Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Just double check with the people involved. That includes necessary or helpful context around the post.
To be clear: quack
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 355, Krazy wrote:
Goodfellas
7/3/19
Krazy
Scum team of Flavor Leaf, Alchemist21, Elsa Jay, and jjh927
Day 7 the scum team is dealing with a scenario where an alignment cop and a loyal fruit vendor have two separate guilties on two separate members of the scum team, and the scum team manages to turn the lynch to the town cop. Throughout the rest of the game the scum team managed to correctly hunt the serial killer day 1, managed to avoid getting one of their members lynched despite the kill being blocked by a roleblocker, and joined with the survivor to win with all of the original three members of the mafia faction still alive in a 19 player game. The only groupscum lynched (jjh) was lynched through a bus led by the mafia goon (Flavor Leaf). Mostly nominating for day 7 though which was a wild ride.
Nth this
if thats still a thing
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:06 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Should have nominated this earlier.
Kodak Moment
7/21/19
nomnomnom
Eragon
The game was not going so well for scum Eragon: despite killing the most dangerous role of the setup night 1, one of his partners gets lynched day 1, and he is under a lot of scrutiny at the start of day 2. This is where he comes up with an extremely dangerous game plan. Having read on a guide how to test for scums by making a fake slip to catch them, he thought about making a fake scumslip, as scum, to try and fool people into thinking he was making a town play. On top of that, he asked his partner to point the slip to gain townpoints and create distance between the two scums, but also sealing his fate if the town did not buy into it. After dangerously approaching the hammer and getting to L-1, townies started believing this was a townie making a play, and making town lynch elsewhere for that day. While being extremely reckless and bonkers, this play bought a lot of much needed room for scums who turned that momentum into a mislynch and townpoints. It would have looked pretty miserable if this resulted in his lynch, but it worked and this takes a lot of guts to do this, and that's pretty much why this deserves a nomination. You're quite the adrenaline seeking demon :!:
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Alisae »

I'll add this nomination later!

Also I want to post that I feel like Ank could get a paragon nomination however I don't feel like I would do a good job at writing that up
GTKAS
| here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 376, SleepyKrew wrote:Just double check with the people involved. That includes necessary or helpful context around the post.
It occurs to me that everyone with access to the Scummies account should have speezy access and the Scummies account has to edit the noms into the OP anyway, so we could probably do protected PotY noms via PM, if the SSC doesn't mind the extra work of validating that the person doesn't mind the post being made public.

I might try my hand at writing up an Ank Paragon nom if I have some spare time over the next week. Def agree that it's deserved, but I feel like I'd need to do some meta diving to justify it.
This is a Parachute.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 380, Jingle wrote:the Scummies account has to edit the noms into the OP anyway
GTKAS
| here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

Posts 2-6 exist, Ali. :P
This is a Parachute.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 382, Jingle wrote:Posts 2-6 exist, Ali. :P
Spoiler: and so does technology to screenshot the whole page
GTKAS
| here.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Creature »

Would it be bad to use spoilers on description? I feel like they take a lot of space.
Sigh
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Jingle »

TIL, ali has a really tall computer monitor.

Also, I still say that is the only viable contender for post of the year.
This is a Parachute.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 385, Jingle wrote:TIL, ali has a really tall computer monitor.
I wonder if it is New York's tall billboard
Sigh
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by davesaz »

The post containing the noms? Or one of the noms within that post?
I agree the posts containing noms are great, though I'd put them up for whatever we call the helping-out-the-site contributor one instead.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 387, davesaz wrote:

The post containing the noms? Or one of the noms within that post?
I agree the posts containing noms are great, though I'd put them up for whatever we call the helping-out-the-site contributor one instead.
the joke is that the post containing the post of the year nominations is the post of the year
GTKAS
| here.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I’m gonna nominate Dr Easy Bake for flavor/paperback in Pastries. Really well modded game considering it was his first game modded. I’ll get to it soon.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Jingle »

White Knight
8/6/19 Jingle Jjh927 Vengeful Ghosts Mafia JJ doesn't like playing scum. He abhors it. But he replaced into scum in a spot that was frankly terrifying and managed to be fairly universally townread. He kept the game going, infiltrated a towncore very well and had the game well in hand until a vigshot from the dead thread killed him. Now, this sounds like the end of the story, but he then made the most fun of the game happen by manufacturing a slip and turning the game on it's head from the deadthread (players could continue communicating/voting on a vigshot after death) keeping the scum team afloat for a full two phases, nearly winning the game, and drawing even the most demoralized players into a round of nail biting that was easily the highlight of the game.

White Knight
8/6/19 Jingle OSTENTATIOUS Vengeful Ghosts Mafia OST replaced into what was mechanically the lynchpin of the setup, and managed to play two conflicting egos down to the point where town managed to win despite a crazy amount of infighting, no flips, a fake guilty on town in LYLO and a cunning scum gambit via solid play and selective claiming. Not only that, he made was was an otherwise frustrating game bearable for quite a few people and brought back a couple town powerhouses that were on the verge of replacing through sheer force of personality.

Kodak Moment
8/6/19 Jingle The entire dead thread. (jjh927, Dr Easy Bake, Chemist1422, Egix96, Binary Star, Dannflor, Flavor Leaf and OSTENTATIOUS) Vengeful Ghosts Mafia This game was flipless, with the gimmick of the dead thread being able to communicate with the living through one slot and also fully controlling a vig shot. When 2/3 of the scum were dead and the third appeared to be on the chopping block, scum gambited to try for a hail mary pass by 'slipping' a night kill submission for an absent partner (who wasn't a partner at all. Town piled on, correctly caught on and tried to re stabilize onto the original lynch, but scum managed to quickhammer a minute before the night deadline. This happened on page 29 of the dead thread. Almost 50 pages and several phases later, scum nearly took the win off of the back of this play, which absolutely revitalized the game, the player's interest, and remained the main topic of discussion for the rest of the game. And so far, the post game.
This is a Parachute.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Nth that Ostentatious WK.

Nth the Dan n Dann Dead Thread BnB
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I feel bad I only didn’t nth JJH, but I didn’t even realize he was a replacement. :lol:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:04 am

Post by the worst »

nth jjh wk and kodak
I can't nth myself but I appreciate the nom.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

GOODFELLAS
8/8/2019
Dannflor
RadiantCowbells, Creature, chennisden, Fuscosco
Gameshow Mafia
This team of four far exceeded expectations in Gameshow Mafia, a fun but decidedly townsided setup. Each member had to play at the absolute top range of their scumplay in order to avoid being caught mechanically by the setup. Fuscosco sacrificed himself as the D1 bus to give his team cred. Creature stepped far outside his formerly familiar meta as scum. Chennisden played out of his mind, top posting and surviving well into the game by looking proactive while allowing the town to in-fight and make sub-optimal decisions. RadiantCowbells was tasked with being the second-towniest slot in the game, until the very last. Endgame came down to the wire, with a LyLo that consisted of several vote changes, but RC managed to pull out the W for his team. While the town blamed their own issues and in-fighting for the loss, the scum team did an impressive job of circumventing the many traps the setup itself had laid out for them, as well as playing to their skill ceiling and remaining townie enough for the town to utterly self-destruct.

hope no one has any issues with me nomming this
Last edited by Alisae on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by momo »

In post 394, Dannflor wrote:
GOODFELLAS
8/8/2019
Dannflor
RadiantCowbells, Creature, chennisden, Fuscosco
Gameshow Mafia
This team of four far exceeded expectations in Gameshow Mafia, a fun but decidedly townsided setup. Each member had to play at the absolute top range of their scumplay in order to avoid being caught mechanically by the setup. Fuscosco sacrificed himself as the D1 bus to give his team cred. Creature stepped far outside his formerly familiar meta as scum. Chennisden played out of his mind, top posting and surviving well into the game by looking proactive while allowing the town to in-fight and make sub-optimal decisions. RadiantCowbells was tasked with being the second-towniest slot in the game, until the very last. Endgame came down to the wire, with a LyLo that consisted of several vote changes, but RC managed to pull out the W for his team. While the town blamed their own issues and in-fighting for the loss, the scum team did an impressive job of circumventing the many traps the setup itself had laid out for them, as well as playing to their skill ceiling and remaining townie enough for the town to utterly self-destruct.

hope no one has any issues with me nomming this
2nd. I read this game and they were really good.
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by the worst »

3rd, if it's needed
--
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Spoiler:
In post 390, Jingle wrote:
White Knight
8/6/19 Jingle Jjh927 Vengeful Ghosts Mafia JJ doesn't like playing scum. He abhors it. But he replaced into scum in a spot that was frankly terrifying and managed to be fairly universally townread. He kept the game going, infiltrated a towncore very well and had the game well in hand until a vigshot from the dead thread killed him. Now, this sounds like the end of the story, but he then made the most fun of the game happen by manufacturing a slip and turning the game on it's head from the deadthread (players could continue communicating/voting on a vigshot after death) keeping the scum team afloat for a full two phases, nearly winning the game, and drawing even the most demoralized players into a round of nail biting that was easily the highlight of the game.

White Knight
8/6/19 Jingle OSTENTATIOUS Vengeful Ghosts Mafia OST replaced into what was mechanically the lynchpin of the setup, and managed to play two conflicting egos down to the point where town managed to win despite a crazy amount of infighting, no flips, a fake guilty on town in LYLO and a cunning scum gambit via solid play and selective claiming. Not only that, he made was was an otherwise frustrating game bearable for quite a few people and brought back a couple town powerhouses that were on the verge of replacing through sheer force of personality.

Kodak Moment
8/6/19 Jingle The entire dead thread. (jjh927, Dr Easy Bake, Chemist1422, Egix96, Binary Star, Dannflor, Flavor Leaf and OSTENTATIOUS) Vengeful Ghosts Mafia This game was flipless, with the gimmick of the dead thread being able to communicate with the living through one slot and also fully controlling a vig shot. When 2/3 of the scum were dead and the third appeared to be on the chopping block, scum gambited to try for a hail mary pass by 'slipping' a night kill submission for an absent partner (who wasn't a partner at all. Town piled on, correctly caught on and tried to re stabilize onto the original lynch, but scum managed to quickhammer a minute before the night deadline. This happened on page 29 of the dead thread. Almost 50 pages and several phases later, scum nearly took the win off of the back of this play, which absolutely revitalized the game, the player's interest, and remained the main topic of discussion for the rest of the game. And so far, the post game.

Nom Mastina and Pine for Moment of Brilliance, for
help keeping me sane when the dead thread lost their collective marbles
actually having a logically correct sane solve.

Or

Nom Mastina and Pine for
Town
White Knight.

Either/both works.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by the worst »

mastina and pine were both in from the start and aren't eligible for a white knight nom.

moment of brilliance for the entire dead thread is markedly better than the individual nom imo (jjh/DEB's gambit, FL's fake guilty & agenda against you guys as town, all the townies who contributed to solving in there). there's a lot of quality material. mastina/Pine coming in with a cool calm collected correct solve at endgame was bloody awesome, but was just a part of the greater whole. :)
--
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 398, the worst wrote:mastina and pine were both in from the start and aren't eligible for a white knight nom.

moment of brilliance for the entire dead thread is markedly better than the individual nom imo (jjh/DEB's gambit, FL's fake guilty & agenda against you guys as town, all the townies who contributed to solving in there). there's a lot of quality material. mastina/Pine coming in with a cool calm collected correct solve at endgame was bloody awesome, but was just a part of the greater whole. :)
Agreed on all points, we are not eligible for White Knight.

Thank you for the praise, though!

(Also JJH and OSTENTATIOUS/the worst are quality WK noms. If we still had a Best Performance in a Losing Cause Scummy, JJH would be a shoo-in)
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”