Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Oversoul »

Votecount 1.06

Correspondence (2) - RCEnigma, Hectic
Hectic (1) - Doctor Drew
popsofctown (1) - Egduf
Edguf (1) - Correspondence
Doctor Drew (1) - gameplay506
RCEnigma - popsofctown

Not Voting (2) - Dunnstral, Aa

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-08-26 00:15:00).

The Crown stirs a little...
Last edited by Oversoul on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:07 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 274, Egduf wrote:Gameplay, can you explain why the votes on Corespondence are scummy?
I said they were based on flimsy reasoning but yea that can in some way translate to scummy in my mind, I guess. Tho it depends on the player.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Egduf, you are correct. Haven't been able to dig my claws into this game yet. That is why I am going to make a concerted effort to really analyzed things tonight.

At the very least the wagon attempted to start on me will be telling, and I prefer lressur......I develop reads based off OMGUS tbh.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 277, Doctor Drew wrote:Egduf, you are correct. Haven't been able to dig my claws into this game yet. That is why I am going to make a concerted effort to really analyzed things tonight.

At the very least the wagon attempted to start on me will be telling, and I prefer lressur......I develop reads based off OMGUS tbh.
Iressur = pressure

Stupid sexy Flanders
, er.....I mean stupid auto correct.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Hectic »

Love to see the recent bout of activity, might have to replace out if we can continue forward at this pace.

Dunnstral should not be getting a pass for his posts this game. His ISO rings massive alarm bells of non-committal scum, and he's barely giving out any reads. I'd like to see an earlier game of his where he's done this as town, if he or pops could provide that for me please.

Still scumread Correspondence and will leave my vote on for wagon purposes, eagerly awaiting their response to the suspicions on them.

I like gameplay, he feels like an old friend at this point. I like Aa's catchup, he looks like he's searching for the right things in the thread. Still think Ecafe is good; this feels like her usual town game. Pops is skill-full scum or town. RCEngima's pretty cool. The doc's a little shady, Correspondence and Dunnstral are quite shady.

Egdof:
Why do you still scumread pops? Who do you have in mind when you're thinking of aggressive players being more likely to be mafia? That didn't seem like the case at all in the past two games we played on this site. And neither for the last one we played off-site either. Any other reasons you're scumreading her?

Aa
What made you start thinking I was town? And I'm assuming you have no scumreads at the moment?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 153, Hectic wrote:I see his lurking as tactical, he intends to stay in the game and doesn't look like to be replacing out. Maya and and your slot lurked into replacement (or asked to be replaced) - that's not alignment indicative.
Do you believe in lynch all lurkers? Explain tactical lurking? Meta can be manipulated, but do you have any idea how I play?

Basically, where is the justification for scum Drew here? And, why just willy nilly switch to Correspondence, my wagon wasn't picking up enough steam?

Also, Correspondence, I swear to Christ I will tunnel you into oblivion if you don't start referring to me as Doctor. /s

Pre Edit: So far this is par for the course of all the games I have played with Dunn, NAI.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 149, Hectic wrote:Dunnstral came in yesterday after a spout of inactivity, asked a couple of short questions, unvoted, and then left the thread again. Scum pings of lurking and giving non-committal (or lack of) opinions.
^I was talking about Dunnstal's lurking there, not yours.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Hectic »

I dislike Correspondence a lot more than you right now, for reasons previously stated.

"my wagon wasn't picking up enough steam?" - Not a bad reason to switch because of this, is it? Wagons are good for pressuring and determining alignment.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 281, Hectic wrote:
In post 149, Hectic wrote:Dunnstral came in yesterday after a spout of inactivity, asked a couple of short questions, unvoted, and then left the thread again. Scum pings of lurking and giving non-committal (or lack of) opinions.
^I was talking about Dunnstal's lurking there, not yours.
Hmm, your iso made it seem like you were talking about me. Ok then, take out the questions about me the questions are still valid. Especially as I said this just seems like normal Dunn.

Pre Edit: Votes are good for pressure, but you are trying to lynch someone via voting. Seems a bit late in the day for voting for pressure.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Hectic »

Too tired right now to look through Dunnstral's previous games to find one where he acts like this as town, will have a look tomorrow. My main reason for switching off you is because I scumread both Correspondence and Dunnstral more than you right now.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Starry Night town!Dunnstral had a lot more townhunting and a similar total lack of scumhunting.
I don't want to link that game it gives me PTSD
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:48 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Ok so
2 days till deadline. We should start agreeing on a few wagons and do those. Hectic/Drew are my top priorities (sorry Hec, I might be an old friend but you making me distrust you :neutral:). If we are not doing them I might compromise depending on the player.
Also the day has been a little confunsing so let's try to keep banter at a minimum until deadline, walls too, keep it short and simple and just focus on a lynch for today.
Yea :nerd:
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:50 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Each one of us posting a lynch list would be nice too
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Hectic »

Correspondence/Dunnstral still my two preffered lynches. Would settle for Drew if not those two.

Though I haven't read up on this starry night game yet, so Dunnatral might get better/worse when I get round to it.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:39 am

Post by Hectic »

Why are you scumreading me btw, Gameplay? Is it because of scum!me trying to resemble town!me's meta with the "only scum with me" thing?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 287, gameplay506 wrote:Each one of us posting a lynch list would be nice too
Dr Drew
Dr Drew
Dr Drew
Dr Drew
Dr Drew
RCEnigma
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I dunno that Starry Night is going to make you feel better about Dunnstral

I'm trying to weigh Dunnstral's early jab against me against me not liking the remainder of the game

It's a bit weird that I've played with Dunnstral 3 times and haven't had to try to read him before now (except in rolecall maybe I should have)

Dunnstral do you scumread me right now?
"Well, I..."
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:26 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 279, Hectic wrote:
Egdof:
Why do you still scumread pops? Who do you have in mind when you're thinking of aggressive players being more likely to be mafia? That didn't seem like the case at all in the past two games we played on this site. And neither for the last one we played off-site either. Any other reasons you're scumreading her?
This is 100% not true. In our first off site game Jackoclypse was the most aggressive and mafia. In the second game Panda was the most aggressive and TP. At the moment it feels like Pops is quoting many of my posts, twisting it into the least charitable interpretation possible, and using it to scum read me. Exactly the same as Panda. I will admit my read on her softened a little bit when I read the game she linked with Dunnstral, but it’s very hard to give someone a town read when they’re against me for bad reasons.
I disagree with many of Pop’s reads, her biggest scum read Dr Drew for example. I haven’t played with him before though, so maybe his tone really is different.
Her suggestions of not talking about reads seems anti Town and a great way for scum to hide. Her suggestion of giving the crown to a scum read is a great way preemptively justify voting for a partner when votes are revealed.
In post 286, gameplay506 wrote: We should start agreeing on a few wagons and do those.
I could compromise with a Correspondence lynch.
VOTE: Correspondance
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

You're bad and you should feel bad
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

What does a Correspondence flip even tell anyone
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:18 am

Post by Hectic »

Oh, you have a point there, Egduf. I wasn't considering the Leader game with Jack, and I don't know how I managed to forget about Panda last game, probably because he was TP over mafia. Pops' aggression has been productive though. Panda was zoning in on you because he was a lyncher, so I think the two cases are very different.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:23 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 294, popsofctown wrote:What does a Correspondence flip even tell anyone
You get a real reason to scumread me if it flips town.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Hectic »

This is true, hoping they come online to defend themselves at some point. Dunnstral's would similarly yield little information annoyingly enough, but they're both acting a lot more scummy than anyone else for me.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 296, RCEnigma wrote:
You get a real reason to scumread me if it flips town.
town!RCEnigma doesn't say this

VOTE: RCEnigma
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

This hasn't been town!RCEnigma any this game

His first post is saying the first post and a half of the game puts me as hard town

First post and a half of the game I posted memes or something I don't remember

But this is the guy who mislynched me in StarCraft Mafia when I was obvtown and specifically spending multiple night actions trying to doc him
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”