Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Hectic »

Whoops, that was me, mod.

--
In post 99, Citceh wrote:No way do we try and give the crown to scum, agree with doctor drew for sure.

Why is Dunnstral town?
--

Quoted it for you for continuity. -OS
Last edited by Oversoul on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

Messing with me is poking a beehive, he seems less likely to do that as scum. So I lean town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

Votecount 1.03
popsofctown (3) - Dunnstral, gameplay506, Edguf
(L-2)

Correspondence (2) - Doctor Drew, Hectic
Dunnstral (1) - x maya
Hectic (1) - popsofctown
Edguf (1) - Correspondence

Not Voting (1) - Lil Uzi Vert

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-08-26 00:15:00).

Searching for replacement for Lil Uzi Vert.
RCEnigma replaces Lil Uzi Vert.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:29 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I got a page and a half deep before it occured to me I should make my presence known!

To whom it may concern:

Hi!
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:31 am

Post by Egduf »

We give he crown to a town read, definitely.
I looked at Dunnstral’s entrance in the game pops linked, but she Town reads him now anyway. I agree with Dunnstral though in that the circumstances of his entrance there were different.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:31 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Page and a half I have pops as hard town. Probably because we're masons together. Hectic and gameplay might(+rand? Maybe?) be scum/scum and correspondence is going to be rough to read, literally and literally.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:07 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 59, Egduf wrote:Lil Uzi Vert, do you not think the crown talk has been productive?
Answering on his behalf. No.

It was a lot of dictating what towns stance should be before clarification on the mechanic.

Also, this setup could potentially be follow the cop and that's testable night 1. Now that that's out there, we can call the crown night 1 and scum has to medic dodge if the crown goes to town. Night 1 is potentially the MOST dangerous night for scum not knowing what the hidden ability is.

@mod: is the hidden ability universal or unique for each slot?

Losing my train of thought. Obviously if there is no protection it doesn't work that way but scum don't know the likelihood, so think of this as a collective Gambit opportunity.

X-shot could also pose a problem if it is anything less than 3. But if there is a protect and an investigative this method could produce potentially 4 soft clears and a psuedo clear in the crown recipient.

Assuming best case scenario.

Each hidden ability is unique. -OS
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

I really doubt follow the cop is possible. The abilities are hidden. We should double down on the first part of your post actually and play mafia I'm satisfied now that this setup is basically unbreakable and played by crown your townreads -> lynch your scumreads.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

x maya and Dunnstral are proddable
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Hectic has been like, contributing, but hasn't been pushed out of anything in anyone's scumrange in any comment really so it just seems very slight townier than rand.

I really liked one of gameplay's posts from being put on the defensive and have him greener than that, now.

The only slot I find scummy that aren't poe/low content would be egduF

Riposting is a boring way to start a game so that's why I'm still voting whatever my RVS vote is
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's worth saying the lurkers are not all the same
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Hectic »

I have a feeling the crown abilities aren't gonna be as powerful as cop checks, I think they'll be a lot less significant than that.

RCEnigma:
I think you're town, only way you'd be scum was if you were scum with me - so only a slight scumlean for now.

Anyway, why Gameplay as I as the two scum?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:22 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 111, Hectic wrote:
RCEnigma:
I think you're town, only way you'd be scum was if you were scum with me - so only a slight scumlean for now.
What in tarnation
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

Dear Henrietta,

I have heard of your expertise in phrenology and am intrigued by boundless possibilities borne by the discipline. I have not achieved the same mastery, perhaps for lack of Professor Robessione's tutelage, but I make no representation of understandings beyond the simple education needed to hawk my wares.
I am concerned that Doctor Drew, or perhaps I must call him Mister Drew, has presented himself as though an expert in the practice yet divined a conclusion from his calipers that quite conflicts with yours with regards to Mister Hectic. These concerns should be amplified the more profound the curvatures in Mister Hectic's head, don't you think? His is a veritable countryside!

The most paranoid conclusion I could draw is that Mister Drew has reported falsely owing to a shared criminal enterprise with Mister Hectic, but the men who bashfully buy goods from me on credit near the racetrack on Fridays will morosely confess that it is far harder to win a bet on two equestrians rather than one, and similarly it may be prudent to draw just one conclusion. It is perhaps the case Mister Drew's reports are fraudulent and he must hide how often his criminal enterprises put him out of practice with his purported profession, and feigned that report. It seems all the more probable with equally strong statements made about x maya and Dunnstral, whose scarcity strains Mister Drew's plausibility.

Please let me know your thoughts on this matter. You may forward this missive to Philippa, should you like, but I would most like to hear from you.

With fondness,
popsofctown
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:34 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 97, popsofctown wrote:I want to crown Dunnstral.
That way we don't crown scum.
Then he gets shot and we don't lose someone with good reads

...?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 111, Hectic wrote:I have a feeling the crown abilities aren't gonna be as powerful as cop checks, I think they'll be a lot less significant than that.

RCEnigma:

So do you think he's town or a slight scumlean? Also, I don't understand your reasoning.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:44 am

Post by Dunnstral »

UNVOTE:
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Ya lately I am really not thinking Hectic is looking good and pops I replaced on and got bad vibes from you, but now I am at a place where I want to sheep you.

But how dare you not call me by my professional name......don't let the happen again.

VOTE: Hectic
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

x maya had been prodded.
Last edited by Oversoul on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

I know I promised to shut up about strats, but what about crowning however the lynchee selects if the lynchee flips town? It keeps mafia from controlling the crowning. It also removes any crown VCA/wifom but I'm terrible at that stuff anyway, that's not how I catch people.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

I lean enough on the scum PRs probably being weak that that's not worth the loss of discourse

it's an idea though
"Well, I..."
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

I kinda wanna switch my vote rn but I seem to be having some trouble forming reads and getting my head in the game.
SO
I both like and dislike pops. I like their activity and their effort but I just can't seem to shake off some paranoia that's giving me second thoughts.
I like egduf. Reminds me of last game egduf and how I expected him to play tho I know he might fake it. But a pass for now.
Aaand I like Dunn. Think its for that small interaction with pops for calling her out.
Can't say much about the others. Hectic seems a bit different than last game and his pushes this game have been a bit superficial. Not a fan of drew either so gonna be one of those two.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 111, Hectic wrote:I have a feeling the crown abilities aren't gonna be as powerful as cop checks, I think they'll be a lot less significant than that.

RCEnigma:

Follow the cop doesn't need an actual cop. Anything that soft clears. Not sure role modifiers fit in micro queue but this is like...my second micro so I dunno.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 112, popsofctown wrote:
In post 111, Hectic wrote:
RCEnigma:
What in tarnation
We just finished the purge where he used the same read I think as town?? And got hard pushed for it. I'll double-check though.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

K
VOTE: Hectic

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”