Why does town do so badly with the White Flag mechanic?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

having setups that encourage scum not to bus are heavily scumsided because towns tend to struggle with coming together without scum help, and usually town can manage it better after there's concrete information in the thread via scum deaths.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

And yes this is amplified by the general higher scum concentration of these setups

Nightless setups are different in that they can't really ever get rid of problem town, so it's a bit more evened out with that
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 22, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 20, Ankamius wrote:having setups that encourage scum not to bus are heavily scumsided because towns tend to struggle with coming together without scum help, and usually town can manage it better after there's concrete information in the thread via scum deaths.
Doesn't that mean that scum could scumside more normal setups via simply not bussing?

(This might be true, of course, but if so it's a sad indictment of our current site meta.)
I legit think that would improve scum win rates yes
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 30, Oversoul wrote:
In post 26, Ankamius wrote:
In post 22, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 20, Ankamius wrote:having setups that encourage scum not to bus are heavily scumsided because towns tend to struggle with coming together without scum help, and usually town can manage it better after there's concrete information in the thread via scum deaths.
Doesn't that mean that scum could scumside more normal setups via simply not bussing?

(This might be true, of course, but if so it's a sad indictment of our current site meta.)
I legit think that would improve scum win rates yes
Have scum been losing more often than winning?
I'm ultimately not looking at win rates since I don't believe those are heavily indicative

I've noticed towns get coddled more and more over the years and I think that's made towns too reliant on setup info, because I've also noticed that towns have a tendency to fall apart on a dime in my scumgames... which also tends to be because of mechanics

I'm more looking for ways to scum to improve their play overall so that town has to play better to compete with that
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 23, RadiantCowbells wrote:i think 20 is probably wrong and that it's more because the games are mountainous and still allow scum to remove town's best player(s)
this is probably closest to my thoughts on that

higher scum concentration + emphasis that bussing is probably bad + no town power = scumsided

town has to outplay scum in dayplay to beat them, and that's generally not emphasized on this site over winning via mechanics
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 39, Oversoul wrote:Ank and rC should co-author a scum tactics book. Or just general theory book
You don't want me to author a scum tactics book

General theory idk, I feel like a lot of my theories are still unpopular

Return to “Mafia Discussion”