Theme Test Market and Co-Mod Recruitment

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by Vijarada »

definitely seems like something that will actually happen
get a warrant
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:44 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 224, xofelf wrote:We've only been planning it for the last 6 years, no big deal, it's fine.
Now I feel like I'm perfectly fine letting zoombinis sit down doing nothing for 3.
(Which still needs help as well)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Hello, it's me.

Vashtaneurotic and I are planning a game based on world legends, myths, and religions. It's tentatively called
Survivor: More Legendary
. A basic game outline, as well as overarching game twists, have been created, and we are moving on to challenge design as I speak. Things are heating up here at PV Enterprises, and you won't want to miss it.

Interested applicants should have the following:
  • 3-5 years experience modding games. Or just know how to play Survivor, one of the two.
    A passion for serving others, and a love of making your vision a reality. Or just a desire for the fame and fortune that comes with modding Survivor games.
    Intensive experience with photo manipulation, editing, and creation. Or at least you've opened up Microsoft Paint at any point in your life.
    Ideas for challenge design which are unique, fun, and easy to run. Or, at a minimum, a better idea for challenge design than running Coup with three tribes.
    Endless free time and dedication to menial tasks for a minimum of two years. Or sometimes check on things when we ask you to I guess.
Potential applicants should reach out to myself or Vashtaneurotic, and we'll get you started in the best world adventure you've been a part of.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by PrivateI »

This position has been filled.

To all other applicants, we thank you for your interest, and we hope you find success elsewhere.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Vijarada »

by whom
get a warrant
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I have cooked up a really unique idea for an LSG that functions similarly to Endurance, but with quite different mechanics. I don't believe this game has ever been run before and I think I've struck gold. I'm really excited about this idea, but I can't run it alone. I'm looking for two people with specific skillsets. I need someone who can help me with challenge design and someone who can help me with graphics. Obviously I would also want help for specific theme ideas and game thoughts, but at the minimum I know what my weaknesses are and where I would need help :)

If you have any interest, please reach out to me <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Malkon and CaptainMeme present:

A brand new MS Original LSG never run before that involves pairs and functions somewhere between Capture and Endurance. We are hopeful this will become a classic game that people will enjoy for socially interesting, strategically intriguing, and cooperative balancing dynamics.

We are also in the market for a 3rd comod. We don't necessarily need anyone for graphics or game design. But if you have a passion for helping build new games and working on challenge design, and will be active to help us with general assistance, feel free to apply :)

We are hoping to build interest and get hype! \o/ HYPE HYPE AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:29 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Looking for a mod whose up for helping to create a brand new LSG game, the game will be based around new UK TV show 'The Circle' its a show similar to your general LSGs but is heavier on the social game, challenges only serve as points of conversation rather than having direct impact upon who has power in the game

Elimination are based purely on rating other players on their social game and how well you like them (with of course some twists)

For anyone who has watched The Circle, it won't be exactly the same in some aspects as some things wouldn't work, the important factor is the rating system

If you haven't watched The Circle feel free to apply as a mod anyway and I'll happily tell you about it some more

Best to give me a shout on Discord, CreativeMod1#3798
Also I'm super open to working with people I've never met before or don't know well so yeah don't be shy, just as long as your open to having fun
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:10 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Well that was quick, will give a hype post soon about the game but thanks to CaptainMeme and Snakes for joining as Co-Mods
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:24 am

Post by xofelf »

God damn that is quite the team. Good ol Snacks <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hybrid: Hunger Games has found a third mod in Pants. More info to come soon <3
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:48 am

Post by PrivateI »

Looking for a comod for a nonanonymous concept that I intend to run in the extreme short-term (let's say, by or around American Thanksgiving). I don't have much to say at this time, other than expressing a desire to Make MS Great Again.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:30 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Following on from Captain Meme stepping down from modding duties, we need a new co-mod for this game. A lot of the general outline for the game has been worked out, its more so of creating a board and stuff like that. It's both me and Snakes that are currently working on the game
In post 232, CreativeMod1 wrote:Looking for a mod whose up for helping to create a brand new LSG game, the game will be based around new UK TV show 'The Circle' its a show similar to your general LSGs but is heavier on the social game, challenges only serve as points of conversation rather than having direct impact upon who has power in the game

Elimination are based purely on rating other players on their social game and how well you like them (with of course some twists)

For anyone who has watched The Circle, it won't be exactly the same in some aspects as some things wouldn't work, the important factor is the rating system

If you haven't watched The Circle feel free to apply as a mod anyway and I'll happily tell you about it some more

Also I'm super open to working with people I've never met before or don't know well so yeah don't be shy, just as long as your open to having fun
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
JimmyUrineMoneyShot
JimmyUrineMoneyShot
Goon
JimmyUrineMoneyShot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by JimmyUrineMoneyShot »

Idea for a Survivor game, Cannibal Island, introducing a food mechanic.

Each tribe beings with X pounds of rice. Before each challenge you have the choice to eat 1 pound of rice, partake in no rice or take a double helping of rice. Eating rice allows you to compete in that day’s challenge. If you choose not to eat any rice, you will not have the energy to compete and must sit out of the challenge. Eating a double portion of rice, 2 pounds, let's you gain an advantage in that day’s challenge, due to the extra energy for calories consumed. If you choose to eat a double portion, there will be a 33% chance of being caught taking a double portion and being made known to your tribe. There is at start of game just enough pounds of rice such that if one tribe were to lose every challenge (thus sending one person home each challenge) and every player on that tribe always competed in the challenge without taking a double portion, then they will barely have enough rice to always allow every player on the tribe to compete in the challenge until the merge. No tribe will ever be forced to sit out a player in a challenge for having more players than the other tribe. Therefore on average, a tribe that doesn't go to tribal council at some point will have to sit out an extra person on average per challenge in order to have enough rice for tribe to keep competing. And if people are taking double portions, then even less rice available.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:04 am

Post by pablito »

Wooo, more forced limitation games please.
Sup, later.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I am looking for comods for a game called Survivor of the Fittest, it will be an animal kingdom themed game. Plenty of room for design, looking for at least one partner to put in a lot of effort to help me get this over the finish line. The game wants to feature great challenge design and many low-impact twists, no great overhauls of the format. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Thank you
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 240, Save The Dragons wrote:I am looking for comods for a game called Survivor of the Fittest, it will be an animal kingdom themed game. Plenty of room for design, looking for at least one partner to put in a lot of effort to help me get this over the finish line. The game wants to feature great challenge design and many low-impact twists, no great overhauls of the format. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Thank you
I'm a little in over my head at the moment with being on projects, but just out of curiosity, is this anon or non-anon?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:10 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh hey, you're resurrecting that, fen? that's awesome :)
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:27 pm

it will be an anon and yep I'm gonna try and run it who doesnt wanna play as an aminal
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:09 am

Post by BROseidon »

Rebrand to “Battle Fur Survival” and I’m in
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Jamelia »

Has anyone thought of hosting a “The Circle” game? From the UK show that’s not a US theme?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yes! CreativeMod1 and Snakes have started working on that :)
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 232, CreativeMod1 wrote:Looking for a mod whose up for helping to create a brand new LSG game, the game will be based around new UK TV show 'The Circle' its a show similar to your general LSGs but is heavier on the social game, challenges only serve as points of conversation rather than having direct impact upon who has power in the game

Totally didn’t see this. Awesome!
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 240, Save The Dragons wrote:I am looking for comods for a game called Survivor of the Fittest, it will be an animal kingdom themed game. Plenty of room for design, looking for at least one partner to put in a lot of effort to help me get this over the finish line. The game wants to feature great challenge design and many low-impact twists, no great overhauls of the format. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Thank you
If someone's not the goat, I will be disappointed. Baaaaaaaaaa bitches
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Thank you
Update, I'm further along, almost ready for milestone 1 but I need comods, if you're looking for moderation experience or just want to help run a game, please let me know

Thanks

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”