Micro 880: A Normal Game - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

In post 8, callforjudgement wrote:/confirm

I was rather hoping to draw scum, but it didn't happen this time. I guess the odds in a Micro aren't that high.

For the time being, a philosophical question: is there any point in doing a random voting stage when the votes don't count? (We tend to do them when the votes
do
count, but normally try to avoid lynching people from them, so mathematically the situation should be the same in both cases.)
Vote californiajudgement

Sure.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Damn auto correct. You all know who I mean

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:57 pm

Ok so my first instinct on callforjudgement vs skitter is to agree with skitter that that post was forced. It was actually the reason for my initial vote. However, as the discussion continues, callforjudgement comes off transparent and genuine specifically when he says he figured he'd be called out but figured that was the only negative side to saying what he said. And skitter's further pressing comes off, ironically enough, a little more forced. So I think I'm already 180ing on my initial read and thinking that if there is scum in this discussion it's skitter.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Vote TemporalLich(/b]

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Vote TemporalLich

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:08 pm

In post 105, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: dunnstral

wagn this
Meh, I'll help you.

Unvote, Vote Dunn

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:50 am

24 hour work shifts should be illegal

I'll read what I missed when I wake up

Unvote, Vote Temp

I assume oka got what he needed from the Dunn wagon

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:28 am

In post 118, skitter30 wrote:
In post 93, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Vote TemporalLich
Is this a real vote?
Yes it is.
In post 120, skitter30 wrote:Dunn wagon was kinda fast, i'm not sure scum get to l-1 this fast this early in a micro
Can you go a little deeper into this? The only reason I can think of to feel this way is you think scum would have stopped the wagon, but in a micro he likely only has one buddy so an all town wagon isn't out of the question. Or you think scum must have been on the wagon, but for some reason wouldn't be willing to vote their buddy in that spot. So let me ask you this. Why does the wagon tell you more about Dunn than those who voted him and who on the wagon is most likely to be scum?

I see from post 123 now you're going with the resistance thing. How much resistance can really be expected if Dunn as scum only has one buddy, maybe two but most likely not? Especially if his buddy wasn't around. Ugh, I type that out and see callforjudgement beat me to that point. I'll leave in in my post anyway and my questions in the above paragraph still stand. Im also curious what you think of the timing of firebringers (why did my phone auto correct to fire fingers?) vote on you and whether you'd consider that to be resistance.

This is why I shouldn't fall behind. Firebringers vote on dunn kind of makes Dunn/firebringer unlikely. I wasn't really leaning that way, but skitter's opinion on it would have helped.
skitter wrote: Hot take:temporal lich is town
Why?
oka wrote: im reaching the opposite conclusion
What changed from 127 to 133 and why not vote there?

I'm through page 6 and my phone's being dumb so may or may not finish reading now. Gonna hit submit though just in case

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:17 am

In post 162, skitter30 wrote:
In post 158, Sleepless Assassin wrote:24 hour work shifts should be illegal

I'll read what I missed when I wake up

Unvote, Vote Temp

I assume oka got what he needed from the Dunn wagon
a) why are you voting temp here?
b) how are you reading oka?
The don't vote someone who got prodded post caught my attention and then the Dunn vote and some stuff after it felt off. First of all, voting someone to saying they are town is kinda weird. What's he supposed to say? He's scum? I mean yeah I'm not dense, I know it's the way he went out of his way to do it unprompted but to say he did it as an attempt to cook anyone feels either newbish or just looking for a reason to vote the popular wagon and temp doesn't feel newbish. And then he keeps pushing it. It just doesn't feel natural to me.

On oka, I don't really have a strong read yet. There are things that stand out but I can see oka doing them as either alignment. The Dunn vote was either Okatown looking to start a wagon for info and Okascum testing the waters. And then there's his stance on temp that I just asked him about. I think oka will be easier to read later in the game. Although I see temp OMGUS'd oka after you asked me this so if I'm right about temp, oka is likely town. And the more I read oka's posts on temp, the more I'm agreeing with him. So yeah, actually, consider oka a town read for me.
the worst wrote: i thought that post was kinda derptowny personally
His later posts show at least a basic understanding of the game though. Comments like saying the game is stagnating don't come from people who aren't familiar with mafia.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:18 am

Firebringer what is your read on temp?

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:29 am

In post 212, SweetNSassy wrote:I need tips to this game any advice?
The biggest thing if you're town is just look for people's motivations. Read what they're saying and ask yourself is this person really trying to find mafia (if you see us call them scum it's the same thing) or are they just trying to give off the appearance that they are. When you think someone is scum, vote them, see how they react, and continue to think critically. Keep an open mind.

Another thing you can do, and I don't think I'd recommend this once you get the hang of things on your own, is pick someone you think is town and seems to really know what they are doing, and just follow their lead. But if you do that, keep in mind that the person you are following could easily be scum manipulating you. So be careful with that.

Ask specific questions. If something stands out to you or confuses you, don't be afraid to ask. Your alignment (meaning which side you are on) will become more clear as you post more which can only help if you are town. So post often, openly, and genuinely. You should have nothing to be afraid of doing so unless you are mafia.

Try to develop an opinion on everyone as far as whether they are town or scum and make that opinion clear and make your reasons clear. Be willing to admit you are wrong at times and it's ok if your read changes as long as it's for a good reason.

If you're mafia, sorry but I'm not helping you :P

Have you read the game in full? If not, please do and get back to me. If so, what is your read on temp? What about anyone else? Does anyone stand out to you more than anyone else?

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 am

In post 216, Firebringer wrote:
In post 211, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Firebringer what is your read on temp?
ehhh he always feels like scum to me so i kind of want to say town
How's that lead you to town and not null? When he's felt like scum before was it for the same reasons as this game or different reasons? What do you think his scum game would look like?
skitter wrote: i hope that explained my thought process
Yes, thanks, I see where you are coming from. It just feels like a lot of assumptions without thinking about the specifics of this game. It seems like you saw a fast wagon and kind of jumped to "well Dunn is probably town then" without thinking about why you felt that way. But after this post, and don't take this the wrong way, it feels more like you just didn't look at the situation hard enough and just ran with something that is set in your mind which seems like a genuine mistake more than anything malicious. It also seems like you aren't set on the read and I don't necessarily think that Dunn or firebringer is scum anyway so I'm ok with dropping it.
In post 248, SweetNSassy wrote:
In post 85, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: sweetnsassy

the more defenseless, the better
I am not a hydra
Ok, let's play a game here. I'm giving you a lot of power. You get to guess who is scum right now. If you get it right, the game is over and town wins. If you're wrong, you get a bag of gummy bears and a participation trophy just for trying. So nothing to lose, right? Ready, go!
callforjudgement wrote: So #213 is just null from a reading point of view (but definitely welcome from the point of view of helping out a newbie).
I should mention that I'm actually the one who brought her to the site and only joined this game so we could play together.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:25 am

In post 270, skitter30 wrote:
In post 263, Sleepless Assassin wrote:I should mention that I'm actually the one who brought her to the site and only joined this game so we could play together.
ah ok, thanks for the context

do u have any thoughts on her alignment thus far?
Not really. The only thing I can think of is if scum have daychat they'd be coaching her to do more.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:06 pm

V/LA for the weekend

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:30 am

In post 300, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: SweetNSassy

The avoiding talking about things thing feels scummy
This was her first game. It looks like she just had no idea what to say. I gave her a quick rundown before we /in'd but told her once we have role PMs only ask questions in thread. I think she got overwhelmed. Sucks to see a replacement rather than allowing us to help her figure it out because now she probably won't stay on site and now I don't really have a reason to play but whatever, on with the game I guess.
the worst wrote: assuming this is singleball
I know this is gonna sound nitpicky and probably won't convince anyone but me of anything but this sounds like the kind of thing scum says to try to show they don't have more info than town. It's a micro. The odds of multiple teams are so low that it doesn't make sense to bring it up Day 1.
Temp wrote: Your ISO feels like you're playing the game, 191 is a vote with reads, 196 is a good explanation, 232 is good, and the readlist in 273 seems pretty good (to the point where even Oka thinks it is good).
So you think skitter as scum wouldn't play the game wouldn't give a vote with reads, wouldn't explain things, and wouldn't post a good reads list?
skitter wrote: Like all of this seems fake to me
This kind of thing needs more words or it's meaningless to the rest of us.

Gotta go do things. I'll pick up from page 14 when I can.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Why Is oka the leading wagon anyway

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:11 pm

In post 374, OkaPoka wrote:Do you see how that line of reasoning though potentially true is very unhelpful
This has been exactly my issue with skitter in this game. It feels very "here's what I think but not why but you should accept it as fact anyway".
temp wrote: he has yet to give explanations on his townread of you and therefore doesn't have explanations for his skitter vote in 279.

Oh and 314 is an outright refusal to give said explanations for scumreading (and thus voting) skitter. 320 is an indication we'll never get an explanation of firebringer's skitter SR in any more depth than 204's oka townread which isn't much tbh.
time will end
Ok but why is any of this scum and not just town not playing the way you'd like them to?
callforjudgement wrote: OkaPoka, meanwhile, seems to be intentionally playing in an anti-town way despite me explaining several times why the playstyle is wrong and what can be done better; insisting on vote-parking on TemporalLich for no reason is just bizarre. (OK, so there was a reason, once; but a lot of other people disagree with it, so if you can't find additional reasons, your vote isn't doing anything where it is.)
My stance on temp is almost identical to oka's. Why is it a reason to scum read him but you have me as a town read?
firebringer wrote: Is sweet sassy a yume alt?
No. She's not an alt.
oversoul wrote: In general I find it suspicious when a player's activity changes, one way or another. If they go from posting a lot to posting a little, it seems like it could be scum who think they have secured the trust of the town. If they lurk and then DANGER appears causing them to become active, it could be scum doing some self-preservation.
I work 16 hour days so that I can have chunks of time off at a time. This doesn't change with my alignment in mafia games.
oka wrote:m going to need some reads from sleepless assassin when he comes back
I have you and firebringer as town. Sweetnsassy maybe town. Skitter and callforjudgement as opposite alignments, leaning towards skitter being the scum there. Temp scum. Dunn and the worst are pretty much PoE reads so if I'm wrong on a scum read put them there instead.

I'm through page 17

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:05 am

I read through page 20 but don't have anything to say that will surprise anyone. I didn't like temps L-1 on oka and temp seems inconsistent and contradictory on Dunn's thing on sweetnsassy

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 am

Can someone summarize the last 15 pages? I'll read it but I want a general idea of what I missed first

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:53 am

In post 506, Firebringer wrote:
In post 503, OkaPoka wrote:Yeah best bet is temp scum I think. If it's not him it's whoever hammers
do you really think temporal pushes the kind of bad arguments he has here as scum? because I have seen really bad town!temporal arguments that has gotten me to tunnel him. I really think its more likely he is town and scum are going to use him to push bad lynches
I kinda doubt he's intentionally making bad arguments.

My copy and paste is broken at the moment for some reason but Oka asked me if sweetnsassy asked to play or if i asked her and i actually don't remember. I know I brought I up in conversation and she asked for a link to the site and then how to play so I showed her the flash. I think after that it was her idea to actually /in.
callforjudgement wrote: PEDIT: This is definitely singleball. Multiball is explicitly abNormal in Micros
Ok now it's letting me copy and paste again lol. Anyway.... Yeah that's exactly my point. Why would he even bring it up? Skitter's point about their last game answers that though so I'm fine dropping it.

My opinion on kops point about oka appeasing temp:
1) I don't see it. As has been said, okas firebringer read went in the opposite direction of what temp would have wanted and I think oka just thought about it more and realized he thought firebringer was more town.
2) i think im leaning town on kop. I think he actually thought he saw something but started to doubt himself after more discussion on it.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:30 am

People should move their votes to temp.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (isolation #21) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Vt

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:34 pm

No. I'm traveling out of state until Sunday night.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:02 am

I would have popcorns to skitter but I guess oka is in a hurry for firebringers claim so.... Lol

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:02 am

Popcorned*

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:03 am

In post 1216, skitter30 wrote:Yes, but sa kinda failed to do that
Why make this post instead of just asking me?

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Skitter im not v/la. Just don't have time to sit down and read the 20 pages or so that I missed at end of day.

You and firebringer both claimed vt thought so it's whatever I guess.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Temp can you walk me through why you think youre an IC?

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (isolation #28) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:02 am

In post 1341, OkaPoka wrote:asdFAasdf!@#!@# READ GAME! IF HAVE QUESTION ASK ME !
Can you walk me through temps thought process behind that post he made?
In post 1343, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 1340, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Temp can you walk me through why you think youre an IC?
try reading where claiming started, I claimed Traffic Analyst and got a NR on Firebringer, and the claims from other people seem to support this.
So because you claimed a role mixed with because you say so. Youre not confirmed.
In post 1344, skitter30 wrote:temp is basically an ic; town doesnt have enough power otherwise
Dunns role is pretty strong in a micro.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:09 am

Nah i dont think it's oka. He just does setup spec more than I do. I prefer to read players by their play.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:49 am

Do you avoid those setups intentionally? Thats about the only way that seems possible.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (isolation #31) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:52 am

I think Id be willing to vote north today

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (isolation #32) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:15 am

The worst's play and the Meta point on North.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:30 am

There was the singleball comment which wasn't really a crazy huge deal and was kind of explained anyway. Then there was his temp stance which kinda sounded like it could be scum who either didn't want his lynchbait buddy pressured or didn't want to be caught pushing an easy target.

I personally think it's skitter/temp. I can see that team coming up with temp's claim. But I know the support isn't there so if I'm forced to compromise north is probably my next choice. General consensus seems to be that temp has to be town. If everyone is right but me (and maybe firebringer), north has a good chance of being scum.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (isolation #34) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am

Skitter

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Why firebringer

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:56 am

In post 1575, OkaPoka wrote:smh u didnt ask why sleepless assassin when i voted u and u ask why firebringer bruh
I can't be convinced to vote me.

[Quote="skitter"
Hi. Why dont i townread you anymore? Who is scum? What do you think of the stalled gamestate[/quote]

Hi. Probably because I'm having trouble keeping up. I think it's you and temp but if everyone is right that temps claim is unfakable for some reason, I think north is scum. I don't see a stalled gamestate. I see more posting than I can keep up with.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:14 am

Vote north
I guess. I'm not voting oka

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:28 am

In post 1686, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1595, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1593, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1589, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Hi. Probably because I'm having trouble keeping up. I think it's you and temp but if everyone is right that temps claim is unfakable for some reason, I think north is scum. I don't see a stalled gamestate. I see more posting than I can keep up with.
I feel like very little has been posted since we've all been waiting for nsg - have you still been having trouble keeping up during this time?
also do you think i'm town if temp is ?
I haven't looked for associatives so I can't answer this without a temp flip.

Temp my oka town read is nothing new. Why so surprised by it all of the sudden? I think youre just trying to secure my lynch and would have called any post of mine a scum claim.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:29 am

In post 1691, TemporalLich wrote:Mainly because it's obvious OkaPoka is scumcasing himself to make northsidegal look either scummy and/or lazy.
Hes doing unorthodox things to light a fire under people because he cares what happens in this game.

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:39 am

Well when I look at a vote count and see oka vs me and I town read oka yeah I'm gonna vote elsewhere. Why wouldn't scum me just vote oka or sit and wait for a chance to hammer him? Or are you suggesting an oka/me team, in which case why would you prefer to lynch me over oka?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”