farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:56 am

Post by farside22 »

Actually that was a really good review Grimmy. A PBPA is usually about everyone and isn't that indepth.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Grimmy »

I followed KORT's example in games I have been in with him.

Grimmy
bows to the master PBPA guy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Grimmy »

dcorbe wrote:
You've accused me of following the town around. For what it's worth, I'm going to stick by the notion that Max's lynch isn't going to give us anything useful to go on. Do you still think you can link scum tells to his lynch? If so: who and why?
It could be of use, but at this point, I will have to look past it. Max was clearly onhis way to being lynched, so the mafia really didnt have to jump on the wagon that was already on a steep cliff and heading for the edge of the ravine.

Ill have to look for new sources of guilt from other posts now.

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:21 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

dcorbe - Lots of voting within the first page, but since it's also random voting it's excusable.
dcorbe wrote:Mod,

It's been almost 24 hours since the last post. Can we put a time limit on the day please?
Looking to speed up the day?

farside22 -
unvote:
vote: dcorbe
Some looking for a no lynch = scum[/quote]
How was asking for a deadline = looking for a no lynch? Quick to assume, hn?
farside22 wrote:I say we should vote those not trying to promote activity.
Interesting policy.
farside22 wrote: Get in and start hunting scum or you are scum.
Sounds pretty condemning.
farside wrote:
Claim townie (bolded this)
Oh? Why the claim? You're nowhere close to being lynched or anything.
farside22 wrote:
armlx wrote:What you did and what you say you did are conflicting.

What you did: Put dcorbe at L-2, then jumped off after he claimed townie on the basis of "I just think you are aggressive"

What you say you did: Pressured dcorbe and then hopped off to extend the day.

These are conflicting issues. The former implies that you wanted him to be lynched then backed out right before we could lynch him so you weren't blamed. The second implies a lot more tact, which I think you are retroactively trying to add to your actions.
Why would I be blamed for his lynch if most people agreed with it? I read his response to his claim and comments and said he is aggressive, but also stated page 3 is not enough info. I never didn't say that and you keep missing that to make yourself sound good. Whatever helps you sleep at night or makes you think your scum hunting is good is no skin off my nose. Remind me the next time I see you in for a game to out myself because your scum hunting is terrible. You are looking for something that isn't there and letting the scum fly off.
I would wish the town good luck, but if you are listening to Armix you are screwed.
unvote:
vote: farside22

I hope you are happy this is the first game I ever voted for myself because you just made this a miserable experience for me.
The self vote makes it seem like you're fishing for sympathy because you're being attacked.
farside22 wrote:
armlx wrote:
farside22 wrote:
armlx wrote:By not voting him, if he turns up town, you distance yourself from the blame.

Also, claim please and
Unvote
so no one hammers before this occurs.

Also, self voting is 100% anti-town. Just saying.
Already claimed. Not unvoting myself. I have nothing else to say to you.
If you are that frustrated with the game, would you mind asking for replacement rather than going about your current course of action?
I'm frustrated with you. Get it right. I'm also not putting so poor person in my place to answer stupid questions that don't make you happy.
Getting a bit personal, aren't we?

If anyone has any other questions for me, or anything else - go ahead and ask.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:28 am

Post by farside22 »

@Shawdow girl. I was I believe at L-2 when I claimed and Armix asked for a claim. Are you voting for me are just going over a bit of the read? Did you finish reading everything that was stated after those quotes?
Since I can't mention bringing current games into discussions I will say one thing about Armix. He likes to push people day 1 with little to no information and push buttons. I hadn't realized that was his playstyle, but I felt the attack and comments were unjustified. I don't like the way he plays day1 being the person that he comes after and people just follow like lap dogs.
That said who are you top 3 suspects and why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:33 am

Post by armlx »

He likes to push people day 1 with little to no information and push buttons.
This is true in the case that no one else is providing substantial discussion points.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:41 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

farside22 wrote:@Shawdow girl. I was I believe at L-2 when I claimed and Armix asked for a claim. Are you voting for me are just going over a bit of the read? Did you finish reading everything that was stated after those quotes?
Since I can't mention bringing current games into discussions I will say one thing about Armix. He likes to push people day 1 with little to no information and push buttons. I hadn't realized that was his playstyle, but I felt the attack and comments were unjustified. I don't like the way he plays day1 being the person that he comes after and people just follow like lap dogs.
Uh no, I'm not voting for anyone - my coding sort of messed up on that post. And yes, I was doing read - and I did read after those quotes but I didn't find anything particularily scummy.

Thank you for the tip.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:49 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count 3 of Day 2

(2) Grimmy (armlx, dcorbe)
(1) ShadowGirl (farside22)
(0) alvinz95
(0) armlx
(0) Avinyl
(0) dcorbe
(0) farside22

(4) Not Voting (alvinz95, Avinyl, Grimmy, ShadowGirl)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

So sorry for the late votecount!

Prodding alvinz95 and Avinyl. If they do not post by Friday I will find replacements for them.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:54 am

Post by alvinz95 »

I'm here.

I don't think its right to judge dcorbe by what he said before. I think looking at what has happened recently is a lot better.
Is back.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:15 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

farside22 wrote:@Shawdow girl. I was I believe at L-2 when I claimed and Armix asked for a claim. Are you voting for me are just going over a bit of the read? Did you finish reading everything that was stated after those quotes?
My top three suspects:
Moreso:
dcorbe - Leaving Max at L-1, despite warning people about it, definitely brings up a red flag in my head.
Max -
Max wrote:I'm vanilla which means I'm going to get lynched, you haven't got a case for me to defend against and I believe that Mr Blonde is scum, avinyl is town and jtdyer is the second scum.
Mr.Blonde getting killed seems like such a odd choice, and something about this post seems off to me. He points out these two people without any evidence.
Mr. Blonde wrote:Grimmy, alvinz95 - What do you guys think about Max & Farside? Do you think they are townies or scums?

Say something, vote somebody.
Mr.Blonde was probably killed by someone he accused.

Not so much:
Armlx -
armlx wrote:Yeah, nothing convincing.

Vote Max

Hammah time.
Considering Max practically dissapeared, the hammer isn't so suspicious, however, it didn't come longer after dcorbe's post.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 am

Post by farside22 »

@Shawdow: What about alvinz lack of comments. I admittedly don't like people who have nothing to offer to the game it always comes across as scummy.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:54 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

farside22 wrote:@Shawdow: What about alvinz lack of comments. I admittedly don't like people who have nothing to offer to the game it always comes across as scummy.
Hn. He posted a little content on page five, but other than that... He is being pretty lurkerish, though I don't know if that's because he has time contraints? [Though, he is posting in other games...]

I can't get a read on him considering how few posts there is to read. :|
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:47 am

Post by armlx »

My top three suspects:
You have 2 people there, got a 3rd?
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Grimmy »

armlx wrote:

My top three suspects:
You have 2 people there, got a 3rd?
read it again. I had to, but I found it.

-Dcorbe
-Max
-Armlx ( to a lesser extent)
Show

Rishi wrote:

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Grimmy »

ShadowGirl wrote:
My top three suspects:
Moreso:
dcorbe -
Leaving Max at L-1, despite warning people about it, definitely brings up a red flag in my head.
Max -
Max wrote:I'm vanilla which means I'm going to get lynched, you haven't got a case for me to defend against and I believe that Mr Blonde is scum, avinyl is town and jtdyer is the second scum.
Mr.Blonde getting killed seems like such a odd choice, and something about this post seems off to me. He points out these two people without any evidence.
Mr. Blonde wrote:Grimmy, alvinz95 - What do you guys think about Max & Farside? Do you think they are townies or scums?

Say something, vote somebody.
Mr.Blonde was probably killed by someone he accused.

Not so much:
Armlx -

Vote Max

Hammah time.
Considering Max practically dissapeared, the hammer isn't so suspicious, however, it didn't come longer after dcorbe's post.
bolded to point out the suspects.

Grimmy
passing by for a moment.
Show

Rishi wrote:

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:03 am

Post by armlx »

Max is dead. Hence my question.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:21 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I seem to be forgetting which threads I need to reread and which I've already done so. o_o;

My third would be alvinz then.
Avinyl
Avinyl
Townie
Avinyl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Avinyl »

Vote: alvinz95
. His posts are too short and says nearly nothing.

FomSs
:
ShadowGirl for the first three quotes in post 228, which I don't see as very notable or scummy;
Grimmy for the same reasons as Armlx in post 216.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:12 am

Post by dcorbe »

ShadowGirl wrote:I seem to be forgetting which threads I need to reread and which I've already done so. o_o;

My third would be alvinz then.
If you're in too many games it might help a little for you to keep a little note book by your computer with a few pages in it set aside for each game that you can reference, keep point logs and vote counts in, etc.

It has helped me out a good deal.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:16 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Thank you for the tip. <3

Though, I do think I was bit foolish to enter five games. >>

And I agree that alvinz needs to post more. Saying that you're here doesn't help the town.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 am

Post by dcorbe »

ShadowGirl wrote:And I agree that alvinz needs to post more. Saying that you're here doesn't help the town.
You've also posted to avoid being prodded. If it's a scum tell for alvinz, should it be a scum tell for you as well?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:40 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

dcorbe wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:And I agree that alvinz needs to post more. Saying that you're here doesn't help the town.
You've also posted to avoid being prodded. If it's a scum tell for alvinz, should it be a scum tell for you as well?
I've at least posted a little bit content, albeit it isn't the best - he's posted only as so he doesn't get prodded.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Armix PBPA

Post 62:
armlx wrote:I agree with the dcorbe stuff so far. Max is null on my list so far as is Avinyl for their interaction (or more max's random push on him for something not really that scummy).

dcorbe, claim and/or die.

Also, no one is to hammer dcorbe before he claims.
Basic agreement with what the town is doing. Forces a claim from dcorbe. Pretty commanding.

Post 64:
armlx wrote:Yeah, just leaving him chilling there is awkward. Waiting on claim still.
Nothing special.

Post 67:
armlx wrote:
jtdyer wrote:
armlx wrote:Yeah, just leaving him chilling there is awkward. Waiting on claim still.
A claim could easily be WIFOM, it seems like waiting for that is pointless. Unless he claims something, and you happen to be that role. I'm not trying to push that lynch, just wanted to point it out.
No, some claims are provable, and false claims usually get discovered. Not waiting for a claim is always a bad idea.
Says not waiting for a claim is a bad idea. What if you're scum and you want to know their role?

Post 74:
armlx wrote:Umm, yeah, Farside just abandoning the wagon is pretty sketchy.

Vote Farside

3rd on the wagon and what not. Been forever since I used that one.
Again on the easiest wagon and kinda opportunistic.

Post 76:
armlx wrote:
Unvote

Definitely did NOT realize that was L-1.
Does not realize it was L-1.

Post 83:
armlx wrote:Just wondering, why is this game called 2 of 4 when there are only 3 possible power roles?
Pointless post.

Post 85:
armlx wrote:I'm not suspicious you for that. I'm suspicious of you for just jumping ship on the dcorbe wagon after just hopping on it.
Reiterates his reasoning which is nothing special. Going after easy wagon? I just find this odd for someone of your experience.

Post 92:
armlx wrote:
Lynch all lurkers who are posting in other games is a better policy.
No comment.

Post 97:
armlx wrote:I think a dcorbe lynch at this point is counter productive. A page ago it wasn't.
Another short post that goes with the flow.

Post 99:
armlx wrote:
Max wrote:I've got nothing against voting dcorbe but lets be fair if he is town the mafia gain a kill and we could lose a power.
I do not like this post's logic/lack thereof.
Short abrupt post again. No elaboration.

Post 101:
armlx wrote:Waiting on a Farside claim, then I will vote based on that.
Another short pointless post. Will apparently vote after the claim which is contradictory to "based on that"

Post 103:
armlx wrote:I'm not sure whether to see that as on OMGUS, but those are all points I agree with. Farside is still scummier however.
Apparently has a case on Farside, but haven't seen the reasons stated out in elaboration.

Post 105:
armlx wrote:Pushes dcorbe wagon and just randomly abandons it post townie claim for no reason.
Restates the entire case tho again with no detail. Another plain 1 sentence post.

Post 110:
armlx wrote:
Max wrote:What I have is purely gut feeling, but my gut feeling is right most of the time.
Gut feeling is an excuse for not having a reason, having a reason that revealing would show you are scum, or plain laziness.

FOS Max
Simple and effectively detailed.

Post 113:
armlx wrote:Its better to have a reason though, Max.
Another really short post.

Post 116:
armlx wrote:
Vote Farside
. Didn't vote earlier as she was at L-2.
Re-votes Farside. Reasoning? Cause she isn't at L-2 now. Opportunistic?

Post 119:
armlx wrote:He was at L-1 and claimed townie. Correct procedure is pretty much always lynch.
Says that whenever someone claims townie, he/she should be lynched. Bad...

Post 122:
armlx wrote:
farside22 wrote:
armlx wrote:He was at L-1 and claimed townie. Correct procedure is pretty much always lynch.
With 3 pages and no info? That is terrible idea. Unless I'm certain he was scum why let him get lynched by a quick hammer? Sure maybe it will flush out a newbie scum day one, but if dcorbe is townie it just gives the scum an early first kill with no discussion. You logic fails.
He was wagoned for legitimately scummy reasons and didn't have a saving claim.
Gives poor reasoning for his logic.

Post 125:
armlx wrote:
farside22 wrote:
armlx wrote:
farside22 wrote:
With 3 pages and no info? That is terrible idea. Unless I'm certain he was scum why let him get lynched by a quick hammer? Sure maybe it will flush out a newbie scum day one, but if dcorbe is townie it just gives the scum an early first kill with no discussion. You logic fails.
He was wagoned for legitimately scummy reasons and didn't have a saving claim.
So he should be lynched without more discussion?
Not my point. My point is abandoning his wagon based on the info at that point in time was EXTREMELY odd.
Reiterates same thing...

Post 128:
armix wrote:Again, this all comes back to the idea of you voting (and putting at L-2 I might add) someone you weren't comfortable with lynching or thought was town.
Very firm comment.

Post 130:
armix wrote:No info? What more do you want from a day start lynch?

Also, nice trying to scare me off voting you b/c of the "consequences" while simultaneously buddying by saying you think I'm town.
Accuses him of attempting to forge a connection betweeen them.

Post 133:
armlx wrote:What you did and what you say you did are conflicting.

What you did: Put dcorbe at L-2, then jumped off after he claimed townie on the basis of "I just think you are aggressive"

What you say you did: Pressured dcorbe and then hopped off to extend the day.

These are conflicting issues. The former implies that you wanted him to be lynched then backed out right before we could lynch him so you weren't blamed. The second implies a lot more tact, which I think you are retroactively trying to add to your actions.
Restates argument.

Post 135:
armlx wrote:By not voting him, if he turns up town, you distance yourself from the blame.

Also, claim please and
Unvote
so no one hammers before this occurs.

Also, self voting is 100% anti-town. Just saying.
Forces farside to self vote, which is wifom. Does the right thing and unvotes. Says selfvoting is anti-town... Nothing much about this.

Post 137:
armlx wrote:If you are that frustrated with the game, would you mind asking for replacement rather than going about your current course of action?
Gives farside advice...

Post 143:
armlx wrote:Mr. Blonde, a large chunk of your posts are you just checking in. Please post more content.
Nothing important.

Post 149:
armlx wrote:
Vote Farside

Also, no previous suspicion of max stated. Wagon much?
Reapplies vote on farside. Maybe trying not to take some blaim but still trying to lynch?

Post 153:
armlx wrote:Hmm, missed that. I only saw the vote for alvyn.

Still not a fan.
Nothing important.

Post 161:
armlx wrote:
farside22 wrote: @Armix: I want to know have you ever actually pegged one person day one and been right, because the games I'ved played with you thus far you have not.
Fair point. My D1 hit percentage is only a bit better then random.
Gives a fact.

Post 166:
armlx wrote:
farside22 wrote: I don't think Armix is scum I just think he is narrow minded.
I'm starting to think this as well.

Unvote
of hypocrisy.

I endorse a Max lynch now. He has been actively scummy as opposed to subtlely as I have accused dcorbe and farside of.
Unvotes for no reason at all. Maybe seeing that the farside wagon was going no where, and then goes to the next easiest?

Post 168:
armlx wrote:That is L-1. Just FYI. Claim and what not.
Short post.

Post 170:
armlx wrote:I agree with that list, +/- ordering.
Another short and menial post.

Post 176:
armlx wrote:
dcorbe wrote:I'd also like to hear if anyone has anything positive to say about max. Speak up now or forever hold your piece
How about we wait for a claim before we do anything rash.

Mr. Blonde: You are wrong. Such lists are made by both alignments, backed by both, etc. Usually, making such a list is detrimental to any sort of grouped scum however.
Wants a claim... Tells blonde he is wrong to make townie lists.

Post 189:

Vote Max

Hammah time.
Hammer of the townie.

Post 195:
armlx wrote:I'm trying to figure out who would have killed Mr. Blonde in this scenario

Not liking that last Grimmy post, on top of what farside said there the "oh no, 2 dead townies" thing.
Nothing special again and very short.

Post 208:
armlx wrote:My reasoning preceded the vote, and his defense afterwards was lackluster to say the least.
Gives his "reasoning" and says his defense was bad.

Post 216: Basically points out Grimmy's scummy moves without much detail then votes him.

Post 218:
armlx wrote:alvinz- Null. More content needed.

Avinyl- Mildly scummy. Hisscum list is very non-commital towards most people, and he was the only person with a legit reason to kill Mr. Blonde (or more accurately, the only person who would think it was a legit reason)

Dcorbe- In retrospect, pro-town. Hasn't done anything really scummy besides that one contradiction. Seems very interactive as well.

Farside- Town, comparison to Weather Mafia mainly.

Grimmy- Scum, see above

jtdyer- Possible scum, voting record is pretty opportunistic.
Scumlist: mostly states avinyl is the only person that would kill Mr. Blonde, grimmy is scum, and jtyder is likely.

THERE IS MY PRETTY USELESS ANALYSIS OF ARMLX WHICH I LITERALLY GOT NOTHING.
Is back.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by armlx »

and jtyder is probable.
Fixed.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by dcorbe »

THERE IS MY PRETTY USELESS ANALYSIS OF ARMLX WHICH I LITERALLY GOT NOTHING.

So why did you post the PBPA if you got nothing from it? It's just a waste of space and it means things are going to get lost in the signal:noise ratio later. You're simply trying to look like you're contributing usefully to avoid being called out by the rest of us and you're posting "hey I'm here guys" messages to avoid being prodded by the mod.

All in all I think those that have mentioned the fact that you're actively trying to lay low in this game are 100% on the mark.

FoS: alvinz95

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”