Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 am

Post by Egduf »

I’m assuming we can’t vote for ourselves, I meant just voting for other mafia.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

mod: can we vote for ourselves to wear the crown. Also, are crown votes public?

It's possible selfvoting is allowed, since the mafia would still have a voting advantage with selfvoting allowed.

gameplay506 is my p2 scumread, meming about giving yourself the crown isn't inherently scummy to do p1 of this setup but the way he said it concerns me. He promised to use the abilities in "the town's best interest" not "our best interest" (but he did use first person plural at the beginning of the post when he's not a hydra!?!?)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 am

Post by gameplay506 »

What you rambling about
First person plural where
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 16, gameplay506 wrote: we
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:05 am

Post by gameplay506 »

We as in everybody from the game should give reasons as to why they deserve the crown
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

oh now I see
I think I like the post even less now
"Well, I..."
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:19 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Please do elaborate
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

Suggesting an exercise, then completing the exercise without posting anything town-indicative, leads me to suspect you actually do not believe group participation in the exercise will net you anything town-indicative.
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:43 am

Post by Hectic »

Liking pops' reasoning there. I don't scumread him for it, but
Gameplay:
What were looking for with that suggestion?

UNVOTE: popsofctown
VOTE: Correspondence

How you two doing? Will you only be corresponding with each other this game?
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:53 am

Post by gameplay506 »

I'm not sure I understand but for the sake of the argument let's say I do. And I have this idea in my head that page 1 posts are usually more jokish oriented and shouldn't really be interpreted as something other than light-hearted banter BUT again lets say it was a serious group exercise. Could you answer it in a town-indicative manner then?
Pedit: I will tell you when pops responds.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

No, I don't know how to convince people to give me something that would benefit me regardless of my alignment and do so in a way that is alignment indicative. If I'm going to post about something that's not an inherently town indicative topic I may as well post about why Advance Wars is a dead series or why I am obsessed with eating eggs lately and other bizarre stuff I've posted d1 to try to townspew before, without being boxed in or railed by someone who might not even share my alignment.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

This game has at least crosspond player rip timezones
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

You know what

Oversoul's phrasing makes me think the power roles won't be X-shot.

I think there might be a lot of benefit to trying to secret groupthink 1 townread. Like don't do townreadslists, just do scumreadslists.
Scum have trouble actually townreading obvtown sometimes if you don't tell them.

The next day if that player's ability was weak or underwhelming they can claim and ask not to be given the crown again. If it is sufficiently awesome, they don't claim. Then we secret vote again, they can dodge NK again, they can do awesome thing again. It might shift to a different person if the scum NK one of the people who voted for that particular crown but we didn't lose anything then.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

I will often abstain from doing townsreadslists anyway just because it can inform the nightkill for not enough benefit but this setup tilts things even more that way.
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Hectic »

Problem with not claiming votes at the start of the next day is that it makes it a lot easier for scum to all vote for who they think is towniest out of all of them.

Think we should claim start of tomorrow who we all voted for, and then person who won the crown should claim.

Really dig the groupthink crown voting idea though, let's not talk about strong townreads or who we want the crown to go to at all. Revealing votes tomorrow can be really valuable if we don't do that.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Hectic »

Not a fan of gameplay's answer. Could just be small question he didn't give much thought to, but most to go off of at this stage. Do you still not understand what Pops is saying here, Gameplay?

UNVOTE: Correspondence
VOTE: Gameplay
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 39, Hectic wrote:Problem with not claiming votes at the start of the next day is that it makes it a lot easier for scum to all vote for who they think is towniest out of all of them.

Think we should claim start of tomorrow who we all voted for, and then person who won the crown should claim.

Really dig the groupthink crown voting idea though, let's not talk about strong townreads or who we want the crown to go to at all. Revealing votes tomorrow can be really valuable if we don't do that.
What are you saying here? Scum will vote together on someone who seems kind of towny, then shoot that person?

If they could really figure it out, they would have been shot the previous night, so that's why I think repeated crownee works.
"Well, I..."
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:53 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 35, popsofctown wrote:No, I don't know how to convince people to give me something that would benefit me regardless of my alignment and do so in a way that is alignment indicative. If I'm going to post about something that's not an inherently town indicative topic I may as well post about why Advance Wars is a dead series or why I am obsessed with eating eggs lately and other bizarre stuff I've posted d1 to try to townspew before, without being boxed in or railed by someone who might not even share my alignment.
Well exactly, there isn't really a town indicative way of answering it and I know that. I never intended for it to be a group exercise aiming to provide me with townreads, I was joking around and the most I strived to achieve if anything was to bring the activity up and get people posting(here is your answer hectic).
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Hectic »

Not revealing votes allows scum to do two things easier:

1) All vote for the towniest within the scum, allowing that person to likely win the crown. Since we don't reveal votes, they can do this safely without any fear of association.

2) As you said, they all vote for the towniest town and shoot them.

If we reveal votes, scum cannot lie, since there comes a risk of the claimed crown wearing not having majority with all the claimed votes. So since they can't lie, it's riskier for them to vote together in fear of association.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:57 am

Post by gameplay506 »

So not sure what to think rn of your nitpicky behavior concerning some fairly obvious jokish posts(hectic's/mine) and that aggression sure is... something.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

1. If our collective favorite townread is a deepwolf we will all lose anyway. So let's play from the assumption that we will perform better than that, the subset of games where the crown is more meaningful. Most power roles are less powerful when everyone's reads are bad anyway.

2. You overestimate the ability for scum to develop townreads. I still don't understand why people townread chennisden or BitMap in Guns and Roses but they told me that they did so I shotted them
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 44, gameplay506 wrote:So not sure what to think rn of your nitpicky behavior concerning some fairly obvious jokish posts(hectic's/mine) and that aggression sure is... something.
Fight me IRL protoss only no zealot rush (cannon rush is OK) first one to 506 wins wins.
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 am

Post by Hectic »

The thing she picked out in your first post really is minor, but it's something to go off of at least. Some classic scumhunting basically. I can see you asking that just to get the game going though; it's RVS and you just want some activity at that stage.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Hectic »

Pops: Regarding 2, they can still quite easily get a general feel for who most are townreading. The consensus townread will be rarely voted and won't have a lot of pressure on them at times. So even if we deliberately don't talk about townreads, would be easy to get a general feeling.

What's so wrong with revealing votes? Townreads can definitely change from day 1 to day 2, and we get good information out of claimed votes too. Also prevent them voting tactically or if they do, make it easier to spot suspicious votes.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 26, popsofctown wrote:He promised to use the abilities in "the town's best interest" not "our best interest" (but he did use first person plural at the beginning of the post when he's not a hydra!?!?)
What did you think he meant by the "we" there if he wasn't a hydra? What else could he mean other than suggesting we all provide reasons for getting the crown?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”