northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:57 am

Post by northsidegal »

yeah, no need for me to repeat what's already been said. i imagine this'll change your plans so going to wait for your updated version
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:53 am

Post by northsidegal »

oh, hey nos.

simple weak hider is an interesting role and one that has a lot of anti-synergy for town, at least in this setup. it can't get guilties given that all mafia have some kind of role. i think the only information it can generate is "if this person is mafia, they are a mafia power role – if this person is vanilla, they are town", which is interesting and has some synergy with the rolecop, although isn't really all that strong.

rolecop gets a hard inno on the vengeful, soft innos on the doctor and hider, hard guilty on the traitor and a soft guilty on the encryptor.

vengeful is a pretty rare role so i'm not 100% on my perception of its power but i don't consider it very strong, interested to hear RC's thoughts there.

Overall I think this is a pretty low power level game on both sides, but I'd probably err towards town being more powerful than scum. Mafia JOAT doesn't really have anything to dodge with the commute, the jailkeep shot being loud makes it pretty bad to use as a roleblocking tool and the FV has only loose fakeclaiming utility. I think it would be a good idea to give a boost to both sides, something like add in the doctor enabler and change the rolecop to a full rolecop.

I also always like to hear if there's some kind of theme or central "thing" you're going for so that I could get a better idea of what you're thinking and maybe suggest changes along that line.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:35 am

Post by northsidegal »

hey sorry, haven't forgotten about this.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:47 am

Post by northsidegal »

I think as it is if you removed the traitor it would be close enough for me to feel comfortable passing it. As it is now, even though none of the town PRs are individually all that powerful, there are five of them versus a groupscum team of two which still has issues with fairly low utility on the loud JOAT. A traitor is honestly a really big hit to scum power, and i don't think the town is weak enough or the mafia near strong enough to balance things out.

if i might make a suggestion, you said that an idea you liked was a vanilla cop getting a vanilla result being a clear. what do you think about something like a VT informed of the fact that there are no mafia PRs? as it stands, although you're correct that in this setup a vanilla result is a clear, i don't think there's any way for the players to become aware of that. an informed townie fulfills the purpose of being a PR for the purposes of vanilla cop investigations, and introduces that information into the town while still potentially introducing doubt as to the truth until such a time as the townie flips. after all, come massclaim, it could reasonably be taken as just a scum gambit.

again – just a suggestion, totally detached from my review of the setup as you've given.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:01 am

Post by northsidegal »

I think scum is too strong in that setup with both the strongman and doc enabler, and I think there are too few VTs for expectations of normal games.
Town Rolecop
Town Even-Night Doctor
Town Vanilla Cop
Town Vengeful
Town Informed (There are no vanilla mafia members)
Town Vanilla
Town Vanilla
Town Vanilla
Town Vanilla
Town Vanilla
Mafia 1x Ninja
Mafia Loud Jack-of-all-Trades (Tracker/Jailkeeper/Fruit Vendor)
Mafia Encryptor
I removed the fruit vendor to add another VT, removed the doc enabler and changed the strongman to a Ninja. Ninja is still a rolecop guilty but doesn't actually give scum utility and an extra VT is potentially an extra inno come massclaim

Let me know what you think

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 19, Omochao wrote:does informed return vanilla? been wondering about how that goes down
Informed returns non vanilla

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i was under the impression that omochao had siteflaked, although i think i might have been wrong.

i echo RC's sentiments that the setup as it stands relies too much on massclaim.

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”