Anyone up for a game? - Round 3

This forum is for playing games of Chess.
popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1  (isolation #0)  » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:17 pm

I kinda wanna.

Your avatar makes me wanna play shogi or Chinese chess instead though :(
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4  (isolation #1)  » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:56 am

Chess but the pieces move different.
I didn't bookmark this thread so I ignored it for weeks, sorry Heron :(
I prefer black ftr
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6  (isolation #2)  » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:31 pm

b4 d5
Please don't use computers to study the moves although that probaby goes without saying?
I'm really bad this opening will destroy me.
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8  (isolation #3)  » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:08 am

My thinking was that d5 would "force" you to play d4, blocking your own bishop in. I learned chess growing up with my dad and we just always did de45 openings all the time so I can't shake that thinking I guess.

(I'm 3 shots in and will not submit a chess move with this BAC)
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10  (isolation #4)  » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:16 pm

yeah generally moving a night in an unfamiliar opening feels like I don't expect it to be the great answer but it's not too often a terrible move
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11  (isolation #5)  » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:24 pm

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6
I might be missing something here, like maybe allowing Nxb4 can be more easily exploited than I expect, but otherwise it seems like this force a3, which doesn't accomplish many auxillary things so it will feel like I developed my Knight for free.
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13  (isolation #6)  » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:42 am

nononononononono I am 120% "uh b5" is "that thing I'm missing" that was on the tip of my tongue :P
Skipping a move again for similar reasons. b5 looks like a powerful move here, soberpops will have to figure out a way to salvage things.
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14  (isolation #7)  » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 pm

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16  (isolation #8)  » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:20 pm

Yeah the left side of the board is just a dumpster fire now I might as well try to make something happen on the other side.
b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18  (isolation #9)  » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:27 pm

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5
Qd2 is horrifying and a c push seems like the only answer. I'd rather do it sooner instead of put it off. Especially since maybe the feasibility of accepting the en passant capture could change later on. Right now it looks not great.
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20  (isolation #10)  » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:58 am

I was saying the en passant capture looked like a very bad move. Was that a long bit of violent agreement?

Not sure about this move but hope it's not too bad.

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22  (isolation #11)  » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:16 pm

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6 Nf3 c4
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24  (isolation #12)  » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Have I mentioned you're going to win?

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6 Nf3 c4 Bc3 g5
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26  (isolation #13)  » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:29 am

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6 Nf3 c4 Bc3 g5 Qd2
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27  (isolation #14)  » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:47 am

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6 Nf3 c4 Bc3 g5 Qd2 b6
I wanted to do aggro stuff with my f pawn I guess I dunno. I can see how it might get the pawn eaten later but I guess I don't care.
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29  (isolation #15)  » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm

After reviewing several much more responsible and intelligent moves I have settled on

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6 Nf3 c4 Bc3 g5 Qd2 b6 Bg2 Qc7
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31  (isolation #16)  » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:22 pm

ugh that's a lot more uncomfortable than the pawn being eaten by a humble knight.
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32  (isolation #17)  » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:23 pm

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6 Nf3 c4 Bc3 g5 Qd2 b6 Bg2 Qc7 Qxg5 e6
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34  (isolation #18)  » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Mmm, that's not very good.
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35  (isolation #19)  » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:37 am

Ok i'm back from vacation let's make some kind of move.
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36  (isolation #20)  » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:39 am

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6 Nf3 c4 Bc3 g5 Qd2 b6 Bg2 Qc7 Qxg5 e6 Bxf6 Bb4
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37  (isolation #21)  » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:41 am

IDK if you can write a + in the chess BB code but that's check
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39  (isolation #22)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:42 am

b4 d5 Bb2 Nc6 b5 Na5 a4 Bf5 d3 c5 g3 Nf6 Nf3 c4 Bc3 g5 Qd2 b6 Bg2 Qc7 Qxg5 e6 Bxf6 Bb4 c3 Nb3
"Well, I..."

popsofctown
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41  (isolation #23)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:03 pm

I concede, I don't see a line where I'm not down a rook, a bishop, and positional advantages
"Well, I..."

[ + ]

Return to Chess Games