Grand Idea Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6925 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Town 1-shot Moonlight Vigilante

Pretty much identical to , but you can't target anyone who has been announced by the mod to be dancing and howling in the moonlight at any time during the current phase (flavor reasoning: you can't get a good aim on them because they're dancing around).

(I know it may seem like I'm trolling, but I actually like the Moonlight Vigilante idea of having to weigh the benefits of the day kill vs. the night one when you know either way the target won't get to use their night abilities if it goes through. I just saw the word "moonlight" and my brain hitched onto the possible gimmick.)

----

@chennis: I actually got the idea from , hence the "degree of ambiguity".
my husband and true love, Tomonori Kotokura (Hiiro no Kakera 4)

How is that relevant? Uhhh, he would be great at forum mafia if he lived today and not ~1000 years ago in a fantasy setting.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #6926 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Ircher »

Vanilla Townie

You possess no special abilities.
---
Standard colors I use are as follows:

Town => Green
Mafia => Red
Werewolves => Orange
Aliens => Purple
Pirates => Brown
Third Party => Gray
Cult => Blue
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6927 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Mafia 1-Shot Uncharismatic Cult Founder

Once per game at night, you may target a player and attempt to convince them to form a cult, converting their alignment to Cult with the normal Cult win condition of gaining control over 50% of the vote (or having nothing prevent their doing so). If the action succeeds, they also gain a cult PT and an ability to try recruiting one person to the cult each night. Due to your lack of charisma, however, your target immediately assumes full control of the cult and completely shuts you out, so you return to the people who have always had your back: the mafia.

You have the normal Mafia win condition of gaining control over 50% of the vote (or having nothing prevent your doing so); you do not win with the Cult. You do not have access to the cult PT or gain any information on the cult's actions at night. After you use your ability, you basically become a Mafia Goon.

----

Thoughts? There are probably loopholes and/or balance issues. For instance, I don't know if using the ability should be prevented in certain situations/with a certain number of players left alive. I'm also not entirely sure how this role would interact with any Cult roles rolled in the setup. Also don't know if it should be a thing where the target has to accept to join the cult, or if they should be auto-recruited in this case since the role is Mafia and 1-shot (I made it 1-shot because it seems too powerful to be a once-every-night recruitment action coming from mafia). There might be an obvious optimal strategy when getting a role like this that I'm just not seeing for some reason, and if so I have no problem changing it to a Normal role or something.

Also not sure whether it should be Unblockable or if that would give the role too much power.
my husband and true love, Tomonori Kotokura (Hiiro no Kakera 4)

How is that relevant? Uhhh, he would be great at forum mafia if he lived today and not ~1000 years ago in a fantasy setting.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6928 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by chennisden »

combined cult recruiter vig
==
balancing issues? for grand idea?? ur priority should be to make terrible roles, not balanced ones
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #6929 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Ircher »

Chocolate Werewolf

You are a named Werewolf. You possess no special abilities.
---
Don't listen to chennisden. Balance is important, even in Grand Idea. I also feel that role is OK, but it needs to be compulsive imo. I don't see why mafia would otherwise use it.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6930 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Post by chennisden »

One shot Town post-restrictor

One night you may give someone a post restriction of your choice.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6931 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Serial Frostbreather Nexus

You are independently aligned scum. You have a "factional" Frostbreath action, with which you may target a player to freeze each night. The frozen player will be announced to be frozen and will count as dead for all purposes the next Day and Night, but will not flip.

You randomly redirect abilities targeting you.

You win when everyone else is dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Mod Note: "Serial Frostbreather" is the alignment, "Nexus" is the role.

-----

yeah grand idea is meant to be as weird and creative as possible, balancing is only a secondary concern (it is still a concern, don't get me wrong)

radiant idea is where balance (and whether RadiantCowbells is okay with the role) matters

Also these are the colors I use for coloring alignments in GIM and RCI:

Town - Green

Mafia - Red

Werewolf - Yellow

Alien - Blue

Replicant - Teal

Pirate - Brown

UrScum - Pale Yellow

Third Party - Grey

Independent Scum (Serial Killer) - Orange

Cult - Magenta
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6932 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Pirate Sympathizer

If there are no other Pirates in the game, you are a Vanilla Townie.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6933 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Replicant Assimilator

Pregame, you randomly convert a number of groupscum-aligned players to Replicants dependent on the game's size category.

Micro = 1
Mini = 2
Large = 3

In Grandest Idea, "Assimilator" is a role that randomly converts groupscum-aligned players to your faction.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #6934 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by Korina »

Cultist Lyncher

Normal lyncher, except Cult-Aligned. If they get their target lynched they win even if Cult doesn't win. Their target must be a townie.

---

Korina's Cult Clause effects this role. Please see the bottom of this post for Korina's Cult Clause.

----------

1) Don't listen to Chennisden. I've gotten into a fight with them over roles, so it's just best to continue on with what you were originally planning on doing and ignoring them.
2) Like TL said, GIM is about making whatever creative/weird/potentially unbalanced roles you want. Balance with the roles isn't really that big of a concern, and roles that are extremely unbalanced would probably get rerolled anyways. Otherwise, if you're me, (and a dick), you'd probably keep the extremely unbalanced/unfair role just for the laughs. People knew it was possible, so that was their fault.
Last edited by Korina on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6935 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Replicant Multitasking 1-shot Factional Recruiter

You may perform more than one action each night.

Once in the game during night, you may attempt to convert a player to your faction.

Replicants are a scumteam with a factional kill. In GIM they are vanishingly rare! Even rarer than Spooks and UrScum, even!

This is why I balance GIM Replicants as if they were independent scum, except with room for conversion.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6936 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Korina »

Cultist Alternate Account

At any given point this role may send you the action "Replacement". Once this occurs, you will begin to "replace" that player with a secret alt they make. You, and the player, must wait at least an hour before the alt may replace-in, and you, the mod, must go through all of the motions of searching for a replacement and then actually adding them into the game as the replacement slot. Once they replace-in, they are rendered deathproof for the rest of the day and the subsequent night phase.

The player in question must send you a PM stating this is their secret alt for the game as well, otherwise they actually are replaced like normal.

Basically, they can replace out as a secret alt at any given time as an action. Once that happens, they're deathproof for the current day and the following night.

---

Korina's Cult Clause effects this role. Please see the bottom of this post for Korina's Cult Clause.
Last edited by Korina on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6937 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Korina »

Cultist NK-Immune Miller Vig

---

GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6938 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Korina »

Cultist Day-Vig

---

GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6939 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Korina »

Cultist with an Unknown Ability

Before the game starts, you may submit one ability with one modifier to the moderator, with a description of how it works, (if it's not obvious). That is now your ability.
The ability cannot involve making you/others deathproof however.

---

GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6940 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Survivor

You may complain to the moderator that this role sucks. If you do so, you get a new role PM from the GIM thread.
time will end
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6941 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by Korina »

Cultist Traitor

If this is the only cult role that is rolled, randomly change someone's faction to Cult.

---

GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6942 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by Korina »

Survivor

You may complain to the moderator that this role sucks. If you do so, the moderator will reply to you with "FUCK YOU, YOU ROLLED SURVIVOR NOW DEAL WITH IT."

Note: The survivor is just told they may complain to the mod about their role sucking. What happens afterwards isn't said.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6943 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by Korina »

Cultist 50% Random, 100% Compulsive Ability Assigner

Each night you must target a player with the name of an ability and the description of how it works if it's not obvious. However, there is a 50% chance you will randomly target another player, and you are not informed if you randomly target someone else. Regardless of the target, that player now gains whatever you said as their ability, overriding any other abilities they may have had previously. Factional abilities may not be overridden, and the ability may not have any modifiers attached to it.

---

GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6944 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by Korina »

Cultist 50% Random, 100% Compulsive Modifier Assigner

It's the same thing as the Cultist 50% Random, 100% Compulsive Ability Assigner, except it assigns role modifiers. The role modifier overrides any modifiers the affected player has, but the modifier cannot be Deathproof. X-Shot Deathproof is fine, (so long as X is less than 3), but Deathproof isn't.

---

GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6945 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Korina »

Town 50% Random, 100% Compulsive Ability Assigner

Just look at 6943 but make it town-aligned.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6946 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Korina »

Town 50% Random, 100% Compulsive Modifier Assigner

Just look at 6944 but make it town aligned.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6947 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by Korina »

Role Assigner

Each night you must target one player that is not you and provide a new role-card. That role now becomes that player's new role, and overrides the old one. If you do not submit any action, you will randomly target a player in the game, (yourself included), with a role-card the mod gets to decide. If you attempt to change someone's faction and they are part of an informed scum-group, their alignment will not change, but their role will.

You are also 2-Shot Deathproof.

Wins if they're alive at the end of the game.

If this role does not submit an action and they would randomly target themselves, it is now your obligation as the moderator to make them hate their new role. Or modkill them. It really doesn't matter.

And yes, this is basically a survivor.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6948 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by Korina »

1-Shot Deathproof Survivor

Yes, you just rolled survivor. Deal with it. At the very least, you're deathproof once.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #6949 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Korina »

3-Shot Paranoid Gun Owning Survivor

Yes, you just rolled survivor. Deal with it. At the very least, you can choose when to shoot everyone visiting you three times.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B