Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 48, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 38, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also @Sakura uhhhhh you voted me at the start and just now remember who I am, what?
No i've always known who you were i just forgot to say hi :3
Well thanks ^-^
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@James (J4M3S) I responded to your post about RVS not working and would like you to reply.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE COUNT 1.2
James Brafin (3):
Doctor Drew, Phillammon, Persivul
Phillammon (2):
Sakura Hara, James Brafin
Gamma Emerald (1):
Jackal711
Persivul (1):
Arcfield
Chemist1422 (1):
Dry-fit
Sakura Hara (1):
implosion
Jackal711 (0):

Doctor Drew (0):

Skellen (0):

Phone0Ix (0):

Arcfield (0):

implosion (0):

Dry-fit (0):

No-Lynch (0):

Not Voting (4):
Skellen, Phone0Ix, Gamma Emerald, Chemist1422
With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
(expired on 2019-07-31 21:10:00) remain in the day.

Mod Notes
:
- Remember: Flavor is just flavor. Don't use it to make arguments.
- The players who haven't confirmed yet have (expired on 2019-07-19 09:05:00) before I will start seeking replacement.
- Arcfield is V/LA until July 19th, 2019.
- Jackal711 is V/LA until July 26th, 2019.
Last edited by Korina on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Korina »

In post 37, Gamma Emerald wrote:
J4M3S BR4F1N, HOW DO3S ON3 FORM 4 FOUND4T1ON W1THOUT RVS? TH3 G4M3 ST4RTS W1TH L1TTL3 TO NO 1NFORM4T1ON SO YOU PR4CT1C4ALLY H4V3 TO ST4RT FROM NOTH1NG. 4LTHOUGH 1N TH1S G4M3 W3 H4V3 4N 1C R3V34L TO WORK W1TH >:]
Alright, I'm actually gonna step in on this post:
Please do note, this is not an actual warning to anyone. This isn't even a warning.
I don't mind players using colors for their text, as long as it's not my colors. And, if I'm to be perfectly honest here, I found it funny. However, please do keep in mind what color you're using, because when I originally saw this post, I thought it was my modcolor. If you are gonna do something like this, please try to make sure the color you're using isn't similar enough to my colors from a quick glance.

Ty in advance.
-Kor
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not my fault you cramped my style lol
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

(But dw I'm done with that now)
<Embrace The Void>

James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:34 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 76, Gamma Emerald wrote:@James (J4M3S) I responded to your post about RVS not working and would like you to reply.
You mean this?
J4M3S BR4F1N, HOW DO3S ON3 FORM 4 FOUND4T1ON W1THOUT RVS? TH3 G4M3 ST4RTS W1TH L1TTL3 TO NO 1NFORM4T1ON SO YOU PR4CT1C4ALLY H4V3 TO ST4RT FROM NOTH1NG. 4LTHOUGH 1N TH1S G4M3 W3 H4V3 4N 1C R3V34L TO WORK W1TH >:]
In post 59, James Brafin wrote:Alternatively, it’s hard to fake answering a question, and assuming everyone participates, it should tell you a little about playstyle, even if the question has no bearing on the game. For example, both you and Gamma are heavily reliant on RVS, and you use your votes as pressure to attempt to form reads. All of this due to the fact that my refusal to participate in RVS actually created more dialogue than your RVS did, far quicker and more naturally, which should be somewhat indicative of how flawed the system actually is. We learn far more from not doing it than doing it.
Consider this an answer. :)
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 am

Post by implosion »

In post 49, Persivul wrote:
In post 30, implosion wrote:phil is basically guaranteed to either be scum or towntell very hard very quickly when put under pressure so let's go friends
Does that work when you announce that's what you're doing?
Yes! Technology is genuinely incredible.
In post 52, Persivul wrote:
In post 39, implosion wrote:
In post 32, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 30, implosion wrote:phil is basically guaranteed to either be scum or towntell very hard very quickly when put under pressure so let's go friends
What Meta Gives You Such An Impression
None?
So you're just guessing?
No? Not everything has to be based in meta. Things can be based in an impression of someone's personality that I got from like two posts.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:56 am

Post by implosion »

James wrote:To those who have an issue: I understand your concern, but I promise there is a very good reason for this. Let’s just say I’m trying to change the game so to speak.
Sure then. I'm confident whatever analysis you have in store for this is significantly less interesting than you probably think it is, and this sentence from you actually invalidates my townread on you a bit for reasons that I'm never going to explain because they're silly, but:

There's no specific place that I would strongly want to live, but I've come to like California in general.
Skellen wrote:I think it's too soon to lean town on James for that.

But why Jackal?
What do you mean, why Jackal? He's simply self-evidently obvtown.
James wrote:The fact that you’re still trying to force me to 1v1 with you is major scum points though.
This is a weird reaction.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:04 am

Post by implosion »

So on the last page Phil comes off as very town. E.g., -64 is a good reaction. James comes off more strongly as giving off his personality than giving anything useful for reading him, which is a bit annoying. James is spending paragraphs talking about how RVS is inferior, which is basically spending paragraphs talking about nothing. Post is such an absurd way to use logic. It's just not useful. It's like he's framing it as a formal logical argument to show he can, and then the flaw that he points out in the way that he's formalizing it isn't even the actual flaw in the argument, it's just a premise that he disagrees with (the actual flaw being that the argument all A are B, C is not A, therefore C is not B being invalid).

So James.

Without talking about RVS because I think you and I both agree it's a deeply uninteresting thing, and without talking about how anyone's logic is bad (because bad logic is perhaps the least accurate "scumtell" in history), is there any actual reason Phil's posting is more likely to come from scum than from town?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:11 am

Post by implosion »

As for real scumreads:

I actually really strongly dislike Skellen's two posts so far. It reads like scum who opened the thread, saw James's question and said "oh sure, I can answer that", then continued reading the thread looking for something to respond to, saw my post with my random-ass townreads, and went "oh sure, I can give a response to this."

Sakura I actually thought calling James town was very out-of-nowhere scummy but then I saw that she actually asked him a question so it's fine. I'd like to hear more from her than just choosing one specific thing (James calling a vote opportunistic) to engage directly with.

Persivul could very easily be scum. If he is then James is almost certainly town.

I kind of do think James is town after a few more moments of pondering but I don't feel strongly about it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 85, implosion wrote:I actually really strongly dislike Skellen's two posts so far. It reads like scum who opened the thread, saw James's question and said "oh sure, I can answer that", then continued reading the thread looking for something to respond to, saw my post with my random-ass townreads, and went "oh sure, I can give a response to this."
Push that and I'll fight you to the end.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 54, Phillammon wrote:Dryfit, any specific reads on that list you disagree with, or just generically don't feel they're good?
More I just don't think they're good in general.

Although to be fair the Jackal town read wasn't too bad, albeit based on one post.

Having conflicting reads about James right now.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 81, James Brafin wrote:
In post 76, Gamma Emerald wrote:@James (J4M3S) I responded to your post about RVS not working and would like you to reply.
You mean this?
In post 59, James Brafin wrote:Alternatively, it’s hard to fake answering a question, and assuming everyone participates, it should tell you a little about playstyle, even if the question has no bearing on the game. For example, both you and Gamma are heavily reliant on RVS, and you use your votes as pressure to attempt to form reads. All of this due to the fact that my refusal to participate in RVS actually created more dialogue than your RVS did, far quicker and more naturally, which should be somewhat indicative of how flawed the system actually is. We learn far more from not doing it than doing it.
Consider this an answer. :)
Ah. Thanks for pointing it out, and I guess I can approve of your method but I'm curious, what is your desired replacement for RVS? I'd guess RQS rn based on you kinda doing it here.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 86, Persivul wrote:
In post 85, implosion wrote:I actually really strongly dislike Skellen's two posts so far. It reads like scum who opened the thread, saw James's question and said "oh sure, I can answer that", then continued reading the thread looking for something to respond to, saw my post with my random-ass townreads, and went "oh sure, I can give a response to this."
Interesting, why
<Embrace The Void>

Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Phillammon »

(Sufficiently advanced scumhunting is indistinguishable from magic. This is that, and it's looking genuine. Implosion looking townier by the second.)

James in 71 (...and most of the rest, honestly) is rubbing me all kinds of the wrong way, but it's the wrong way that comes across to me as "bulldog town" more than it does scum. Will reassess later. The "I pulled us out of RVS" and "you're trying to force me into a 1v1" from... the person I was trying to pull out of RVS and am trying to disengage from comes across as astonishing levels of projection, but the fact projection is being attempted there strikes me more as "is trying to find scum and has decided I'm it" more than it does "trying to deflect onto me" now, so all seems well if unfun to play with there.

Sakura's behaviour continues to feel scummy, though.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 89, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 86, Persivul wrote:
Interesting, why
Because skellen's the fucking IC.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Phillammon »

Having difficulty drawing a bead on Pursival and Gamma. Lemme go read back a bit more.
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:25 am

Post by implosion »

oh my god i'm dumb
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 7, Korina wrote:Skellen has been revealed to be an Innocent Child and aligned with The Town!
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Phillammon »

Also that.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:26 am

Post by implosion »

In post 87, Dry-fit wrote:Having conflicting reads about James right now.
As in, conflicting with yourself or conflicting with the people that are townreading him?
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Conflicting with myself.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:27 am

Post by implosion »

well given that it's not a universal townread on him by any means i guess i should
assume the former
(p-edit have assumed the former) but etc. And I can definitely understand internal conflict on James. I think he is much more strongly showing a personality than anything alignment indicative through his posting so far, and I'd like it if he could (if town) make an effort to rectify that.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Korina »

>
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B