Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Votecount 1.07

Correspondence (3) - RCEnigma, Hectic, Egduf
Hectic (3) - Doctor Drew, gameplay506, Dunnstral
Edguf (1) - Correspondence
RCEnigma - popsofctown

Not Voting (1) - Aa

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-08-26 00:15:00).

Correspondence has been prodded.
Last edited by Oversoul on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

And dunn is scum for effort reasons and for being a lurker/Drew is scum because he is a tactical lurker
Oh wow :?
What happened to the Hectic who actually asked questions last game, tried to pursue a few people, didn't tunnel on lurkers and people not asking/answering questions but instead attempted to provide some real reasons(like the Cyan post by post analysis). I'm sorry, I just don't see that here.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

I'm not sure you mentioned the thing about nobody coming to your defense until a few posts ago.
Anyway, will post more later, gonna sleep now. Don't want to go into tunnel mode.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Hectic »

I see what you mean, it's an odd situation where I townread all of the active posters this game. I blame my laziness on a holiday earlier in Day1, and being occupied since then. I'll make some time tomorrow to go ISO diving though. Also retiring for the night.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 18, Correspondence wrote:While I hesitate to apply the esteemed professor’s methods without his supervision, I suspect we should find an array of unsightly and irregular bumps upon Mr. Hectic’s scalp, should we deign to dirty our hands in such an endeavor. I shall keep my eye on the ruffian, and alert the constabulary when my theory is confirmed.
In post 72, Correspondence wrote:With regard to Mr. Hectic, I see what you mean. He is quite erratic and brash, typical of young men of his station. The way he bounds from subject to subject is alarming, and it worries me that he has no true conviction. I am eager to take surreptitious measurements of his cranium!
Their first read was on me, their reasoning being I was switching my vote too often, and didn't appear to have genuine conviction. This is fair enough for someone who hasn't played with me before.
In post 72, Correspondence wrote:Another subject in the village you should inspect is Mr. Dunnstral. While he is quite difficult to follow at times, it is my opinion that still waters run deep, and we should let him be for now. The wandering peddler Popsofctown is also engaging, and always good for conversation. They wear their heart on their sleeve, and it is a good one. Pops was willing to indulge my hobbyist’s measurements, and sure enough, they are as kindly and honest as they seem. This is in contrast to the town drunk, egduf, who has seen fit to offer only churlish insouciance thus far. I shall be keeping my eye on that one, and I suggest you do the same.
I actually like these reads here. I had a similar read on pops at the time, and I can understand the read on Efdgu, though I believe it's more her playstyle than scum-indicative behaviour this game. Someone correct me if I'm misinterpreting their read on Dunnstral, but are they saying he doesn't post often but it's not scum-indicative behaviour but rather his playstyle, so not a reason to scumread him?

Nothing scummy so far tbh. I'll split this up into multiple posts for sanity reasons.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:11 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 74, Egduf wrote:Correspondence is going to be incredibly hard to read if they only interact with each other, the only thing I’ve really seen in their letters so far is that they don’t trust Hectic, but it’s just his play style to jump between things.
I’m going to be busy for the next three days, I will still be able to check the forum and post but I won’t be as active as normal.
Correspondence responds to the post above with the following:
In post 79, Correspondence wrote:Dearest Phillippa,

Just a brief note to you today, as I am in such distress. My goodness gracious! I took the liberty of hurrying down to the market to evaluate the drunk you mentioned, one Egduf. Surely, she reeked of sin as she accosted me even before I had a chance to measure betwixt her eyes. Such a fierce and craven denunciation I have never heard, and I confess to you I fainted straightaway from the fume of cheap gin upon her breath.

Fortunately, the gallant Miss Pops you wrote to me of rescued me, and together we reported the fiend to the constabulary. Surely as fine and upstanding a gentlewoman has never been, (aside from you, of course.) The officer assured me that our village has little regard for such wanton behavior, but he requires the testimony of at least five citizens in good standing to make an arrest. I shall see it done or be damned!

Battered but unbroken,
Henrietta

Post Script -

VOTE: Egduf
Edguf's post was hardly a "denunciation". The reaction from Correspondence here is a little out of proportion, though the second part of their post does make it seem like they're agreeing with pops' reasoning here:
In post 78, popsofctown wrote:Post 74 reeks. Very disingenuous reaction to a self-imposed post restriction. No actual town frustration with having an "unreadable" slot, or policy Lynch stance, or constructive words of any kind, just "don't lynch me when I refuse to play 12.5% of my mafia this game, thanks in advance".
I just find the way Correspondence describes it weird, as if it's Edguf attacking them rather than they manner of the comment that they're opposed to.
In post 92, Correspondence wrote:Dear Henrietta,

Honestly, my dear, these villagers are in desperate need of sophistication. Why, just yesterday I tried to place an order for a new hat from the finest haberdashery in London, and the poor telegraph operator simply stared at me blankly. Perhaps I should speak slower, or use smaller words so these bumpkins understand.

I also suspect they do not appreciate all the work we have been doing in ascertaining the criminality of Mr. Hectic and Miss Egduf, nor the moral rectitude of Miss Pops and Mr Dunnstral. These efforts are certainly more vigorous than any put forth by our detractors, wouldn’t you say? If they cannot understand my reasoning, then I contend they are not listening carefully.

Ever yours,
Phillippa
Hasn't explained their scumread on me once since the initial "no conviction" thing. This post isn't great, no explanation for their townread on Dunnstral either. His behaviour being non-alignment indicative doesn't make it town-indicative either.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:18 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 155, Correspondence wrote:Dear Phillippa,

I must apologize for the length of time since my last letter. I am afraid I took ill, with a fever climbing beyond 39 degrees Centigrade! Fear not for me, my friend, as the fever has broken, and my physician assures me all will be well soon enough.

Much has happened while I lay ill. First, I have included a letter written to me by Miss Pops. Just as she rescued me from the perfidy of Miss Egduf, so too has she consented to join us in our phrenological research. Hooray! She has some interesting theories with regards to Mister Drew, which I heartily support given his suspicious activity observed after receiving her letter. Surely, his intentions do not match his words.

I begin to suspect we were wrong with regard to Mr. Hectic. While he is certainly erratic and strange, the rush to condemnation seems overly hasty. I suspect that if he were part of some nefarious enterprise, his partner would rather protect him, and conversely the real criminals would be all too eager to use him as a scapegoat. Therefore, I believe he is guilty of little more than being a young man, prone to the eccentricities of callow youths and little more.

My greatest concern continues to be Miss Egduf. While I consider her most likely in league with Mister Drew, she continues to be suspicious of her own accord.

Fondest regards,
Henrietta
This is their latest post, the flip on me as I've explained is bad. They provide no further reasoning on why they scumread Efdug, despite me asking them several times to expand on it before this post I believe. No idea about the Drew read, need to go back and ISO him after this.

Since then, they've gone radio-silent after suspicion was mounting on them. That's scum-indicative more often than not. They're not actually as scummy as I had in my head though, I'll have a look at Dunnstral later today.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 295, Hectic wrote:Oh, you have a point there, Egduf. I wasn't considering the Leader game with Jack, and I don't know how I managed to forget about Panda last game, probably because he was TP over mafia. Pops' aggression has been productive though. Panda was zoning in on you because he was a lyncher, so I think the two cases are very different.
While I find it hard to believe you forgot about both cases, I don't see why you would admit it like this as mafia so I guess it was a genuine mistake. You also have a point about Pops being more productive.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 357, Egduf wrote:
In post 295, Hectic wrote:Oh, you have a point there, Egduf. I wasn't considering the Leader game with Jack, and I don't know how I managed to forget about Panda last game, probably because he was TP over mafia. Pops' aggression has been productive though. Panda was zoning in on you because he was a lyncher, so I think the two cases are very different.
While I find it hard to believe you forgot about both cases, I don't see why you would admit it like this as mafia so I guess it was a genuine mistake. You also have a point about Pops being more productive.
So who do you want to lynch today? Is Correspondence still your preferred lynch?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Hectic »

Did I say later today? I meant later tomorrow of course. What's up with the lack of activity earlier today though?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 359, Hectic wrote:Did I say later today? I meant later tomorrow of course. What's up with the lack of activity earlier today though?
I am part of the problem.

I will say I would compromise on a correspondence lynch, Hectic promoting activity in the game generally pings me as town motivated.

Not going to put them at L-1 yet though, hoping thay show back up to the game.
UNVOTE:
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Dear Chief Constable Oversoul,

Salutations, and our compliments to you on your efficacious maintenance of order in our fine town. We know you to be a very busy man with many obligations professional, social, and personal, and shan't waste your time overlong. For some time now, we have been amusing ourselves, as ladies of society do, with our hobbies. I am afraid our hobby, the science of phrenology, has turned quite serious indeed, as we have uncovered what we believe to be a dastardly criminal conspiracy beneath our very noses! Certainly it would do the constabulary little good to be pestered with uncertainty and haste, so we waited until a degree of surety was to be had in our research. Please find below a dossier of persons we find to be of interest in uncovering this conspiracy. We have arranged the suspects in order of their street address, that you might easily confirm our findings.

Mistress Pops - A fine and upstanding gentlewoman, Miss Pops has lent aid to our quest from time to time, and may be seen at all hours questioning witnesses and pursuing suspected ne'er-do-wells. We should encourage her to become a policewoman herself, were such a thing not preposterous in this day and age. In particular, her pursuit of known mischief-makers and reporting of their misdeeds is heartening, and we commend her to you for it. Finally, we wish to convey that Miss Pops possesses a keen mind, and is apt to seek the motives behind a suspect's actions, rather than assessing them at face value.

Mr. Dunnstral - Another example of the good breeding found in the countryside, Mr. Dunnstral is descended from the gentry of old, and we can find no fault within him at this time. While we bear him good will for now, we reserve judgment on him, as these old souls are often tough nuts to crack, and more may be known on the morrow than at present.

Mr. Hectic - This young man is a curious fellow, given to fits and starts and flights of wild fancy. It is well that his family name is Hectic, for it suits him well. We fear we misjudged the lad at the outset of our endeavors, mistaking his exuberance and stridor for wanton vice when in fact it is mere personality. Since then, we have observed on several occasions his desire to pursue the wicked among us and root out the true villains, and for that we wish him well. In your questioning of young Mr. Hectic, if you would kindly convey our apologies for our mistreatment of him, we would be much obliged.

Miss Egduf - At last, a true malefactor. Miss Egduf has been a canker on our village almost from the first. We have noted on several occasions her tendency to respond to reasonable questioning with exaggerated panic, clearly hiding something. It was when we first became suspicious of her that, instead of responding appropriately, she moved to quash and dismiss in a wholly unwarranted manner. Since then, she has had a most unwholesome obsession with discrediting our research and methodologies, and when viewing her actions in isolation from the hustle and bustle of village life, one notices that she contributes absolutely nothing to our community that is of any substance, value, or (most damning) originality. Her conduct thus far has clearly been that of a criminal, manipulating and taking from the good people and giving nothing in return.

Master Aa - The owner of the Inn, having recently taken over its management from his departed cousin maya, is an anomaly. We have yet to draw firm conclusions on the innkeeper, as all of our interactions with him have been terse and passing. The best we may say about him is that Master Aa seems engaging and interested, with no suggestion of impropriety. Thus, we pass his further interrogation on to you, good sir.

Major Gameplay - We were uncertain about the major at first, dear constable, but in recent days he has become a beacon of order in our little town. Major Gameplay seems to be putting his training to good work as he quickly deduces facts, asks the right questions, and follows leads. I daresay, should you wish to draft any of the village residents as deputy constables, you could do worse than the major.

Mr. RC - This gentleman's motivations are difficult to follow. It at times appears that he does not take the obligations of citizenship seriously, and at other times as if he lives within the system for his own gain. He is, at best, a crass and rude fellow, but a more nefarious interpretation comes to mind - Mr. RC behaves as a predator, isolating the most likely victim, separating it from the herd with animal charisma, and preparing to pounce. Such was the case with Mr. Hectic, but the lad proved too wily and oblivious to the snare. Instead now he stalks our own selves, perhaps to eliminate a threat before it may overturn his plans. Madame Phillippa suggests this fellow as Miss Egduf's more likely partner.

Mister Drew - The snake-oil salesman is another charismatic, yet suspicious character. His intentions and motives are opaque, and he reveals very little about himself, evading more often than not. We suspect that he has no honest intent, and is instead seizing opportunity as it presents itself. Madame Henrietta is convinced that this dubious scoundrel is Miss Egduf's partner in crime.

There you have it, Chief Constable. We hope this dossier helps you get to the bottom of the conspiracy in town. If you will take the advice of two gentlewomen, however, you should pursue Miss Egduf post-haste. Failing that, discerning the guilt or innocence of Messrs. RC and Drew should prove most enlightening.

Yours most cordially,
Madame Henrietta and Madame Phillippa
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Dear Phillippa,

In the interests of time, I yield to the wise counsel of Miss Pops and yourself that Mr. RC would be the most agreeable suspect to recommend to the constabulary. His conduct is indeed most predatory.

Fondest,
Henrietta

Post Script

VOTE: RCEnigma
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I scumread RCEnigma much harder than egduF at this point if I still scumread her at all.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 361, Correspondence wrote:Master Aa - The owner of the Inn, having recently taken over its management from his departed cousin maya, is an anomaly. We have yet to draw firm conclusions on the innkeeper, as all of our interactions with him have been terse and passing. The best we may say about him is that Master Aa seems engaging and interested, with no suggestion of impropriety. Thus, we pass his further interrogation on to you, good sir.
But this is your first post since they've replaced in, so what interactions?

Or are you just saying random mafia sounding words for your gimmick or what? Because it's not just confusing anymore, it's misleading
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"interactions" might be in-character like dropping by the inn to buy a cup of tea or something
would agree that confusion arises from the gimmick
the Correspondence gimmick definitely hurts town win % but I don't see the scumread in the slot
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I think I like the gimmick.

Anyways. I am of two minds right now, the game stagnating near deadline made me want to say scum is content with either of these lynch options. But correspondence recent posts and vote on me makes me want to double down on the correspondence + Drew train.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

366 is not good enough

Aa put RCE in his list of compromise lynches

I think RCE has very good equity for scumflip

let's lynch scum and not PL the gimmick account

if the gimmick account is obviously scum on d3 or whatever i am happy to lynch it but it hasn't been objectively scummy people are just lhfing it let's do some effort scumreads like rcenigma
"Well, I..."
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

What effort? You're literally calling me scum because we disagree on 1 read and then calling it poor progression.

Drew flips reads on both you and hectic with no interaction and that's fine.
Correspondence flips reads on hectic with no interaction and that's fine.

I flip my read on Hectic after interacting with him and having my concerns addressed but it's my progression that's fake? Weird how that works.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Drew is scummier than you but you seem easier to consensus lynch right now?

idk why

it's weird

:(

this has been drunkpops
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by Hectic »

I like Correspondence's last post. Dunnstral has improved as the game has went on (if slightly), and no one seems to agree with me on him anyway. So for now:

UNVOTE: Correspondence
VOTE: Doctor Drew

I'll be back in the evening.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:40 am

Post by gameplay506 »

12 hours till deadline and corresp is still the main wagon lol
VOTE: Drew
If it's between drew, rce and corresp I will do drew>rce>corresp
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:46 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Nah you know what
VOTE: RCE
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:49 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Reasons: I trust corresp and pops more than I do Hectic; rce's iso isn't something remarkably town; easier to compromise
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:12 am

Post by Correspondence »

Dear Henrietta,

I do so appreciate your willingness to compromise. I shall bake those scones you like on your next visit, the ones with orange zest and clotted cream.

Chief Constable Oversoul has written back to me - he is entirely willing to arrest the enigmatic scoundrel Mr. RC, but requires two more affidavits from upstanding citizens to prosecute. Know you any friends or gentlefolk willing to stand up for what is right before the statute of limitations expires?

Always,
Phillippa

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”