Grand Idea Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6950 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Unknowing One

You know nothing about your role. You will flip your true role on death, and investigative roles see your true alignment and role.

Mod Note: Randomly roll a role from the GIM thread. That role is the player's true role. If a player tries to target more players than they are capable of targeting, comment out the targets after the allowed limit of targets. If a player targets one player with a role that requires multiple targets, their action fails. For Multitasking roles, the factional kill comes first, then the other actions in order of the Role PM are used. For JOAT-like roles, the actions are used in order of the Role PM.

The player has access to PTs that their role would give them access to, however the identity of said PTs will be hidden (e.g. a Mafia PT or a Mason PT with an Unknowing One would be given a generic name such as "Generic PT"). If targeted by a Neighborizer, they will know it is a Neighborhood PT though.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #6951 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by Korina »

Survivor

Yes, you just rolled survivor. Deal with it. At the very least, if you complain about getting survivor you get modkilled! That's not really a good thing, but... it exists...
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #6952 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Korina »

Survivor but also not a Survivor.

You're both a survivor and not a survivor at the same time. Figure out how that works yourself because I don't really know.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6953 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Town Mason Monk

You are in a PT with other Masons, who are confirmed to not be Mafia-aligned.

You are in a PT with other Monks, who are confirmed to not be Werewolf-aligned.

-----
In post 6952, Korina wrote:
Survivor but also not a Survivor.

You're both a survivor and not a survivor at the same time. Figure out how that works yourself because I don't really know.
You will find out by "observing" your role, which is of course done by reading your Role PM. Not Survivor is either a Jester or Unjester depending on the mod's discretion.
time will end
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6954 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

(Okay. I'll try to relax. No promises though.

@ Ircher: Really? It's definitely a risky gamble for mafia, since they run the risk of getting overrun if they do it at the wrong time/pick the wrong person, but I was thinking the role might not be entirely negative-utility for a scumteam alignment. Sure, they can't win with the cult, but it creates another threat/possible source of chaos if nothing else and redirects a player's agenda slightly, which is bad for town and might make it worth the risk if you know the first member of the cult. Maybe.)

----

Town Hated Miller Pirate Ninja 3-Shot Bladed Vigilante

Both the Pirate and the Ninja modifiers apply to you; investigative roles won't see you performing kills, and should you happen to obtain any investigative abilities such as Tracker, etc., you will be able to see someone performing a kill even if they have the Ninja modifier.

Unfortunately, both the pirates and the ninjas view you with suspicion since you refuse to choose between them, so it takes 1 less vote to lynch you than it normally would. The rumors they've started about you are getting out of control; now they're accusing you of being affiliated with the mafia, of all things. And, well, you've definitely got a chip on your shoulder or two, so you can't really blame any investigatives too much if they buy into the rumors.

You don't mind using your swordsmanship for good, though. Or trying to at any rate. Your kills are performed with a katana, not a gun, so you result in a "yes" for bladesmiths and a "no" for gunsmiths. However, your blade's definitely seen better days, so you can only try to perform a kill with it three times before it becomes too dull to be of use.

You win with the Town.
my husband and true love, Tomonori Kotokura (Hiiro no Kakera 4)

How is that relevant? Uhhh, he would be great at forum mafia if he lived today and not ~1000 years ago in a fantasy setting.
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6955 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Town Even-Day-Reflexively(?)-Randomly-Modifier-and-Shot-Shedding Hated Miller Pirate Ninja 3-Shot Bladed Vigilante

Like the above role in , but at the end of each day ending in an even number, you will randomly lose one of your blade shots or modifiers from among {Hated, Miller, Pirate, Ninja, Even-Day, Randomly, Reflexively, 1 use of Bladed Vigilante ability}. You will be informed of which one you have lost when night falls.

If you lose the Even-Day modifier in this way, this triggers on odd days as well. If you lose Randomly, you get to pick which modifier to lose. If you lose Reflexively, this shedding of modifiers/ability uses becomes optional (i.e., you can choose whether or not to randomly lose a modifier or bladed vig shot during each even-numbered day if you lose just Reflexively but not the others).

Flavor: you've spent too long living the cushy life up in town, and your sneaking skills, eyesight, and blade aren't as sharp as they used to be. Fortunately, the whole drama with the ninjas and pirates seems to be dying down a little, maybe. You've been trying to retain and control the rate at which you lose these skills and get back into everyone's good graces... Hopefully it pays off.

You win with the Town.

((Is it Reflexive or Compulsive by the way?))
Last edited by Sushi Martyr on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How is that relevant? Uhhh, he would be great at forum mafia if he lived today and not ~1000 years ago in a fantasy setting.
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6956 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Town Multitasking Super-Atheist Macho Gun-Carrying Pirate Random-Modifier-Shedding Tracker

Each night, you may choose to lose a modifier at random among {Multitasking, Super-Atheist, Macho, Gun-Carrying, Pirate, Random [as applied to the shedding of modifiers]}; you'll be informed of which one you lost at the start of the next day. You may also choose to track someone to see where they go each night.

Multitasking lets you use both of your abilities (the modifier loss and the Tracker ability) in the same night.

Super-Atheist: You are
really
adamant about not being in a Cult. So much so that even investigative roles which normally do not receive information in the form of "Cult/not Cult" will be informed that you are not a member of the Cult when they attempt to investigate you, and no other information.

Macho: You can't be protected from kills.

Gun-Carrying: You return a "yes" result to Gunsmiths.

Pirate: Your tracking abilities, and any other investigative abilities you may acquire, work on ninjas.

Random: If you lose this, you get to choose the modifier you lose whenever you use your modifier loss ability.

Flavor:
You're an ex-pirate, putting your scouting abilities to good use helping this town. Admittedly your social skills might have suffered a little during your time at sea. But seriously, what do people take you for, a cultist? You are NOT a cultist.
Last edited by Sushi Martyr on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6957 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:47 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Mafia Modifier Cop

Each night, you may choose a player to learn all modifiers that currently apply to them.

Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6958 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Town Modifier Cop

Each night, you may choose a player to see all modifiers that currently apply to them.

----

Not sure if they should see Miller or not. I'm leaning towards "yes" for normal Miller (kind that only shows as mafia to cops) but for the version where they get the worst possible result in every situation, like Trackers see them visiting the killed person and the like in addition to the Cop red check, that should probably be undetectable by this role too. Eh, mod discretion, I guess.

Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6959 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Werewolf Modifier Cop/Modifier Thief

Each night, you may choose to visit a target and either use your modifier cop action, to see what modifiers currently apply to them, or your modifier thief action, to steal all modifiers that currently apply to them (i.e., your target loses all of those modifiers and you gain all of them).

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6960 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Unassuming Mafioso

All roles that care about your alignment treat you as if you were Town-aligned.
time will end
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6961 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Town Modifier-Dependent Doctor/Vigilante

Each night, you may target someone. If this person has fewer than 3 role modifiers, you will attempt to heal them from one attack. If this person has 3 or more role modifiers, you attempt to kill them instead.

Flavor:
When your little town came under threat by various sinister organizations, you decided the people could use a good doctor. You know the basics of medicine and have no problem treating people who are pretty close to normal. However, when things end up being more complex than they were at first, you have a tendency to panic and, uh, end up making lethal mistakes sometimes.

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6962 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Werewolf Prism

When targeted, targets a random player with one of these actions chosen at random (1d100):

1-5 - Vigilante
6-20 - Doctor
21-35 - Neighborizer
36-50 - Roleblocker
51-65 - Cop
66-80 - Tracker
81-95 - Watcher
96-100 - Role Cop
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6963 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Mafia-Immune Replicant Sympathizer

If there are no other Replicants in the game, you are a Mafia-Immune Townie.

You are immune to all actions from Mafia-aligned players.
time will end
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6964 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Town Cop

Each night, you may investigate a player to see if they're a member of the mafia.

((
Mod Notes:
Starts Sane. The first time this player investigates a role that is not Town or Mafia, their sanity flips and they become Insane; this applies the night after their check on the player with non-town/non-mafia alignment.))

Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6965 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:26 am

Post by Spangled »

Town Reflexive 2-shot Masonizing Neighbourizing Visitor Fruit Vendor Voyeur Cop
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #6966 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Lyncher Vigilante
In post 6934, Korina wrote:
Cultist Lyncher

Normal lyncher, except Cult-Aligned. If they get their target lynched they win even if Cult doesn't win. Their target must be a townie.

----------

1) Don't listen to Chennisden. I've gotten into a fight with them over roles, so it's just best to continue on with what you were originally planning on doing and ignoring them.
2) Like TL said, GIM is about making whatever creative/weird/potentially unbalanced roles you want. Balance with the roles isn't really that big of a concern, and roles that are extremely unbalanced would probably get rerolled anyways. Otherwise, if you're me, (and a dick), you'd probably keep the extremely unbalanced/unfair role just for the laughs. People knew it was possible, so that was their fault.
I mostly just submit random crap I find fun/dumb references to things. Which also...
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #6967 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Town Transferable 1-Shot Activated Lynchproof

This is essentially what the Survivor Hidden Immunity Idol would look like in a mafia game
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6968 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Generic Anti-Town Baddie

You win if the town loses.
time will end
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #6969 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Ircher »

Town Roleblocker

Each night, you may attempt to prevent a player from acting.
---
Balance is still an important concern as unbalanced setups tend not to be fun, regardless of the roles involved.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 8/9 ONE MORE!]
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #6970 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Mafia Timepiece

You may submit which time of the day Day phases end each night. Action submissions must be in the form of XX:XX

For Blitzes: You are given a 6 hour window.

For Marathons: You probably should blacklist this role.

-----
In post 6969, Ircher wrote:
Town Roleblocker

Each night, you may attempt to prevent a player from acting.
---
Balance is still an important concern as unbalanced setups tend not to be fun, regardless of the roles involved.
In GIM, I'd much rather a role be unbalanced but still fun, than be unfun but still balanced.

N3 Suicidal Town Cop would be a balanced role that is unfun (please do not make a N3 Suicidal Town Cop).
time will end
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6971 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 am

Post by funkybike1 »

Night 3 Suicidal Town Cop

Mod Note: Insane.
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6972 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:08 am

Post by funkybike1 »

Melting Pot of Friendship

(Town Reflexive Neighborizer)
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #6973 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Ircher »

Diplomat

Uses the first win con that applies to the setup.
Mods are instructed to provide all win cons in the role pm and to avoid telling the player which one applies. Aka, it's like a closed win con! You may want to include this notice in the role pm.

Win: You win with the Peacemaker. You must attempt to force all factions to avoid any kills/eliminations (that succeed) for a total of 3 consecutive phases. This can be Night, Day, Night or Day, Night, Day.

Win: You win with the Self-Aligned Neutral Rebalancer! Please note that the Self-Aligned Neitral Rebalancer does not know this. You win when all factions (each Diplomat counts as a separate faction) are reduced to one player. You automatically lose if any faction is completely eliminated. The Self-Aligned Neutral Rebalancer and any third party factions are counted as separate factions (if multiple exist). The cult counts as a single faction. If you lose, you become a kingmaker in the game.

Win: All neutral survivors become a single faction. You are a part of that faction (as are any other diplomats). No neutral survivors will be informed of this changed win con, but you win if
All
of you survive to D3 and **you** or another diplomat survives to LyLo.

(If there are multiple Diplomats)
You, as are any other Diplomat, is allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

(If there is a single Diplomat)
You are effectively a neutral survivor. You win if you are the only player remaining. If the game ever reaches a "would-be" Happily Ever After outcome, you win instead.

Each night, you may use
of your active abilities:

Diplomatic Relations
- Each night, you may use your diplomcy skills to form a neighborhood with 2 players. Mods are instructed to generate new neighborhood threads each time this power is used unless the player requests otherwise.

Diplomatic Persuasion
- You may attempt to convince a player to not vote each night. This ability cannot be roleblocked, but if the player you target is killed, you die too unless a doctor saves **you**.

1-Shot Role Cop
- As a diplomat, you can be very persuading at times. You may on a single night investigate a player. If you succeed, you will learn the alignment and role of the targeted player, free from any meddling abilities such as miller. You may also use this ability on yourself: if you aren't roleblocked, you will learn your true win condition.

Friendly Diplomat
- You may, once a night, have the mod confirm to another player that you are a diplomat. Your win con will not be revealed.

You also have two passive abilities: 1-Shot BP and 1-Shot Prince.

Finally, when investigated, you show up as
Peaceful
and "Not Guilty" to any weapon inspections. (You appear guilty to anyone who investigates SK/Not SK).
Last edited by Ircher on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #6974 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Ircher »

Town 1-Shot Doctor

Once per game at night, you may attempt to protect a player from a single kill attempt.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”