Survivormeet III (8/9-8/13) IT'S OVER!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #72 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Just to add a note, for option 2, yes it is a little pricier, but it does give us the timeline we originally wanted which I would consider a pro, and if we can get enough people committed, we could run an 18-20 person game no problem and the price goes down significantly per person, maybe even cheaper than option 1.

So just don't let the above figure throw you off and please give honest feedback :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #151 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 150, Save The Dragons wrote:hype hype hype i wanna plaaaaaay
The hosts are hype as well! We've put a lot of work into planning thus far and are excited to see how it all goes down!

To everyone else, make sure to sign up! We always could use more players and there's only 5 months to go!!!! Can't wait to meet you all IRL <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #204 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I have zombie fluxx ;)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #220 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:12 am

Post by Malkon05 »

I'm bringing exactly 5 games:

Oregon Trail Card Game
Bang
Exploding Kittens
Zombie Fluxx
Choose Your Own Adventure: House of Danger

I figure enough other games will be brought that this is satisfactory.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #234 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Does anyone know how to play dead of winter? I bought it awhile back and it looks amazing, but I can't figure it out for the life of me and would love to learn :)

If someone is willing, I'll bring it with me to meet.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #239 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 237, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I have DoW and The Long Night IIRC

Need to find it....
Do you want to bring it, or me? DoW i mean.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #250 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I posted my thoughts in discord, and nothing's really changed, so here we go. This was written on the last day we were at meet:

"I sit here thinking about a lot of things from this meet. I think about my last minute sprints to the store, I think about 3 years ago proposing that we do a meet in Oregon with Haschel. I think about being asked to co-mod with Haschel after it became feasible to pull off after having previously ghosted him in a prior game as co-mod. I think about how much fun it has being putting faces and voices to names. I think about having chills and shedding a tear watching the finalists arm in arm standing over the final fire pit.

I think about how ecstatic I was to see an impressive jury award votes to three very deserving finalists. I think about Radja impressively placing himself in the center of everything. I think about Fenrir doing things he didn’t know he could do and pull of some immunity upsets. I think about Vash being so passionate and defending some very questionable but amazingly strong moves strategically and socially. I think about CaptainMeme literally voting himself out of the game. I think about xofelf for constant support throughout this entire process. I think about PrivateI playing an incredible merge game (at least from my limited merge view). I think about skelda getting pushed around and almost crashing in an ikea chair. I think about Ariel, Mina, and cephrir for being the best damn crew we could have asked for.

I think about the crazy planning days and discussions TanisNikana, Haschel, and I had to make decisions, plan challenges, schedule things (that didn’t always go according to plan), and pour blood sweat and tears into in order to make this happen.

I think about laughs and disagreements and board games and memory sharing. I think about how my journey from player to mod has finally come to fruition and how much better of a person I am for having been a part of this process.

But most of all I think about how wonderful this community is and how much you all mean to me and in my life and how this meet has made me feel a sense of belonging in a time where I’ve had a lot of hardships and I think about how blessed I am to have experienced this all alongside you.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone, players, co-mods, crew, and specs for making this an experience I will never forget."

I don't really have anything to add to this. This was...one of the highlights of my life. You all rock and it was an honor to meet you all :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #259 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Awwww, gonna cry Ariel. Ilu <3