Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:10 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Town drunk lol
The hydra seems like a lot of fun but I have to agree with egduf that they can be a little hard read
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 71, NotMySpamAccount wrote:I'm too bored to put togeethere a proper readslist, so I'll just say I think scum are trying to lurk, and that all active posters except maybe hectic are probably town.
What bothers you bout Hectic
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:20 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 72, Correspondence wrote:There’s something about the tactile feel of large calipers in my hand which is...invigorating.
And that is very very creepy Philippa :?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

Post 74 reeks. Very disingenuous reaction to a self-imposed post restriction. No actual town frustration with having an "unreadable" slot, or policy Lynch stance, or constructive words of any kind, just "don't lynch me when I refuse to play 12.5% of my mafia this game, thanks in advance".
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Correspondence »

Dearest Phillippa,

Just a brief note to you today, as I am in such distress. My goodness gracious! I took the liberty of hurrying down to the market to evaluate the drunk you mentioned, one Egduf. Surely, she reeked of sin as she accosted me even before I had a chance to measure betwixt her eyes. Such a fierce and craven denunciation I have never heard, and I confess to you I fainted straightaway from the fume of cheap gin upon her breath.

Fortunately, the gallant Miss Pops you wrote to me of rescued me, and together we reported the fiend to the constabulary. Surely as fine and upstanding a gentlewoman has never been, (aside from you, of course.) The officer assured me that our village has little regard for such wanton behavior, but he requires the testimony of at least five citizens in good standing to make an arrest. I shall see it done or be damned!

Battered but unbroken,
Henrietta

Post Script -

VOTE: Egduf
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Votecount 1.02

popsofctown (3) - Dunnstral, gameplay506, Edguf
(L-2)

Dunnstral (2) - Hectic, x maya
gameplay506 (1) - NotMySpamAccount
Hectic (1) - popsofctown
Edguf (1) - Correspondence

Not Voting (1) - Lil Uzi Vert

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-08-26 00:15:00).

Lil Uzi Vert has been prodded.
Searching for replacement for NotMySpamAccount.
Doctor Drew replaces NotMySpamAccount.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Howdy everyone.

Be back in a little bit with some mind blowing analysis.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 79, Correspondence wrote:Dearest Phillippa,

Just a brief note to you today, as I am in such distress. My goodness gracious! I took the liberty of hurrying down to the market to evaluate the drunk you mentioned, one Egduf. Surely, she reeked of sin as she accosted me even before I had a chance to measure betwixt her eyes. Such a fierce and craven denunciation I have never heard, and I confess to you I fainted straightaway from the fume of cheap gin upon her breath.

Fortunately, the gallant Miss Pops you wrote to me of rescued me, and together we reported the fiend to the constabulary. Surely as fine and upstanding a gentlewoman has never been, (aside from you, of course.) The officer assured me that our village has little regard for such wanton behavior, but he requires the testimony of at least five citizens in good standing to make an arrest. I shall see it done or be damned!

Battered but unbroken,
Henrietta

Post Script -

VOTE: Egduf
Are you familiar with the Capt. Andrew Luck twitter account?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

After a quick rundown, my initial impression is Hectic and Dunn are town and I don't like X Maya's vote on Dunn.

Correspondence is a fun read as mentioned, but I think we need to put their feet to the fire a bit to get them a bit more 'readable' if you will.

VOTE: correspondence
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Post by Egduf »

In post 78, popsofctown wrote:Post 74 reeks. Very disingenuous reaction to a self-imposed post restriction. No actual town frustration with having an "unreadable" slot, or policy Lynch stance, or constructive words of any kind, just "don't lynch me when I refuse to play 12.5% of my mafia this game, thanks in advance".
How am I implying this at all? I’m not going to refuse to read Correspondence, I just think it’s going to be difficult and that’s what I said.
The lack of actual “Town frustration” is because I’m not that mad about it. I didn’t need to post an angry rant to get my point across.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by Hectic »

Correspondence has posted a lot of fluff/flavour and not many actual thoughts in their first 5 posts. Might just be because they're rubbing me the wrong way and making fun of my Scalp Folliculitis - I'm quite insecure about it - but let's see where this goes.

UNVOTE: Dunnstral
VOTE: Correspondence
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 78, popsofctown wrote:Post 74 reeks. Very disingenuous reaction to a self-imposed post restriction. No actual town frustration with having an "unreadable" slot, or policy Lynch stance, or constructive words of any kind, just "don't lynch me when I refuse to play 12.5% of my mafia this game, thanks in advance".
Really? I had basically the same reaction to Correspondence.

x maya:
Is your vote on Dunnstral random, or have meaning behind it?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 84, Egduf wrote:
How am I implying this at all? I’m not going to refuse to read Correspondence, I just think it’s going to be difficult and that’s what I said.
The lack of actual “Town frustration” is because I’m not that mad about it. I didn’t need to post an angry rant to get my point across.
In post 86, Hectic wrote:
Really? I had basically the same reaction to Correspondence.

x maya:
Is your vote on Dunnstral random, or have meaning behind it?
I extrapolated a malicious purpose because the post has absolutely no purpose whatsoever. But fine, we can take it the other way: post 74 has no purpose and is IIoA and therefore a handbook tell. That gets me the same place but you've taken all the fun and storytelling away from me.

Of course you are disappointed the self-imposed post restriction is going to make Correspondence harder to read, Hectic. So is literally everyone except the mafia, Correspondence, and Oversoul. It doesn't need to be said. So it strikes me IIoAish. If she was more heavily frustrated then it'd make sense that she'd post it for a different reason, but she seems about as forgiving about it as I am so it's out of place.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Hectic »

I get what you're saying, pops. I just see it as more NAI at this stage, but yes, it is pointing out something that we were all thinking, and she didn't add why that might make Correspondence town/scum.

Correspondence are scumreading Egduf for saying they'll be hard to read? Or for the refusal to eat salad properly thing (not an actual reason)? Difficult to understand the reasoning behind that vote. Correspondence?
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 87, popsofctown wrote:Of course you are disappointed the self-imposed post restriction is going to make Correspondence harder to read, Hectic. So is literally everyone except the mafia, Correspondence, and Oversoul. It doesn't need to be said. So it strikes me IIoAish. If she was more heavily frustrated then it'd make sense that she'd post it for a different reason, but she seems about as forgiving about it as I am so it's out of place.
Sure, I really just wasn't overthinking everything I post. Here is my thoughts on the game so far though if that helps.

Hectic - Maybe Town

He's playing how he normally plays as town. I'm getting good vibes from his posts, he's asking a lot of questions and scum hunting.
gameplay506 - Slightly Town

I've only played with gameplay once before, but this seems consistant with his playstyle there so far. More good vibes.
Dunnstral, X Maya, Doctor Drew - Null

They've not posted enough so far for me to get a proper read on them either way. I don't know what to think about Dunnstal vs Popsofctown, could one of you link to the game you're referencing?
Correspondence - Null

Hard to read for reasons previously mentioned. I don't like their reads so far though.
Lil Uzi Vert - VERY Slightly Mafia

I don't like their first post. I don't properly scum read them yet due to the lack of posts, but if Doctor Drew is right and the mafia are trying to lurk then he would be my first guess.
popsofctown - Slightly Mafia

They seem overly agressive, and willing to jump on any reason to scum read people. Someone mentioned this could just be a difference in playstyle, but in my (small) expiriance people who play like this are normally scum. I think the suggestion of not giving any reads this game was also unnessisary and likely to be scum trying to hide.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Lil Uzi Vert opens every game with that post regardless of alignment. A small scientific-enough study found that players who greet the thread in their opening post are scummier than those who don't in the newbie queue, so your instinct is correct, but in Lil Uzi Vert's case where he does it every game because he likes to, it can't be alignment indicative. Same emoji same everything.

He also has really bad activity as town, I assume also as mafia.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Correspondence »

Dear Henrietta,

Honestly, my dear, these villagers are in desperate need of sophistication. Why, just yesterday I tried to place an order for a new hat from the finest haberdashery in London, and the poor telegraph operator simply stared at me blankly. Perhaps I should speak slower, or use smaller words so these bumpkins understand.

I also suspect they do not appreciate all the work we have been doing in ascertaining the criminality of Mr. Hectic and Miss Egduf, nor the moral rectitude of Miss Pops and Mr Dunnstral. These efforts are certainly more vigorous than any put forth by our detractors, wouldn’t you say? If they cannot understand my reasoning, then I contend they are not listening carefully.

Ever yours,
Phillippa
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm confused about whether the crown should go to a scumread or a townread, now. Since crown ownership will be public and the scum can just NK whoever got the crown. Are crown abilities going to be like sane cop to punish us for giving the crown to a townread, or will it be publishing cop and 1-shot BP and roleblocker to reward us for giving the crown to a townread?

If the scum couldn't get powers out of the crown I think it would actually be, give the crown to a scumread, hands down, if you force the scum to shoot your scumread good job. But I'm worried enough the scum powers are scary enough that it's not a good strategy. Finding a townread is supposed to be easy so Oversoul might set up something pretty punishing. 1-shot lynchproof or a wincon or an extra kill or something.
"Well, I..."
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

While it may be true that the crown wearer becomes a target, it far outweighs giving scum any more potential power.

I am not sure why this is a question for you?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

Because setups on this site are pretty townsided sometimes so the scum powers might also be flaccid.

It might be like, if you wear the crown once you're godfather for the rest of the game.

Which would be pretty zzz.
"Well, I..."
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I would think in this setup the scum are a bit stronger already given the potential for town to get some gnarly powers.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

I want to crown Dunnstral.
That way we don't crown scum.
Then he gets shot and we don't lose someone with good reads
"Well, I..."
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:46 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Cool
Citceh
Citceh
Townie
Citceh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Citceh »

No way do we try and give the crown to scum, agree with doctor drew for sure.

Why is Dunnstral town?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”