Commonly Asked Questions on Mafia Theory

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #228 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like it should be mentioned that there's a quality-of-life element that is unrelated to balance. It is much harder to get three people to agree the fourth person is scum than it is to get two people to agree the third is scum. When the dayplay flow involves a deadlock like that it can be less fun for the players irrespective of how that impacts each of their win%s

but cfj is correct that there is a balance element as well
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #237 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 236, Knightmare491 wrote:In this setup https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... of_Command
Say mafia rolled one of the officers (secondary win con isn't applicable) and get lynched, the other two officers get killed, then what happens with the PRs? Are they allowed to use their NAs or not?
The sample scum motivator PM describes receiving orders as a necessary precondition to using an ability rather than a restriction limiting the freedom on the ability. Which would be the preferred reading from just reading the setup anyway, but I'd agree it's not ironclad before you read the role PM. So killing the whole command structure vanillerizes all PRs.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Mafia Discussion”