Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Uhhhh
Ok?
Is not giving townreads that good of an idea tho? I mean giving scum the opportunity to not elaborate on anything but their scum reads does lift some pressure off and people can always vote for their second strongest townread if needed to throw scum off. And there is always the option of self-voting if permitted.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Hectic »

Also true. An alternative approach is giving townreads, but not ordering them so we don't show who we're likely to give the crown to. Catching scum out for bad townreads and fabricating reasons is a big part of the game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 35, popsofctown wrote:Advance Wars is a dead series
Check out Wargroove on steam!!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 49, Hectic wrote:
In post 26, popsofctown wrote:He promised to use the abilities in "the town's best interest" not "our best interest" (but he did use first person plural at the beginning of the post when he's not a hydra!?!?)
What did you think he meant by the "we" there if he wasn't a hydra? What else could he mean other than suggesting we all provide reasons for getting the crown?
The royal we
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

All this crown talk is nauseating.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 52, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 35, popsofctown wrote:Advance Wars is a dead series
Check out Wargroove on steam!!
I spent many a hot night on an island in the South Pacific curled up with a Nintendo Switch directing Mercia to carry out my will and I 100%ed the campaign but the postgame content was pretty disappointing and multiplayer is never what I've wanted out of the genre.

Can you post alignment indicative stuff soon
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 54, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:All this crown talk is nauseating.
Well, it is the whole mechanic for this game.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Hectic »

UNVOTE: Gameplay
VOTE: Dunsstral
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Votecount 1.01

Hectic (2) - popsofctown, Correspondence
popsofctown (2) - Dunnstral, gameplay506
gameplay506 (1) - NotMySpamAccount
Correspondence (1) - Egduf
Dunnstral (1) - Hectic

Not Voting (2) - x maya, Lil Uzi Vert

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-08-26 00:15:00).

In post 26, popsofctown wrote:mod: can we vote for ourselves to wear the crown. Also, are crown votes public?
Selfvoting to wear the crown is allowed. Crown votes will be made public after the crown bearer has been selected. The votes will be blind for the 24 hour period, but then be revealed once the crown bearer has been selected.
Last edited by Oversoul on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:46 pm

Post by Egduf »

In post 35, popsofctown wrote:No, I don't know how to convince people to give me something that would benefit me regardless of my alignment and do so in a way that is alignment indicative. If I'm going to post about something that's not an inherently town indicative topic I may as well post about why Advance Wars is a dead series or why I am obsessed with eating eggs lately and other bizarre stuff I've posted d1 to try to townspew before, without being boxed in or railed by someone who might not even share my alignment.
If it's NAI why are you scum reading him for it? I'm genuinely not seeing the logic here, it feels to me like you're just being overly nitpicky about a jokey RVS post.
In post 37, popsofctown wrote: I think there might be a lot of benefit to trying to secret groupthink 1 townread. Like don't do townreadslists, just do scumreadslists.
Scum have trouble actually townreading obvtown sometimes if you don't tell them.

The next day if that player's ability was weak or underwhelming they can claim and ask not to be given the crown again. If it is sufficiently awesome, they don't claim. Then we secret vote again, they can dodge NK again, they can do awesome thing again. It might shift to a different person if the scum NK one of the people who voted for that particular crown but we didn't lose anything then.
Strongly dissagree here. Not giving reads will make it far easier for the mafia to not only blend in but hide their scum partners. If you're that worried about the mafia guessing who gets the crown and killing them, just vote for your second biggest town read instead of the first.
In post 51, Hectic wrote:Also true. An alternative approach is giving townreads, but not ordering them so we don't show who we're likely to give the crown to. Catching scum out for bad townreads and fabricating reasons is a big part of the game.
This is an ok compromise.

Lil Uzi Vert, do you not think the crown talk has been productive?

VOTE: popsofctown
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:58 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 55, popsofctown wrote:Can you post alignment indicative stuff soon
:shifty: A post like this is unexpected coming from you - since when were you the type to pressure people for content at the start of a game?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

:shifty:
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Hectic »

Dunnstral and Lil Uzi: Got any other thoughts? Who you scumreading?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

When I was 0-0 with the strategy "let Dunnstral start playing whenever he feels like it" I never pressured you. I am now 0-1 with the strategy "let Dunnstral start playing whenever he feels like it". So, since now.
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yeah... no

There were different, mechanical reasons not to mess with the slot I replaced into in that game, and we won as scum through mechanics after the day 2 lynch

You're looking scummy this game pops
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If I had poked you more in that game, and you had scumspewed, you might have not gotten double voter. Also, there's something to be said for reads having a network effect and putting off reading you damaging some of my other reads.

Yes compared to any situation where I need to poke and sort a player there's a mitigating circumstance going on there, but that game demonstrated that scum!Dunnstral doesn't proactively alignment spew, and Guns&Roses tells me town!Dunnstral doesn't always do so, so you are on the list of people I think I should poke all the time. Which is a short list for me, because some people are immune to it.

Who else in this game do you think I need to poke, Dunnstral? Correspondence is showing a progression towards alignment indicative posting, and bothering Lil Uzi Vert isn't going to do anything, I can probably figure out a way to read "all this crown talk is nauseating" that's a dead tie with the most engaged I've ever seen him in a mafia game. Is your thesis that I don't ever try to pour oil day 1 dayplay? I always do. Usually it's generalized, yes, but look around, there's no reason to generalize in this particular instance.
"Well, I..."
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 58, Oversoul wrote:Selfvoting to wear the crown is allowed. Crown votes will be made public after the crown bearer has been selected. The votes will be blind for the 24 hour period, but then be revealed once the crown bearer has been selected.
Ah just saw this.
Sooo whoever got the crown can't hide and scum can't lie about who they voted for. That's good.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

I just don't get one thing - does the crown's ability change every night or does it have a specific ability depending on the person that has it?
Outside the mechanics question I don't have much to add. I'm okay with my Rvs(not so rvs anymore) vote atm so unless pops gives some kind of a response or someone scummier emerges, I'm keeping it there.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

:roll:
@mod I think xmaya and notmyspam are in a dire need of a prod.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:21 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 66, gameplay506 wrote:
In post 58, Oversoul wrote:Selfvoting to wear the crown is allowed. Crown votes will be made public after the crown bearer has been selected. The votes will be blind for the 24 hour period, but then be revealed once the crown bearer has been selected.
Ah just saw this.
Sooo whoever got the crown can't hide and scum can't lie about who they voted for. That's good.
Oh, that changes basically everything. No point of not discussing townreads if the crown bearer is public before the night anyway.
x maya
x maya
Townie
x maya
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:02 am

Post by x maya »

hey guys sorry for joining in late
popsofctown:
i think your posts have been quite aggressive so far but i assumed that it was your usual play style and consider it useful for early game to get a conversation going
Hectic wrote:
In post 66, gameplay506 wrote:
Ah just saw this.
Oh, that changes basically everything. No point of not discussing townreads if the crown bearer is public before the night anyway.
i'm glad this is the case because i think townreads are important for identifying scum. i do not scumread anyone right now but townlean gameplay506 and hectic for getting opinions from people and discussing strats for the game.
this is my first forum mafia game so i'm not too familiar with how to structure my posts but i'll try my best :)

VOTE: Dunnstral
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:22 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

I'm too bored to put togeethere a proper readslist, so I'll just say I think scum are trying to lurk, and that all active posters except maybe hectic are probably town.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:26 am

Post by Correspondence »

My dear Henrietta,

I am quite familiar with Professor Robessione’s work. Phrenology is a fascinating and dynamic field, and a hobby of mine. There’s something about the tactile feel of large calipers in my hand which is...invigorating. We must certainly send to the Professor, should our suspicions bear fruit.

With regard to Mr. Hectic, I see what you mean. He is quite erratic and brash, typical of young men of his station. The way he bounds from subject to subject is alarming, and it worries me that he has no true conviction. I am eager to take surreptitious measurements of his cranium!

Another subject in the village you should inspect is Mr. Dunnstral. While he is quite difficult to follow at times, it is my opinion that still waters run deep, and we should let him be for now. The wandering peddler Popsofctown is also engaging, and always good for conversation. They wear their heart on their sleeve, and it is a good one. Pops was willing to indulge my hobbyist’s measurements, and sure enough, they are as kindly and honest as they seem. This is in contrast to the town drunk, egduf, who has seen fit to offer only churlish insouciance thus far. I shall be keeping my eye on that one, and I suggest you do the same.

Fondly yours,
Phillippa
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Hectic »

i see
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Egduf »

Correspondence is going to be incredibly hard to read if they only interact with each other, the only thing I’ve really seen in their letters so far is that they don’t trust Hectic, but it’s just his play style to jump between things.
I’m going to be busy for the next three days, I will still be able to check the forum and post but I won’t be as active as normal.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”