Not Your Mama’s Roll2Dodge [2/4] (SIGNUPS OPEN)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Inferno390 »

So I’ve been giving some thought
And barring another /in before we get started
I will be joining you all as a fourth player so you guys have someone a little more experienced with this edition of the system playing alongside you. That way you’ll have an example of the gameplay in addition to having someone you can direct questions to.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I’ll sit down at the bar and order a big old shot of fire-whiskey., taking in my surroundings.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Dang Former, you’re going to make me work aren’t you?

One rough-looking individual slips into the bar, avoiding attention but catching it anyway. He is an older gent, perhaps in his fifties, with skin a dark brown and cropped hair the color of stormclouds. The man is also built like a mountain, packed full of muscles that dance under the skin like flames as he moves. He comes invariably dressed in a white shirt stained yellow-gray, suspenders, and a pair of heavy work jeans tucked into brown boots. Today his suspenders are a dark green. His blue eyes flick around the bar from behind silver wire frames, taking in today’s crowd. The bar is pretty quiet now, before most of the other workers are off to waste their money. The workers treat him with a distant respect, giving the man the space he craves while acknowledging his presence. The man is a patron of the place, they know, but not in a bad way. He returns night after night for his evening meal, and keeps the place quiet so others don’t have to. The last man who interrupted his meal got their head beat in.
The man sits down at the bar and nods to the other customer down at the other side. Then he slips his hand into his jeans pocket and pulls out three small circles of metal, copper gears intricately etched with swirling lines. The bartender nods as he passes the man to his waiting newcomer, and the man nods back before setting the three marks on the table.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I would like to make a perception check regarding this character. Specifically my character wants to know if he’s from around here, if he’s a person of some influence, and his motives in coming to the bar.

Original Roll String: 1d20 (STATIC)
1 20-Sided Dice: (9) = 9

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Is this better?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Yeah, and I don’t think my character would recognize your character anyways because of the background difference. I’m really just trying to get a feel of what you’re doing in the bar and what kind of person you are.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

The man glances down to the other side of the bar at the new figure that has arrived. He makes two observations: 1) The newcomer is clearly drunk beyond reason, and 2) the situation looked ready to go downhill quickly. “Just my usual, please. And a large shot of fire-whiskey.”

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@Former: I was actually thinking about switching to third person here shortly. I do think we should try and all write in the same perspective, but I can do either. Just depends on what everyone is comfortable with.
Also good to have you Spam.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Gonna make a check to notice Alexander.

Original Roll String: 1d20
1 20-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Inferno390 »

The man rises from his seat and begins moving in the direction of the conflict.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Going to try and size up the attitude of the rest of the crowd.
As for my character, he is actually kind of impressed with the way the man handled it.

(Basically what I’m wanting here is to roll perception on the crowd to get a pre-emptive idea of what is going to happen, so I get a chance to react before they do.)

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Inferno390 »

1 20-Sided Dice: (5) = 5

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Eh

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

The man steps out in front of the crowd, putting himself between the newcomer and the others. HE crosses his arms and gives them all the deepest scowl he can muster, which is very deep indeed. "That's enough. Everyone back to your business."

Intimidation Check
1 20-Sided Dice: (18) = 18

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:37 am

Post by Inferno390 »

The man turns and smiles at the man addressing him. "No problem. The name's Johnson. And for the record, I appreciate you handling that man without starting a barfight. It shows you have quite a bit of tact. What do you go by?"

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Inferno390 »

(Do I passively get a counter roll here?)

Johnson nodded slowly, thoughtful. "I agree. There are far too many men on the street like him, abused and used by the system."
Last edited by James Brafin on Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

PM sent.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”