League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4221 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Gnar and Nidalee need to not overlap 2 types and both be so independently good. That's the really strong part of that comp.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4224 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

I've won with the comp even when the game won't give me Aurelion Sol.
The game always gives me Gnar.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4229 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

I had a team that seemed soooo strong lose by landslide to glacial in a finals.

Glacial seems like it has to be the strongest endgame team.

It stuns all your units, and now your units don't move. What is the counter to that? Karthus ult? no Karthus can't ult while he's stunned. Kayle ult? no Kayle can't ult while she's stunned. Kindred ult (which counter a lot of my best endgame teams), nope kindred can't ult while she's stunned.

The game doesn't have tenacity or cleanse effects. Mechanically if Rapid Fire Cannon Ashe shoots a unit and rolls "yes" on her glacial proc, there are no mechanics in the entire game that can make your unit not get stunned, unless Kayle ult blocks which I doubt because it doesn't work that way in Summoner's Rift and Kayle ult doesn't block lifesteal.

I'm gonna try to consider transitioning to glacial more often when it looks like I'm going to top4.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4231 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That's definitely how zil feels for sure.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4238 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 4235, mastina wrote:
In post 4229, popsofctown wrote:The game doesn't have tenacity or cleanse effects.
I legit do think that's what the game needs most of all.

Assassin comps are hard-countered by Phantom Dancer as an item because it shuts down their ability to instakill units. (Well, there are other counters to an assassin comp...among them being the glacial comp. But Phantom Dancer is a fairly reliable, easy to obtain counter.)

I legit think that for all the comps that stun, they need a counter in the form of an item doing exactly that, giving immunity to stuns.
Sometimes you can't get an item you want no matter what. So I think I'd like to see unit-based counters more since those are generally pretty accessible.

Like I was watching disguised_toast stream and he had a highly carry based team then someone randomly tossed a blitzcrank into their team that wasn't there before and killed his stacked draven and slaughtered him

It's annoying to want to counter something using an item and to just never roll the right item. It's doubly annoying when that item is just generically good anyway and you just want it anyway and you don't get it but I think that is narrowly just rapid fire cannon versus yordles, it feels mega bad when you're like, it is bad on it's own not to be able to find recurve bows, but i'm fighting this niche comp and now it's double-bad.

I'd like it if they reworded kindred ult to "dodge all attacks and spells while the units are at X hp or less" cause that feels like it needs more counterplay too.

If they decide to go with item based counterplay I think they would need to let us break apart items into their components at some point
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4240 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah. Was more about the concept than a strong assertion that Blitzcrank is currently keeping a super health rock paper scissors lizard spock dynamic metagame going.

If the opposing adc has rapid firecannon in their 3 item stack and you give blitz a bit of attack speed then you would always pull the adc on the second hook? But the adc might have already contributed too much by then so I dunno
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

I am gold also and the "climb" has slowed if it's even a climb.

One thing I find really fascinating about being in gold and somewhat stable is how there is incentives to do different strategies that are aiming for different placements. I had a game where I didn't get tons of items and got cut off from the units that would work really well for an endgame comp. BUT I went 4 knights + phantoms resulting in a comp that kept winning in midgame and lost by narrow margins. I made 3rd. There are so many times where if I forced an endgame comp with the same RNG I think I would make way worse than 3rd and not losing a bunch of LP can be important.

When there was no ranked it was fun to just aim for first over and over because it's fun to stomp but it's more nuanced than that now.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4246 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

I play magic I'm impervious to it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4272 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

I play this game sometimes still.

It's fun.

I played 3 games since the hextech patch and made top 2 in all 3, and they weren't right after the patch either.

I think maybe it's kind of like magic where when things get more balanced there's more reward for making "fundamentally good" choices like put my tanks in the front, determine what the carry unit of the comp is and put the items there, etc, instead of being aware of specific imbalances and exploiting them repeatedly, like that one week where it was all, you can force t2 volibear even if two other people go for it and if you RFC him you win.

I'm really hoping the game develops into something I can play off and on more reasonably than League. You come back to League, Poppy is now a ranged character, wtf. It's incredibly unfriendly to taking a hiatus from the game.

You come back to magic, there's a bunch of new cards, they're new to everyone else too, all's fair.

If they start doing curated groups of units once there's a jillion units it could maybe be like that. League could theoretically be like that too if they banned 3/4ths of the cast in a rotation but it runs counter to their monetization strategy. That doesn't seem to be a problem with TFT
"Well, I..."

Return to “The Arcade”