July Title Event: Title Troll

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:28 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

/in
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:07 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 0, mastina wrote:This is the title event thread for July.
To make a normal nomination using the usual standard title nomination metrics, go here.
To discuss events, go here.

Title Troll:

AKA, "Post ITT to receive a title"

For the duration of this month, players may post in this thread and ask to receive a title.
In contrast to the April Entitlement event, instead of the scummer themselves asking for a specific title, I, mastina, the title fairy, will bestow upon the user a title.

Scummers are not allowed to request a specific title; if you ask for something specific, I will just not give you a title at all.
Scummers are not allowed to request
not
having something as their title; if you ask to be titled but specify "just don't give me X", I will just not give you a title at all.
Unless I specifically request the help (I may run into situations where I lack inspiration), scummers are not allowed to suggest titles for other scummers.

For the duration of this event, scummers that have requested titles may have their title changed by me multiple times, if on a whim I decide on a different title being a better event title for them.

Scummers are not allowed to request a different title, however, once they have received an event title from me. The only options a scummer has are "opt in" or "opt out" (having their event title removed); once they opt out, they can't opt back in.

Scummers who already have a title may or may not receive a new title, depending on my whims. I might give them an event title based off of an alternative title suggestion (e.g. Aristophanes-->Mr. Brightside, Aristophanes-->Mr. Blue Sky, Chickadee-->Pew Pew); I might just leave them with their current title because they already have one; I might give them an entirely new title. So if you already have a title, you may end up sorely disappointed.

In short:
What differentiates this event from Entitlement?

In Entitlement, YOU got to chose YOUR title. During Title Troll, it's ME choosing your title. Your ONLY feedback is whether you decide to drop the title early or not; you get no say in what title I come up for you whatsoever. If you don't like what I come up with, you can ask for it to be removed, but I'm not going to then allow you to get a different one.

I may change titles I've already given, but IF I do so, it'll be on my own whims, NOT because of scummers complaining/giving feedback.

In short, this event is far more dictatorial; I hold absolute power over all the titles given out.

Until:
What happens after the event has finished?

From the week after this event ends, August 1st - August 7th, there will be a review period.
During this review period, if enough people vote to keep a title and the person still approves of the title, then it will stay. (About five votes will be needed to stay.)

You may only vote to keep 1/6th of the total scummer titles generated from this event. (If 6 scummers, you get one vote; 12 scummers, two votes; 24, four votes, etc.)
You
may
cross-vote

If a scummer has more than one event title,
voting for more than one of them will
not
count as one of your votes
. (I.e., if for Aristophanes there were the titles "Mr. Brightside", "Mr. Blue Skies", and "Bust so hard", voting for all three would count as
one
vote, not three.)
That is to say, how many votes you possess are per scummer, not per title. (The scummer will keep whichever gets the most votes, unless more than one title crosses the threshold, in which case they get to choose which of the ones with the necessary votes to keep. So if Aristophanes got seven on Mr. Blue Skies and only 3-4 on the others, he'd be offered Mr. Blue Skies; if he got 6 on Mr. Bright Side and Mr. Blue Skies but only 3 on Bust so Hard, he'd get to choose between Mr. Brightside and Mr. Blue Skies; if all three got 6 votes, he'd get a choice between all three. And, of course, regardless of all this, he could at any time opt out and not receive an event title.)
Otherwise, voting remains the same as in Entitlement.

Titles not receiving sufficient support will, on August 8th, be removed.

Event End: (expired on 2019-08-01 03:07:43)

Event Titles:

Krazy
- Kat
Zaphkael
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Gamma Emerald
- Undiscovered
Firebringer
- Roar
(From "Trail Blazer")

RedFlavor
- You Better Know
SleepyKrew
- Did His Job
(From "Snark Attack")

---
Creature
- Of Habit
(From "Transparent")

Errantparabola
- Jacket of All Trades
(From "Composed. (COTM winner.))

singletonking
- Plays Mafia
Ankamius
- Taking Back the Town
Ankamius
- Stop Killing Yourself
Cheetory6
- Colorful
McMenno
- Aren't we all
---
Annadog40
- All Work and Roleplay
(From "Waiting in the Sky")

Pine
- Chopped Down
(From "In Your Head")

Skygazer
- Let's Get To Know...
Maruchan
- passportent
TheWayItEnds
- Someone Dies
Irrelephant11
- In the room
(From "COTM 2018 Winner")

---
Ircher
- What A Grand Idea
Inferno390
- Host of Hosts
vonflare
- d00t
(From "doot")

Chemist1422
- Stable Reaction
Oversoul
- I tried to say
nomnomnom
- Title Title Title
---
PenguinPower
- Pongwin
xzzzy
- xwvut
(From "comical third option")

RadiantCowbells
- Beat It
(From "Smooth Criminal")

RadiantCowbells
- People tried
(From "Smooth Criminal")

the worst
- That's me?
(From "Snuggly Duckling (Rising Star)")

Raskolnikov
- Thanks
BulletNLynchproof
- Mods/Reviews Games
(From "Micro Madness")

---
animorpherv1
- No longer mostly noise
(From "Honey Trap")

Elbirn
- Content Aficionado
BuJaber
- Not Even My Final Form
Nancy Drew 39
- Passionate
Gorkington
- Better than Cheetory6
Pink Ball
- Better than pinturicchio
Pink Ball
- pint-sized powerhouse
---
Niko
- Still Discovering Myself
Severa
- Better than RadiantCowbells
Bitmap
- Old, not Outdated
TemporalLich
- Lavos
Vengaboys
- Up And Down
Katyusha
- Red Death
---
Tsuchinoko
- Venomous and Dangerous
Jingle
- Ring a Bell?
xofelf
- Generally an Angel
(From "Miss Mash")

Bins
- Not Trash
RCEnigma
- Not the Cowbell
Blake Belladona
- Taking Back the Town
---
Mumble
- Hardly Heard
MaryJoLisa
- That's Not My Name
momo
- Most Mislynchable
INAUFTA
- INATFTA
Keychain
- Creates Words
Vijarada
- Grumpy
---
Something_Smart
- Somewhat_Balanced
Plotinus
- Wise Words
Bambi Jay
- Confusion and Chaos
Yume
- Can I Be Here?
Nimueh
- Siren Song
Fire Assassin
- Lava Plume
---
MewThree
- Better than Mewtwo
itlepip
- It'll click
- Numbers
T-Bone
- Spites the haters
Cool, that was my entitlement pick as well. Great minds and all. I will definitely accept “Siren Song” as permanent, if it gets enough votes. <3
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Korina »

I'm late, but /in
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:29 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 210, mastina wrote:
In post 136, RCEnigma wrote:/in
I realize it's largely a username reference, but something which I tend to see fairly frequently when you and RadiantCowbells play the same game is confusion over 'Which RC?', and this is something that tends to happen a fair amount. I realize he's also not the only scummer who your username abbreviations can be confused for, but I still think it appropriate to go for
Not the Cowbell
for you.
Just saw the title. Perfect!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:57 am

Post by mastina »

In post 245, MaryJoLisa wrote:I think Chennisden should have the title "He who uses the large font."
I have a title in mind for chennisden and since he has /inned, I should get around to it today!
In post 247, T-Bone wrote:
In post 230, mastina wrote:
In post 228, T-Bone wrote:/in to spite the haters
Okay.
I can't resist.
I
know
I shouldn't do this.
That I should give you a real title.
That I shouldn't set this example.
And so on and so forth; there's dozens of reasons why this is a bad title to give.

But fuckit, I want to give it.
Spites the haters
it is!
Yeah, you should have put more effort in, I'm disappointed.
THAT'S PERFECT!
disappointed
for T-Bone it is!

(I'm sorry. If you don't get too tired/annoyed/frustrated with me giving you a troll title enough where it causes you to out, I promise that sometime soon I'll actually give you a real one, but for the time being thought it'd be okay to have a little fun.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:01 am

Post by mastina »

In post 234, Iconeum wrote:/in
While I wasn't quite fond of the pun in Spyconeum (shock! mastina, not fond of a pun!), I did like the general idea behind your entitlement title. I'm going to set it as just
Spy
, which is occasionally the name of a (usually mafia) role that has fulfilled like half a dozen functions before (every usage of the role 'spy' functioned differently; some have it as an alternative name for something like a tracker, some have it as a special theme game mechanic, etc. But the point is, it's an occasionally-featured role name which thus fits loosely into our title progression structure).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:10 am

Post by mastina »

So I've taken a look at your posting style; from what I can tell, it's a little bit on the minimalistic side in terms of reasoning; you do give reasons in your games but sparsely so and usually don't go into much depth; it could be said that you rely a fair bit on gut. And what would the ultimate form of a gutread be? A soulread! A read that you don't need reasons for, you just have a natural knack for always knowing what their alignment is. And thus, you are now a
Soulreader

(Okay I admit this was mostly for the pun.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:14 am

Post by mastina »

In post 237, chennisden wrote:hmm
/in
There is only one title that I thought appropriate for you;
not to be taken seriously

This is largely a reference to how your RC title nomination was a joke which was taken seriously, but also a bit of a reference to the "size=500" thing you have going on; it's not to be taken too seriously. It can maybe also apply to specific situations like when you were posting in xyzzy's game; as someone who wasn't a player and who trolled around a bit, for quite a while (though I admit some of your later posts did look serious), you looked like your posts weren't meant to be serious.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:20 am

Post by chennisden »

thanks mastina! life is more fun when you don't take it too seriously
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:33 am

Post by mastina »

In post 240, Fluminator wrote:/in
mainly just curious what mastina will come up with when I think we only ever played 1 game together years ago.
Played, sure, but you were also in a game I modded! And actually, it was two games. Inorganic Chemistry and Steven Universe. (You replaced out of both. :P)

The modded game has the best reference tho;
Peace-loving Police Officer
would be a nod to your absolutely ridiculous fakeclaim from said game. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:39 am

Post by mastina »

I kinda want to continue the trend in your username. There's the cheekiness of it and then teeky invokes for me imagery along the same lines of someone who is...well,
Sneeky

It's not the best I can come up with tho, so I'm opening this one up for suggestions.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:40 am

Post by mastina »

In post 252, Korina wrote:I'm late, but /in
Oh this one's ridiculously easy:
Recruiter
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Korina »

In post 261, mastina wrote:
In post 252, Korina wrote:I'm late, but /in
Oh this one's ridiculously easy:
Recruiter
Yes, perfect! Ty!
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 259, mastina wrote:
In post 240, Fluminator wrote:/in
mainly just curious what mastina will come up with when I think we only ever played 1 game together years ago.
Played, sure, but you were also in a game I modded! And actually, it was two games. Inorganic Chemistry and Steven Universe. (You replaced out of both. :P)

The modded game has the best reference tho;
Peace-loving Police Officer
would be a nod to your absolutely ridiculous fakeclaim from said game. :P
ehehe, me replacing out of all your games probably didn't leave a good impression lol. I learned mafia isn't really for me and it took a few games to realize that lol.

I still like the title because outlandish fakeclaims would be my m/o if I still played.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Aronis »

oh i'll take one
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 264, Aronis wrote:oh i'll take one
I'm going to give you
Just here fore the Pagetop!
for a few reasons. One, you're basically the scummer who invented the trend of players trying to steal pagetops from the mod--I literally can't think of a player who deliberately tried to do that prior to you. Two, it's an apt descriptor of a lot of what your posting style was in games when you played more often; you were fairly light in content and were there just to have fun...and one of your ways of having fun was to try and grab as many pagetops as you possibly could.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In honor of my birthday overlapping with this event, I am going to /in for it myself.

And since I am the title fairy, that means I get to decide my own title.

I'm going with the title of
Mason
for multiple reasons.

1: Masons have an association with architecture. Believe it or not, this has relevance to me in real life. I have a college degree in CAD software. While this manifests as a specialization in Mechanical Engineering (basically, part design), CAD software (for instance, AutoCAD) is also used to make architectural drawings and I received some basic training in that field and theoretically am capable of doing that job. (In theory.)

2: As mentioned, masons have an association with architecture. What is part of any given building you'd construct as an architect? A Wall, of course.

3: Masons are a common role on the site; titling myself as Mason would fit along the same lines of 'Goon', 'JOAT', 'Survivor', and the likes.

4: I am the most prominent user of (and basically invented) the Mason Gambit, where I fakeclaim mason(izer) as a neighbor(izer). Even in games where I don't do it in spite of being part of a neighborhood, I will at least reference it in large part to this fact/history. More than that, masons are my favorite role of all time and I tend to get great mileage out of both masonries and pseudo-masonries.

5: In spite of how notoriously paranoid people are of 'scumastina could do that' and of "this could be scumastina" and the like, despite how few things are out of my scumrange...I am still fairly good at obvtowning as town in most occasions. In many situations where by all rights I should be mislynched I can end up power-towning and even if I do get mislynched it's often with good scum effort and many people having stated how stupid the lynch was because of how obviously town I was--as if I were town enough to be a mason.

It works on multiple layers as a title for me, so giving it to myself as a birthday gift. (Hey, I'm the title fairy; what kind of title fairy would I be if I didn't have at least
one
instance of ABUSE OF POWER? :P)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:36 pm

Post by the worst »

masontina
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:13 am

Post by Oversoul »

Yeah that fits
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

nth masontina
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:07 am

Post by TemporalLich »

I also nth
time will end
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:38 am

Post by Ircher »

nth
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:53 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

I like it too
The Oxford comma is only technically optional.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Looks good, sounds good
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:05 am

Post by Alisae »

mastina you can do better
For example
“Hi I’m your mason!”
Or something along those lines