Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:12 am

Post by Egduf »

Hi everyone!
I noticed that last game 6 townies died, most of which announced they were going to shoot rather than barricade during the night, let’s try and avoid that mistake.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:13 am

Post by Egduf »

6 townies died in the first night I mean.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:33 am

Post by Egduf »

VOTE: Menalque
Is that better?
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Egduf »

I think we should strand today, we can essentially treat it like a lynch if we need to by shooting the stranded player, and whoever said we have less chance of losing after stranding is right. Revealing honestly what we did day two is definitely a good idea, but I don’t think making a plan of who will shoot who in groups is a good idea as it just gives mafia something to exploit.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Post by Egduf »

VOTE: Hectic because I haven't seen him contribute anything yet
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:06 am

Post by Egduf »

Welcome to the game Hectic! I think the set up and night stat dissucssion has been useful, but I agree with moving on from that a little bit more.
With that said, here are my town leans so far, in no particular order:

EspressoPatronum - For trying to figure out the best way of stranding people. I don't agree that assigning three people to possibly do the shooting is necissarily a good idea but I could be fairly easily purswaded on this one. If the three people are town then it narrows down mafia targets, and if there are two mafia in the three they cannot be trusted to shoot their buddy.

Delta Klim - For the stratgy after a mafia member has died. I can't see any problems with it yet, and it seems like a good idea, but I'm naturally sceptical of plans like this. We might potentailly have to get Serene and Oversoul to temporarily put aside their bloodlust if we want to use it though, it will only work if all town members cooperate.

Gandalf - Because I think he seems pretty geuine so far, and if he was mafia I think he would have been getting more help with vote formating and other questions in the mafia day chat rather than having to ask them here.

Carl Tuckerson - Simmilar reasons to Espresso.

I don't think Menalque asking for more voting says anything about his alignment.
Don't worry FormerFish, I'm not giving any of theese people a "near cop clear", but I can have a bad habit of tunnel vission early on so call me out on that if you see it.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:10 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 174, Tet wrote:Any day with odds can have each slot vote their pairing with the leftover voting the designated strand. For clarity.
We should absolutely not do this before one mafia is dead and the masons have revealed.
If the strand is mafia, the remaining mafia shoot, everyone dies except the strand and mafia win.
If the strand is town, both goons baricade and the mafia win.
Delta's plan only works because the two masons outnumber the one goon if the goon were to baricade.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Egduf »

Gandalf, can you talk me through a scenario where Delta’s strategy doesn’t work? Remember he’s only talking about situations where one mafia is already dead, this isn’t a plan for tonight. I can’t see any good reason for you to opposite it other than the fact you don’t think the numbers are where they should be, which isn’t a good reason unless you provide your own numbers.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Egduf »

It doesn’t matter if you can’t check the exact maths. If you can provide a single scenario in which it wouldn’t work (no maths is required for this) then you are opposing it for a bad reason.
VOTE: Gandalf
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Egduf »

I meant to say “if you can’t provide”
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 181, Oversoul wrote:Edguf, what is your read on me?
Null so far, you haven’t said anything to sway me either way yet.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Egduf »

Here’s the possible scenarios then
If the goon and strongman are in separate pairs:
The goon barricades, all town shoot. The only surviving player are the masons, town read, and the goon, the masons strand the goon and win.
The goon shoots, all town shoot. Everyone dies except the masons and the town read, we win.
The goon and strongman are in the same pair:
One of the masons/townread die, it’s 2v2, town lose.

The only times this plan fails is if we put both mafia members in the same pair, or if we get the one town read wrong. Having one strong town read is a pretty low bar to set for a plan, and the chance of mafia being in the same pair changes based on the number of players, but is pretty low. We should do better than random chance anyway, since the masons will be pairing people.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Egduf »

Sorry, just realised there is another town member alive if the goon barricades. In this scenario the masons+town read can strand either one.
If the mafia member is stranded town win.
If the other townie is stranded, mafia get 0-1 kill which is 2v1 at worst and town win by stranding the goon the next day.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Egduf »

The masons know who eachother are and can claim. We will 100% know who the masons are if we use this plan. I think it’s unlikely mafia would be in the same pair, but if the player count is small enough or it looks like that might be happening then we can argue that point again at the time.
Other than Delta, who in the game do you trust/not so far.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:17 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 11, Most Serene wrote:We here at Serene Health Initiatives Transunited would like to remind the users of this game that Most Serene, like all Serene projects, are a group therapy exercise. Should you, or someone you love, at any time see a Serene becoming irate or violent in the game, you are encouraged to very gently remind them that enlightenment and tranquility are more difficult to achieve when one is filled with negative thoughts. We here at Serene Health Initiatives Transunited wish all of you a safe and happy game, and we look forward to each of you assisting with our therapy. Namaste!
In post 210, Most Serene wrote:
In post 209, Gandalf wrote:Sorry to bore everyone

you fucking well should be, i'm not reading any of that shit

-k
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 307, Carl Tuckerson wrote:
In post 175, Egduf wrote:[float=][/float]this progression bothers me about edfug so far. I don't see how Gandalf became less genuine or helpful from the former post to the latter post.
He didn't. I was moving my vote off of Hectic, since it was only there to get him to contribute something. I moved it to Gandalf because I wanted to pressure him to explain his reasoning better as I don't think "I don't like the look of those numbers" is a good reason, or one I would expect from him. (we have played mafia before in person). I mostly liked his answers to my questions though and was genuinely trying to help him with my responces. I'll move my vote to someone else later on when I have an actual scum read or some new questions to ask. I wasn't trying to push for a Gandalf lynch, and if it had got close I would have unvoted.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 319, Oversoul wrote:Edfug doesn’t seem like a newb to me :shrug:
I'm new to the website, not new to forum mafia.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Egduf »

I play a lot of mafia in real life. A lot. I've played two forum games elsewhere, and am currently in another one here.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 am

Post by Egduf »

I agree with Carl. I think Hectic’s “scum slip” is the Towniest thing he’s done so far. It’s moved him up to a town read for me. I don’t think Icon’s reaction is scummy though, deliberately playing scummy as Town for a joke is a weird move, and being suspicious of that is fine.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 484, Gandalf wrote:
In post 483, Egduf wrote:I agree with Carl. I think Hectic’s “scum slip” is the Towniest thing he’s done so far. It’s moved him up to a town read for me. I don’t think Icon’s reaction is scummy though, deliberately playing scummy as Town for a joke is a weird move, and being suspicious of that is fine.
Why is Hectic doing hilarious scumslip comedy to entertain us all, a particularly more townie thing to do than all his other posts - particularly as he does this as part of his playstyle? I cant see how that could have really infuenced your view on him one way or the other?
Because, WIFOM or not, he knows this sort of play draws a lot of negative attention to himself and I don't think he would have made this specific joke as scum. There are ways of messing around without pretending to be scum.

My relative lack of reaction to the waggon is not because I am scum waiting for it all to blow over, it's because I don't think it's founded on a particularly convinsing argument and so ultimately won't go anywhere. I didn't see Menalque specificly ask me about it, even after reading back, but I'll answer any question you had now.

VOTE: Menalque
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 560, Carl Tuckerson wrote:egduf, can you talk to me about Gandalf's play here vs the in-person games you two have played together? I asked earlier but it got lost in the shuffle.
He’s not particularly controversial and tends to go with the flow of town. If he figures something out he’s normally pretty sure of it and has good reasons, I don’t see him flip flop often. He plays more based of reads and interactions than numbers. This is why I thought the dismissal of plan was odd, because he didn’t have any strong reasons for going against what was popular opinion at the time.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Egduf »

All the things listed in my list post are town specific. I’ve only played two games with him as scum as far as I can remember, one of which he was caught out for pushing a wagon too hard on someone who was later confirmed Town, the second game was a complete mess and I don’t think it’s worth drawing anything from that.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #693 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 657, Menalque wrote:I have a solve btw: we strand egduf, I’ll shoot her because I want the satisfaction, 3 people shoot hectic, icon and most serene cross shoot each other and two more people shoot each of them so they definitely die
I object to this plan for obvious reasons. It’s also not even close to being a “solve”
In post 666, Menalque wrote:Did I not mention here yet that I am 3/3 as all alignments?
Even if a three game winning streak was impressive, it doesn’t impact your chances of being scum, and so has no impact on the quality of your “solve”
In post 670, Menalque wrote:Based on who fucked up the gamestate when it was all ticking along nicely
Can you explain how exactly the game state is fucked up? I’m not seeing it.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #804 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Egduf »

Reads as requested by Gandalf
Delta Klim - Slightly Town, for his good plan and townie sounding posts afterwards
Hectic - Maybe Town, I just have a good feeling about this guy. All 2 of my previous games had him in and this seems pretty consistent with how he acts as Town.
Formerfish - null, hasn’t done anything that has stood out to me yet
Egduf - Definitely Town.
Menalque - Back up to null, I’ve liked his recent posts a lot more.
EspressoPatronum - Still Slightly Town
Most Serene - null, hasn’t really done anything that suggests alignment to me yet.
Tet - Slightly Scum, I didn’t like his reaction to Hectic, or the scum read he has on Carl which he gave no explanation for
Oversoul - null, hasn’t done anything that’s stood out to me yet
Gandalf - Confused. I liked his confusion around voting because I thought it more likely he would have asked his scum buddies for help, but he didn’t have the same confusion with reading ISOs. His posts seem genuine, but I don’t think the read and vote changes are something he’d do as Town. Overall I’m leaning towards Town who just feels a bit out of their depth at the moment but not sure about this one.
Iconeum - null, in a similar situation to Menalque. He was lower before, but I’ve liked his more recent posts.
Carl Tuckerson - Maybe Town, for the same reasons as last time. Good townie vibes.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #805 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Egduf »

VOTE: Tet
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #807 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Egduf »

You were my biggest scum read before, null is a big improvement
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #811 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Egduf »

Whoops, give me a minutely read your ISO
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #814 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 808, TiphaineDeath wrote:Also I feel left out.
TiphaineDeath - Slightly Town, I liked the big reads list and all his posts have a good townie vibe.
In post 810, Menalque wrote:If you were scumreading me then you have no idea how to read me
Probably, I’ve never played a game with you before. I scum read before you pushing a wagon for bad reasons on me and other people I town read, for saying I was ignoring questions when I wasn’t, and because I wasn’t getting a townie vibe from your posts. All of that has changed now, but I don’t see a good reason to Town read you for anything other than backtracking your original scumyness.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #817 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Egduf »

Having no reason to scum read someone and having reasons to town read them are two deprecate things.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #818 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Egduf »

Separate things
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #821 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Egduf »

How does reading the game make you Town? Why is it so unreasonable that scum would read back through the thread? I don’t see this logic at all.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #827 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 824, Menalque wrote:I don’t effort as scum

I decide what I’m pushing in this case prob you/Gandalf, and then I read through those ISOs specifically and cherry pick what I want

My read through and evolution pretty clearly shows that I actually read through he game which is way more effort than scum!me would need to make here
Fair enough, but I would have to have read your previous games to have known this, which I haven’t done. I’ll skim one in the night phase if it’s not unreasonably long.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #828 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 826, Tet wrote:
In post 804, Egduf wrote:Tet - Slightly Scum, I didn’t like his reaction to Hectic, or the scum read he has on Carl which he gave no explanation for
My what now?
Sorry, I completely misread #385
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #896 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by Egduf »

Is Carl on L-1 now? Can someone who’s played scum here before tell me if it’s remotely possible to mistake the mafia chat for the main thread? I would have thought it was a joke but his complete lack of defence and self vote say otherwise, if he’s actually scum that’s hilarious. Please though, can we not have a bloodbath tonight, it’s unnecessary if Carl flips scum.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #905 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Egduf »

Alright then
VOTE: Carl
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #941 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Egduf »

I barricaded last night, if that matters.
I don’t think we’re going to see a mason fake claim today, it would make it far too easy for Town to win since we would just shoot both masons.
Given that we have one mason claim, can’t the rest of us just shoot each other and win? The strongman can’t barricade, so they die either way, and if they shoot the mason then there’s still a town member left.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #951 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 945, Menalque wrote:GODDAMN IT STOP CLAIMING ACTUONS UNTIL ICON COMES AND DECIDES THE RODER
It doesn’t matter, we’ve won anyway. The only way to lose here is if the last mason doesn’t claim.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1002 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Egduf »

It makes no difference if Icon or Hectic are town or if the post was a gambit. If we group everyone (except the mason) today, shoot each other and strand no one we win. All we have to do is wait for the mason to come forward.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1005 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Egduf »

We’ll make a triplet then, I don’t see any problem with that.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1015 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 1013, Oversoul wrote:Fudge is mason p sure
I’m not
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1035 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 1023, Gandalf wrote:Okay. I'm was mason with EP.
Just need to wait and see if TD counters this and then we win.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1048 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 1045, Menalque wrote:In which case I want every post that EP has from the PT

But yeah I agree now we should wait for TD to post, and icon
We don’t need every post. We just assign a person to shoot each.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1052 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 1050, Menalque wrote:I want it in the case of a counter claim because EP isn’t v active in mason PTs and so I think it would be hard for scum to authentically fake his content
In the case of a counter claim we just assign two people to shoot both. Pasting every message is unnecessary.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1119 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:20 am

Post by Egduf »

VOTE: no strand
I’m shooting Gandalf.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”