Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Glork wrote:Finally, Incog, now that we know I'm protown and that the Bouncer is also protown, I'd like you to comment on this:
Glork wrote:One last thought: You seem to "have a hard time believing" a lot of things, Incog -- my belief that everyone was a dancer, the idea of there being two "protective" roles, that I could be prone to making a mistake in all of my hundreds of mafia games played. Yet, for the rant you just went on about me "making a big mistake," your extreme narrow-mindedness will prove to be an even larger detriment to this town if indeed you are protown. I want you to stop and think about that later on, once I'm dead. Because as soon as I die, ALL THREE of these things that you find so very "hard to believe" will have turned out to be true. And you'll be the one stuck scratching your head wondering how YOU could have been so off-base yourself.
Well, it appears I was wrong. I have the balls to admit that. You can consider me narrow-minded into saying that all of these were things were hard to believe, but I'm only using the information that I've gathered from the thread to formulate conclusions. I didn't have the added benefit of knowing your role PM to determine that you were telling the truth, and therefore certainly couldn't entirely see things from your perspective. Naturally all of these things would appear logical to you since you have that added information from your role PM that I simply don't have.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay. PokerFace.

He pinged throughout D1 for general "meh" play. He commits the "nothing's really pinging" in his first real contentful post (106).

158 is, of course, interesting. Most relevant observations:
-These are all meta-reads. While they can provide insight, it bothers me nonetheless that Poker hardly looks at what people say/do in
THIS
game.
-He notes Mizzy's posting frequency as town in Newbie 520. I note Mizzy's complete lack of posts in a game that -- given the playerlist -- I would expect her to be very much looking forward to playing.
-Hmm. He actually looks at Ether's wiki for past games and asks both Cow and Ether for links to old games. This is actually a fairly significant point in Poker's favor.
-Veiled defense of Tarh by attacking Scot's case against Tarh
-Definitely pumps Tarh as protown, calling him consistent with an earlier protown game

I actually like his questioning of Erg0 in 199.

I still feel that he made bad noise against Elmo at the end of D1.

359 is more defense of Tarh (the wagon on him is BS though I wish he'd defended himself) -- this is the first post that began my slow shift towards thinking PF is scum

461 has a couple of things: He promotes Tarh's "breadcrumbing," but does notice a contradiction in Tarh's posted analysis, but makes it clear that he's sticking with pro-Tarh by stating he'll vote Tarh tomorrow if I'm town. But then he's back to "feeling better about" Glork.

Lots of flip-flopping, so Glork asks what he's thinking. His response, 472, puts him solidly in the "Lynch Glork" camp, though he refrains from pulling the trigger just yet.

Suddenly PokerFace starts to "see the light" so to speak on my claim and gameplay, just as momentum is starting to shift against Tarh. But even as of Post 581, he still indicates that he's 50/50. I saw that as indicative of scum wanting to distance from a buddy, but not wanting to outright throw him under in case Tarh still stood a chance.

Still, reading back on Poker's play, he does indicate that he's genuinely trying to read people. I'd move him down my list significantly, which would look more like this given the last few pages:
Tarh
Mizzy
Cow
Erg0
PokerFace
Ether
Incog
Elmo
Scot
Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:49 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Jesus Christ the mod goes on one lousy seven hour flight and the thread explodes. In other news HOLY SHIT I'm in Paris!

Final vote count of Day Two
*Tarhalindur* - 6 (Glork, scotmany12, Erg0, Elmo, Tarhalindur, Incognito)

Not Voting - 4 (PokerFace, eldarad, hasdgfas, Mizzy, Ether)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Lynch scene to be added.
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:28 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

End of Day Two

Discussion starts quickly this evening, and in no time a contingent of the crowd is calling for Tarhalindur's blood. "You fools!" he cries out, before they win more supporters, "I'm a federal agent, here investigating the Morettis. I'm not the one you're after... but Glork is!" With shocked gasps, the discussion erupts into a shouting match.
"You're lying!" Glork counters. "I'm just an exotic dancer, I don't know anything about the Morettis."
"Oh, exotic dancer, is that what they're calling it now?" someone else says with a smirk. Glork gives a delicate little laugh and won't look the man in the eye.
After a long and loud argument, with many taking both sides, Tarhalindur finally breaks down and admits the truth. "I can't do this anymore," he says pitifully, as the crowd glares at him. "I work for the Morettis." More hands start grabbing him and dragging him towards the stage, as everybody lets go of Glork. With apologies to whatever anonymous gangsters remain in the crowd, he offers his own belt to Glork, who tightens it around Tarhalindur's neck. Everyone watches with revulsion as he gags, his eyes bulging and face turning purple before he collapses to his knees and dies.

Tarhalindur has been lynched. He was a
Moretti Family Soldier (Mafia Goon)

It is now night two. Those of you with night actions, please send them in. Night will be a minimum of 72 hours, but given my current location and less than reliable internet access, possibly more. The actual lynch scene will be written when I can get on a real computer instead of this flaky handheld device I'm using. Thank you for your patience.
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:14 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Day Three

The top story on the local news today is the ongoing investigation into the death of Patrick, including a poignant interview with his widow, a dowdy woman with prematurely grey hair who's taciturn demeanor leaves little doubt as to what drove him to spend every evening at the Satin Dolls Gentleman's club. The lack of news on the death of Tarhalindur means that the police and the media still hasn't gotten any inkling of what is going on at the Gentleman's Club under their very noses. But this also means that when everyone arrives this evening at the club, they have no forewarning and are aghast to find the body of Glork in her dressing room, where she's been beaten to death with a heavy chain and lock.

Glork -
Exotic Dancer (Jailkeeper)
has been killed night two.

Day three begins now.

26th vote count
Not Voting - 9 (hasdgfas, PokerFace, Mizzy, Ether, Incognito, scotmany12, eldarad, Erg0, Elmo)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Current deadline: July 14th, 4:00 PM EST
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:24 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Vote: hasdgfas
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Incognito »

scotmany12 wrote:
DING DING DING! I agree.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:01 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Incognito wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:
DING DING DING! I agree.

What wonderful reasoning here. Mind elaborating a bit please?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Yes, let's all vote without saying why! That'll win the game for the town. Good plan!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Incognito »

hasdgfas wrote:What wonderful reasoning here. Mind elaborating a bit please?
I believe I covered this already in my Post 569 even though that post was mainly focused on an analysis based on a Glork/hasdgfas scum pairing. The bottom of 569 is applicable to you directly though. I think your Day 2 play was particularly telling in that I never got the impression that you took a firm stance on either Glork or Tarhalindur; it looked like you were simply
waiting
to see which direction the two competing wagons would move instead of participating in the discussion during real time.

Your Post 182 also looks particularly bad now that Glork's alignment has been revealed. You had him listed in your number two spot despite the fact that your case against him was the strongest out of all three of your suspicions and then in that very same post, you voted for MafiaSSK, the person whom you couldn't even remember being suspicious of. It just looks to me like you were fearful of voting for Glork since you knew he was town and because he has a good reputation of being a good hunter so you chose to vote for a weaker target in MafiaSSK. I believe this was a point Erg0 was getting at back in post 184 as well:
Erg0, in post 184, wrote:I think I could see hasdgfas and MafiaSSK as buddies, based on the timing of hasdgfas' vote. Either that or hasdgfas is looking for a viable alternative wagon now that he's coming under pressure. I'm generally opposed to serious wagons on players like SSK at the start of the game, unless they have a history of only lurking as scum.
I also feel like hasdgfas would have gone after Glork a little harder if he were town.
So yeah, I think you're scum and that's why I'm voting for you.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Incognito »

Mizzy wrote:Yes, let's all vote without saying why! That'll win the game for the town. Good plan!
If you were reading the thread, you'd realize that my reasons for being suspicious of hasdgfas had already been covered.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

hasdgfas wrote:
Incognito wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:
DING DING DING! I agree.

What wonderful reasoning here. Mind elaborating a bit please?
You never took a stand on either Glork or Tar. As Incog says, it just seems like you were waiting to see which wagon grew. Also, now that tar is confirmed as scum, I felt like he was trying to deflect attention away from the wagon on you by trying to get elmo lynched.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Incognito wrote:It just looks to me like you were fearful of voting for Glork since you knew he was town and because he has a good reputation of being a good hunter
It wasn't that I knew he was town, it was that I knew he had a reputation for being a good scumhunter, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt during Day 1. Would you have done the same, Incog? Someone like Glork could definitely be a great person for the town to have and could be extremely useful, so I didn't want to lynch him early and have him possibly turn up town. While we're on this topic, I'm going to bring up your hammer. As already mentioned, it was WAY too early after a confession of being scum. It seems to me like you simply wanted to get the day over with as early as possible. Why would you want to do that when we had plenty of ways of getting more information out of the day, and Glork in particular. Why vote so quickly after not believing Tarscum/Glorktown for the whole time?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Incognito wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Yes, let's all vote without saying why! That'll win the game for the town. Good plan!
If you were reading the thread, you'd realize that my reasons for being suspicious of hasdgfas had already been covered.
So it's okay to just not mention why when voting? Every other time I've seen that done, the person doing it gets ripped a new one. I feel, myself, that's it's better to always be clear, especially to help re-reads later.

And you ain't the only one who did it, Mister Defensive.
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Incognito »

I've already responded to those questions already so my answering of your questions again would be a regurgitation/rehashing of stuff that I've already covered. After we had a self-admitted scum come forward, it just seemed like we had gotten enough information out of yesterday and the day before to be able to move forward from there on our own. That's all I can really say about that.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Incognito »

Cross-posted with Mizzy. 615 was in response to hasdgfas.

Mizzy, how is that being defensive? I was included in that "let's all vote without saying why" twosome of people, and I responded to your 609 on my own behalf.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Ether »

Tired. Happy to
vote: hasdgfas
. Um, the vote is related to the timing of his Glorkvote and unvote, his not really showing any signs of approaching conclusions after the unvote, and Tar's anti-Elmo chainsaw defense of him (heh) on Day 1. Most of these reasons have already been provided, and I'm probably forgetting something additional.
Post 553, hasdgfas wrote:2) I thought I'd be a good info lynch, as strange as that may sound.
Elaborate.

If there's someone alive who has a better meta on Erg0, I'm sheeping on everyone else's behavior toward him and would love to hear more. Just so we're clear on that.

I sort of kind of think Mizzy is town.

Mizzy, who's scum?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Even though I agree that Cow is probably scum, I still get some interestingly scummy vibes from Incog, maybe that's why I read his posting so far today as being defensive and overly so. Probably just me, but that's how I feel.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Ether wrote:
Post 553, hasdgfas wrote:2) I thought I'd be a good info lynch, as strange as that may sound.
Elaborate.
Sure. I haven't played well this game and I know that. When/if I die, attitudes towards me can and probably will tell loads about everyone. Some people seem to have jumped on me and ran at me since the beginning of the game and some seem to just be suspicious of me recently after other people have. I felt that way during day 1 and I feel that way now, just due to the attitudes regarding me.

A couple other things:
I find this suspicious as I pretty much already said the exact same thing. It also doesn't feel totally sincere to me for some reason.

I'm also not sure whether Incog answered my first question, so I'll ask it again. When you know how good a scumhunter someone like Glork can be, why wouldn't you be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt during Day 1?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Incognito »

hasdgfas wrote:I'm also not sure whether Incog answered my first question, so I'll ask it again. When you know how good a scumhunter someone like Glork can be, why wouldn't you be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt during Day 1?
I think I might have covered this when I was voting Glork on Day 1, but I'll say it again: I don't want to give anyone a big head or anything but the entire player list is filled with people who are pretty good scum hunters. Sure, Glork had a title of Paragon or what-have-you, but I'm sure every one of the people in this game could point to specific games where they did a pretty damn good job of hunting scum but didn't necessarily get recognition for it. In my opinion, Glork was acting scummy on Day 1, and I didn't see any reason why he of all the people in this game should have been excused for it. That's why I wasn't willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Mizzy »

hasdgfas wrote:I find this suspicious as I pretty much already said the exact same thing. It also doesn't feel totally sincere to me for some reason.
Or maybe you wanted an excuse to be suspicious of me because the OMGUS reason is bullshit and you know it?

As for Glork being a kickass scumhunter, yes he is, but he is also
capable of making mistakes

eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:47 am

Post by eldarad »

Checking in.
I don't have a problem with the cow-wagon. More thoughts as I get them.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Incognito »

Ether wrote:If there's someone alive who has a better meta on Erg0, I'm sheeping on everyone else's behavior toward him and would love to hear more. Just so we're clear on that.
Only played one game with Erg0 (Mini 554). We were both town in that game, and my overall impression of him so far is I feel like he was much more prolific in that game when compared to this one. He would be next in my suspicions list after hasdgfas.

hasdgfas, how do you feel about eldarad (MafiaSSK's replacement)? Since he's replaced in, I can't remember you mentioning another word of suspicion about him but yet you were all over MafiaSSK previously.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Mizzy wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:I find this suspicious as I pretty much already said the exact same thing. It also doesn't feel totally sincere to me for some reason.
Or maybe you wanted an excuse to be suspicious of me because the OMGUS reason is bullshit and you know it?
What the heck does this mean?
Mizzy wrote:As for Glork being a kickass scumhunter, yes he is, but he is also
capable of making mistakes
Ok, and how does that contradict my point at all?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”