Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 10, PenguinPower wrote:I'm going to need you to take a trip down to the station with me to discuss this further.
Town
In post 14, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Hello.

I'd like to get this out of the way so I don't wind up litigating it for 8 pages. I am Cephrir. The purpose of this account is for me to play differently, so if you think I'm playing differently, that may be the reason, and if I'm not, it's because maintaining this persona is taxing and I'm not very good at it. Hopefully, we can move on and not ask me a thousand questions about this.

VOTE: Marquis for being scum.
Town

While respecting the desire to experiment, hi Cephrir!
In post 16, Marquis wrote:I think voting me is dumb
Scum
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Pine »

VOTE: Marquis

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by Pine »

In a nutshell

PE: Hi!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 73, Chandra Nalaar wrote:finally someone who gets it

[[help, it is very hard not to recede into my natural role of sassy quipster]]
Using a different personality or style is like playing scum. The real you is scum, the desired style is Town. Blend in.

Get gud

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #393 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:53 am

Post by Pine »

I’m back on page 5, but I skimmed 15 and 16 because of Pops’ righteous annoyance at massclaim

I’ll dial in on Fishmonger tonight. This would be the third three-man Neighborhood I’ve been in within three months where the scum in it was nailed D1, but I need to read and can’t yet. 1-3 hours, depends on how the baby goes down

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #506 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 393, Pine wrote:I’m back on page 5, but I skimmed 15 and 16 because of Pops’ righteous annoyance at massclaim

I’ll dial in on Fishmonger tonight. This would be the third three-man Neighborhood I’ve been in within three months where the scum in it was nailed D1, but I need to read and can’t yet. 1-3 hours, depends on how the baby goes down
This is going to have to wait for the morning. I am bone-tired, and not up for a catchup tonight.

On the plus side, summer camp is officially over now. I've got a couple of days I need to go in to work for orientation or training, but otherwise I've got about a week and a half until the high school kids get back to it. I'll be around tomorrow.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #783 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:06 am

Post by Pine »

Proddodge. Plenty of time to catch up today. Sorry, yesterday was too relaxing to slog through 25+ pages. Recharged today, likely to spend a lot of time in waiting rooms

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #809 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:35 am

Post by Pine »

In post 803, Fish Monger wrote:
In post 798, kuribo wrote:
In post 792, Day One Wagon wrote:Kuribo, did your neighbours knew about your role? I'm wondering, if mafia knew your role and that's why we got so many miller claims

They know that we all have the ninja modifier (it's stated in the mod's opening post)but the neighborhood doesn't allow posting in it during the day

My role PM also states that if I post more than once in the The Batcave in a night, my night action will fail, but this is not in the mod's OP either. Which barely affects me anyway, Pine's doing his lurk thing and Fishmonger is scum so i don't have a whole hell of a lot to say to either of them.

I AM assuming at least one of them must be scum because if there's a town tracker, a ninja modifier is a nice thing to have.
interesting

i too have a post restriction
Same.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #812 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Pine »

In post 811, popsofctown wrote:my role pm depicts what Krazy would call "a furry" am I supposed to roleplay
Plz no yiff thx

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1010 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Pine »

You know, putting on almost 10 pages overnight is not making a catchup easier or more enticing

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1036 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1034, popsofctown wrote:
Spoiler: Caffeine tier list
Messed up by the setup so don't use: Tracker, Watcher, all other motion detection, rolecop, vanilla cop

The risk reward on motion based investigation is too poor until we have a redflip from the ninja neighborhood if we ever do.
Rolecop is hard to adapt into an actual alignment indication in a large theme anyway but it's even harder when the balance spec is contingent on how many scum get to be in kewl neighborhoods instead of unkewl neighborhoods. It's similarly possible someone turns out to be vanilla and it's because 2 goons get to control are particularly useful neighborhood so it's not as much of a clear as it'd usually be.

Too hard to aim for benefit so don't use: Doctor, Bodyguard, Commuter, Enhancer/Motivator, Vanillerizer, activated 1-shot BP, asceticizer, bus driver

These roles have 1/17 chances or maybe 3/17 chances of being targeted in such a way that they are protown, taking into account possible negative consequences of misses. They can to some extent be revisited and considered lategame if the caffeine count is healthy but should still be holstered even if they are unlimited shots because they would definitely also be the roles to holster in the low caffeine count endgame. There is no way to improve the caffeine count by using a protective ability for the first time, even if you target an unaddicted player with it.

Sane cop or Close Enough: Gunsmith, Masonizer, Sane cop, Psychologist, kuribo, Hider or any other weak role provided you've properly crumbed

I would use all of these for their sheer power even with X=1. The only exception would be holstering the weak roles with X=1 or X=2, but I would recommend spamming the weak roles if they are ungated. The death drawback of the weak role always strikes an addicted player, the weak player themselves, but if it catches scum it helps the decaffeinated players win.

Vigs: Vigilante, Town poisoner?, Loverizer
I would use all of these as long as they are at least X=2, holster them all at X=1. While they may seem hard to aim for benefit similar to the protective, there's always at least 4/17 good places to hit and it's actually more like 10/17 when you also consider possibly hitting a player that would have been mislynched. These roles accelerate the pace of the game itself, and thus decrease the length of time the decaffeinated players need to survive.

Self clears: Activated IC, friendly neighbor,
Fruit Vendor no not really don't you goddamn dare

It is better to claim these at L-1 and use them the following night. Don't tell yourself you need multiple nights to land that friendly neighbor shot on surviving town, mafia's a game of percentages to begin with, just live with it.
After the LyLo-1 lynch, assess whether the caffeine count is healthy enough that firing this can improve our odds in LyLo.

Roleblockers: Roleblocker, Jailkeeper

If ungated, these are so busted at playercounts closer to LyLo you should start using them now, treating their eventual use as a foregone conclusion where the doctors don't.
As X-shots, since they are more powerful later you should holster them until later when it is easier to hit the scum designated to perform the kill for the 2 for 1 value, and you also have the additional information about caffeine status, which really tips the scales. An endgame scenario also makes it easier for us to not get concerned about you having a role that is often given to scum. Don't fire night 1 unless you literally or figuratively ungated, like X=4.
This is Town

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1037 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1036, Pine wrote:
In post 1034, popsofctown wrote:
Spoiler: Caffeine tier list
Messed up by the setup so don't use: Tracker, Watcher, all other motion detection, rolecop, vanilla cop

The risk reward on motion based investigation is too poor until we have a redflip from the ninja neighborhood if we ever do.
Rolecop is hard to adapt into an actual alignment indication in a large theme anyway but it's even harder when the balance spec is contingent on how many scum get to be in kewl neighborhoods instead of unkewl neighborhoods. It's similarly possible someone turns out to be vanilla and it's because 2 goons get to control are particularly useful neighborhood so it's not as much of a clear as it'd usually be.

Too hard to aim for benefit so don't use: Doctor, Bodyguard, Commuter, Enhancer/Motivator, Vanillerizer, activated 1-shot BP, asceticizer, bus driver

These roles have 1/17 chances or maybe 3/17 chances of being targeted in such a way that they are protown, taking into account possible negative consequences of misses. They can to some extent be revisited and considered lategame if the caffeine count is healthy but should still be holstered even if they are unlimited shots because they would definitely also be the roles to holster in the low caffeine count endgame. There is no way to improve the caffeine count by using a protective ability for the first time, even if you target an unaddicted player with it.

Sane cop or Close Enough: Gunsmith, Masonizer, Sane cop, Psychologist, kuribo, Hider or any other weak role provided you've properly crumbed

I would use all of these for their sheer power even with X=1. The only exception would be holstering the weak roles with X=1 or X=2, but I would recommend spamming the weak roles if they are ungated. The death drawback of the weak role always strikes an addicted player, the weak player themselves, but if it catches scum it helps the decaffeinated players win.

Vigs: Vigilante, Town poisoner?, Loverizer
I would use all of these as long as they are at least X=2, holster them all at X=1. While they may seem hard to aim for benefit similar to the protective, there's always at least 4/17 good places to hit and it's actually more like 10/17 when you also consider possibly hitting a player that would have been mislynched. These roles accelerate the pace of the game itself, and thus decrease the length of time the decaffeinated players need to survive.

Self clears: Activated IC, friendly neighbor,
Fruit Vendor no not really don't you goddamn dare

It is better to claim these at L-1 and use them the following night. Don't tell yourself you need multiple nights to land that friendly neighbor shot on surviving town, mafia's a game of percentages to begin with, just live with it.
After the LyLo-1 lynch, assess whether the caffeine count is healthy enough that firing this can improve our odds in LyLo.

Roleblockers: Roleblocker, Jailkeeper

If ungated, these are so busted at playercounts closer to LyLo you should start using them now, treating their eventual use as a foregone conclusion where the doctors don't.
As X-shots, since they are more powerful later you should holster them until later when it is easier to hit the scum designated to perform the kill for the 2 for 1 value, and you also have the additional information about caffeine status, which really tips the scales. An endgame scenario also makes it easier for us to not get concerned about you having a role that is often given to scum. Don't fire night 1 unless you literally or figuratively ungated, like X=4.
This is Town
*If entirely original. If merely the summation of groupthink that I missed, it’s NAI

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1763 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Pine »

Oh hey

26 more pages

Definitely not catching up until you people take a chill pill (or probably until D2)

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1764 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Pine »

@Penguin - Who should I vote for and why?

I'll take my answer off the air.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1771 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1768, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 1303, Bingle wrote:Why the fuck would we lynch in a 2 vig 1v1? One of them is lying, and the other one shoots them tonight. 90% it's PP lying, but if it isn't does it really matter?
That's not how I see it.

What I see is FL is 100% TOWN here (and NOT lying about his role.. this has to do with how survivalistic FL is as scum).

PP is very likely caught scum, but not 100%. There's a slight chance of mod-fuckery here still.

But I do believe in lynching PP anyway now because I support gun control. :P (Yes, I do. ONLY JUDGES should have access to any kind of lethal weapon). :wink:
Wait, clarify?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1970 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:15 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1774, Bingle wrote:
In post 1771, Pine wrote:Wait, clarify?
pops mechanics trapped Perry into saying the miller part of their role PM was in the neighborhood bit.

pops and FL both clarified it was both in the neighborhood bit and the abilities bit.

Perry claimed vig.

FL counterclaimed vig.

Perry is almost certainly scum based on the whole given direct instructions to look at his Role PM he didn't describe a miller role PM.

Perry has since acknowledged that the miller bit comes up in both places, meaning JJD is just high when he attributes this to mod fuckery because townPerry wouldn't change his story unless he derpread in the first place.

Given that Perry claimed a confirmable role, I want to give him a night phase to, you know, confirm his role. As you do.
Got it
In post 1958, Flavor Leaf wrote:Pelican staying they’re gonna kill me at night is literally just the scum play to make.

And then he can claim my death, and say scum targeted whoever I’d target if I don’t target Pelican, which I don’t want to, that’s a waste.

He’s already caught scum. Lynch him.

If they have a doctor, it’s just going to be on him too. Or a JK.
Boon's right. It's not self-resolving, there are lots of ways to stop a known vig.

VOTE: Perry Pelican

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1971 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1969, Croag wrote:Lmaoooooo someone please explain the scum read on me right now

U bantering
Umm, for starters, this was a scummy post. Dunno about anything else.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1976 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Pine »

I've decided not to bother reading this whole damn thread. Activating replacement protocols.

If there's anything I need to confirm for anyone, or if there's anything I should know, tell me from here and I'll read it.

PE: @Croag Yeah, it kind of was. Most people whining "but what's your case" have something to hide. As far as I can tell, you're not in danger of being a D1 lynch, so why do you give a shit? Go be Town and it'll work itself out. Active defense is always scummy.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1980 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1979, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1976, Pine wrote:I've decided not to bother reading this whole damn thread. Activating replacement protocols.

If there's anything I need to confirm for anyone, or if there's anything I should know, tell me from here and I'll read it.

PE: @Croag Yeah, it kind of was. Most people whining "but what's your case" have something to hide. As far as I can tell, you're not in danger of being a D1 lynch, so why do you give a shit? Go be Town and it'll work itself out. Active defense is always scummy.
It’s just a bunch of la di da of people trying to subtly move off of Pelican, even though he’s slipped up
Anyone you want to name and shame? I'm not above looking at specific sections of an 80-page game, I just don't want to spend a day digesting all of this dreck

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1992 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1990, Bingle wrote:Leaf, what do you think about 1986?
A very good year. The future God-Emperor of all trees sprouted that year.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2036 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2032, FakeGod wrote:
kuribo, who was
Larry Chiropeter
Laboratory Technician
, and aligned with
Town
, has been
killed
in
Night 1

Fish Monger, who was
Althoff Chiropeter
Teenage Troublemaker
, and aligned with
Mafia
, has been
killed
in
Night 1
FUCK KURIBO HOW AM I MEANT TO AVENGE YOU NOW

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2037 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by Pine »

Okay, so this makes three Neighborhoods in three months where we figured out who the scum was D1 or N1 and immediately wrecked them. I’ll take my Emmy now, please.

I am Carrie Ray Chiropeter, Sickly Teenager. All three of us were anthro bats with the Ninja modifier. I holstered last night, but kuribo and I were able to figure out that Fish Monger was the rotten egg. He had a parity cop ability he was going to use to be sure, and told Fish Monger so, baiting the kill and swearing me to avenge him.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2038 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by Pine »

I wish I hadn’t holstered, there’s no way I survive long enough for a caffeine addiction to matter

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2041 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2039, Flavor Leaf wrote:I don’t think we should say who’s addicted to caffeine, should we?
No

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2053 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2046, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 2037, Pine wrote:All three of us were anthro bats
If that's meant to be a role claim, it's flying way over my head.

In other news I have lots to say about our neighborhood, but let me catch up first.
It’s a flavor claim. All three of us were anthropomorphic bats. Flavor is irrelevant to role, but it explains our connection.

I am the sole surviving resident of the Bat Cave neighborhood.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2066 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2053, Pine wrote:
In post 2046, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 2037, Pine wrote:All three of us were anthro bats
If that's meant to be a role claim, it's flying way over my head.

In other news I have lots to say about our neighborhood, but let me catch up first.
It’s a flavor claim. All three of us were anthropomorphic bats. Flavor is irrelevant to role, but it explains our connection.

I am the sole surviving resident of the Bat Cave neighborhood.
For anyone who cares, bats comprise Order Chiroptera, hence the surname all three of our roles shared. Chiroptera is the second-largest order of mammals (after Rodentia), with ~1200 species, and represents about 20% of all mammals currently described.

I learned something, thought you might like to know

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2068 (isolation #26) » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2067, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 2054, Flavor Leaf wrote:Had he been alive, I’d have had to shoot him as well, meaning we’d have lost both Pelican and myself,
which is likely what scum were trying to have happen in the first place
, but I wouldn’t let people move off of Pelican.
THAT is my point. Bingle IS scum.
Hold up there, super chief, I’m not liking the absolutes you’re throwing around

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2693 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Pine »

Sorry it is just really hard to keep up with this game when reading it makes me want to bash my head against a wall

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2694 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 am

Post by Pine »

Seriously considering just posting a summary of kuribo’s wall in our PT and following it slavishly until things simmer down

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2772 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Pine »

In post 2743, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 2738, Day One Wagon wrote:It doesn't matter, if Pine is addicted or not. Point is, if Chandra thinks Pine is town, why not say that?
i don't think pine is town

i was pointing out an obvious flaw in your logic
Are you...are you fucking kidding me?

Kuribo and I nailed the flipped scum in our 3-man Hood. Pull your head out of your ass

For the record (again), I holstered last night but have no reason to do so anymore. Using my ability is straightforwardly beneficial at this stage

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2773 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Pine »

I should be a goddamned IC to you fuckers right now

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2776 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Pine »

In post 2774, popsofctown wrote:Pine please don't call me a fucker
I wasn’t, as you aren’t acting like one. In fact, I quickly ISO’d you to make sure of that fact, and ran across this:
In post 2554, popsofctown wrote:
@Pine:

Fullclaim in your neighborhood tonight, including any whatever details you might omit in the dayplay because you think it's scumsided to present them while you're alive.
When all players in a neighborhood are dead, the neighborhood becomes public, so this lets us counteract the role-janitor element of this setup.
This is a really outstanding suggestion, and I didn’t think of it. It will definitely be done.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2777 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Pine »

@Chandra you have evidence that I was in a 3-man Hood with Fish Monger and kuribo, all of us with Ninja modifiers, which we mutually confirmed D1.

You then have a scumflip and a Townflip from that three-person set

Are you actually suggesting a 2:1 scum:Town neighborhood, and further that two Mafia members were Ninjas?

Stop acting like a fucker

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2779 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Pine »

Good for you. You’re stubborn enough to stick to your guns, but experienced enough to know better. I respect that, even if it’s making act like a horse’s ass right now.

Okay, this game has my attention.

Chandra. You’re old enough to remember when a lurker lynch was considered a solidly Towny thing, right? Fucking wrong. Since the rise of daytalk as a ubiquitous feature, lurker lynches have fallen from +EV to probably scum motivated. Scum have too many tools to support a struggling member for it to be useful. We have to unlearn the habit.

That brings me to this example - I should be mechanically soft-cleared, but because I have been bored and disinterested, I’m seen as vulnerable - an opportunity. Opportunism is a core scum tactic.

In your case, your pigheadedness is probably Town. Some of the others, though? Taking a pot shot. Marquis, for example, knows that he was my only real scumread D1.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2780 (isolation #34) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Pine »

Right then.

I’m engaging.

Someone explain to me the claims that have been put out, particularly the “unkillable hood” and the Doctor situation mentioned a page or so ago.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2784 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Pine »

In post 393, Pine wrote:I’m back on page 5, but I skimmed 15 and 16 because of Pops’ righteous annoyance at massclaim

I was on Fish Monger D1 too, Vecna. I wasn’t certain of it until we discussed it in more detail in the PT.

Regardless, I’m not looking for “credit,” kuribo did the heavy lifting. I mostly said “yeah that makes sense I’ll back you.” My position is that a 2:1 Ninja neighborhood is fucking insane, and you’re smart enough to know it.

Now. You people are saying I’m suspicious for not engaging or doing much of anything? Fine. You’ve got me pissed, and I’m righteously active now.

Answer my questions so I can get up to speed on claims.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2793 (isolation #36) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Pine »

Well, JJD, kuribo hard scumread you, so I don’t see why I shouldn’t trust him until I decide for myself.

Why do you give a shit? It seems unlikely to happen with you aggressively intimidating everyone away from voting for you.

I didn’t know about the Reflexive Roleblockers, actually, but now I know who to ISO and search for details.

I don’t see you listed. PE: Got it, JJD=A50. Useful meta.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2796 (isolation #37) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Pine »

In post 2791, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2786, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Also, worth noting - Fish flipped Ninja Watcher.
Uh, yeah, wtf?

If there's no explanation for this you're the lynch today.
Yeah, this is 100% not publicly known. He didn’t mention it in the Neighborhood, either, and I didn’t mention that I was a Tracker for symmetry until this post.

That’s a grade A scumslip.

VOTE: Chandra

Pity, too. I was mostly convinced that Chandra was innocent.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2803 (isolation #38) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:25 am

Post by Pine »

In post 2794, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2792, ofrhz wrote:Chews on popcorn
orfhz if you're not going to do alignment indicative things please at a minimum go to the effort of getting that gif where Michael Jackson is eating popcorn.
I usually use either Colbert or Stewart. Colbert has that self-satisfied amusement, Stewart’s looks panicked/can’t look away from the trainwreck.

And neither of them molested children!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2804 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Pine »

Inb4 Chandra claims rolecop or something.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2855 (isolation #40) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Pine »

Disagree sharply

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2859 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2856, popsofctown wrote:Pine did you like my picture my heart trembles for your approval
I'll forward it to the Library of Congress and the Musee d'Orsay. Is the Louvre accepting applications?
In post 2858, Bingle wrote:
In post 2855, Pine wrote:Disagree sharply
Wherefore?

Since you prolly gonna get chopped up into itty bitty chips and used to keep a cabin warm tonight, your reasoning could be handy. Also I think we’re pretty close to self hammer territory, so maybe hold off on the votes for 24 hours.
Because Pops is rather obviously Town. Example? There's zero scum benefit to the post she made urging me to tell my deepest secrets to my PT tonight. I'd have forgotten that it's publicly released on my death, then written nothing of importance in it. Now I'll use it as my last will and testament. There's just no reason for scum!Pops to do that, even for the thin chance of Towncredit. It's not worth the tradeoff.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2867 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2862, PenguinPower wrote:UNVOTE:
Coward

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2879 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2875, Kagami wrote:And I'm also confirming Penguin's statement with regard to the fact that Jenna Otter is a good-for-nothing trollop. I'm glad he agrees so we can put that behind us.
In post 2876, PenguinPower wrote:I'm a fascinating penguin

Too bad Jenna is a hussy and isn't good enough for me

p-edit

Glad we agree.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2880 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2878, Kagami wrote:If ceph is paranoid, I'm not sure how scum recovers from this.
Chandra may also have just been lying

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2966 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Pine »

In post 2955, Kagami wrote:I have a pet theory that the bats die of being targeted, and that I might have killed Fish.

Seems farfetched, but I do agree with the notion that the caffeine doesn't add up.
Not according to my role PM

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4460 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 4430, gobbledygook wrote:The amount of bad fakeclaiming on this site has to stop.
This.

I've exorcised my saltiness in the dead thread, and am man enough to extend a hand to JBingle in congratulations. The Town stumbled all over one another, but BJingle played that chaos like a fiddle. Well done!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”