Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Hi all, I replaced Nitro. This is my first game out of Newbie so I'm excited to get going.

I looked back through the thread last night, and I'm late to the game so I'll come out with some thinking. Sorry about the walling, but I wanted to get it out.

I got good vibes from clearly in the one post where she explained a vote, but other than that alot of inactivity so that's mostly a null at this point.

Maria I'm mostly null to be honest I don't do much in terms of looking at tone, but the play seemed a bit leaning town. I don't pick up on tonal tells well, but her explanation seemed genuine.

Poncho monkey - her explanation for initially voting Nacl was bad, and then when she developed it said what Maria had said in a slightly different way. That could be a slight associative or it could just be that she agreed with her which is what she said. So I'm null on that one. Interested to hear from the new slot now.

scumlean on Dunn. I notice that Dunn moved the wagon off of Shiro when Shiro had two votes and directed it at the person who put the second vote on Shiro. Also, Dunn seemed to be paying attention to vote counts based on their case against Voyc but didn't point out when they had put my slot at L-1. Honestly Nitro's play annoyed me in reading it so I get the wagon on my slot. Between the colors and the numbers, definitely not my style. But it's weird to invite a hammer and not warn people, especially since he was paying attention. The fact that Shiro then immediately hopped on which put the wagon up to L-1 means there may be some interaction there.

Also, I have another scumlean on Nacl. In post 40, when Voyc goes to L-1 he agrees with Dunn's case, but doesn't want his vote there. Then he votes poncho on what was an admittedly scummy post. Then 3 days later while Voyc is still at L-1 he says his read was impulsive and doesn't like it anymore. Then two days later he gives intent to hammer while still trying to distance, then brings down the hammer. This seemed scummy. Didn't want to go through without a lunch but didn't want to be the hammer on someone that was going to flip town. Aside from that had seemed town so I'm at a lean.

Shiro - potential associative with Dunn and had all null reads. Nothing jumped out particularly strong at me so this is null mostly.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:43 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Sorry again about that wall. In accordance with above,

VOTE: Nacl
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 93, ClearlyClarity wrote:I've narrowed it down to {Doctor Drew, Shiro, Billy Pilgrim} for reasons.

I think a massclaim later in the day is in order.
Clearly, we haven't played together before. Is that in reference to my slot or the other people?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 92, Shiro wrote:welp that did not go as expected.

I am going to assume at least one scum was on the wagon and we know North isnt it, I know I am not and I think dunn is town.

I find it unliekly someone would draw it as much as scum before hammering so I think NaCl response and how he hammered to be townie, I kinda liked his last post before the end of the day, thus

Vote Billy piligrim

Hi Shiro. I like the reasoning around the wagon, but you think that the random vote that stayed there was the scum member rather than someone later on?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 101, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 98, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 93, ClearlyClarity wrote:I've narrowed it down to {Doctor Drew, Shiro, Billy Pilgrim} for reasons.

Clearly, we haven't played together before. Is that in reference to my slot or the other people?
On your slot, and I'm not a fan of your posts either.

VOTE: Billy Pilgrim
The slot comment makes sense. My posts came after your comment. So what about my posts pinged you?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Clearly you trying to set up a quickhammer? You just brought it to L-1 without announcing it.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 106, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 103, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 101, ClearlyClarity wrote:
In post 98, Billy Pilgrim wrote:

On your slot, and I'm not a fan of your posts either.

VOTE: Billy Pilgrim
The slot comment makes sense. My posts came after your comment. So what about my posts pinged you?
Your catchup was too unnecessarily wordy for my taste. Scum generally try to look as if they're saying a lot without actually saying much of anything at all.

Though tbh I'm getting a bit of an "earnest newbie" vibe from you.
This one is getting unwieldy, I will probably clip the earlier posts if I quote here again. Sorry about the length. I'm a lawyer by trade. I'm working on my wordiness.

I'm having trouble reading this play now. Pushed me up to L-1 w/o announcing it then went from reading my wordiness as scum to earnest? I'm feeling like such a quick change of heart is probably town though.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:31 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I'm townreading Drew at the moment. I had a null on the slot, but Drew has come in and started legitimately scumhunting. I'm also agreeing with their read on Clearly. I had trouble reading it at the beginning, but now I'm persuaded. Also Nacl has downgraded my read a bit. I feel like Clearly is a better place for my vote.

VOTE: Clearly
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Ooh now the game is picking up. Hopefully I can learn something from this interaction. How are folks reading this, because I'm having trouble.

UNVOTE:
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:26 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 137, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 136, NaCl wrote:
In post 135, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 134, NaCl wrote:@Doctor Drew
In post 125, NaCl wrote: Doctor Drew, do you think there's scum on the Voyc lynch? If so, who?
Oops sorry about forgetting about this.

Considering the people who aren't on the wagon(my previous incarnation, Maria, and Clearly(who is clearly scum(heh))).

Yes, I would say one scum was on the wagon, don't think it is Nitro.....not sure who would be scum on the wagon at this moment tbh.
Why do you think it's not Nitro/Billy?
There was nothing in his D1 ISO that stuck out for me, I will say I am closely following Billy's posts today. He really seems like his going out of his way to remind us he is a newbie.

Trying to suss out how genuine he is.

Fucking lawyers.
I'll say this about my playstyle, I've only finished one game and it was Newbie 1945. I didn't really start to feel comfortable in that prior game until day 3. And based on a post-game conversation I had with one of those players who told me they were scumreading me because of it, I've tried to cut down on the amount that I said that I was new. In this game, I thought the only time I said it was when I entered the game. And I said it there because I think it's relevant. I did acknowledge that I'm weak at reading, but I said that because I think it's relevant.

As for you saying that I was sheeping that's probably fair. I doubt I'm going to be first on a wagon. I laid out a case on Nacl and Dunn when I came into the game and apparently I'm the only one that saw anything in those two places. I'm adjusting.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Also, that's the second time I've been put at L-1 in day 2 without someone acknowledging it. Also I think it happened to Nitro. What is it with this slot with people inviting quickhammers?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:10 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Drew, if I was looking for an excuse to vote her why would I have read part of her play as town in 114?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:41 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Shiro, post 81 you read the wagon on scum then hoping that scum would ride apathy to a no lynch.
Then right after the night you now say you think there was a scum on the wagon.

This feels like a change to me. And if it is, then why?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

This may be one of the least active games on the server.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Aside from the vote on Voyc what makes you think Shiro is scum?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:30 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

This game really needs some more activity.

I don't think that scum would make such a mechanical error like not understanding how the roles worked. So I'm adding some strength to my Drew town read.

Also, Clearly's posts in defense make sense to me, particularly her directing a question at someone who didn't have a wagon on them at the moment. Drew's point would have made more sense had she been doing that at a bunch of people, but aside from the wide bet she cast with her lynch pool, I'm not seeing that. Also, I'm getting a tvt Vive from that clearly/Drew exchange.

We are two days away from deadline at the moment and right now, I don't feel confident in anything.

I don't know why everyone's cleared Dunn. The case that Dunn laid out seemed legitimate, but he also helped push someone to L-1 without a warning, and it seems that the only posting he's done in day 2 is defending Clearly. I still have him as a scumlean.

Maria, I have nothing on. She listed alot of her reads from the neighbor pt. There's alot of inactivity, which seems to apply to everyone except nacl and Drew.

As for Nacl, I've got them leaning town. Their posts in day 2 have flipped this. The stuff in day 1 doesn't look as weird in retrospect.

Shrio - quickly sheeped onto Dunn's case on Voyc, then went back and forth on whether that Voyc wagon was town/scum (I get that the person flipped town, but the wagon only got one more person on it after Voyc reading it as a town wagon), then he goes after what to me is the least likely candidate. How is scum the first person on a wagon? That vote was random. And Nitro certainly didn't do anything to push the wagon. This feels like an attempt to build the case on the lurker because it was the easiest target. That's the only reason I can see for your analysis about the character of the wagon changing when a person you read as town is the only on after you read an L-1 wagon as town.

VOTE: Shiro
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:31 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 174, NaCl wrote:I'm not sure. Because I'd also been townreading her (MariaR) previously. But there's something in the setup I'd rather not say that makes me think one of Shiro and MariaR is scum. The other issue is that when I look at it, I can't possibly see Shiro as a scum team with anyone based on her interactions with the rest. The only possible person I could see Shiro as scum with is MariaR...which again, leads me to be more interested in lynching MariaR.

At this point I'm not really convinced about Shiro. So I'm sort of preferring MariaR, second choice being Billy Pilgrim. But we don't have much time.

Would be really nice if someone else would talk, really. Dunnstral, do you have the same kind of read on Shiro that she has on you?

Billy, who's scum?
I don't know what you mean by the setup.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:10 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 175, Billy Pilgrim wrote:This game really needs some more activity.

I don't think that scum would make such a mechanical error like not understanding how the roles worked. So I'm adding some strength to my Drew town read.

Also, Clearly's posts in defense make sense to me, particularly her directing a question at someone who didn't have a wagon on them at the moment. Drew's point would have made more sense had she been doing that at a bunch of people, but aside from the wide bet she cast with her lynch pool, I'm not seeing that. Also, I'm getting a tvt Vive from that clearly/Drew exchange.

We are two days away from deadline at the moment and right now, I don't feel confident in anything.

I don't know why everyone's cleared Dunn. The case that Dunn laid out seemed legitimate, but he also helped push someone to L-1 without a warning, and it seems that the only posting he's done in day 2 is defending Clearly. I still have him as a scumlean.

Maria, I have nothing on. She listed alot of her reads from the neighbor pt. There's alot of inactivity, which seems to apply to everyone except nacl and Drew.

As for Nacl, I've got them leaning town. Their posts in day 2 have flipped this. The stuff in day 1 doesn't look as weird in retrospect.

Shrio - quickly sheeped onto Dunn's case on Voyc, then went back and forth on whether that Voyc wagon was town/scum (I get that the person flipped town, but the wagon only got one more person on it after Voyc reading it as a town wagon), then he goes after what to me is the least likely candidate. How is scum the first person on a wagon? That vote was random. And Nitro certainly didn't do anything to push the wagon. This feels like an attempt to build the case on the lurker because it was the easiest target. That's the only reason I can see for your analysis about the character of the wagon changing when a person you read as town is the only on after you read an L-1 wagon as town.

VOTE: Shiro
My bad. Meant to say that this is L-1.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I saw intent. I'm a cop. Unfortunately I was on Northside last night so I can't clear anyone.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Sure, my flavor is Seven. The reason I investigated Northsidegal was because in the theory article I read it had suggested that as cop you focus on the people you read as strong town so you can confirm people as town in case you go down. I felt that she was my strongest townread and it was between you and her for the most active players. After your play with respect to Voyc yesterday, I felt a little uneasy about you, and between the two of you, she seemed the better bet.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Its about getting into LYLO with people that can't be mislynched. If strong players can be confirmed town that's incredibly valuable. I know I'm not doing great at reading yet, but theory is definitely something in my wheelhouse, and that article made sense. It just wasn't effective because apparently I came off scummy so I couldn't get any useful results for LYLO.

Drew, that article wasn't for you. Nacl asked me what article I was referring to.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Wasn't using it to discredit the scum read. Just explaining the actions. Folks thought it was weird that I copped my town-read. I copped my town-read because that article persuaded me to. And if I roll cop again I will cop my town-read again.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

This was rough. Well played with the cc Nacl.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”