsided? CFJ even pointed out a similar setup with a tracker being deemed normal, but swingy involving a TA + Tracker vs 2 goons. The scumteam could have been scared that a TA + Tracker + 2-shot Friendly Neighbor vs a 1-shot RB + Goon was the setup. From a scum perspective, that makes sense to try to "coincide" night actions so that at least the targets are believable. Hiding in plain sight. It also helps that CFJ did not fully believe Kop's role and said that it would sort itself out later. The language CFJ used in regards to Kop's role seems very skeptical and pretty much implies that CFJ was only letting Kop live because of the role itself.

Then we get to the fact that Temporal died the night he did, as opposed to the first night. Why not just kill him the first night and try to use your RB elsewhere? I think because scum was worried CFJ would gun for Kop the moment Kop's role was not confirmed. CFJ was just nommed for a title called Microprocessor because of how involved he is with Micro games. Particulary Micro,
normal
games. Anyone notice the title of this game? I would bet that scum killed CFJ for a combination of being on the right track (heh) by suspecting Kop and probably being able to create conftown through setup analysis
alone
. We were already a single step away from a massclaim.

But the Temp kill interests me beyond just being "oh he was a power role". Temp came into the announcing that he was 1) roleblocked and 2) attempted to target Firebringer. Additionally, Temp had been public about his not liking Kop for his hammer on Dunn. A PR that suspects both scum? That has to die from any scum point of view. That is why I think Temp died the night he did. From looking through Temp's iso, he seems to believe that Kop is town due to the mailman claim and that is pretty much it. Additionally, Temp had announced suspicion of both Oka and FB. It is possible that scum did not want to kill Temp the first night because they didn't think he was that accurate and thus not a threat. Once he claimed on Day 2, Temp, from a Kop + FB team, had to be eliminated.

If I had gotten mail, I would probably not being going after Kop. FB + Oka have pretty awful wagon interactions from my glance through their ISOs, but when I did not get mail today that pretty much confirmed Kop after I thought about the setup.

FB I think makes sense as scum after that hammer. That hammer was awful. It came out of nowhere and stunted town discussion tremendously. He didn't even wait for a claim. I can see scum doing that fearing another power role lurking to avoid getting nightkilled.

I am going with my gut that Oka is town. The emotion and the effort that he exerted casing Temp look really townie after rereading Day 1. I admit he did get paranoid and very wagon happy after his dissipated, but I think that was symptom of pretty much everyone saying that his case was correct, but that did not mean Temp was scum. That would have driven me bonkers too.

---

For the record, I think hammer testing FB is a bad idea. I think hammer testing Kop is also a bad idea. FB has a recent scum game finished (Guns and Roses II) so I am going to look to see if there are any similarities.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (isolation #56) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1879, Oversoul wrote:Ok. After rereading Day 1 slowly, I think this is my breakdown of the game and that Kop is definitely scum. I think FB might be the buddy.
It was the first paragraph of my post dude. First paragraph.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1890 (isolation #57) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1881, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1879, Oversoul wrote:also find it odd how he said that he accepted his lynch because that was the consensus everyone wants, but then when asked to self-hammer he said he wouldn't.
Tbf i dont think i ever self-hammer in that situation, so i'm not sure that's a reason to scumread him
Really? I think self-hammering is the town thing to do objectively. Or else we end up here in Lylo with all our unaswered questions from the first day.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (isolation #58) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Consider yourself lucky :(

I think the only time I don’t self hammer is if I am in LyLo.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1895 (isolation #59) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Oversoul »

God I’m jealous. I never get nightkilled and get mL’d often as either alignment. I think my first three games I was brought to 3P LyLo. That sucked
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (isolation #60) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Oversoul »

It actually pains me when people scumread me as town. I think I must talk weird/not explain myself well
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1907 (isolation #61) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:28 pm

Post by Oversoul »

It actually pains me when people scumread me as town. I think I must talk weird/not explain myself well
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (isolation #62) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:09 am

Post by Oversoul »

I was hoping that Kop would address my case against him (or FB for the matter), but it doesn't look like he will.

I wonder if he is just going to die in silence to not give any more associative tells since everyone has him as scum. At any rate, I feel comfortable doing this. VOTE: Kop
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1971 (isolation #63) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1963, OkaPoka wrote:if i did it by okapoka:

lich would have got the pew pew
skitter would have gotten the new-oose
sleepless assassin would have gotten the
"can you feel the love tonight"

is more necessary
Why would you have killed Sleepless Assassin? I also feel like you are overestimating your ability to get skitter swinging. She does not seem like the type of player that gets the L.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (isolation #64) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

That vote came out weird

VOTE: Kop
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1978 (isolation #65) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Oversoul »

The hammer vote and generally night kill analysis on Temp. Granted the NK is weaker but your hammer vote was awful.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1979 (isolation #66) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:00 am

Post by Oversoul »

Oh wow that’s close to deadline too. I feel like that sums up this game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (isolation #67) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Oversoul »

Hmm that vote shuffle between Firebringer to me is bad
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1988 (isolation #68) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Oversoul »

I didn’t receive mail. I think that we are probably dealing with a 1 shot Roleblocker which is why me not getting mail makes you more likely to be scum.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (isolation #69) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think your vote on FB is a last ditch effort to throw up smoke for your inevitable flip
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1994 (isolation #70) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Oversoul »

??? Did anyone other than Skitter read my big post on Kop?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2015 (isolation #71) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

I am not scum. I can unvote and hammertest me too
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2017 (isolation #72) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

Sigh
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2019 (isolation #73) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

Still not scum. It’s Kop and FB. I’m not even going to bother with big posts anymore if no one is going to read them. Hang Kop to win, hang me to lose. Your choice Oka.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2021 (isolation #74) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Oversoul »

I kinda want to hammer myself to spite you unless you’re scum at which point gg
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (isolation #75) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

Maybe Oka is scum with Kop? Having a hard time understanding why you think Kop is scum and now trying to swing away from him
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2026 (isolation #76) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Oversoul »

Why are you so sure skitter is going to be the one alive? :?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2057 (isolation #77) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2055, Kop wrote:
In post 1988, Oversoul wrote:I didn’t receive mail. I think that we are probably dealing with a 1 shot Roleblocker which is why me not getting mail makes you more likely to be scum.
Why would I lie as scum and make a role up that I cant back up knowing it would put me in this predicament? Why wouldn't I just claim VT and try talk my way through till the end which would be the easiest thing to do. Yes I understand I've had it hard to prove my role due to either being role blocked or your lying.
When the wagon dissolved off Oka and onto you, I strongly believe you would have been lynched had it not been for the PR claim. You were able to buy 1 day with the CFJ death conveniently being who you targeted for mail that same night. I don’t know why you selected NSG the second night but when we knew some form of a Roleblocker existed its possible you were aiming to claim being roleblocked. All I know is I am not a Roleblocker, i am a VT, and I did not get mail. The fact that we have no proof your mailman ability even exists means you are more than likely scum lying about it. I am also considering that the counter to your wagon was town Temp and then town Dunn makes me feel you are scum from a wagon analysis standpoint.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2061 (isolation #78) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Came for the wall, stayed for the monkaS
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2063 (isolation #79) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I will actually read that in a second
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2064 (isolation #80) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by Oversoul »

No I’m not gonna self hammer. That would be blacklistable
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2066 (isolation #81) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2058, OkaPoka wrote:wanna know something amazing too, oversoul doesn't even know what the fuck is going on. like the man seriously out here putting a firebringer + kop solve at this hour, as town these things are kept track of because you are busy solving this goddamn stupid lookin ass game but scum needs to stay afloat so shit like firebringer being confirmed went over his head. and then he had the audacity to ask for a fucking hammertest like what the fok my lad.
I just replaced into this game and from my perspective that is what the solve looked like. Now I’m beginning to wonder if it is you and Kop because of how hard you’re going for my lynch despite reading Kop as confirmed Scum.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (isolation #82) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Oversoul »

CFJ proving why he was killed N1. At first I was upset with that nightkill because I saw Kop as a mislynch, but then everything sort of fell in place.

Had Day 1 and Night 1 gone any other way, I think this is a town win.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2104 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Oversoul »

Day 1 really swung this against town. Had Dunn gotten to claim and live this game goes to 3P Lylo easy. I guess that means it’s probably balanced now that I think about it.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (isolation #84) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

Oka I feel so bad for you. I really thought your effort and posting would have shown through as townie. That said, I do think you would have but off more than you could chew if you went after skitter

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”